Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Wait wait wait, the EA mobile suits were first developed by Morgenrette which is really stationed in Orb and Heliopolis...the M-1's, the G Weapons and even the Astray's were all developed from Orb.....so really....based off what data the EA could get off from both ZAFT and Orb....weren't the EA really the theives in MS Technology?......

It also has a brief cameo in the Red Frame episode.

I never did understood that cameo. He wasn't the incoming enemy...so why was there visual on him? It was the Deep ARMS.

Wait wait wait, the EA mobile suits were first developed by Morgenrette which is really stationed in Orb and Heliopolis...the M-1's, the G Weapons and even the Astray's were all developed from Orb.....so really....based off what data the EA could get off from both ZAFT and Orb....weren't the EA really the theives in MS Technology?......

No, ORB agreed to work with the Alliance and let the Alliance use the Morgenroter facility on Heliopolis so they could steal the Alliance's tech. If it was the other way around it would be the Alliance not ORB who wouldn't have the Phase Shift armor.

It's like letting someone build a car on your driveway just so you can steal some of the parts for yourself.

I would imagine after this drop a lot of the coordinators remaining in Orb might bolt and take off for Plant fearing for their safety. That wouldn't leave a good impact on Orb either.

Well, that fits into Shinn's little outburst at Cagalli. Coordinators will get the blame for allowing Junius 7 to fall. Naturals will go on the offensive (just as ZAFT did in the Bloody Valentine incident) and strike back hard. Any lingering doubt will be swept away by BC's propaganda machine. The phrase "The only good <fill in the blank> is dead <<fill in the blank>" will be felt.

Bit OT, but can anybody recommend a good artbook with lineart of SEED mecha?

You know, I've been trying to find one myself. Although, if it has character designs, I could care less. So far, I can't find one with good, clean lineart, not just designs with colored lineart. The File Mechanics books are full of designs but no lineart. It's so hard to find some clean, no color, lineart.

If ORB is warming up to the Alliance, I wonder if that means Minerva and Archangel are going to be seeing each other on opposite lines, and if that does happen, I wonder if Ramius will be commanding her again.

That might explain Freedom fighting Shinn in the intro (aside from Shinn simply wanting to kill Kira and assuming a rebuilt Freedom is being stored at Orb already). If the two ships are sent against each other, it will probably be be a small skirmish before they realize the deal and join up together. I wonder when the Strike Rouge will be picked up.

Edited by Anubis

Just saw on Gunota that it looks like Impulse & Zaku Warrior HCM Pro toys will be released next year. I'm going to be all over those.

Graham

There are also Metal Material Impulse models coming out (some kind of GQ model from Bandai), kind of like the Metal Material Aile Strike. One of each Impulse variant. I'm thinking about pre-ordering a Sword Impulse.

HCM Pro's sound pretty tempting though, and I could get all the Zaku variants with a smaller amount of space.

Here's a shot of the Metal Material Force Impulse.

post-26-1102056909_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Hmm, when are they going to come out with a 1/144 HG Impulse? It'll be fun making a little set up with a Force Impuse about to get owned by my Gunbarrel Strike.

I thought it was out about a month ago with the dreadnaught gundam? :huh:

But dammit...they better make the Gold Frame and Sword Calamity before they end the MSV line or i'd be annoyed. :angry:

There are also Metal Material Impulse models coming out (some kind of GQ model from Bandai), kind of like the Metal Material Aile Strike. One of each Impulse variant. I'm thinking about pre-ordering a Sword Impulse.

Yeah, the GQ (Gundam Quality) MMM toy looks nice. Should be out around the middle of this month from what I've heard (either 16th or 18th in HK).

Very little actual die-cast metal content though. Pics of the unpainted prototype in the Japanese hobby mags show that basically only the feet are die-cast.

I'm definitely getting one Force and one Sword version and also the Blast if they make it.

Graham

There are also Metal Material Impulse models coming out (some kind of GQ model from Bandai), kind of like the Metal Material Aile Strike.  One of each Impulse variant.  I'm thinking about pre-ordering a Sword Impulse. 

Yeah, the GQ (Gundam Quality) MMM toy looks nice. Should be out around the middle of this month from what I've heard (either 16th or 18th in HK).

Very little actual die-cast metal content though. Pics of the unpainted prototype in the Japanese hobby mags show that basically only the feet are die-cast.

