Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

:o holy poop on a shtick! According to AnimeSuki's trackers Animekingdom's got over a thousand downloaders and almost 800 seeders while others are not close enough to break 200.........WOW if I downloaded that today I'd be done in less than 45 minutes I bet :p But I already got Uke and AK's versions to compare and contrast for a script so wahla!

I downloaded it in an hour and a half.

Impulse combining sequence is not as quick as V Gundam :D

And it seems Impulse cannot afford to lose any body parts...

(V Gundam uses its body parts as missiles... :lol: )

of course, it's slowed down so that we can watch it for once. I'm sure they'll speed things up as the series progresses. Originally, the G-Armor separation sequence (from 0079/MSG) was done slowly (like a 10 sec scene). By later episodes, the time spent on the scene was reduced. At times, it looked like it was just 5 secs. The first time is just for show. As we move on, the sequence will be shorter (cuz we've seen it already).

Yep just remember the first time we saw the VF-0 transform, they first gave us a quick 10 second detailed transformation, after that WOOSH! And it's been WOOSH every since.....and I do over exagerate the WOOSH!

If the intro is any indicator, Impulse will combine quite fast. Look how quick it is in the force linkup right before the title. 2 or 3 seconds.

If the intro is any indicator, Impulse will combine quite fast. Look how quick it is in the force linkup right before the title. 2 or 3 seconds.

I wonder how long Impulse can survive until the next Gundam shows up...

My prediction is Freedom vs Impluse and Freedom wins then Shin will get a new Gundam. :lol:

If the intro is any indicator, Impulse will combine quite fast.  Look how quick it is in the force linkup right before the title.  2 or 3 seconds.

I wonder how long Impulse can survive until the next Gundam shows up...

My prediction is Freedom vs Impluse and Freedom wins then Shin will get a new Gundam. :lol:

I think when Shin gets whatever the replacement Gundam is someone else will inherit the Impulse with a new IWSP-type pack as an ORB hook-up to the crew.

Kind of like how the Gundam Mk. II got handed down in Zeta and upgraded to the Super Gundam.

Freedom and Impulse have to clash at some point though. They seem to have given quite a few snippets of info through this intro.

I do have to add that for once it's nice we get a main character who's already an experienced pilot for said military. Hasn't really happened since the UC OVA's, and Athrun in the first seed since him and Kira kind of shared top billing in Seed. Kira was brand new to the game though.

Good touch, and you can skip the whole getting used to being a pilot angle, and have someone who knows what he's doing right away. That's what got everyone surprised at the end of the first episode: After the thieves kick everyone's butt, another Gundam shows up on the scene with a slick introduction with two really big beam sabers looking set up to pull a darth maul on someone. Intro yourself like that and others know you mean some business. Looking at the ep 2 preview Shin's pretty quick with those blades too.

I also hope for a Providence Gundam MK. II or at least something with a lot of funnels (or Dragoon system, whatever they called it in Seed).

Edited by Anubis

I have to agree, that enterance was nice. Its good to finally have an experienced main character again. I hope this means we won't be bothered with him feeling sad about killing the enemy, worry about not killing a friend or some other nonsense. Though I did notice one thing in the preview for episode 2. Is it me or do the three Earth pilots seem like they are drugged up the way the other three pilots were in SEED? Just not as crazy though and that they actually work as a team. I was worried about how Shin would be but not to worried anymore. I just wish all the characters didn't look at like though.

Something I also noticed is Stellarh could be lik Lady Une, the whole split personality gig....if you notice she was all happy go lucky in that dress, than when she pulls out the knife WHAM evil she-glare of death.

I know it's unlikely, but I'd like to see a ressurected Strike or Aegis with Newtype equipment. I wouldn't mind seeing Neo/Mwu? with a gunnbarrel equipped Aegis MkII

My Gunbarrel Dagger just came in, now I finnaly have a Gunbarrel Strike. Now I just need some paper clips to "deploy" the gunbarrels.

post-26-1097887739_thumb.jpg

On the impulse:

Generation

Unsubdued

Nuclear

Drive

Assault

Module

I think i given up trying to make sense of Gundam acronyms..... <_<

So what is this supposed to mean....the Gundams are again nuke powered?

