Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Well see....

Anyways, word from the grapevine indicate Saviour is going to be coming in 2 weeks and with the fall of Junius 7 coming up (also in 2 weeks), I wouldn't be surprised with Freedom coming up so soon. I assume Freedom will be with ORB. Like hell Kira would join EA or ZAFT. Wonder who rebulit it....

BTW, Gunota has a few other tidbits:

- back-to-back episodes on Dec. 25 (5:30PM - 6:30PM).

- Vol. 1 DVD (R2) is coming January 24, 2005.

- Mika Arisaka (of Infinite Ryvius fame) will be singing the 2nd ending theme.

A shown in Ep 2 though, at least Rey and Lunimaria have trained to provide cover for Shinn so he can swap the equipment.

Actually, it Rey and Lunarmaria are assigned to Minerva so they are very aware of Impulse's capabilities. Or at least they better be aware of it. <_<

Kira's girlfriend is still Lacus Clyne after all. She probably has plenty of clout still to be able get the Freedom rebuilt/repaired.

The Opening distinctly shows Kira piloting the Freedom as it fights Shinn's Impulse. I am eager to see where this goes.

They're trying for a colony drop very early in this series. Hopefully that's a good sign for the kind of chaos that may ensue later. I will wager that if the drop is not prevented and Junius 7 does manage to connect on Earth, then we'll see a PLANT colony destroyed at some point.

I don't doubt the EA would respond in kind if a colony was managed to be dropped. Since the EA could use nukes again that would mean that Earht's power problem is over and that they'd be back or even in a better position for producing weapons, etc. I wonder if ZAFT is fully prepared for another war. Sure they have their new mobile suits but there is no way that the EA would go on the offensive like they have with stealing ZAFT's new Gundams unless they were full prepared for a full scale war and fully ready to deal with the fallout of that action. With a new battleship in space it could be that their fleet is already rebuilt yet ZAFT might not even be aware of the build up.

Which reminds me has there been any information at all released on who the situation between EA and ZAFT really is? Sure they signed a treaty but are each other's borders still guarded? Do ZAFT still have any lands on the Earth? I would have though once they could use nukes again and before they took the fight back into space they would have tried to bring almost all of Earth under their control, gather all space ports.

Again, something else. Is ORB even on Earth anymore? Or where it was before? Or did the EA fully take that over in Gundam SEED forceing ORB to take up someplace else as their home?

Maybe we have to wait till more episodes come out but was wondering if anything was said on this or if anyone came across anything touching on this information.

I don't  doubt the EA would respond in kind if a colony was managed to be dropped. Since the EA could use nukes again that would mean that Earht's power problem is over and that they'd be back or even in a better position for producing weapons, etc. I wonder if ZAFT is fully prepared  for another war. Sure they have their new mobile suits but there is no way that the EA would go on the offensive like they have with stealing ZAFT's new Gundams unless they were full prepared for a full scale war and fully ready to deal with the fallout of that action. With a new battleship in space it could be that their fleet is already rebuilt yet ZAFT might not even be aware of the build up.

Which reminds me has there been any information at all released on who the situation between EA and ZAFT really is? Sure they signed a treaty but are each other's borders still guarded? Do ZAFT still have any lands on the Earth? I would have though once they could use nukes again and before they took the fight back into space they would have tried to bring almost all of Earth under their control, gather all space ports.

Again, something else. Is ORB even on Earth anymore? Or where it was before? Or did the EA fully take that over in Gundam SEED forceing ORB to take up someplace else as their home?

Maybe we have to wait till more episodes come out but was wondering if anything was said on this or if anyone came across anything touching on this information.

The situation between EA and PLANT is probably tense. The treaty ended the war, but both have kept up their development, and the EA is probably keeping just as prepared as Zaft has been.

ORB was merely occupied in the first Seed, and thus the EA would have pulled out when the war was over. All the EA wanted anyway was the Mass Driver. ORB itself is a group of islands in the southern Pacific.