I'm definitely getting one Force and one Sword version and also the Blast if they make it.

Graham

All 3 versions of the Impulse are coming out in the GQ line.

All that was really metal on the Strike was the inner frame, maybe on the impulse it's metal joints, maybe some inner reinforcement.

The only thing about a MMM is that is basically a metal HG kit, not as many bells and whistles as a Master Grade (like only the MG Strike's Wings folding in pre-launch position). I still really like my MMM Aile Strike though.

It's gonna be tough to decide which Zaku's to get. The HG 1/144's, the MSiA's (which look surprisingly good), or the HCM Pro's. If I go with HCM Pros I might even hold out for a Sword Impulse in that line. Space is at an extreme premium now. For UC it seems I'm going to stick with HGUC kits.

Does anyone have any of the UC HCM Pros? How durable are they? Do they suffer from Gashapon syndrome like many of the MSiA's do, or are they nice and sturdy to go along with all that nice detail.

I thought it was out about a month ago with the dreadnaught gundam?  :huh:

But dammit...they better make the Gold Frame and Sword Calamity before they end the MSV line or i'd be annoyed.  :angry:

I remember reading on Gunota that Dreadnaught is the final entry in the Seed MSV line. I do think that's really damn silly, though, considering that Sword Calamity was in both Astray shorts, and those shorts advertise the MSV line. <_<

Does anyone have any of the UC HCM Pros? How durable are they? Do they suffer from Gashapon syndrome like many of the MSiA's do, or are they nice and sturdy to go along with all that nice detail.

The HCM Pro series is entirely nice, strong, sturdy ABS plastic. No drooping, no softness to worry about. I have both the Zaku (grunt) and Rick-Dom and they're rather nice. The Rick-Dom's elbows will pop off the upper arm if you fiddle with them carelessly, but they go right back on.

Does anyone have any of the UC HCM Pros?  How durable are they?  Do they suffer from Gashapon syndrome like many of the MSiA's do, or are they nice and sturdy to go along with all that nice detail.

The HCM Pro series is entirely nice, strong, sturdy ABS plastic. No drooping, no softness to worry about. I have both the Zaku (grunt) and Rick-Dom and they're rather nice. The Rick-Dom's elbows will pop off the upper arm if you fiddle with them carelessly, but they go right back on.

Sweet.

Does anyone have any of the UC HCM Pros?  How durable are they?  Do they suffer from Gashapon syndrome like many of the MSiA's do, or are they nice and sturdy to go along with all that nice detail.

Sweet.

The mono-eyes are even posable. :D They're a bit limited because the accessories are attached to specific hands.. So you HAVE to have the Zaku hold its heat hawk, zaku bazooka, or zaku machinegun in its right hand. Likewise, the Rick-Dom's beam bazooka or heat saber have to be held in its right hand.

They're very nicely painted, nicely detailed.. The Zaku has a set of pistons in the upper thigh that flex when you bend the leg, the Rick-Dom has an attached, jointed ankle-piston that moves with the foot as well. They're not that much smaller then MSiA's, either, so they're not absolutely TINY.

Edited by DarkPhoenix

I thought it was out about a month ago with the dreadnaught gundam?  :huh:

But dammit...they better make the Gold Frame and Sword Calamity before they end the MSV line or i'd be annoyed.  :angry:

I remember reading on Gunota that Dreadnaught is the final entry in the Seed MSV line. I do think that's really damn silly, though, considering that Sword Calamity was in both Astray shorts, and those shorts advertise the MSV line. <_<

Well on the bright side there are conversion parts of a Sword Calamity floating around.

These episodes came come out soon enough. I'm still waiting to see how Athrun, Shinn and crew react when BC puts their plan into action. I'm sure they would expect it but wonder how they will deal with it. Also if Orb goes to the Earth Alliance I wonder what Cagalli will do.

All that was really metal on the Strike was the inner frame, maybe on the impulse it's metal joints, maybe some inner reinforcement.

Yeah, I know, I've owned both the MMM Aile Strike & Sword & Launcher Strike for quite a long time already.

Nice, toys, shame about the too long neck though, sorta kills the look of the toy IMO.

The only HCM Pro I have is the Titans RX-178 MK I Gundam, which was a present from somebody. As others have said, these are all ABS, no PVC, so quite durable and very poseable despite the small size. Definitely recommended if you like UC MS.

