Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

And here's some thoughts on Seed Destiny so far.

Shin asks what Gundam fans have been thinking for years. "Why are these things stolen so easily?!" While it's handled well sometimes, the Gundamjack is a cliche, and it's amusing to see someone point that out.

I wonder why Abyss, Chaos, and Gaia don't have Impulse in their recogition libraries. Impulse certainly has them.

And speaking about Impulse. Bleh. At least in ZZ and Victory, the top and bottom parts pretended to look different. Chest Flyer and Leg Flyer suck. And I hoping someone in the series comments on ZAFT plagiarizing Strike.

Hey, Yzak got rid of that stupid scar. Good for him.

I'm hoping that they're going to keep the 'Kira killed Shin's family' angle, and not have some silly revelation that Forbidden actually deflected Calamity's shot back at the ground, and it's really not Kira's fault. Because that would suck.

So far, liking the series, and hoping Neo isn't Mwu.

She was just shocked that he sounded like her father, at which point he knocked her out.

The whole point of that was to demonstrate how messed up she was after the death of her father. I'm sure if Mu started to sound like her dad, she would have hung around him more.

Flay was related to Mu/Creuset....Keith, whatever you're smoking, pass it around. I need to come up with some funny stuff like that. :)

Not a Newtype reaction as such though, I must say. Kira is no Newtype, and probably never will be (hopefully). He's just got either insanely fast reflexes, or that Ultimate Coordinator thing going for him.

That can be argued both ways. Kira reacted and broke off from the Cagalli/Athrun/cannon-fodder Astrays group to engage Creuset. He did sense something, whether it was a Newtype reaction is can be debated. It could be tied to puberty (as Kira is just starting that stage of life, while Mu and Creuset are full adults, etc, etc, etc).

Here'e the Dreadnought H (the H letter stands for "eta" from the Greek alphabet)

post-26-1098462194_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

The Astray Out Frame.

Don't know what the heck that thing on it's back is, but it looks to me kind of like a RX-79G (8th MS Team) style storage backpack, with it's shield mounted on the back of it, with it's guns on the side. No idea what else it could be.

post-26-1098462398_thumb.jpg

I don't like the fact that the Astray is becoming more and more like a ....I dunno...regular gundam with regular gundam colors?

One would probably think a Astray ZERO CUSTOM or something would come out...and make it looks kick ass and kick the ass out of the GAT-X series....but noooo....its becoming into your regular fancy colored gundam. Psssshhh!! <_<

They come out with something like Outframe and Eta....behhh

On the issue of Flay:

She definitely is not related to Mu and Rau. The voice actor for George Alster and Rau was the same person. Since she had so many issues regarding her dead papa, she'd of course have some bizarre attachment to Rau since he sounds like her father. If you watch the dub, you'll notice that George and Rau are also played by the same person in anticipation of that event.

As for Rey/Rau/Neo/Mu:

If you listen closely, you'll notice that Rey's voice actor is the same as Rau's, only sounding a bit younger. There's a recent pic from the SEED special edition showing unmasked Rau, and the resemblance to Rey is quite strong. Of course, Neo's voice actor is also the same as Mu's, so take that as you will. There's also the matter of Rey's Newtype flashes when Neo is nearby, but who can say at this point? Maybe all Newtypes in SEED are blonde guys, masked guys, or blonde masked guys. Maybe Rey is a Rau clone and Neo is Mu in disguise. We'll see soon enough.

Maybe all Newtypes in SEED are blonde guys, masked guys, or blonde masked guys. Maybe Rey is a Rau clone and Neo is Mu in disguise. We'll see soon enough.

Hitler believed that the superior race were to be Blonde haired and Blue eyed with a light complexion....Mwu wasn't exactly a blonde : /

What happed to Drednaught's DRAGOON system?

It was removed as Canard (who now has Dreadnaught since Hyperion was destroyed) wasn't able to use it.

As for Outframe and Raystra, they're both Junk Guild made.

Outframe was a uncomplete mobile suit they salvaged (it had no armor, hence "outframe") and does in fact have a female pilot, I believe.

Raystra was a custom build put together by the Junk Guild from salvaged parts, and they have it for sale or rent on the condition it's not used for war or hostile purposes.

What happed to Drednaught's DRAGOON system?

It was removed as Canard (who now has Dreadnaught since Hyperion was destroyed) wasn't able to use it.

