Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

I don't remmeber any mention of Mwu's squadron....

That's because it's only mentioned on the official site. His squad got wiped out when the Alliance deployed the first Cyclopse (Alaska was the second one) on their Endymion Base on the Moon. This was before the first five Gundams were completed. It's the same battle where he took out the 5 GINNs by himself and got the Hawk of Endymion nickname.

Edited by Druna Skass

Hiding his face from Mu would be one reason. One thing disturbs me, how much do we know about Mu's father? There must have been something more to helping Dr. Hibiki create the Ultimate Coordinator and getting a clone as payback. Also there is mention of another group controlling Blue Cosmos and EA from the Newtype previews (they are in AnimeSuki's and Anime on DVD's forums). I wonder if the 2 are linked (Mu's father and this other group).

Hiding his face from Mu would be one reason. One thing disturbs me, how much do we know about Mu's father? There must have been something more to helping Dr. Hibiki create the Ultimate Coordinator and getting a clone as payback. Also there is mention of another group controlling Blue Cosmos and EA from the Newtype previews (they are in AnimeSuki's and Anime on DVD's forums). I wonder if the 2 are linked (Mu's father and this other group).

Was Ariga the one who put down the money for Kira's (possibly Canard's as well) creation? I wonder who this other party is behind the Alliance and Blue Cosmos.

Here's the pic form the scan.

Eh, why the mask if he doesnt have some mean ass scarring or something? Very dissapointed <_<. Thanks for posting it though.

I'm suspecting the mask is to hide from Mwu.

Nah, personally, I don't see that as the reason. I mean just how many times does Le Creuset actually personally encounter Mwu? I mean actually face to face encounter, not fighting in MS or MA?

I'm no expert on SEED and I'm still only up to about episode 38 or 39, but I only recall one time in the series so far where Mwu and Rau Le Creuset were actually close enough to see each other (a gunfight in some old colony or something).

As Rau Le Creuset hides on his ship for most of the first three quarters of the series, why bother wearing a mask at all times just to hide is face from Mwu as he wouldn't have any chance to encouter Mwu anyway unless he left the ship or submarine or whatever it was he was skulking about on?

And just who comes up with names like Mwu La Flaga anyway? Sunrise/Bandai, at least give your characters plausible realistic sounding names :angry: (apologies in advance if Mwu La Flaga is actually a common name in your country :p ). Names like Kira Yamato I can live with, it's real sounding. Heck even 'Lunamaria Hawke' sounds cool, but if somebody walked up to me and introduced themselves as 'Mwu La Flaga' I think I would be very hard pressed not to burst out laughing.

Graham

Here's the GQ model Sword Impulse. Pretty impressive I think. I'll give this some consideration.

Wow, the MMMGQ Sword Impulse is looking really nice.

Yay it comes with the beam rifle unlike the MSiA version (shame on you Bandai).

I like how the screws on the legs and arms are now covered up, unlike on earlier prototype photos where they were still visible.

Graham

Nah, personally, I don't see that as the reason. I mean just how many times does Le Creuset actually personally encounter Mwu? I mean actually face to face encounter, not fighting in MS or MA?

Well Raww is a famous ace so unless his group is some covert unit then he's probably been paraded every once in a while as a hero in PLANT. Mwu wouldn't have to see him face to face, but just see his face on a monitor or something. And it's probably not just Mwu he's hiding from but maybe some people behind his creation that could still be alive. Imagine what would happen to him if Patrick found out he wasn't a Coordinator? It would be like being a top SS guy only to have Hitler find out you're half Jewish.

you know...i've dl'd all the episodes so far and i haven't watched past the first episode? <_<

Dude, that sounds like something you'd do. When I get back we going on a mass burning session.

not on my computer :p<_< ...you might wanna get a bigger pen hdd and i could send 'em to you that way :rolleyes:

you know...i've dl'd all the episodes so far and i haven't watched past the first episode? <_<

Dude, that sounds like something you'd do. When I get back we going on a mass burning session.