This one Earth ship stealing the Gundams smacks of Blue Cosmos direct involvement somewhere. Add in the fact that they have a new enhanced trio on board, a program the Captain and Neo were very knowledgable on. All this remains to be seen fully of course.

The principal EA itself wouldn't dare stage a raid on the Plant colony that houses Zaft HQ. There were enough Blue Cosmos members in the EA's heirarchy that a secret mission could easily be organized and supplied for their ends.

As for what lands Zaft currently controls on Earth, I'm curious as to that myself, as well as wether the Energy Crisis on Earth was ended. That would have required Zaft coming a disabling all the N-Jammers that are burried beneath the surface.

Edited by Anubis

After pondering it last night (had to give my head something else to think about rather than the election :p ) another reason would be to prolong the use of the PS armor. By sending the parts to the combat zone, and activating the PS-armor there, you can conserve the battery. Most MS with PS-armor deployed the system immediately after exiting the ship. If you factor in flight time to the combat zone with PS-armor on, it would probably show some drain on the battery. If we could delay the use of the PS-armor, the MS could have a slightly larger charge to the battery when it enters combat. And since the Sillouete packs have various requirements on the battery, it would make sense to find a way to delay the use of the PS-armor.

The idea behind the Sillouette packs are illustrated in episode 2. If the need to change equipment becomes necessary during combat, the Sillouette packs can be deployed quickly. Strike was not intended to have that capability (Sky Graspers had to be built to accomodate that ability and even then, there had to be a lot of planning for the equipment swap procedure. With Impulse, all Shin needs to do is call up Minerva and request a package). The Zakus are much like Strike in this case. A Zaku can't change it's armament upon leaving the ship. And unless you wish to develop a Sillouete package for a Zaku (which is probably what Impulse was designed for), hope that what you take with you is what you need.

Energy really isn't a concern, though. For one thing, they can turn the Phase Shift on whenever they want. If it's really that draining to turn it on right out the door, they don't have to do it then. The other thing is that Minerva employs a system that energizes Impulse's batteries automatically for as long as Impulse is within range, so the energy drain on Impulse turning on Phase Shift as it exits the ship is exactly zero.

The Striker packs weren't really that cumbersome, either. Strike changed packs in battle before the Skygraspers were ever introduced, and I was always under the impression (though I suppose I could be wrong) that mid-air changes were always designed to be one of the advantages of the packs, not just something Archangel managed to do when it had to. The Silhouette packs seem much more complex than the Striker packs, and unnecessarily so.

As for what lands Zaft currently controls on Earth, I'm curious as to that myself, as well as wether the Energy Crisis on Earth was ended. That would have required Zaft coming a disabling all the N-Jammers that are burried beneath the surface.

Since the EA had gotten their hands on a the designs for the N-Jammer Canceler, that allowed them to use nukes in the final battle, couldn't that have simply been adapted to their power planets are at least used to take out the N=Jammers on the planet? After they built more N-Jammer Cancelers I mean.

Would be nice to see what happen when it came to this situation.

For one thing, they can turn the Phase Shift on whenever they want.

Not in a combat situation. Nicol turned it off to use the Mirage Colloid system on Blitz and see how much trouble it broght him? In most situations, you would want PS-armor on. Imagine restarting your car at every signal/intersection/etc. It's not efficent nor is it something that you want to do. Now imagine you're being shot at, would you want your car coming to a complete stop, shutting down, then restarting the engine at every intersection? No. The other option is Trans-Phase armor. But since ZAFT probably doesn't have TP technology, they might as well optimize PS-technology (But even then, TP-armor can't be using a shutdown/startup routine, it has to use a stand-by/start-up routine to power-up the armor since it has to have a short reaction time).

Strike changed packs in battle before the Skygraspers were ever introduced, and I was always under the impression (though I suppose I could be wrong) that mid-air changes were always designed to be one of the advantages of the packs, not just something Archangel managed to do when it had to. The Silhouette packs seem much more complex than the Striker packs, and unnecessarily so.

