Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

This is interesting. I would have thought BC would have been behind the drop but not so. Still they don't fail to take advantage of it. Part of it is going to fall no matter what. Its the aftermath that will do the damage. Is colony big enough to kick a significant amount of material into the atmosphere? Or are we really just talking about a good deal of landmass being destroyed or the coast being hit by some serious tidal waves?

Good to see Athrun back in a mobile suit. Still I hope they give more time to Rey. He seems like an interesting character. Would have liked it if he was the main character, at least main Gundam pilot character.

Wonder if BC will try to tamper with the "terrorists" plans and get that thing to land on top of some area trying to get out from under the Alliance's heel, if not already dominated by the Alliance?

How many nukes did it take to destroy that colony? I know the animation shows several missiles but over at gundamofficial they make it seem like it was only one.

This is interesting. I would have thought BC would have been behind the drop but not so. Still they don't fail to take advantage of it. Part of it is going to fall no matter what. Its the aftermath that will do the damage. Is colony big enough to kick a significant amount of material into the atmosphere? Or are we really just talking about a good deal of landmass being destroyed or the coast being hit by some serious tidal waves?

It would depend on where it hits. If it hits water or coastal areas, then there would be sufficient water displacement (seriously big tidal waves).

Maybe I should rephrase that since I was thinking if it hit the middle of a continent and I need to rework some math. If the entire piece should hit, any city caught in the blast radius would be gone. Wiped off the map. As we move away from the impact zone, we have a big dust cloud and ash covering the area. Plants and people would die since they are breathing in contaminents and large amounts of dust. This area would be uninhabitable for quite some time. We now have the dust cloud to worry about once we get out farther (which would bring significant health problems). At this area, you have people have lung problems and other problems. Then we have greenhouse effect and all of that other stuff which would lead to a slow painful death for those caught in the area. Earth would not be destroyed but for anybody lucky enough to be caught in the blast and surrounding areas, would either be dead, dying or have permanent health problems. The end result of the affected area would probably be the size of Texas, maybe a tad bigger, maybe something the size of Algeria. :(

But that's assuming the whole thing hits.

Sorry. I couldn't resist. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Good one. We'll make the cat-girls cry if we go too deep into it.

Just saw it (download finished right before time to sleep). They way they're talking to does look like an "Armageddon" situation, though the Blue Cosmos guys admitted having no idea how much damage it would bring (and funny that thy have no faith in the EA to be able to stop it). With the rich-boys-club suit Jibril had and his pretty calm, demeanor, this guy should be quite the evil SOB (thankfully they didn't intro him with the Elton John outfit), and much better than the whiney psychopath Azrael was.

Imagine my surprize when Yzak's team landed with drill equipment on Junis 7's surface. They even made sure to mention about the time for Earth's ships to arrive being too late, and sending missles from the ground will do nothing of any real benefit.

Definately rouge Zaft guys initiating the drop, albeit crazy radical extemists. The BC will of course send them thank you cards for giving them an excuse to start a new anti-coordinator hatred spree.

Next episode should be quite the Melee with Yzak's team and Minerva' crew fighting.

I am really liking Shinn so far. Nice guy, yet an impressive pent up anger. Can't wait for him to meet Kira. :lol: Cagalli don't like it when someone blows up against her for once.:lol:

Rey and Luna are pretty cool too.

Best character of the show so far has to be Gilbert. The dude is just cool.

All this and it's only Episode 5. Very well done so far. Where are the naysayers? :lol:

Wonder if BC will try to tamper with the "terrorists" plans and get that thing to land on top of some area trying to get out from under the Alliance's heel, if not already dominated by the Alliance?

How many nukes did it take to destroy that colony? I know the animation shows several missiles but over at gundamofficial they make it seem like it was only one.

Bloody Valentine   

On February 14, C.E. 70, three days after its formal declaration of war, the Earth Alliance carried out its first attack on the PLANTs. Using nuclear missiles which had been secretly loaded aboard the mobile armor carrier Roosevelt, the Alliance forces destroyed the PLANT known as Junius Seven and massacred its 243,721 inhabitants. The Alliance subsequently claimed that Junius Seven had deliberately self-destructed, but the people of the PLANTs knew better, and the Bloody Valentine tragedy became a rallying cry for the young Coordinators who rushed to join the ZAFT forces in the wake of this horrifying act of mass murder.

Looks like it was multiple nukes, though I would imagine even one would have the potential to destroy the colony depending on where it hits. The glass part of the hour glass would probably be quite succeptible to a nuke.