not on my computer :p<_< ...you might wanna get a bigger pen hdd and i could send 'em to you that way :rolleyes:

DVD+R's are our friends. DVD+R DL's even more so.

my computer is too OLD to handle a DVD burner...or else i would've got one already :lol: saddly enough, my computer barely meets up to the processor speed needed for a regular CD-R/RW burner <_<

besides...i don't really wanna burn all the SEED Destiny episodes :rolleyes:

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

my computer is too OLD to handle a DVD burner...or else i would've got one already :lol: saddly enough, my computer barely meets up to the processor speed needed for a regular CD-R/RW burner <_<

Yeah his comp's a POS...

Then how are you going to watch the Seed Episodes if your PC is that old? You need at least a 500 or 700MHz system to view these kinds of files right? I remember my old PII 233 laptop (now deceased) choking on any divx files I threw at it then, and that was in 2002.

you could still watch it on a p2 333mhz with 128mb of ram. As for burner you can still install it for your system,, you'll just be burning at a slower speed that's all.

Even at 24x cdr it shouldn't take that long to finish a CD.

besides.. the faster you burn it out the more space you will have for more anime.

Then how are you going to watch the Seed Episodes if your PC is that old? You need at least a 500 or 700MHz system to view these kinds of files right? I remember my old PII 233 laptop (now deceased) choking on any divx files I threw at it then, and that was in 2002.

i have a PIII 700Mhz PC...had 98SE on it...but upgraded hdd and ram and installed xp pro :rolleyes: ....some episodes jump from time to time but nothing that bad....since it's an older pc it doesn't need a large amount of ram as the P4 processors do to run xp (i have 256mb)...episodes jump every once in a great while....but it's only in the beginning so it's not a big of a deal...i still need to clear my cc debt so i could use that to start building my own computer :p:lol::lol: i hate cc's...they make you buy stuff you don't need :ph34r:

Getting back on topic, as this is supposed to be the SEED Destiny thread, not a PC spec comparison thread :p .

I've just noticed that in the latest MAHQ update, they list the Impulse Gundam as having 'Variable Phase Shift' (VPS) armor. I wonder how this differs from regular Phase Shift armor?

Graham

Well Raww is a famous ace so unless his group is some covert unit then he's probably been paraded every once in a while as a hero in PLANT. Mwu wouldn't have to see him face to face, but just see his face on a monitor or something.

OK good point. Yeah, that makes sense.

Graham

But I wonder whether it offers improved protection over regular Phase Shift?

Probably just updated with the times. I'm guessing PS-armor has improved a bit in the 2 years since the last series. But then again, beam-weapon technology in addition to the mass-production armor has probably also improved so it's probably no better than the original PS-armor when it was introduced back in SEED.

yeah, she still look very young or something,, but Athrun should know it's not a real Lacus..

But what really got me was, in the preview of the next ep,, where it shows this Lacus in the spot light singing and dance,, I know that this is what she do, but I can't help but think of Minmay,,

Can you imaging this Lacus singing do you remember love in the up coming battles?

Fake Lacus is in Episode 9. And her cheerfulness is kinda freakin me out.....

totally agreed on the fake lacus thing. scary. However she does dress better than the real lacus=D. the "WTFOMGBBQ" look on Athrun's face when she appeared was great.

Wonder whare Cagali shipped off to, as the EA decided to roast plant? im getting the feeling she's gonna end up on Minerva(or Archangel down the line). Bartfield and Ramius seem to be taking a keen eye to the situation as well.

Also Zafts new BFG is quit intresting the effects look simlar to the EA's cyclops syestem.

Also anyone notice that new Zaft ship? thing must be huge as it dwarfed the Nazca class ships, im thinking it may be atleast 2x the size of minerva mabie bigger. but you dont really get a good view of it.