IIRC, their idea was to launch it out into space, in a combat situation, in a straight line and pray for the best. Those are not good odds. They had no choice and from what I can tell, everybody thought the idea was crazy. Also the Striker packs use hardpoints on the shoulders, arms and back. Those are lots of pieces to be aware of. Hence, the Sky Graspers. But even that idea was still subject to problems. Since it's a completely manual process, both pilots would have to have worked out the routine enough to know how and when to drop each piece at the right time. The Silhouete system uses single back mounted packs with their own engine (i.e. their own flight system, only the Aile Striker pack had this feature). The delievry system is also done via a UAV (no need for a pilot or a expensive fighter to drop off the packs). The system may be more complex, but it is also much safer and less prone to user error.

Remember, the Phase Shift has no effect on beam weaponry. It's only for physical attacks, such as bullets or conventional explosives. Beams get right through, which is the reason for having the shield to block beam weapons.

Azrael was pretty much dead on about the strike packs vs sillouette pack.

The first time they shot the Launcher out to replace the Aile Pack in space the crew though it was nuts, but they did it anyway cause Kira's power was out.

Edited by Anubis

Gunota has a link to the Ep. 5 trailer, and it looks like they are heading right for Junius 7. I am amazed they are doing something like this already so soon in the series. Also, Yzak's team shows up.

Here's the media player link to the trailer.

Edited by Anubis

What kind of armor was on the GENESIS? It can't be standard Phase-Shift since the Kusanagi's Lohengrin barrage had no effect on it. It's definatly not Laminated Armor since they never got their hands on Archangel.

That's a damn good question. Zaft did have anti-beam coating capability. Zaft's starships had it and they were also able to make anti-beam shields (like Freedom's). So the genesis has to have this material with the anti-beam coating and then the phase shift on top of it.

Here's Gundam Official's Phase Shift definition.

Phase Shift Armor

(PS Armor) 

The most distinctive feature of the prototype Gundams developed by the Atlantic Federation. While active, this special armor nullifies all attacks by physical weapons, including blades, projectiles, and conventional explosives. However, it has no effect against beam and laser weapons, so most of the Gundams also carry shields treated with anti-beam coating. And because PS Armor consumes large amounts of energy, it cannot be used for extended periods lest it drain the mobile suit's energy battery.

PS Armor changes color upon activation. The Gundams which use this technology thus sport brilliant colors while in their Active Mode, and turn a dull gray when they switch to Deactive Mode.

Edited by Anubis

That's a damn good question. Zaft did have anti-beam coating capability. Zaft's starships had it and they were also able to make anti-beam shields (like Freedom's). So the genesis has to have this material with the anti-beam coating and then the phase shift on top of it.

The coating can't be that strong if Ed the Ripper was able to slice off the bridge of a Nazca-class with just anti-ship swords.

What kind of armor was on the GENESIS? It can't be standard Phase-Shift since the Kusanagi's Lohengrin barrage had no effect on it. It's definatly not Laminated Armor since they never got their hands on Archangel.

Here's Gundam Official's Phase Shift definition.

Phase Shift Armor

(PS Armor)  

The most distinctive feature of the prototype Gundams developed by the Atlantic Federation. While active, this special armor nullifies all attacks by physical weapons, including blades, projectiles, and conventional explosives. However, it has no effect against beam and laser weapons, so most of the Gundams also carry shields treated with anti-beam coating. And because PS Armor consumes large amounts of energy, it cannot be used for extended periods lest it drain the mobile suit's energy battery.

PS Armor changes color upon activation. The Gundams which use this technology thus sport brilliant colors while in their Active Mode, and turn a dull gray when they switch to Deactive Mode.

So technically...you can douse a whole PS Armor Gundam into anti-beam coating and it will be invincible? Maybe the coating will expire when it gets hit by kinetic weapons.

Wonder why they never just did that. :p

What kind of armor was on the So technically...you can douse a whole PS Armor Gundam into anti-beam coating and it will be invincible? Maybe the coating will expire when it gets hit by kinetic weapons.

Wonder why they never just did that. :p

The anti-beam coating probably doesn't last forever, especially the older versions that the Nazca class's had, nor that strong. However like many things, that field was improving.

