Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Now Chaos in MS mode. Sorry, no MA mode as it's just too much of a pain to set up. Even setting up this photo for MS mode was difficult, as the arms, beam saber hilts and head cowling kept falling off if I breathed the wrong way <_< .

Graham

The one under the Murasame looks like an M1 with a new backpack as well.

So Orb's new mass-prouction model transforms, huh? Sweet.

Now that I' dlike to see, its just drawing in more suspisions of a Zeta counterpart tv show....mhmmmmmm

I was taking a look at the 1/60 force impulse coming out next month, that's gonna be a must get on my list after I get my new computer in 2 weeks. Personally from the only..................2.......episodes I was able to see, Impulse isn't that bad visually.....but what do I know, I've only seen 2 episodes grrrrrrrr <_<

Now that I' dlike to see, its just drawing in more suspisions of a Zeta counterpart tv show....mhmmmmmm

I was taking a look at the 1/60 force impulse coming out next month, that's gonna be a must get on my list after I get my new computer in 2 weeks. Personally from the only..................2.......episodes I was able to see, Impulse isn't that bad visually.....but what do I know, I've only seen 2 episodes grrrrrrrr <_<

noo, ,the 1/60 will just be a big scale version of the regular 1/100,, wait for a master grade version instead or just get the high grade version intead to save you some shelf space.

I was taking a look at the 1/60 force impulse coming out next month, that's gonna be a must get on my list after I get my new computer in 2 weeks.

Wadda ya mean coming out next month :D ? The 1/60 Force Impulse is already out in Hong Kong since at least Monday December 20th. Cheapest I've seen it is HKD278 (US$35.65). Looks like a nice kit, but I'm waiting for the MMM GQ toy instead.

Graham

noo, ,the 1/60 will just be a big scale version of the regular 1/100,, wait for a master grade version instead or just get the high grade version intead to save you some shelf space.

Actually, the 1/60 Force Impulse kit is quite a bit better than the 1/100 version. Off the top of my head, improvements I can think of are:-

• The 1/60 Core Splendor cockpit opens and includes a pilot figure.
  • More inner mechanical detail under the removeable armor pieces on the 1/60.
  • The 1/60 Force pack's wings are molded in two colors red and black. On the 1/100, they are only black plastic (w/probably a red sticker...yuck).
  • On the 1/60 the 'V' on the chest is actually a separate peice of yellow plastic. On the 1/100 it's just molded detail on the blue plastic part.

Basically, the 1/60 has a bit more detail than the 1/100 and will look more accurate without painting than the 1/100.

Graham

The one under the Murasame looks like an M1 with a new backpack as well.

So Orb's new mass-prouction model transforms, huh? Sweet.

Actually, it looks more like an add-on pack....Something to allow it to hover.

You know, if you make those wings on the Murasame swept back instead of forward swept...you'd have Zeta.

lol the 1/60 strike last year is basically a HG like the 1/100....I'd just wanna get it for the hell of it pretty much. Just a pleasent lil add on in my opinion.

I actually prefer last years 1/60 HG Strike kit or the 1/100 MG Strike over the new 1/60 PG version. While the PG may be more articulated, it's too fussy in my opinion. Bandai added too much detail that is not on the lineart and changed some parts so they are not accurate to the lineart. A prime example of this is the PG's front skirt armor, which looks nothing like it should.

Personally, I think the 1/60 HG Strike set that comes with the Aile, Launcher and Sword packs can't be beat for value. It looks great assembled and here in HK sells for a third of the price of the PG kit.

Graham

Picked up a second Chaos MSiA last night as I found one selling for just HK$69 (USD8.80). This is cheaper than the HK$99 (US$12.70) I paid for my first one.

Happy to report that my first one was a dud and the second one is much better than the first. The joints are much tighter and the arms, head cowling and beam saber hilts all stay attached much more firmly. however, the toy still cannot balance in MA mode though :( .

Graham

The obvious difference between the 1/100 and 1/60 is the shield. I haven't started putting it together yet but the shield actually slides down and lock it place to form the force shield. I was totally disappointed with the 1/144 scale kit with no shield articulation. The 1/100 scale sorta made up for it but the 1/60 have incredible detail & *clear light blue armor* on the skirt & shoulders - a great buy for 278 HKD :D

Personally, I think the 1/60 HG Strike set that comes with the Aile, Launcher and Sword packs can't be beat for value. It looks great assembled and here in HK sells for a third of the price of the PG kit.

As an owner of this kit, what Graham says is true. The kit has excellent detail and articulation, right down to the individually jointed fingers. Even unpainted, this kit looks good.

lol the 1/60 strike last year is basically a HG like the 1/100....I'd just wanna get it for the hell of it pretty much.  Just a pleasent lil add on in my opinion.