Yeah I noticed they listed Canard as the Dreadnaught pilot, is he still considered a Super Coordinator like he was in the manga (In an issue of NewType they said he was also created as a Super Coordinator like Kira at Mendel)? How did he end up with that unit?

On another note, does anyone know Prayer's (original Dreadnaught pilot) backstory? He seems to bear a resembelance to Mwu and Raww.

I don't know, as of right now, I'm convinced that Neo IS Mwu. If it wasn't for the fact that Neo pilots a mobile armor that closely resembles the Mobius Zero, I might have overlooked Neo being played by the same voice actor and having the same hair color.

I don't know, as of right now, I'm convinced that Neo IS Mwu. If it wasn't for the fact that Neo pilots a mobile armor that closely resembles the Mobius Zero, I might have overlooked Neo being played by the same voice actor and having the same hair color.

I don't see how it could be, seeing how he took a full on mega particle beam salvo to his mobile suit and took the full brunt, seeing how he blocked any damage to the bridge of the ship (I forgot the name).

Although, this IS anime and they could just say something like he used a ejection capsule or what not. Like everyone else may have been saying, it's probably more likely that Neo is a clone.

It is funny how Gundams keep on getting stolen. You think eventually someone would wise up and deactivate it or drain the fuel or pull a major component of the reactor or lock the cockpit and/or disarm it like how the military stores their planes and tanks. I mean, who stores a secret weapon fully fueled and armed, moreso if it is a test vehicle?! I think it's laziness on the part of the writers to keep falling back on the stolen Gundam theme, even if it is a main part of the mythos.

The really funny part is that Shin asks that very question: Why were they so easy to steal?

As for Mwu/Neo, I heard a disquieting rumor that the final special edition compilation for Seed will edit out his shattered helmet floating in the Strike debris. If it's true, then yeah, I think Mwu is Neo. If the helmet is still there, then Neo is something else.

I'm hoping the special edition takes out the helmet but if they do that it brings the question, what would have happen that would have caused Mwu to take this stance. Sure a life or death exerience could do it or maybe he woudln't have any memory of things which could play nice into him meeting past crewmembers from Seed.

Edited by Effect

If we no longer see Mwu's shattered helmet then I would have to lean towards the assumption that Neo = incognito Mwu. I mean if Kira somehow managed to survive the Aegis explotion with that huge gouge in the cocpit armor then no reasn Mwu couldn have made it out in a similar way.

As to why Mwu m is doing this if it is indeed him, then I'm guessing he wants to make sure that there aren't any more Ariga clones running around, before he settles down with Ramius. And for some reason or another it would be better if a lot of people though he was dead, though there's no way it could be everyone, someone has to know who Neo really is.

Raww actualy looks younger than Mwu, but that might just be me...

I would say the reason they were so easy to ripoff in DESTINY is that ZAFT had some major security breaches.

Edited by Druna Skass

Man, Rey looks JUST like Crueset only younger.

I'm sticking with Mwu clone for Neo and a younger Crueset clone (or possibly son) for Rey.

I don't think Neo is Mwu. Mwu never had that kind of smirk like when Neo trashed those GuAIZs.

Edited by Anubis

Someone in the thread wondered if the little boy being picked on could have been Azrael, learder of Blue Cosmos. Would make sense for his hatred of coordinators if that was him

I agree there, that looks kind of like Azrael, and that would help to explain his hatred a little.

Edited by Anubis

Well, I'm now leaning toward an amnesic Mwu, perhaps with some serious head injuries, with the helmet to cover the scars. With no knowledge of his life, the EA takes him in, gives him a good dose of Blue Cosmos propaganda, and gives him the tongue-in-cheek name of Neo, to signify his new life.

Well, I'm now leaning toward an amnesic Mwu, perhaps with some serious head injuries, with the helmet to cover the scars. With no knowledge of his life, the EA takes him in, gives him a good dose of Blue Cosmos propaganda, and gives him the tongue-in-cheek name of Neo, to signify his new life.

Very possible, if they did go that way it woudl be believeable.

That's very plausable, and with all his ties to the Alliance either dead or with ORB, there's little chance that anyone friendly to him will know who he really is.

Unless they were scrapped Archangel, Kusanagi, and Eternal should be stashed somewhere. Perhaps he'll run into on of those ships or a ship of the same class and trigger something. It'll be very interesting to see what he'd do if he ran into an upgraded Archangel with Ramius in the command chair.