The EA-designed Gundams' shields could take a lot of beam cannon attacks, block beam sabers, etc, with generally little apparrent wear on the shields. Zaft aquired it after analysis of the first 4 gundams, so the GuAIZ's, Zaft-made Gundams, and Zaku's have newer anti-beam shields. Zaft likely kept working on enhancing it further. If the Genesis was made of the same material, maybe stronger still, then it should be able to shrug off several Lohrengrin shots. Even for its small size, the Strike's shield was enough to save the Archangel from Dominion's shot, even though the Strike was destroyed in the process.

Maybe a beam-resistant gundam made of such material is on the way in the future. It's possible to an extent actually. Would pose a unique challenge.

Edited by Anubis

Well, according to the official site, ZAFT ships used a similar version of Anti-beam coatings on their ship. But the key point to remember is that even Anti-beam coatings will fade after heavy usage (Duel threw his shield up to block Strike Rouge. And when Yzak did it again, Forbidden's shot just went through the shield like a hot knife through butter). Think of it as polish. After a certain amount of wear-and-tear, it's gonna fade, in which case, you have to reapply the polish. I imagine with kinetic weapons, that coating would would last as long as it takes to scratch it off. So if you pound the mobile suit with missiles and kinetic rounds (their probably using armor-piercing/HE/HEAT ammunition), the coating would just fade to the point where it couldn't disapate any beam weapon.

The same applies to PS-armor. The effectiveness of PS-armor (and TP-armor) would last as long as the battery holds. But even then, wear-and-tear take effect and the effectiveness of the PS-armor would decrease as usage increases. But in the case of Freedom/Justice/Providence, even though the duration of the PS-armor is practically unlimited, it would probably decrease in effectiveness over time. If you punish it enough, the armoring system would either (A) stop working due to sustained wear-and-tear or (B) begin to produce "soft-spots" or "holes" in the system, or areas where the PS/TP-armor would not be as effective as other parts.

One thing I did notice is that Impulse kinda deals with the problem with the shield. Not only does it have the anti-beam coating (by default, all of the shields are suppose to withstand kinetic impact, I won't count that), but it also produces an energy field (you see it in episode 2 when the shield expands and a slight distortion when Impulse hits Abyss with the shield), which may also reduce the "impact" (for a lack of a better word) of beam weapons.

edit...this is what happens when I'm freezing my ass off...I can't spell. :(

Edited by azrael

I realise in UC timeline, the shields break almost as soon as they block any hit. Remembered alot of shield breakages in Stardust Memories. The AU shields were mostly made of impenetrable material or so it seemed.

On related note....are anti-beam cartridges like smokescreen, some kinda gas that diverts beams or dissipates it?

On related note....are anti-beam cartridges like smokescreen, some kinda gas that diverts beams or dissipates it?

Yep.

anti-beam depth charge 

A defensive device which can be fired from the multipurpose launchers distributed around the hull of the Archangel and other space warships. These so-called depth charges detonate between the ship itself and the enemy vessels, creating a cloud of beam-absorbing particles which temporarily decrease the energy of incoming beams. However, the particles have the same effect on the beam weapons of the ship which deployed the depth charges, so these devices aren't appropriate for all tactical situations.

Zaft likely kept working on enhancing it further. If the Genesis was made of the same material, maybe stronger still, then it should be able to shrug off several Lohrengrin shots.

Or they could have just used a thicker coating....But remember, Genesis was big. Very big. Chances are that it would have taken several shots to take out Genesis. The damaged to Genesis would have been minor for a target of that scale from 1 shot. And the 2 ships only had a chance for 1 shot.

Even for its small size, the Strike's shield was enough to save the Archangel from Dominion's shot, even though the Strike was destroyed in the process.

Which would also prove my point that the anti-beam coating would fade from wear-and-tear. Strike was able to last...what a whole 4-5 seconds before disentegrating?

I realise in UC timeline, the shields break almost as soon as they block any hit. Remembered alot of shield breakages in Stardust Memories.