I actually prefer last years 1/60 HG Strike kit or the 1/100 MG Strike over the new 1/60 PG version. While the PG may be more articulated, it's too fussy in my opinion. Bandai added too much detail that is not on the lineart and changed some parts so they are not accurate to the lineart. A prime example of this is the PG's front skirt armor, which looks nothing like it should.

Graham

well, i agree with you on the 1/100 Master grade Strike, they really did a nice job on that one.,. it's very very posiable and comes with a launch pad display stand.

But the 1/60 HG strike was a different story it just doesn't look right to me,, it may have better hands, coloring,cockit, and all the packs for the strike, but they seem to mess it up a bit on the arms, feet, leg and skirt/butt areas.... the size don't look right at all.

http://www.mahq.net/models/gundam/seed/1-60-gat-x105.htm

Graham,, thanks for the review on the MSia, love the Mobile-Doggy :D , oh, can the Chaos transform?.

The Striker 1/60 is an incredible value & it does look alot more honest than the heavy paneled PG....it took me forever to put that thing together....plus the striker garb fit well with the PG although it does look a bit funny with the aile pack on the too detailed PG :lol:

Edited by Freedomatrix

Happy to report that my first one was a dud and the second one is much better than the first. The joints are much tighter and the arms, head cowling and beam saber hilts all stay attached much more firmly. however, the toy still cannot balance in MA mode though

Aaah, GREAT news! Thanks for clarifying that! I just hope mine don't have any QC troubles.

Graham,, thanks for the review on the MSia,  love the Mobile-Doggy :D , oh, can  the Chaos transform?.

Yes, the Chaos MSiA can transform, but it's impossile to get it to stand up in Mobile Armor (Gerwalk) mode as it's just too top heavy. At least I have yet to find a way to get it to balance by itself without resorting to using some sort of stand.

Graham

Wow, Bandai are really pushing Impulse Gundam toys. As well as the already released MSiAs, soon to be released MMM GQ toys, upcoming HCM Pro and various gashapon toys, it looks like there will soon by a GFF (or GFF type toy) of the Force Impulse Gundam.

Both of the newly released February 2005 issues of Hobby Japan & Dengeki Hobby magazines have a small article (shown below) that if my guess is correct seems to show that a 13cm tall, CAD designed GFF type toy of the Force Impulse will be released in March 2005 for a price of ¥4,179.

While I can't read the article (somebody else can hopefully provide an accurate translation), I notice that 'G.F.F.' is mentioned in both articles. The number '0001' is shown, perhaps implying that this is the first of a line of Destiny GFFs, parallel to the UC GFFs?

Graham

Oh and here's some pics from the Feb 2005 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine of the upcoming HCM Pro Force Impulse Gundam and HCM Pro Zaku Warrior, which are both due for release in March 2005. I'm definitely picking these up as the HCM Pro toys are great quality.

Graham

Wow, Bandai are really pushing Impulse Gundam toys. As well as the already released MSiAs, soon to be released MMM GQ toys, upcoming HCM Pro and various gashapon toys, it looks like there will soon by a GFF (or GFF type toy) of the Force Impulse Gundam.

Both of the newly released February 2005 issues of Hobby Japan & Dengeki Hobby magazines have a small article (shown below) that if my guess is correct seems to show that a 13cm tall, CAD designed GFF type toy of the Force Impulse will be released in March 2005 for a price of ¥4,179.

While I can't read the article (somebody else can hopefully provide an accurate translation), I notice that 'G.F.F.' is mentioned in both articles. The number '0001' is shown, perhaps implying that this is the first of a line of Destiny GFFs, parallel to the UC GFFs?

Graham

COSMIC REGION is the product name ... was reported back in Nov. at Gunota.

And, yes it's a GFF/ZEONOGRAPHY spin-off, I guess it will be a Cosmic Era specific line - SEED , SEED DESTINY, SEED ASTRAY ....

Hopefully someone can get a nice transalation!

Thanks for the scans.

edit:linked Gunota article.

Edited by GRAND CANNON

I got the original 1/60 strike that had no armor options, it wasn't available at the time I got it.

However, I do agree with Graham here that the 1/60 does have its differences to the 1/100 Impulse, but I generally like getting these size of kits since they will carry more detail and they're almost like nice lil collectables in my opinion. Plus it'll have its flight pack which is a must.

But like I said, not gonna get it till Janurary after I get my new computer....can't be blowin money.

Oh I am definately buying the HCM Pro figures. I might get the Force Impulse, but what I really want the Sword Impulse. I'll get all the Zaku's they crank out though.

HCM Pro is 1/200 scale figures. Tiny, but extremely well detailed, with good quality plastic and posability. Very nice. I've bought the Gundam Mk. II Titans, Zaku IIF, and Rick-Dom so far.

Here's a pic of the Mk. II and Zaku mixed in with some MG and HGUC models.

hcm.jpg

post-26-1102740725_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis