Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Here's a page with pics of the GQ Blast Impulse. Sweet.

link

post-26-1105112382_thumb.jpg

Some highlights from some more episode previews from the mags (eps 13-16):

(highlight to read)

Ep. 13:

-Yuna has convinced Cagalli that their marriage is the only thing that can calm the people (or ORB)

-Kira, once again, realizes that he needs to protect his friends and is told the location of Freedom.

-Fight between Kira and Shinn is most likely rumor and may not happen. Rumors have also have it that Kira will let Shinn win.

Ep. 14

-Cagalli sends word to Kira that she will marry Yuna and sends something else along with the letter

-Lacus and co. have no place to call home now. Very high chance that ZAFT was behind the plot to assassinate Lacus. She can't go to PLANT and they can't go back to ORB.

-Archangel launches (with everybody in ORB uniforms)

-This is possibly where Kira will "kidnap" Cagalli.

Ep. 15

-Athrun returns with Saviour to Carpentaria.

-Minerva joins FAITH.

-Order is given to attack EA fleet guarding Gibraltar.

Ep. 16:

-Attack commences.

-Minerva and fleet meets a heavy blockade and most of the fleet is destroyed.

-Chaos and Abyss are among the EA fleet.

-Cliffhanger-episode possible.

Try not to read in to too much as the magazine previews keep varying their wording. Although the overall summaries sound pretty much the same across the board. Remember that there will be a recap/highlight special between episode 15 and 16.

Oh, and the release date for the MMMGQ Sword Impulse is 29th January. Not long to wait  :D .

Graham

Horray! Any signs of when the three new MSiA releases for the month will be coming out?

The Freedom, Slash Zaku Phantom & Blaze Zaku Phantom MSiAs should all be out on the 22nd of this month.

Graham

Here's a page with pics of the GQ Blast Impulse. Sweet.

link

these new MMMGQ look very nice i may grab one up sooner or later.

The Freedom, Slash Zaku Phantom & Blaze Zaku Phantom MSiAs should all be out on the 22nd of this month.

Graham

Wewt.

Soon my ZAFT Zaku army will begin. With any luck it will eventually match my 7-man Zeon Zaku squad. c.c 3 grunts, Char's custom, Shin and Johnny Ridden high-mobility customs, and Dozel's custom Zaku... B))

I find it funny, watching Kira play surgen with MSs. Just watched episode 13. It's a fun episode. Nice to see the old gang still got it.

Yeah,, It was nice to finally see Kira kick some ass in style. Zip, zap, boom, ,all enemy Ms disable, all enemy pilots were unharmed, Not one scratch on freedom.

Just watched ep 13 myself, and as usual Shin gets no "main charicter" time, except for a few mins when the Minerva crew gives him props.

Looks like everyone hasnt really lost there skills in the preceeding 2 yrs.:D especally Kira who doesnt seem like he's in the whinny hippy mode of SEED and makes mince meat out of ZAFTS Z-gok looking MS. which brought a smile to my face. Makes me wish i had a extremely powerful MS burred under my apartment.;)

I think Kira's gonna live through this one, as his role seems to be very much like Amuro's in this series, IE he'll make a few cameo's. but atleast unlike Amuro in Zeta Kira has an actual good MS and likely the most powerful MS untill Shin's mid season replacement MS shows up.

the ep preview ends with showing scenes from 14, which include the archangel launching freedom. Everyone even Kira in Orb uniforms which looks kinda werid. but cool at the same time. btw i wonder who the girl with long blue hair is, with the Orphans? minor charicter they wont explain? and it seems to me like the kids/lacus are gonna end up on Archangel.

ah well another week untill ep 14. >.<

Sword Impulse is definately the best Impulse.

Seems like the blue haired girl is either Malchio's assisstant or his wife(?). I haven't even seen a name for her yet.

The ep. 14 preview is on Gunota.

Lacus was also in the comm chair on the bridge. Kinda cool.

Edited by Anubis

The ep. 14 preview is on Gunota.

Or you could just look here every Saturday morning....

http://mbs.jp/gundamseed-d/index2.html

You know I forgot all about that. I used to check the Seed page for Seed's previews when it was airing. :lol:

I finally saw 1-5 this morning, man, Shinn is bitter....he's VERY bitter....and he clings to his past too much, granted tragic struck him like none of us have ever felt, but don't you think he might be a lil coo coo? I mean afterall he is seen when by himself playing with his lil sisters cell phone.....

I finally saw 1-5 this morning, man, Shinn is bitter....he's VERY bitter....and he clings to his past too much, granted tragic struck him like none of us have ever felt, but don't you think he might be a lil coo coo? I mean afterall he is seen when by himself playing with his lil sisters cell phone.....

Well, at least it's only his little sister's cell phone he kept.

It could have been worse, he could have kept her severed arm in his freezer or something :p !

Imagine that, bringing out her arm every couple of episodes to gaze at it longingly :rolleyes: .

Graham

btw i wonder who the girl with long blue hair is, with the Orphans? minor charicter they wont explain?

That's Kira's mother.

That is Kira's Mom! Thank you!

So there you go. Kira's mom is hanging around, so him and Lacus have a hard time"coupling."

Where's his dad then :rolleyes:

Edited by Anubis

So there you go.  Kira's mom is hanging around, so him and Lacus have a hard time"coupling." 

Where's his dad then :rolleyes:

Getting it on with Lacus probably, as Kira's mum's spending all her time with Kira ;)

Nah, Lacus is always there...just on the other side of the room.

I saw 6-9, lol I couldn't stop laughing as Shinn saves Athrun's life as he falls to Earth "Damn man, you need to lighten up" "Well what would you have wanted me to say?!" "Damn you save me you bastard! Or something like that."

At first I thought Dillandul would be the bad guy, than I thought "Nah something happens and he goes nuts." Then after I think it was Episode 8 "Oh no....yeah....he's the bad guy"

Anyone notice the quality of the animation in ep 13 is kind of crappy? I cant put my finger on it, but the colors, or the movement or something was poorly done, plus certain still images like the back of Freedom at the end looked sort of amateurish as well. And god the hands, I swear looks like a 5 year old drew em.

Storywise though, I enjoyed the old mainstays getting more time. I mean you put in all that time with og Seed, and since another war starts it kinda nullifies any progress that was made. So, wats the point with Minerva when you have an unfinished story with the Archangel crew?

But, it was interesting when they talked about why Shinn was chosen to pilot Impulse and not Rey.

Just seen ep 13.

I knew Wartdfelt lost his arm. Bandai didn't screw up after all. :lol:

Rey wears a white flight suit compared to Lunamaria and Shin's red flight suit. Was he an officer or flight suits don't matter? Otherwise he's just a red coat.

Lacus' assasination attempt so stinks of Dullindal...... <_<

This episode lacks Lunamaria and thus sucks. :lol:

And noi Saviour action yet. Phooey.

Just seen ep 13.

I knew Wartdfelt lost his arm. Bandai didn't screw up after all.  :lol:

Rey wears a white flight suit compared to Lunamaria and Shin's red flight suit. Was he an officer or flight suits don't matter? Otherwise he's just a red coat.

Lacus' assasination attempt so stinks of Dullindal......  <_<

This episode lacks Lunamaria and thus sucks. :lol:

And noi Saviour action yet. Phooey.

I think Rey's the flight leader. That might be the reason for the white suit. Zaku Phantoms are command units.

Kind of convenient that an assassination attempt was made on the real Lacus when a replacement just successfully debuted in PLANT. No one questioned the authenticity of the fake Lacus (Mia). Very fishy.

Lunamaria does need more screen time. She looks pretty good in that flight suit.

Nice to see freedom slice-and-dice again. He actually showed off a little too.

These bad guys keep self-destructing, too. Covers tracks if they're dead and can't be questioned.

Doesn't seem like Savior is in the next episode either.

Here's the riddles of the day:

Where are the piddle packs in a MS cockpit? Gotta take a while to fly from PLANT, reenter the atmosphere, and get where you're going.

Also, how much power is Athrun going to have when he finally arrives? Unless he stops somewhere for a recharge?

Wasn't a problem for Justice or Freedom to make it to earth since they're Nuclear.

Savior is running on Rechargable Energizer

Maybe I'm overanalyzing again. :lol:

Edited by Anubis

That fake lacus REALLY creeped me out when I saw her....damn...."OMG!!! ATHRUN!!" 0_o uuhhhh.. :huh: But she did look a bit hot in that low fitting dress :rolleyes:

I should have 11 and 12 when I get home and 13 shouldn't be a problem at all..its hard to download 7-10 things at once :p

Just saw ep 13 last nite:

Im relieved to see that Wartdfelt did infact loose his arm, because I was scared coordinators have some freaky ability to grow limbs back! :huh: But how can he shoot that thing without a "trigger finger" <_<

That Lacus assassination does reak of Dullindal. Guess he cant have two Lacus Kliens running around. :rolleyes:

Those Zaft soldiers should have just hit that self destruct switch once they saw it was the Freedom. Why waste Kiras time on them. :p

I too wanan see Lunamaria with some more action next time. That flight suit of hers dont look as good as her normal uniform with that skirt! :D

Edited by Legend of TSXer

I too wanan see Lunamaria with some more action next time. That flight suit of hers dont look as good as her normal uniform with that skirt! :D

Both look good. Hard to decide which my favorite is.

But how can he shoot that thing without a "trigger finger

Considering they can manipulate genes well enough to produce Coordinators, it's probably not too difficult to hardwire Wartdfelt's gun arm to his nervous system so that he can fire that weapon.

Anyone else really looking forward to an Assmu MSiA? Hopefully we can see what they can do in a 'fair' fight (fair being tackling something /other/ then Freedom with a SEED'd Kira at the controls...) when the EF forces go after Carpentaria and Gibralter.

Mmmmmm. :wub: Assmu MSiA... All they'd need for accessories is two crescent-shaped beam blades to fit between the spread claws. ^_^

Huh? They've always been like that in the actual episodes. It's only in the opening and ending that she has huge...er...tracks of land.

From season 1, she wears a bunch of cleavage revealing costumes for her concerts, more notably the green one. I remembered that one because she looked "oppai"-er than when she's in her conventional white/blue getup.....and now in civilian wear she's a washboard. :lol:

Maybe she keeps tear gas grenades in them secret compartment like general Wartdfelt's arm. ;)

Anyone notice the quality of the animation in ep 13 is kind of crappy? I cant put my finger on it, but the colors, or the movement or something was poorly done, plus certain still images like the back of Freedom at the end looked sort of amateurish as well.

Often, anime is drawn by a team of animators, usually split into groups. That's the reason for the inconsistancy at times on longer running series. It's normal. Ignore it.

Also, how much power is Athrun going to have when he finally arrives?

I'm sure they got someone to ferry him to Earth orbit.

But how can he shoot that thing without a "trigger finger"

He still has muscles and nerves. Modern-day prosthetic arms do have electrodes that read muscle activity, allowing someone to move a robotic hand. So Andy's prosthetic is feasible. This has been around for a while.