The shields in the UC timeline were designed to withstand only kinetic weapons, more importantly, shots that came from any kinetic weapons up to a Zaku 120mm rifle. Beam weapons (which is what we saw a lot of in 0083) would have just wasted those shields. It wasn't until F91 that we got to see beam shields which was designed to deal with beam weapons.

For one thing, they can turn the Phase Shift on whenever they want.

Not in a combat situation. Nicol turned it off to use the Mirage Colloid system on Blitz and see how much trouble it broght him? In most situations, you would want PS-armor on. Imagine restarting your car at every signal/intersection/etc. It's not efficent nor is it something that you want to do. Now imagine you're being shot at, would you want your car coming to a complete stop, shutting down, then restarting the engine at every intersection? No. The other option is Trans-Phase armor. But since ZAFT probably doesn't have TP technology, they might as well optimize PS-technology (But even then, TP-armor can't be using a shutdown/startup routine, it has to use a stand-by/start-up routine to power-up the armor since it has to have a short reaction time).

Nicol had to turn off the Phase Shift because Mirage Colloid draws too much energy, so he couldn't run both systems at once. My point was that you see a few times, to activate the Phase Shift armor, you just push a little button to turn it on. If it consumes *that* much extra power that it's a problem to have it on right out the door, they could wait longer to turn it on before they get into battle. Since they don't, it doesn't really seem to be a problem. The Phase Shift armor doesn't just automatically activate when they leave the catapult, so there's no reason to think that flying out in several parts like Impulse does would delay use of Phase Shift and thus save power -- if he wants to delay using the Phase Shift, all he needs to do is keep his finger off the button. He doesn't need to fly out with his mobile suit in pieces.

Strike changed packs in battle before the Skygraspers were ever introduced, and I was always under the impression (though I suppose I could be wrong) that mid-air changes were always designed to be one of the advantages of the packs, not just something Archangel managed to do when it had to. The Silhouette packs seem much more complex than the Striker packs, and unnecessarily so.

IIRC, their idea was to launch it out into space, in a combat situation, in a straight line and pray for the best. Those are not good odds. They had no choice and from what I can tell, everybody thought the idea was crazy. Also the Striker packs use hardpoints on the shoulders, arms and back. Those are lots of pieces to be aware of. Hence, the Sky Graspers. But even that idea was still subject to problems. Since it's a completely manual process, both pilots would have to have worked out the routine enough to know how and when to drop each piece at the right time. The Silhouete system uses single back mounted packs with their own engine (i.e. their own flight system, only the Aile Striker pack had this feature). The delievry system is also done via a UAV (no need for a pilot or a expensive fighter to drop off the packs). The system may be more complex, but it is also much safer and less prone to user error.

I don't remember everyone thinking the idea was crazy, but it's been a while since I watched SEED, so I'll just take your word for it. If that is the case, I suppose I can see where the Silhouette packs are safer. Otherwise, I would still have to say that simply putting on a new backpack is much easier than sending out the MS in separate pieces that all have to combine, banking on the assumption that the enemy will just sit there and gawk instead of trying to pick off the individual pieces.

Nicol had to turn off the Phase Shift because Mirage Colloid draws too much energy, so he couldn't run both systems at once. My point was that you see a few times, to activate the Phase Shift armor, you just push a little button to turn it on. If it consumes *that* much extra power that it's a problem to have it on right out the door, they could wait longer to turn it on before they get into battle. Since they don't, it doesn't really seem to be a problem. The Phase Shift armor doesn't just automatically activate when they leave the catapult, so there's no reason to think that flying out in several parts like Impulse does would delay use of Phase Shift and thus save power -- if he wants to delay using the Phase Shift, all he needs to do is keep his finger off the button. He doesn't need to fly out with his mobile suit in pieces.

The problem with that is if you treat it as a light switch, turning it on and off at a whim, so to speak, that would be like telling a soldier to run out of the transport without a flak vest and only giving it to the soldier when he/she is fired upon and then taking it away when their not being shot at. That's quite inefficient and quite dangerous.