No.

When Impulse (or any of the other Gundams) powers up the "Unsubdued Nuclear" part of the acronym is overwritten by "Unrestricted Network".

I got the "Unsubdued Nuclear" thing from the intro, and I assumed it was the impulse since it WAS showing the impulse powering up.

No.

When Impulse (or any of the other Gundams) powers up the "Unsubdued Nuclear" part of the acronym is overwritten by "Unrestricted Network".

I got the "Unsubdued Nuclear" thing from the intro, and I assumed it was the impulse since it WAS showing the impulse powering up.

You do understand that those words on the screen were being written over, right?

They were replaced with:

Generation

Unrestricted

Networked

Drive

Assault

Module

The intro cuts off the when it's 2/5 of the way through the boot-up. Watch the episode, not the intro. :)

No.

You do understand that those words on the screen were being written over, right?

They were replaced with:

Generation

Unrestricted

Networked

Drive

Assault

Module

The intro cuts off the when it's 2/5 of the way through the boot-up. Watch the episode, not the intro. :)

Doh...stupid me. <_<

but why are the names being written over, did they forgot to upgrade their OS, or is this their loop hole in the treaty for using nuclear power Gundam. I mean I'm pretty sure all these new gundams are nulcear power,, they are just label as something else,, and it's full power could be enable it with a code or something.

Kinda like a nuclear gundam acting like a normal one, who would know.

but why are the names being written over, did they forgot to upgrade their OS, or is this their loop hole in the treaty for using nuclear power Gundam.  I mean I'm pretty sure all these new gundams are nulcear power,, they are just label as something else,,  and it's full power could be enable it with a code or something.

They are not nuclear-powered MS. The OS used to control the MS was based off the original Freedom/Justice/Providence OS, hence why the boot-up sequence is the same. However, they use a new type of system which allows them to receive power via distance. This way, they don't need to return to a port to recharge the battery.

Edited by azrael

That's right they're doing an Aestivalis thing from Nadesico......as long as the Mobile Suits are within the perameter of the main energy source supplying them, they don't run out of juice. But once your out of the radius of energy, you start to loose power or just completely shut down.

I wonder how'll this will work with 3 MS's stolen by the EA now?

Most likely the Alliance will analyse the hell out of them and end up on a par with ZAFT. Whatever new Gundams the Alliance makes will either use this tech, or they'll just say "to hell with it, build a couple of NJ Cancellers and equip some new Gundams with them."

Most likely the Alliance will analyse the hell out of them and end up on a par with ZAFT. Whatever new Gundams the Alliance makes will either use this tech, or they'll just say "to hell with it, build a couple of NJ Cancellers and equip some new Gundams with them."

All the more reason to bring back Freedom.

All the more reason to bring back Freedom.

Freedom is the mutant clone of Double X, they need to and actualy design a new suit. Okawara needs to step down and take a vacation.

Maybe a "Hi Nu" Freedom or something. Or Freedom ver Ka.

I'm pretty sure Neo is Mwu, he has to be. Or are all Char-type characters Newtypes? Mwu is a Newtype, and so is Neo...hmm...second episode kicked ass. B))

The impression I got from ep. 2 is that Rey doesn't seem to understand that feeling (that feeling being able to sense the presense of other newtypes).

As for newtypes in Seed, Mu and Creuset are the only newtypes, according to the producers. If the genetic trait was more wide spread, the EA would be trying to create farms for newtypes but considering it's only limited to Mu and Creuset, you could say, it "kept in the family".

I'm pretty sure Neo is Mwu, he has to be.  Or are all Char-type characters Newtypes?  Mwu is a Newtype, and so is Neo...hmm...second episode kicked ass. B))

The impression I got from ep. 2 is that Rey doesn't seem to understand that feeling (that feeling being able to sense the presense of other newtypes).

As for newtypes in Seed, Mu and Creuset are the only newtypes, according to the producers. If the genetic trait was more wide spread, the EA would be trying to create farms for newtypes but considering it's only limited to Mu and Creuset, you could say, it "kept in the family".

