NEW(ER) AVP (Aliens versus Predator) Trailer.

don't get me wrong, the latest trailer is far better than the previous 2, but the only aliens vs predator for me is the original dark horse miniseries drawn by Chris Warner and written by Randy Stradley. nothing comes close to that book except the AvP pc game that kicked ass!!! well, only because we finally get to use the pulse rifle...woohoo!!! :lol:

I used to like the Aliens Vs Predator Arcade game from Capcom. I used to like playing that one alot, very similar to there Knights of the Round and Dungeon & Dragons Shadows over Mysteria games you could be the Predators and Arnold from the first Predator film

I still think they should have tried converting the second game to a movie. =p Awesome game.

But anyway, I'm pretty sure it'll have some good action in it. But I'm totally SICK of slow motion action scenes.

And what's the point of bringing guns on an archeological mission?

I'm hoping that it'll suprise us, but I'm not too optomistic.

If you kept updated while there were special featurettes with the director of AVP, the expedition (like all expeditions into dangerous unknown territory) has a bunch of security guard/mercenary type people. It was hinted that these soldiers were "special" but we don't know how special yet. Probably early prototypes of the Weyland Yutani cyborgs? And about what guns we get to see, I see H&K G36 rifles with green laser sights being carried by the soldiers.

I'd expecting this to be an interesting watch. Not too bothered about the souped up designs. It seems the humans are not being hunted, but just in the middle of the AVP "war" so it'll prove quite interesting.

don't get me wrong, the latest trailer is far better than the previous 2, but the only aliens vs predator for me is the original dark horse miniseries drawn by Chris Warner and written by Randy Stradley. nothing comes close to that book except the AvP pc game that kicked ass!!! well, only because we finally get to use the pulse rifle...woohoo!!! :lol:

Oh please, if they made that comic into a movie it would suck so bad. Noguchi gets let into the predator pack? Come on... that's oozing cheese.

I've been looking forward to them making this movie for years, so I just hope that it has

a) Predators

b) Aliens

c) People that die

d) Predators killing mass aliens

e) Cool predator equipment

f) people that die

g) Aliens bum rushing a wounded Predator as it bravely fights on (They call that one Huud'son...)

Besides that, I don't expect much more from an Action/SciFi flick...

that all happened in the trailer, so youve seen it, so why bother seeing the movie?

I've been looking forward to them making this movie for years, so I just hope that it has

a) Predators

b) Aliens

c) People that die

d) Predators killing mass aliens

e) Cool predator equipment

f) people that die

g) Aliens bum rushing a wounded Predator as it bravely fights on (They call that one Huud'son...)

Besides that, I don't expect much more from an Action/SciFi flick...

that all happened in the trailer, so youve seen it, so why bother seeing the movie?

To see MORE of it, of course :)

Plus, there's only so much you can make out in a teeny, tiny trailer window on the Internet. The only way to watch a movie like this is on a 30' big screen :)

don't get me wrong, the latest trailer is far better than the previous 2, but the only aliens vs predator for me is the original dark horse miniseries drawn by Chris Warner and written by Randy Stradley.  nothing comes close to that book except the AvP pc game that kicked ass!!!  well, only because we finally get to use the pulse rifle...woohoo!!!  :lol:

Oh please, if they made that comic into a movie it would suck so bad. Noguchi gets let into the predator pack? Come on... that's oozing cheese.

:huh:

i'd actually hate to see that particular book ruined by an onscreen rendition and never suggested that.

Edited by doh-dough

There was a AvP comic that had a PredAlien in it. Don't remember the name though. After all the assorted fighting between the Preds and Humans, there were a couple of each left. The PredAlien came out from under the jeep it was hiding under (the chestburster had hitched a ride earlier) and proceeded to kick ass all around. One human and one pred were left at the end, both exhausted and beat up, so they just sat and stared at each other with their distress beacons lit waiting to see who came first. It was pretty cool, and the predalien was not something to screw with. A predalien would make a good movie add-on.

I have also wanted to see on-screen royal guards. Close-to-queen-size drones with tusks (at least in one incarnation). Bad ass. Only seen in a couple aliens comics.