Of course, that only explains the PS-armor (which is still quite impractical for mass-production). As Anubis said, rapid deployment. And as I said earlier, those pieces also improve pilot survivability and are modular components.

Funnel fight look familiar? <_<

Yeah, that comparison has been around for 1.5 weeks.....They reused a few movement sequences in Destiny (if you compare when Strike and Impulse pull out their beam sabers , you'll see some similarity). I can name a few more but meh.

Funnel fight look familiar? <_<

OMG that priceless. :lol:

Nicol had to turn off the Phase Shift because Mirage Colloid draws too much energy, so he couldn't run both systems at once.  My point was that you see a few times, to activate the Phase Shift armor, you just push a little button to turn it on.  If it consumes *that* much extra power that it's a problem to have it on right out the door, they could wait longer to turn it on before they get into battle.  Since they don't, it doesn't really seem to be a problem.  The Phase Shift armor doesn't just automatically activate when they leave the catapult, so there's no reason to think that flying out in several parts like Impulse does would delay use of Phase Shift and thus save power -- if he wants to delay using the Phase Shift, all he needs to do is keep his finger off the button.  He doesn't need to fly out with his mobile suit in pieces.

The problem with that is if you treat it as a light switch, turning it on and off at a whim, so to speak, that would be like telling a soldier to run out of the transport without a flak vest and only giving it to the soldier when he/she is fired upon and then taking it away when their not being shot at. That's quite inefficient and quite dangerous.

Of course, that only explains the PS-armor (which is still quite impractical for mass-production). As Anubis said, rapid deployment. And as I said earlier, those pieces also improve pilot survivability and are modular components.

I don't think we're on the same page here. Maybe the problem is I just misunderstood what you were saying in the first place. The way I took what you said was, they turn the Phase Shift on as soon as they're out of the ship and that wastes energy because they don't need it just yet, so going out in pieces like Impulse does saves energy because the Phase Shift isn't activated right out the door. I don't think that's really true, because it's just a button they press to turn on Phase Shift, so if there's that much energy wasted before getting into battle, they could wait until they get closer. Since they don't, it probably doesn't waste that much energy to turn it on there.

What it seems like you're saying now, and what you were probably saying all along that I just misunderstood, is that even though there's just a button to activate it or deactivate it, it's not feasible to keep turning it on and off on a whim because that'll consume more energy than just leaving it on. And I'll agree with you there, but that's not what I was talking about because that's not what I thought you were talking about. If that's what you're talking about, though, I don't really see how Impulse has a clear advantage over Strike. The Silhouette packs just don't seem to me like they'd be anymore efficient than the Striker packs were.

I don't really see how Impulse has a clear advantage over Strike. The Silhouette packs just don't seem to me like they'd be anymore efficient than the Striker packs were.

I don't see how Impulse is not clearly superior to Strike in any way you can compare.

It's power is essentially unlimited - no battery limits like Strike.

Striker Packs weren't made for automated and efficient rapid switching and Impulse's are.

Impulse's weapons load out is *vastly* superior to Strike's, making it a much better multi-purpose unit.

I don't think we're on the same page here.  Maybe the problem is I just misunderstood what you were saying in the first place.  The way I took what you said was, they turn the Phase Shift on as soon as they're out of the ship and that wastes energy because they don't need it just yet, so going out in pieces like Impulse does saves energy because the Phase Shift isn't activated right out the door.  I don't think that's really true, because it's just a button they press to turn on Phase Shift, so if there's that much energy wasted before getting into battle, they could wait until they get closer.  Since they don't, it probably doesn't waste that much energy to turn it on there.

True, it probably doesn't waste that much power, but the price of that is now you are unprotected for the duration from leaving port to the combat zone. That is quite dangerous. Better to be safe than sorry.

is that even though there's just a button to activate it or deactivate it, it's not feasible to keep turning it on and off on a whim because that'll consume more energy than just leaving it on. And I'll agree with you there...

Now you got it.

..but that's not what I was talking about because that's not what I thought you were talking about.  If that's what you're talking about, though, I don't really see how Impulse has a clear advantage over Strike.  The Silhouette packs just don't seem to me like they'd be anymore efficient than the Striker packs were.