Graham

I just finshed watching ep 8 and it looks like BC is already kicking up the propaganda machine, upon cagali's return to orb, they show her the footage Jibrill obtained in the last ep, and alot of the Orb goverment people(i almost have the feeling some of them atleast may be afliated with BC) seem to be hinging toward the earth alience thinking it was totally plants fault,and not just a faction. Cagali tries to explain things, but of cource they dont listen(otherwise we would have no subplot would we?). also scenes are shown of earth people pissed off at plant saying the BC catch phrase,and fireing up at the sky.

Azuran meets up with kira and talks about whats going on, and Mariyu ramius and the Minerva captain have a nice chat at Morgenrater, Also Bartfield has his missing arm back, but still the scar. I have the feeling since its pretty much confirmed by this ep, that archangels crew is with orb, that we'll see a retrofitted archangel later in the series along with Eternal. on the Subject of ships, the Minverva is absolutely huge.. I think its prolly atleast 1.5x the size of archangel.

Meanwhile shin goes through his usual agnst, opening and closing the cell phone in his room,and later decides to visit whare the attack took place during the first war, there Kira and Shin have there first encounter, shin not knowing who kira is and vice versa. and the ep ends with shin walking away,and lacus laying down some flowers.

Also of intrest during the episode, Azuran gives Cagaili an engagement ring before departing to plant.

The next ep preview is intresting, Showing the plant forces going out to battle, agenst who,its not entirely clear, im guessing its the Zala Zaft faction as i did not see any EA mobile suits during the preview, and not the EA as the EA is prolly still recovering from the colony drop.

Otherwise, a very good ep, if seed destiny contiunes on the path its on, i will be a very happy person as i have not followed a series as it was being realised for quite sometime.:)

(i almost have the feeling some of them atleast may be afliated with BC) seem to be hinging toward the earth alience thinking it was totally plants fault,and not just a faction.

Doubtful any of them would be part of BC. But considering they just had a bunch of meteors land on top of them, the blame becomes all geared toward PLANT.

Cagali tries to explain things, but of cource they dont listen(otherwise we would have no subplot would we?).

More like, "Does it matter who did it?". Those were ZAFT GINNs. The images have spread out across the news services. People have seen the images of GINNs. Only 1 group uses GINNs; PLANT. The hate becomes more simple.

...and Mariyu ramius and the Minerva captain...Also Bartfield has his missing arm back, but still the scar.

Something also came up, Murrue is not using her last name "Ramius". Wonder if Andy is also not using his last name as well. Hummm...

Also, the way Talia just squeezed Arthur's arm when he saw Murrue was just priceless.

Also, Andy probably has a prosthetic arm. Not uncommon for people who are missing limbs.

shin not knowing who kira is and vice versa

Word from the magazine previews indicate that Shinn and Kira will fight around episode 14. Shinn, being the newbie and such...he'll be 0-1 (read: 0 wins, 1 lost) for now.

Something else from the previews is that Athrun will have his own faction with Minerva, considering ORB is swinging closer with EA....time for a new 3rd party.

BTW, use some official translations, not the early fansubs names.

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/ch...ters/index.html

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...nime.php?id=883

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...ime.php?id=2669

most of the orb goverment are just reacting to the colony drop that much is true,and i dont blame them, however the one guy with blue hair who seems to have an afinity for Cagali, and the Older guy with glasses(I forget there names), seem to be up to something.i dont know i just get the feeling, theres a tad more going on with orbs sudden change of heart so to speak. this is why i think those two specificly may be linked with BC.

ohmy.gif engagement ring!?!?!? Cagalli is dead no question about it now. ph34r.gif

I dont think she'll die, she's a tad above second tier cannon fodder charicter i would think.

Still but marriage in a show of this nature is never a good thing and usually ends in a tragic way. Either one of them is going to die or one of them is going to hook up with someone else breaking the heart of the other. From the opening I'm guessing its going to be the 2nd to be honest.

The next ep preview is intresting, Showing the plant forces going out to battle, agenst who,its not entirely clear, im guessing its the Zala Zaft faction as i did not see any EA mobile suits during the preview, and not the EA as the EA is prolly still recovering from the colony drop.

It's a large scale Earth Alliance attack on the PLANTs.

The mobile suits you can see are the new EA mass production model Windams.