Well, I'm now leaning toward an amnesic Mwu, perhaps with some serious head injuries, with the helmet to cover the scars.  With no knowledge of his life, the EA takes him in, gives him a good dose of Blue Cosmos propaganda, and gives him the tongue-in-cheek name of Neo, to signify his new life.

Very possible, if they did go that way it woudl be believeable.

But the dude got blasted by a beam cannon hit.... <_<

But the dude got blasted by a beam cannon hit.... <_<

Kira was also in the middle of the explotion from the self detonating Aegis (with the integrity of the armor around the cockpit compromised no less), and Andy was in his unit when it exploded. When the Aegis blew up, it made one very BIG bang. In the Astrey manga that explotion nearly took out the Red Frame which was watching the fight from the other end of the island. Both of them had to have escaped death somehow, Mwu might have dodged death in a similar fasion.

Weird stuff happens, even in real life like with Hitler and Stauffenburg's bomb that killed everyone in the room except Hitler.

But the dude got blasted by a beam cannon hit....  <_<

Kira was also in the middle of the explotion from the self detonating Aegis (with the integrity of the armor around the cockpit compromised no less), and Andy was in his unit when it exploded. When the Aegis blew up, it made one very BIG bang. In the Astrey manga that explotion nearly took out the Red Frame which was watching the fight from the other end of the island. Both of them had to have escaped death somehow, Mwu might have dodged death in a similar fasion.

Weird stuff happens, even in real life like with Hitler and Stauffenburg's bomb that killed everyone in the room except Hitler.

Well if you put it that way......can't argue with that. :lol:

well, I just though of another thing,, since the 3 new gundams run on a new system that powers their Mecha through Network,, meaning they are getting their power from somewhere. And if's they were stolen , Zaft could easly turn power off on their protective armor, or suck power from all 3 gundams.

well, I just though of another thing,, since the 3 new gundams run on a new system that powers their Mecha through Network,, meaning they are getting their power from somewhere. And if's they were stolen , Zaft could easly turn power off on their protective armor, or suck power from all 3 gundams.

When you put it that way, the Impulse can be disabled just by damaging the Minvera's power relay system. I think I'd rather take the Trans Phase-Shift and battery system over the Impulse's system and just use the relay system as a back-up.

well, I just though of another thing,, since the 3 new gundams run on a new system that powers their Mecha through Network,, meaning they are getting their power from somewhere.  And if's they were stolen , Zaft could easly turn power off on their protective armor, or suck power from all 3 gundams.

Not quite. The system works by recharging the battery via network. They still have a battery as a primary system. The idea is that the MS no longer needs to return to port to recharge it's battery reactor. So if you turn off the power network, it doesn't kill the power like Nadesico. It just means that the MS has to return to port to recharge the battery.

edit:

Think of an MS as fighter. A fighter runs on limited fuel. However, it can receive a refuel mid-flight via a refuelling plane. That's what the recharging system is on the Minerva. It just recharges (refuels) the MS in mid-flight.

Edited by azrael

Which is seed special 3? Is it a recent release? I have a couple of the HK releases, the first MS showcase, the second first half series recap, and the second series recap covering the end, which also had the openings, endings, & epilogue.

The 3rd special starts with Cagalli and Athrun stranded on the island together, and ends with the attack starting on the Alaska base and Lacus giving Kira the Freedom.

The specials are basically 50 minute very compressed spreads of the show. Kind of like movie versions I guess or just 50 minute recaps. There are some sprinking's of new footage scattered around, like a couple shower scenes, a more explicit depiction of Tolle's death, and some footage of the zaft pilots before they entered heliopolis.

When is the 4th one supposed to come out?

Edited by Anubis

There are three specials, each running 90 minutes.

The first two specials were shown on tv, but on the Internet they were released each split into two 45 minute parts.

The third special is dvd only, and came out last week.

Special 1 covers episodes 1-22 (beginning through to the desert arc)

Special 2 covers episodes 23-40 (sea arc/Operation Spitbreak through to the Orb invasion arc)

Special 3 covers episodes 41-50

Edited by Panon

There are three specials, each running 90 minutes.

The first two specials were shown on tv, but on the Internet they were released each split into two 45 minute parts.

The third special is dvd only, and came out last week.

Special 1 covers episodes 1-22 (beginning through to the desert arc)

Special 2 covers episodes 23-40 (sea arc/Operation Spitbreak through to the Orb invasion arc)

Special 3 covers episodes 41-50

OK, so I have special 1 and half of special 2 then. Got these from Anime Kraze. Anyone else sub the seed specials yet?