I remember reading that but I don't know I think they might have changed that. Since at the official site they say that the Alliance had an entire corp of Mobius Zeros that were wiped out early in the war by a Cyclops system they deployed on the Moon. Mwu was the only one who survived. And if it's the case that the Zero can only be used by a Newtype then the Fllaga bloodline isn't the only one capable of producing a Newtype.

The nickname of Earth Alliance ace pilot Mu La Flaga, which is echoed by the white feather that serves as his personal emblem. Mu earned this title by shooting down five GINN mobile suits during the final battle of the Grimaldi Front, which took place around the moon's Endymion Crater. This battle also left Mu as the last survivor of the Alliance's elite Moebius Zero mobile armor corps.

but why are the names being written over, did they forgot to upgrade their OS, or is this their loop hole in the treaty for using nuclear power Gundam.  I mean I'm pretty sure all these new gundams are nulcear power,, they are just label as something else,,  and it's full power could be enable it with a code or something.

They are not nuclear-powered MS. The OS used to control the MS was based off the original Freedom/Justice/Providence OS, hence why the boot-up sequence is the same. However, they use a new type of system which allows them to receive power via distance. This way, they don't need to return to a port to recharge the battery.

well i'm still saying they are all nuclear MS,, the new system is just a cover up. I mean who would know,, how would you know?

well i'm still saying they are all nuclear MS,, the new system is just a cover up. I mean who would know,, how would you know?

By having the Gundam making a huge BOOM when it blows up :lol:

I think Newtypes will become more common as the series progresses. Perhaps an evolutionary jump that comes about for the Naturals to keep up with the Coordinators. It wouldn't make sense for it only to occur in the Flaga bloodline afterall. Perhaps we'll have an eventual 3 way battle between Naturals, Coordinators, & Newtypes....

Besides, didn't Kira become a Newtype when Mu died?

As for the Freedom being a mutant Double X, the Double X was a mutant Double Zeta to begin with, so why not? :)

I do hope they play up the Newtype bit more and at least get into it more in the storyline. Would be nice if it did come down to Newtypes vs Coordinators with more of Earth's forces becoming Newtypes.

Also question. Is Shin a Coordinator or a Natural? I know he's from Orb but I wasn't sure on that.

I think Newtypes will become more common as the series progresses. Perhaps an evolutionary jump that comes about for the Naturals to keep up with the Coordinators. It wouldn't make sense for it only to occur in the Flaga bloodline afterall. Perhaps we'll have an eventual 3 way battle between Naturals, Coordinators, & Newtypes....

As for the Freedom being a mutant Double X, the Double X was a mutant Double Zeta to begin with, so why not? :)

Hmmm, a Newtype faction hostile to both the Alliance and ZAFT, that would be interesting. Though I like the idea of an elite Alliance Newtype force **cough Titans cough** to take on ZAFT.

It didn't seem like Kira became a Newtype, he was just in SEED mode the whole time.

As for the Double X and Double Z, I don't know about you but I don't see a resembelance...

post-26-1098000265_thumb.jpg

Edited by Druna Skass

That may be true about Newtypes. But we'll have to let it play out.

As for Kira, I don't think he did.

I mean who would know,, how would you know?

Well, if it explodes and doesn't create a blast radius the size of a small island, it probably doesn't run on a nuclear reactor. :)

Also, the official site makes note of the energy-transfer system in Impulse. :)

Edited by azrael

i haven't watched the second half of the series in a year, but I distinctly remember Kira picking up the ability to sense Cruz right after Mu died. Plus he was able to talk to Flay after she died, both distinctly Newtype traits, neither of which were shown as previously being part of his "Seed" mode. Besides, when he's in Seed, his eyes are usually fully dialated aren't they? I think he evolved past his Seed, into a Newtype.

I also see some definate similarities between the Double Zeta & Double X, not overty in design, but it's there. The shows however were deifnately much alike, and hte overal "type" of design "improvement" was similar too (i.e. too huge & bulky).

Edited by Keith