Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Been meaning to ask, how are the official Bandai R1 US SEED DVDs?

Are they censored at all? I heard rumors about pistols being changed to a neon color, or some such nonsense when it aired on US TV.

Also are the DVDs dub only or are they subbed? If they are subbed, is it proper subs or dubtitles?

Graham

Been meaning to ask, how are the official Bandai R1 US SEED DVDs?

Are they censored at all? I heard rumors about pistols being changed to a neon color, or some such nonsense when it aired on US TV.

Also are the DVDs dub only or are they subbed? If they are subbed, is it proper subs or dubtitles?

Alright I guess.

Of course the Cartoon Network showings were edited. But the DVDs are the original broadcast from Japan. It's kinda expected that they would be edited for TV.

The DVDs are dubbed and subbed and and I don't think they are dubtitled (most of the dialog correspond to what I remember the fansubs were). If they were dubtitled, we would have heard about it like Zeta.

The pistols were only only made to have have neon-colored accents on certain parts of them. How it makes them more "kid friendly" to me, I don't have a clue! :lol: There was also a scene where the edit out the knife that Miriaria attacks Dearka with. The strangest thing about these edits was that they seemed to have started after a dozen or so episodes aired.

The R1 Seed DVD's are cool so far, much better translation quality than Zeta though there is still an occasional oddity. Good episode count (5 per disc), weak extra's (so far majorly consisting of the TM revolution "Invoke" music video...on 4 straight volumes so far, haven't gotten 5, 6, or 7 yet). Although if you wait a few months, I'm sure FX will do their usual R1 rip after vol 10 is out (may be easier for you to get ahold of).

Hey Graham, did you see the MSIA Freedom at that Gundam convention?  Totally forgot to ask.

Nope, they didn't have any of the upcoming 2005 MSiA on display at the HK Gundam Expo :( .

However, there's some new pics of the Freedom MSiA in the new February issue of Hobby Japan. I'll try to get them scanned.

I'm expecting the Freedom MSiA along with the Blue & White Zakus to hit shops here in HK in late January.

Graham

Here`s the link to the new MSIA :

http://www.tamashii.jp/mia/main.html

Hey Graham, did you see the MSIA Freedom at that Gundam convention?  Totally forgot to ask.

Nope, they didn't have any of the upcoming 2005 MSiA on display at the HK Gundam Expo :( .

However, there's some new pics of the Freedom MSiA in the new February issue of Hobby Japan. I'll try to get them scanned.

I'm expecting the Freedom MSiA along with the Blue & White Zakus to hit shops here in HK in late January.

Graham

They simply look awesome!!! :oB))

Graham

Awesome, can't wait for these to come out. The advanced MSIA Freedom was just crap for what I paid for it.

Awesome, can't wait for these to come out. The advanced MSIA Freedom was just crap for what I paid for it.

:( The ADMSiA Freedom Gundam made baby jebus cry. The new MSiA Freedom Gundam is dead sexah'.

Have Freedom, the Zaku Phantom twins, and the MMMGQ Sword Impulse on pre-order... can't wait for 'em. :D I'm /so/ going to be a Zaku whore. Plan on getting both Phantoms, the red Gunner, and quite likely the green Gunner just so I can have a grunt. :wub:

Also, as a note to those following Gundam SEED's DVD releases, volumes 6 and 7 are out today.

Have Freedom, the Zaku Phantom twins, and the MMMGQ Sword Impulse on pre-order... can't wait for 'em. :D I'm /so/ going to be a Zaku whore. Plan on getting both Phantoms, the red Gunner, and quite likely the green Gunner just so I can have a grunt. :wub:

I'm sure you will be extremely impressed with the MMMGQ Sword Impulse. My MMMGQ Force Impulse blows the MSiA Force Impulse out of the water and is far superior IMO even to the MMM Strike toy.

The range of articulation on the MMMGQ Impulse is outstanding and the toy can pull off some awesome action poses. Also the MMMGQ is great quality all the way, excellent construction, well finished, super poseable, nice tight joints and holds its weapons and accesories really well.

I haven't been this impressed with a toy in many years. Highly recommended.