This was also the really big drone that required big weaponry to kill from the AvP2 pc game

Edited by Anubis

There was a AvP comic that had a PredAlien in it. Don't remember the name though. After all the assorted fighting between the Preds and Humans, there were a couple of each left. The PredAlien came out from under the jeep it was hiding under (the chestburster had hitched a ride earlier) and proceeded to kick ass all around. One human and one pred were left at the end, both exhausted and beat up, so they just sat and stared at each other with their distress beacons lit waiting to see who came first. It was pretty cool, and the predalien was not something to screw with. A predalien would make a good movie add-on.

I have also wanted to see on-screen royal guards. Close-to-queen-size drones with tusks (at least in one incarnation). Bad ass. Only seen in a couple aliens comics.

This was also the really big drone that required big weaponry to kill from the AvP2 pc game

oooh...that was a decent book too. forgot about that one. *sigh* if only my collection wasn't tossed many moons ago.

• 1 month later...

well this is one i've been waiting for and one i'm definitely going to see on a wednesday....no crowds, everyones at the bars on hump day. :p

i haven't seen much in the ways of spoilers(been avoiding them) but it looks like its going to be one rocking arse movie! B)) aliens...predator...how bad could it be. :ph34r:

All this movie needs now that it is X-TREME is two of the biggest bottles of NOS that one could find, neon and hydros on the Predator spaceship, and any rapper/actor like Ludacris, Ice Cube, Method Man, or even Eminem and this movie is money in the bank!!!

All this movie needs now that it is X-TREME is two of the biggest bottles of NOS that one could find, neon and hydros on the Predator spaceship, and any rapper/actor like Ludacris, Ice Cube, Method Man, or even Eminem and this movie is money in the bank!!!

ROTFL! Freakin' hillarious! I nominate this for "Post of the Month!"

Seriously though, I expect this movie to make at least $40 million in its first weekend. Whether or not it has legs is another matter. Van Helsing made big bux its first weekend, then fell like a stone. I'm sure it still made money, but it wasn't "Shrek 2" money.

Sorry to bump an old thread BUT if you wanna see an actual scene from the movie then check this out.

Fight scene between an Alien and Predator.  :lol:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/alienvspredator.html

OMG, that scene looked awful. :(

Really? I thought it was pretty cool...wonder where did all of the Predator's Weapons went...unless he decided to go Mano a mano with alien in honorable combat.

DMX should have been in this one. it could have been Alien 2 tha Predator. and in every fight scene, they could play "X gonna give it to ya!!"

:p

Wait. You can't have a DMX without......that's right Jet Li and Anthony Anderson. They're the unstoppable trio of rap and wushu trained Colonial Marines. :lol:

DMX should have been in this one. it could have been Alien 2 tha Predator. and in every fight scene, they could play "X gonna give it to ya!!"

:p

Wait. You can't have a DMX without......that's right Jet Li and Anthony Anderson. They're the unstoppable trio of rap and wushu trained Colonial Marines. :lol:

Damn, he took my idea. ;)

But yeah, my blood-lust has been rising at an unusually high rate this week(RA Training + Summer School = :angry: Wes)

But what's with all the hate? I mean, am I wrong in thinking this is an action movie?!? I thought they're supposed to be vain, filled with ridiculous violence. Hell, right know I'd play 7.50 to see AgentOne take on 1000 midgets with the closing credits featuring his patented "doornob attack." Of course, I would leave durring the credits... :p

I just saw the fight scene and I think it looked pretty silly to me. But for some reason I found it fun to watch. Picking the Alien up by the tail and slamming it around? Smashing through walls? :D And the blades melted? They didn't melt in the comics though.... But then again the Preds do upgrade their gear later since the comic is years from now.

looks interesting... I see the director is a fan of the shoot it so close and in the shadows so the audience can't make heads or tails of the fight scene school of thought.

Odd. I had no trouble following what was going on in that fight.

This is looking better and better. Only 7.5 days left to go :)

You know why I hate this movie with a passion besides the craptastic director, overreliance on fx over story, and ludicrous crap like the predator's wrist blade being 4 FEET LONG or something? It's the possibility that this will be the death of any chance of Ridley Scott making Alien 5 (which would be an infinitely better movie) if AVP makes money and the corporate types decide AVP is the future of the franchise.

It's the same thing as when the Batman franchise went to Joel Schumacher after Tim Burton left. This new guy seems to think the more sfx he can shoehorn into a movie and the more "xtreme" he can make the aliens, the less he has to actually tell a coherent story about well-developed characters and make what you can basically call "Tango & Cash in Space". But hey, if the audience prefers drek like Resident Evil and Soldier, what difference does my opinion make...

You know why I hate this movie with a passion besides the craptastic director, overreliance on fx over story, and ludicrous crap like the predator's wrist blade being 4 FEET LONG or something? It's the possibility that this will be the death of any chance of Ridley Scott making Alien 5 (which would be an infinitely better movie) if AVP makes money and the corporate types decide AVP is the future of the franchise.

It's the same thing as when the Batman franchise went to Joel Schumacher after Tim Burton left. This new guy seems to think the more sfx he can shoehorn into a movie and the more "xtreme" he can make the aliens, the less he has to actually tell a coherent story about well-developed characters and make what you can basically call "Tango & Cash in Space". But hey, if the audience prefers drek like Resident Evil and Soldier, what difference does my opinion make...

Blah blah blah blah blah...... <_< FIRST watch the movie THAN you can make allllllll the bad remarks of how horrible the movie was. People have dogged alot of movies such as Terminator 3, and you know what? Terminator 3 got more of a good response from fans than bad. Terminator fans thought it had a nice ending, and would be just about as satasfied as they were with T2....Those who had the bad thoughts of the movie and bashed it, many of them turned the other head and said, "Well, it could have been worse".

So before anyone should go bashing about it, watch it first THAN bash...cause I'm not gonna say "DUDE THIS MOVIE IS GONNA KICK ASS!" or "THIS MOVIE IS GONNA BLOW! IT'S JUST LIKE RESSURECTION OR RESIDENT EVIL!" ........so wwhhhhhhhhaaaaaattttttt.......I don't see anyone else directing their favorite movie.

Blah blah blah blah blah...... <_< FIRST watch the movie THAN you can make allllllll the bad remarks of how horrible the movie was. People have dogged alot of movies such as Terminator 3, and you know what? Terminator 3 got more of a good response from fans than bad. Terminator fans thought it had a nice ending, and would be just about as satasfied as they were with T2....Those who had the bad thoughts of the movie and bashed it, many of them turned the other head and said, "Well, it could have been worse".

So before anyone should go bashing about it, watch it first THAN bash...cause I'm not gonna say "DUDE THIS MOVIE IS GONNA KICK ASS!" or "THIS MOVIE IS GONNA BLOW! IT'S JUST LIKE RESSURECTION OR RESIDENT EVIL!" ........so wwhhhhhhhhaaaaaattttttt.......I don't see anyone else directing their favorite movie.

Blah blah blah as you say... I thought T3 was a steaming pile with music out of Star Trek Voyager. To each their own. How about YOU go watch the movie first, I'll save my money.

Edited by Rotary Magic

I'll probably see AVP anyway, but I'm with those that think this movie is going to be trash. BTW T3 sucked. How many times can one recycle the same tired premise over and over. Answer-- As long as there are idiots errr people that are willing to give away their $8. But back on topic Mr. Andersen has a terrible track record. His movies are in the okay to bad filmmaking range. I don't think giving him another franchise is going to change that fact. The toys may be this films only saving grace. I'm occasionally one of those above mentioned idiots are tricked out of their money by lots of FX, ass-kicking and explosions.

I caught the making of the movie on HBO and I'm 90% sure it's going to kick alot of ass.

One of my favorite things though is that they're using alot of miniatures and animatronics instead of going the straight up CG route like I was expecting ^_^.

Oh, and something incredibly neat for us Alien fans I noticed. You know how Lance Henrikson plays Weyland (or Yutani?) which later becomes the model for Bishop? Well, it was real quick in the making of, but it shows him sitting at his desk on a computer, tapping a pen between his fingers ala Aliens ^_^. This is going to be awesome ^_^.

Edited by Vinny

Since when an either the Alien or the Predator survive being flung through a wall? If they were both that resiliant, how could they have been killed in any of their respective movies? Bullets and falling logs certainly wouldn't bother them. This movie just looks dumber by the second.