Looking forward to ep10, Saviors finally gonna show up. =D now the next question is gonna be, will it have the N jammer canceler like justice did? or are they going to save that for the traditional Mid series upgrade suits? Athrun is a pretty high tier Charicter thus far, So he's likely in line for a mid series upgrade, Unless Savior is going to be Athrun's "hyaku-shiki"(much like in zeta whare char got the shiki relitively early on). Shin for being the main charicter is kinda just hanging out in the backround, id like to see more out of him, but so far Seed destiny is really Athruns show.

Good point. Could be.

But I wonder whether it offers improved protection over regular Phase Shift?

Graham

I don't think so, but we don't know enough about VPS yet. If you look at the other stolen ZAFT Gundams, along with Freedom, Justice and Providence, we can see that ZAFT never acquired the Alliance's Trans Phase Armor, which activates Phase Shift only on impact to preserve energy. I'm assuming that at some point we'll see some new Alliance Gundams, so they'd probably have some other improved PS armor.

No, Savior doesn't use an N Jammer canceller.

From the early info

ZGMF-X23S Saviour Gundam - ZAFT's latest MS equipped with the "Deuterion Beam Energy Supply System". In MA mode, it specializes in high mobility combat. It was developed later than the other 4 Gundam. The "2" in X23 means aviation-related while "3" refers to the research number.

Got the same power plant as the other 4 Gundams. It was designed when Plant was still following the treaty. Now that was will break out, both sides will surely produce new nuclear powered suits, and Plant will also have no qualms about pulling the Freedom out.

Plant will also have no qualms about pulling the Freedom out.

Well that's provided they even have Freedom. If anything I'm expecting Freedom to be stashed away at Orb somewhere.

Either way. Just hypotheticizing. I've said before it's either waiting at plant, or maybe in storage with the archangel. Either way no one will have beans to say about using mirage colloids and n-jammer cancellers when the war kicks back in gear. :D

Plant will also have no qualms about pulling the Freedom out.

Well that's provided they even have Freedom. If anything I'm expecting Freedom to be stashed away at Orb somewhere.

Either way. Just hypotheticizing. I've said before it's either waiting at plant, or maybe in storage with the archangel. Either way no one will have beans to say about using mirage colloids and n-jammer cancellers when the war kicks back in gear. :D

I just wanna see Kira slap Shinn around.

Unless Savior is going to be Athrun's "hyaku-shiki"(much like in zeta whare char got the shiki relitively early on)

That's pretty much what Saviour is. He's not going to get Justice or Aegis back....

The HK bootleg DVD of Destiny eps # 5-8 came out last week. Watched half of it so far (up to ep # 6). Gotta say both the vol.1 and vol.2 HK DVDs have had excellent English subs so far. Not perfect, but pretty damn close. And all the names are pretty accurate and consistent from episode to episode, which is a good thing.

One of the things that really pissed me off about my HK SEED box set (and a lot of other HK anime DVDs as well) is that the characters names keep changing from episode to episode.

And just to echo what a lot of others here have said, it was very cool seeing the ZAKUs kick ass :D . Just a pity poor Lunamaria Hawke doesn't seem to be doing very well in combat so far, which is a pity as she is my favorite (and cutest IMO) female character in Destiny.

I'm definitely enjoying Destiny much more than SEED so far.

As Destiny seems to be taking a lot of cues from Zeta, much like SEED followed MSG to some extent, I'm betting Shin's mid series upgrade MS will be variable, just like in Zeta, Camile started with the non-variable RX-178 MKII and upgraded to the variable Zeta.

Graham

As Destiny seems to be taking a lot of cues from Zeta, much like SEED followed MSG to some extent, I'm betting Shin's mid series upgrade MS will be variable, just like in Zeta, Camile started with the non-variable RX-178 MKII and upgraded to the variable Zeta.

That wouldn't suprise me. Poor Shin is the only guy whos Gundam DOESN'T transform.. :lol:

That wouldn't suprise me. Poor Shin is the only guy whos Gundam DOESN'T transform.. :lol:

Well...it combines...so...its kinda transforming...hehhe