I see adult relationships between the captain and dullindal.....hmmmm...who says gundam were for the kiddies? ;)

Captains need loving too.

How long has those three suits been in Alliance hands? Did they have them long enough to be analyzed? This time I'd like to see the ultimate suit have a GAT-X designation.

I know it's a long shot but I'm hopeing Okawara isn't doing the later suits.

We got roughly 45 episodes to go.....and remember, Providence wasn't introduced until episode 48 of Seed.....We got a ways to go...

How long has those three suits been in Alliance hands? Did they have them long enough to be analyzed? This time I'd like to see the ultimate suit have a GAT-X designation.

It's only been a few days so far probably. A few really busy days.

Thanks to Ep. 5, we can see that the Girtly Lue is Blue Cosmos directed. Jabril had a nice code name for them and sent them to investigate the colony drop.

Odds are that BC had the specs for the stolen Gundam trio already to begin with. You can't hop in a transforming mobile suit and know immediately how to control it fully (cue when Zaft stole EA's suits, they didn't know the capabilities and how to use them until they got back to the ship and looked them over). With the Chaos, Abyss, and Gaia, Sting and Co. hopped right in, started them up, configured what they needed, and immediately dove into combat. Stellar was bouncing off the walls in Bacow mode, and Sting was using the Gunbarrels. They had to have had some simulator training time to be able to do any of that. Zaft suits are also more complicated than Earth's suits (for the naturals an automation heavy OS was needed even for the Daggers to roll out). Enhanced or not they would have had a hard time messing with the Zaft-made suits unless they knew them in depth before hand.

Enhanced or not they would have had a hard time messing with the Zaft-made suits unless they knew them in depth before hand.

On the other hand though, though three might not be Naturals. They're certainly linked to what ever project created the three junkies, and Athrun and Kira agreed that those three weren't Naturals.

And we don't know what kind of OS was in Calamity, Raider, and Forbidden. So we can't exactly say those guys can't use a standard Coordinator OS.

Enhanced or not they would have had a hard time messing with the Zaft-made suits unless they knew them in depth before hand.

On the other hand though, though three might not be Naturals. They're certainly linked to what ever project created the three junkies, and Athrun and Kira agreed that those three weren't Naturals.

And we don't know what kind of OS was in Calamity, Raider, and Forbidden. So we can't exactly say those guys can't use a standard Coordinator OS.

My money stays with artificial newtype experiments.

I'd say not, since the three haven't exhibited any Newtype-like traits, being a Newtype doesn't not grant one the ability to use Coordinator level mobile suits (remember Mu as a Newtype had no ability to use a mobile suit until Strike was equipped with an Orb made Natural OS) and that nobody in the SEED universe actually knows of the existance of Newtypes.

I'm leaning more towards "artificial" coordinators, but it could also be that they're trying to combine Newtype and Coordinator abilites.

Well, irregardless, the 3 are, what I would call, enhanced naturals (of some sort). Their abilities are probably close to Coordinators so they could use the OS. They still have to do some minor reprogramming of the OS to get the MS to be combat-ready right there.

I'd say not, since the three haven't exhibited any Newtype-like traits, being a Newtype doesn't not grant one the ability to use Coordinator level mobile suits (remember Mu as a Newtype had no ability to use a mobile suit until Strike was equipped with an Orb made Natural OS) and that nobody in the SEED universe actually knows of the existance of Newtypes.

The theories are still floating around though (the S.E.E.D. theory which was spreading), and these kids might be attempts to bring some of those traits to the surface. The orb doctor isn't the only one studying it. The potential is known for a natural evolution step, and it could be one of the BC's cornerstones. Knowing there's a natural step for humanity fast approaching, which is being infulenced and attention being diverted away from by the artificial coordinators.

wired gunbarrel   

A unique weapon system used by the Moebius Zero, which consists of four remote-controlled gun pods connected to the mobile armor by thin wires. The gunbarrels can be coordinated to surround enemy units and attack them from multiple directions simultaneously, but this complex system can be operated only by highly skilled pilots with exceptional powers of spatial awareness.

The last piece implies there were more guys with Mwu's potential, just not many. The Seed theory (and in turn Newtypes) are being researched, and some early forays into tech and tinkering with people are sure to have already started.

They have to be enhancing the kids for a purpose. If they wanted simple enhancement they'd just use coordinators. There's more under the surface. Human CPU (psycommu link?), Kira and Athrun agreeing the 3 crazies weren't coordinators, but not human either. Hopefully some of these loose threads will be addressed properly in this series finally.