Graham

I'm pretty sure that those pics on the Tamashii website are of the painted resin sculpt, which is why they look so good. The pics in the latest Hobby Japan show the finished PVC toy and it doesn't look quite so impressive. I'm still gonna get one though as I want a Freedom toy. As nice as the MG Freedom model looks, I can't bring myself to start buying model kits again.

Hope we get an MMMGQ Freedom later.

Graham

I'm sure you will be extremely impressed with the MMMGQ Sword Impulse. My MMMGQ Force Impulse blows the MSiA Force Impulse out of the water and is far superior IMO even to the MMM Strike toy.

The range of articulation on the MMMGQ Impulse is outstanding and the toy can pull off some awesome action poses. Also the MMMGQ is great quality all the way, excellent construction, well finished, super poseable, nice tight joints and holds its weapons and accesories really well.

Graham

Hell, the fact it comes with a beam rifle puts it heads and shoulders over the MSiA. :p

Judging by the pictures and info I've seen on Force Impulse, I predict being VERY pleased with Sword Impulse... and it'll give my two MMM Strikes a companion.

My main hope for the MMMGQ Sword Impulse is for it to pull off that pose in episode two where it holds the combined beam staff/sabers in one hand while taking potshots with the beam rifle in the other.. I could get the MSiA to hold it for a while, but that left my Force Impulse without its beloved beam rifle and trigger hand, and it was... difficult to get it to hold the combined beam staff/sabers at the right angle. That, and the larger scale should make posing it like when Shinn went nuts in ep 12 a bit more ominous. :D

Heh, just finished watching eps 11 & 12. Looks like Kira is not getting any from Lacus as she's always shown sleeping with an orphan. No wonder Kira looks so moody. Bet Kira wishes he had Frey back. She may have been a bit psycho, but at least she was willing to do the deed :p .

Graham

Looks like Kira is not getting any from Lacus as she's always shown sleeping with an orphan. No wonder Kira looks so moody.

LOL !!!

I was thinking the exact same thing !!! guess he's gonna have to play with his "monster" by himself... (inside joke from a famous thread...)

My main hope for the MMMGQ Sword Impulse is for it to pull off that pose in episode two where it holds the combined beam staff/sabers in one hand while taking potshots with the beam rifle in the other..

That pose from ep # 2 should be no problem for the MMMGQ Sword Impulse. As mentioned, the MMMGQ has awesome articulation and the joints are tight enough that it can hold any pose without the limbs sagging.

Just thinking it would be great if Bandai also released an MMMGQ Zaku warrior line of toys. With all the different color variants (green, white, blue, red & orange) shown so far in the anime, they certainly would get enough use out of the molds. I'd definitely buy at least one of each.

Graham

Just thinking it would be great if Bandai also released an MMMGQ Zaku warrior line of toys. With all the different color variants (green, white, blue, red & orange) shown so far in the anime, they certainly would get enough use out of the molds. I'd definitely buy at least one of each.

Mmmm,

A metal material Zaku. That's kick serious butt. I just wish they'd make the metal content as high as with my metal material Strike though.

I haven't received my GQ impulse yet but I kinda feel bad about reading in your review that it is lighter than the strike. I really like the feel and weight of my strike mmm, I have not seem a toy yet the commands as much respect for that scale.

Heh, just finished watching eps 11 & 12. Looks like Kira is not getting any from Lacus as she's always shown sleeping with an orphan. No wonder Kira looks so moody. Bet Kira wishes he had Frey back. She may have been a bit psycho, but at least she was willing to do the deed  :p .

Graham

:lol::lol::D , ah but maybe it was the other way around. After the war of all wars, you finally get to settle down with one of the most beautiful girl in world, and you already have previous experience in "you know".. so i'm sure they did lots if "this and that" maybe a bit too much, that's why Kira always looks tired like a old man. :lol::D:lol: Lacus might want it every night so much that it even tired a super coorinator out.... :lol::D

Edited by F360°

Heh, just finished watching eps 11 & 12. Looks like Kira is not getting any from Lacus as she's always shown sleeping with an orphan. No wonder Kira looks so moody. Bet Kira wishes he had Frey back. She may have been a bit psycho, but at least she was willing to do the deed  :p .