Again, I was only referring to the PS-armor. That's just one slice of the pie. For the Silhouette packs, that's another slice. The Silhouette packs no longer require a manned-fighter to deliever the equipment. That is done via a UAV. So there is no need for a pilot to risk his/her life. With the packs just limited to the backpack, there is less worry about individual parts. It's now all contained into 1 unit and docking is simplified to just 1 unit. At most, the Striker packs contained 3 different parts/sections to worry about. That is quite a lot to worry about. Plus each piece had to be literally dropped into place (with the exception of the Aile backpack). Not only is that inefficient since you have to wait for all pieces to dock to take advantage of the whole package, but dangerous since you have to worry about 3 things at once while being shot at (when applicable). The Silhoutte packs unify all of those pieces into 1 unit and includes a built-in flight system. Impulse no longer has to juggle with falling pieces from the sky. They could be docked in mid-air. Also with the single-unit approach, you reduce the time needed to be ready. Getting it done in one shot is much more efficient than having to drop each part, and repeat until the process until all parts are on.

I personally find it funny that the core splendor ( :blink: ?) launches and then jettisons its missles right after launch so it can combine into the impulse. Waste of munitions.....

well probably not important but the way the discussions are heading, thought i'd just be anal. :p

I don't really see how Impulse has a clear advantage over Strike.  The Silhouette packs just don't seem to me like they'd be anymore efficient than the Striker packs were.

I don't see how Impulse is not clearly superior to Strike in any way you can compare.

It's power is essentially unlimited - no battery limits like Strike.

Striker Packs weren't made for automated and efficient rapid switching and Impulse's are.

Impulse's weapons load out is *vastly* superior to Strike's, making it a much better multi-purpose unit.

well,, the power limit can improve certain Pilots, because you are force to compete a task with-in a given amount of time. You will automaticaly be more agressive and scare the hell out of your enemy. Since the ARMOR is pretty much the same, as long as you can take the enemy out before he can take advatage of his unlimit charge then you're just as superior.

As for the automatic pack,, they are good because you don't need a pilot but it's also bad because it will not adapt to different situation as well as extra pilot. I mean, it only delivers,, it will not shoot at your enemy to help you out,, it will not sacrificed it's life to safe yours.

And the Launch of the Impulse is a bad thing too, Why place them in 4 parts. It's should be preasemble and ready to go.

I like the Strike alot more then the Impulse in almost every single way.

also you are comparing a 1st GEN to a 2nd GEN.

:huh: *is lost in the cartoon mumbo jumbo physics stuff*

ep 4 is out subbed :)

So it seems next ep will have the colony drop or at least start it.

So far i am loving SEED destiny its gonna be a annoying as hell year to see how it all ends but I'm sure I'll love the ride.

As for another Z similarity... that chick from SEED with the brown hair and was one of the bridge people is now a free lance reporter or something similar... so do you think we'll se her sporting a fancy suit and a whip in the jungles of south america :p

Hey, wut clients do you guys use to dl torrents? I tried torrent storm, but that wasn't that great. I hear Azureus has bugs. The default client is weak, I'm always uploading at like 25, and averaging like 12-15 speeds, and I supposedly have a 3 mb connection. I mean, jeez I should at least be up to 80.

I personally find it funny that the core splendor launches and then jettisons its missles right after launch so it can combine into the impulse. Waste of munitions.....

More like reused footage....get use to it.

Hey, wut clients do you guys use to dl torrents? I tried torrent storm, but that wasn't that great. I hear Azureus has bugs. The default client is weak, I'm always uploading at like 25, and averaging like 12-15 speeds, and I supposedly have a 3 mb connection. I mean, jeez I should at least be up to 80.

The default client is meant to be a a basic client for the overall protocol. It is not suppose to be a customized client with bells and whistles.

Have you tried this one: http://www.bittornado.com/

I've started using shareaza. No spyware, no BS, just a good clean free file share, and it can handle multiple torrents and seed torrents. Good program.

Edited by Anubis