SEED Naturals against Coordinators? Now that would be something I'd like to see.

The last piece implies there were more guys with Mwu's potential, just not many. The Seed theory (and in turn Newtypes) are being researched, and some early forays into tech and tinkering with people are sure to have already started.

The had at least enough to create a Zero sqd. Why the Alliance set off a Cyclopes while they were still in range is far beyond me. Maybe they knew it wouldn't be too long till they got replacements.

SEED Naturals against Coordinators? Now that would be something I'd like to see.

The had at least enough to create a Zero sqd. Why the Alliance set off a Cyclopes while they were still in range is far beyond me. Maybe they knew it wouldn't be too long till they got replacements.

Visions of a n-jammer-canceller funnel wielding squad of newtype mobile suits vs the Minerva crew dancing in my mind. That would be uber-sweet.

You know Neo at least is going to have one later on. He can't stay in that Mobile Armor forever. More would be nice though as well.

Hi everyone,

Well like i said earlier if i had some free time i would post a review of sorts for the recently realised gundam seed game, Owaranai ashita e(never ending tomrorow) so here goes.

Story

After the really cool cg intro, your presented intially with the choice of playing through Kira or Asuran's story. Kira's story follows the seed anime peice by peice, while Asuran's shows the seed story from his perspective. but whats the intresting thing here is the mission mode, which has all the the Seed MSV stuff. along with the ability to play through missions as minor charicters like Mu and Cagali. Also you get to use various obscure seed mecha, now i dont know if the astray girls are playable, but the M1 and the various astray frames are included, i think the MSV stuff adds alot of backround to the seed world atleast the mobile suits i havent played much of it yet, due to school and such. but theres alot to do here.

The game itself does a good job of making you feel like part of the seed story, for instance in the first stage, in kira's story, Strike moves like a turtle untill kira reprograms the OS, then it becomes a much more agle killing machine. Also during the desert battle with Bartfields troops,strikes control is simlarrly impaired by the sand untill the os is reprogramed. which brings me to the gameplay

Gameplay

People say this plays like Encounters in space the previous UC gundam game. but since unfortunately i have never played EIS, so ill start from the begining as i have nothing to compair it to. Battle in this game has two "parts" to it, Long range and close range. but the basic controls for each part are the same, your long range primary weapon is fired by pressing square, you can hold down Square to lock on to multiple enemies. Pressing triangle brings up your melee weapon. when you move in close, the control changes a little as you are in a Melee sphere. which allows you to move around your enemy and combo, yes the game does count your combos now, which leads to getting more SEED points at the end of a mission, more on that later.

the melee sphere of combat is pretty damn good for the most part, however you cant clash beam sabers. also in the melee sphere, square the button for your long range attacks,allows you to fire i guess you can call it a mid range weapon, is say if your in close with strike, triangle would be your saber, but square would be your vulcans.

the X button is your boost button, self explaintory, press to move faster. the circle button has an intresting function, as it allows your MS to do a super move of sorts, useually at the cost of some of your phase shift meter. R1 and R2 move up and down.

you have your hp bar and your phase shift bar. The phase shift bar only drains when you take damage, or use a super. theres no time limit unlike in the anime whare phase shift was limited. so treat it like an aditional Hp bar. also if your unit carries a shield, like say the allie strike, it also has a limited amount of damage it can take.

The partner syestem is also intresting for the most part, but realisticly unless your goal is to unlock everything you can get away with leveling up mabie one or two charicters.the assist have various effects like Ensign Bajioru's assist is fireing the vallants at your enemies for damage, or ramius's first level assist restores some hp. as you level up your partners, you are given acesss to diffrent types of assists.which is cool.

Along with this is the aforementioned stuff is the seed points syestem, which is simply just points you earn to unlock crap in the "seed shop" which lets you buy new MS, Items to boost partner stats, and also, you can buy the seed enclopedia's which provide more backround on the seed world.

Acording to what ive read theres about 61 MS unlockable(note they count each diffrent strike pack as a diffrent MS and each diffrent Jinn as a unit) which is not too shabby. also rumor has it bandai is going to put up the force impulse from destany as a d/l for this game.

Conclusion: recomended

Now while im sure theres points i missed in here, for the Gundam seed fan, this is a pretty good game to grab with plenty of stuff, the games difficulty ranges from easy to frustrating depending on the mission, but overall is pretty fun. i havent finshed unlocking everything nor completing the missions yet, but i can wholeheartedly say i like the game.