Graham

:lol::lol::D , ah but maybe it was the other way around. After the war of all wars, you finally get to settle down with one of the most beautiful girl in world, and you already have previous experience in "you know".. so i'm sure they did lots if "this and that" maybe a bit too much, that's why Kira always looks tired like a old man. :lol::D:lol: Lacus might want it every night so much that it even tired a super coorinator out.... :lol::D

Anyways,

I think Lacus is just a front, I'm pretty certain Kira is gay...

(runs to dodge rotten tomatos and vile insults from Kira fans B)) )

Edited by Montarvillois

Graham

There's no such thing as 'too much' :p

Graham

Graham

There's no such thing as 'too much' :p

Graham

yeah.. there's no such thing as "too much" in my book either. :lol:

I haven't received my GQ impulse yet but I kinda feel bad about reading in your review that it is lighter than the strike. I really like the feel and weight of my strike mmm, I have not seem a toy yet the commands as much respect for that scale.

The MMM Strike is a nice toy no doubt. I also own both the MMM Aile Strike and the MMM Sword/Laucher Strike, although I passed up the 2003 HK Gundam convention excusive clear armor MMM Sword/Launcher version.

Still, once you add all the armor to the internal skeleton, articulation does become fairly limited on the MMM Strike. Also, I'm not too happy with the ease that the front and rear groin armor comes off. Personally, I think the superior articulation of the MMMGQ impulse more than makes up for the lower die-cast content.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I feel Bandai have really done a first class job on the MMMGQ and it's definitely the best toy I bought last year.

Graham

Just wondering, after Shin gets his mid-season replacement MS, who will take over piloting the Impulse, assuming it is not destroyed outright?

I'm betting either Rey or Yzak.

Yzak has his ZAKU. And since he's not the focus, I doubt he'll get any update to his ZAKU anyways. Rey? Maybe. But he seems to be doing quite well in his ZAKU.

Still, once you add all the armor to the internal skeleton, articulation does become fairly limited on the MMM Strike. Also, I'm not too happy with the ease that the front and rear groin armor comes off. Personally, I think the superior articulation of the MMMGQ impulse more than makes up for the lower die-cast content.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I feel Bandai have really done a first class job on the MMMGQ and it's definitely the best toy I bought last year.

Graham

I own both versions too and they are indeed a bit limited in the articulations. It's just the weight I admire, it's rare to find a toy these days that is so heavy.

Anywho, you got me all psyched up about the impulse. I am certain I'll end up with all 3 versions anyways cause they look very well done.

Out of the episodes so far, Mia has knocked Lacus out of the ballpark in terms of hotness. For now. Looking very forward to when they both fill the screen.

Lacus may not be as agressive as Fllay was. Explains why Kira is always sitting on the porch in a rocking chair, bored and sad.

Though F360 might also have a valid point, maybe she is more agressive than she seems, so Kira has no problem letting her sleep with the kids, that way he can get some sleep, and he hangs out on the porch out of tiredness.

If I have some spare funds I might pick up the GQ Sword Impulse. I will definately be a Zaku whore with this series though. HCM Pro's all the way with a bigger Slash Zaku Phantom model. GQ Zaku's would be cool too.

As for who gets the Impulse, I think it will be Lunamaria that will inherit the Impulse when Shinn upgrades. As a newtype, Rey is destined to get a Funnel-equipped Mobile Suit at some point. Hopefully.

Edited by Anubis

Lunamaria getting the Impulse would be cool. She is my favorite female character in Destiny. However, you just know that as a 2nd tier chracter she will die a tragic death before the end of the series :( .

Graham

If so, she can go with the Impulse as Mwu did with the Strike. Rey might go too.

It's actually a tough call. There have to be some fatalities at some point, the question is who is it going to be? For some reason I don't see Kira making it this time for some reason either. In part because he is a 2nd tier right now, while Athrun is as much a main character as Shinn. I also think Stellar will end tragically. I have no idea how on Earth they're going to work in the love angle for her and Shinn.

Out of the episodes so far, Mia has knocked Lacus out of the ballpark in terms of hotness. For now. Looking very forward to when they both fill the screen.