Okawara mentioned at a recent event that he had already finished all the mobile suit designs for the first half of the series and was already working on the second half, including Shinn's mid-series upgrade, which may be called Destiny Gundam.

DESTINY is supposed to be an acronym in Seed Destiny, along with ZAKU, just like how GUNDAM and SEED are acronyms.

Though it wouldn't surprise me honestly if the mid-series upgrade was called the Destiny Gundam (however unoriginial it may sound).

I give the guy points for the Zaku designs at least, and the new GuAIZ models. Those are great at least IMO.

Still don't like Abyss though.

Did Owakara design the ships as well?

Whoever desgined the Minerva gets some kudos.

Okawara mentioned at a recent event that he had already finished all the mobile suit designs for the first half of the series and was already working on the second half, including Shinn's mid-series upgrade, which may be called Destiny Gundam.

NOOOOOO!!!! AHHHHHHHGGGGHHHHHH!!!

God I hope the last Gundam doesn't look like that Frankenstein Freedom and Gundam XX kit that guy made.

Now I'm just hoping he'll decide to rip Katoki off, I mean this guy just doesn't try anymore.

So which looks better, before Okawara got his hands on them, or after?

post-26-1100811870_thumb.jpg

I loved the Freedom personally, and I've voiced many times my love for the Providence.

The Justice sucked b@lls though.

Well maybe it wound be that bad, I am kind of found of the Daggers and Calamity.

But geeze the man could have put in a little more effort into:

Forbidden

Raider (this thing is like a butt-ugly version of Airmaster and Wing)

Justice (Come-on seriously this thing has the Aegis's head, Freedom's body, and a CGUE's legs)

Freedom (Gundam XX remake)

Providence (Ewww...)

Well maybe it wound be that bad, I am kind of found of the Daggers and Calamity.

But geeze the man could have put in a little more effort into:

Forbidden

Raider (this thing is like a butt-ugly version of Airmaster and Wing)

Justice (Come-on seriously this thing has the Aegis's head, Freedom's body, and a CGUE's legs)

Freedom (Gundam XX remake)

Providence (Ewww...)

I kinda agree there, I wasn't a fan of the crazy trio's gundams (Forbidden, Raider, or Calamity) at all. The Justice stand sout for me thoug, especially as a main character mecha. It was so....scrawny without the backpack.

I still loved the Providence though. Any mobile suit that can use that many funnels at once is a winner for me, and I liked the paint scheme.

Edited by Anubis

The Ep. 7 Preview is online here.

The colony hits in Episode 7.

Colony drop by the 7th episode! What else are they cooking up for this show.

post-26-1101062530_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

It won't be much of a colony drop. They already cut it down to about 1/4 of its original size. And that 1/4 has been split into 3 pieces. Minerva will will be shotting down the rest with her positron gun so there won't be much of a drop.

It won't be much of a colony drop. They already cut it down to about 1/4 of its original size. And that 1/4 has been split into 3 pieces. Minerva will will be shotting down the rest with her positron gun so there won't be much of a drop.

Awwwww :(

As some of you will know from my past rants :p I'm not a SEED fan or a Gundam fan in general. I tried watching SEED up to ep #28 then gave up, turned off by the chara and mecha designs.

However, at the weekend I came across the HK bootleg DVD of the first 4 episodes of Destiny, so I thought 'what the heck' let's give it a try.

I've only had time to watch the first 2 eps so far, but you know what, I've been pleasantly surprised and I'm finding myself actually enjoying it so far :D I thought ep#1 was pretty gruesome the way Kira accidently wiped out Shin's family :D .

One thing I find strange though, is why bother building the Sword Impulse Gundam, when it's swords and boomerangs are completely useless and can't even scratch the other mobile suits (not that I've seen so far). Surely when designing a new Mobile Suit, you would want it to have weapons that are actually capable of damaging other current MS?

Graham

One thing I find strange though, is why bother building the Sword Impulse Gundam, when it's swords and boomerangs are completely useless and can't even scratch the other mobile suits (not that I've seen so far). Surely when designing a new Mobile Suit, you would want it to have weapons that are actually capable of damaging other current MS?

Actually, it's just Shinn's bad luck that he's fighting at distances (which the Sword pack is not built for). Also, when he was hitting Gaia and Chaos, he was hitting them with the blunt ends (non-beam parts) of the blade/boomerang. Oops.