Yes, Mia does seem more erm......'bouncy' than Lacus, if you know what I mean.

Graham

And what's with this leather bondage suit that Kira has taken to wearing?

I keep waiting for Lacas to say "Bring out the Gimp" :lol: .

Graham

Lacus has Kira whipped. I mean, she turned him hippy in the first series.. now he's her man-bitch. I bet you he puts on a leather mask instead of a flight helmet when he gets back into Freedom... :lol:

Gawd, now I'm remembering Family Guy.

"Now remember, tonight's safety word is 'banana'."

"I love you honey!"

"*Zips up Peter's mask and shoves him onto the bed!*"

:ph34r:

Oh yeah... Given this is the 'Zeta' equivilent, any bets on one of the characters being reduced to a gibbering vegetable like Kamille by the end of the series?

Lunamaria getting the Impulse would be cool. She is my favorite female character in Destiny. However, you just know that as a 2nd tier chracter she will die a tragic death before the end of the series  :( .

Graham

If so, she can go with the Impulse as Mwu did with the Strike. Rey might go too.

It's actually a tough call. There have to be some fatalities at some point, the question is who is it going to be? For some reason I don't see Kira making it this time for some reason either. In part because he is a 2nd tier right now, while Athrun is as much a main character as Shinn. I also think Stellar will end tragically. I have no idea how on Earth they're going to work in the love angle for her and Shinn.

Kira not making it? That would be pretty weak considering he is Mr. Ultimate Coordinator. But this is anime, not american cinema, so I guess anyone is expendable.

I also think Stellar will end tragically. I have no idea how on Earth they're going to work in the love angle for her and Shinn.

Easy, they'll pull one out of Zeta and have her brain washing or whatever mind control is being used on her wear off ala Rosamia and then have her follow around Shinn, calling him "Oniisama" the whole time. Then the other two EA psycho soldiers will come and get her back and she'll end up dying when Shinn or Lunamaria have no choice but to shoot her down when her brainwashing comes back into play. Easy, just like Zeta, this is anime after all.

I think I'm going to take a break from SEED Destiny. Just watched the latest episodes finally. I can see that this is Zeta like but the difference I feel is that the characters were more likeable in Zeta or at least more interesting. I don't find Zaft or Coordinators all that interesting. Now the Archangle crew in SEED were interesting I feel. It was interesting seeing Kira among a group of naturals and fighting against his own kind. That made for interesting drama yet I feel nothing for Shinn or Athrun(never cared for him anyway). At least Camille was interesting in Zeta.

Don't think the three EA Gundam pilots are psychos. The first three in SEED were I feel. These new ones just seem like highly trained. Stellar seems to be the only crazy-like one(could be cause they had more expereince with males and she might be the first female enhanced human created).

Someone please be sure to note when an episode focuses on naturals(EA, BC, or just another group of EA pilots and ships without being fodder for Zaft pilots(Shin, Rey, etc) or at least others other then Shinn and crew. Thanks

Edited by Effect

Graham

WOW !

I just got mine and all I can say is it is indeed a fantastic rendition of the impulse. Like you said, it is lighter than the Stike MMM but it is extremely well articulated. Only two small things that I dislike a bit but not enough to be disatisfied at all is the screw caps that are loose in some spots and the fact that they did not put a little pilot in the core splendor's clear cockpit.

I just can't wait for the sword version, I'll certainly grab one too but my real wish would be that white zaku... please god, inspire bandai to make one....

WOW !

I just got mine and all I can say is it is indeed a fantastic rendition of the impulse. Like you said, it is lighter than the Stike MMM but it is extremely well articulated. Only two small things that I dislike a bit but not enough to be disatisfied at all is the screw caps that are loose in some spots and the fact that they did not put a little pilot in the core splendor's clear cockpit.

I just can't wait for the sword version, I'll certainly grab one too but my real wish would be that white zaku... please god, inspire bandai to make one....

One of the screw covers on the forearm kept falling on mine as well, so I used a dab of model glue to stop it falling off. No more problems.

Oh, and the release date for the MMMGQ Sword Impulse is 29th January. Not long to wait :D .

Graham