Question on YF19 Fastpack thats coming

Sam

Oh and just for fun,

This is my "conspiracy theory"... I think the reason for delay is that while working on the yf 19, It hit yamato that the yf 19 was just too damn good and stood out next to the current aged and old 1/72 Mac + valks.  Anticipating the inevitable outcry of MAC + fans  demanding the 21 and the 11B be given their due justice, they decide to put together a whole new 1/60 scale series.  Now again, because they anticipate that fans will want the 21 and the 11B to have new sculpts, they delay the release of the YF 19 FP until they are almost good to go and comfortable with the 1/60 sculpts that they will strategically announce not long after the release of the 19fp.  Thus making Yamato immortal amoung it's fans for giving them a kick ass product and a new kick ass series to look forward to. 

Maybe?  :lol:  That's what I'd do if I were yamato.  :D

I'll cross my fingers, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

That's the best conspiracy theory yet, imo!

The pic isn't anything to get excited about as far as quality. It was too small to see and it was all the same color so whatever detail you're looking for is washed out. Same thing for the FPs and the fully poseable pilot.

:pI'm just kidding about the poseable pilot... :lol:

Dude, you totally didn't mention the light up LED in the visor! :lol:

maybe I'm kidding... maybe...

That prototype was completely a hoax created by me.

Yamato got extremely irritated and disappointed with Graham because they thought it was leaked (you can't see it clearly anyway and that was my intent). They are very sensitive about this issue and got on his case. Don't vex them.

Excuse my ignorance, but what scale is the new YF19 going to be? It would be awesome to see her in a 1/48 scale but I can't imagine Yamato changing their line of Mac + valks from 1/72 to 1/48. Any help is appreciated.

/gene

Excuse my ignorance, but what scale is the new YF19 going to be? It would be awesome to see her in a 1/48 scale but I can't imagine Yamato changing their line of Mac + valks from 1/72 to 1/48. Any help is appreciated.

/gene

Supposed to be 1/72 still on last word.

That's too bad, I would love to see the yf-19 redone in 1/60 scale... actually, I would like to see all the mac + valks done in 1/60. they had a hard enough time getting the landing gear to work (some would say they failed) in 1/72 and I think the extra size would allow for yamato to be able to get the landing gear to work and not be detachable or hang out like on the first yf-19.

If it means a better sculpt I have no problem with a removable front landing gear. That hip/fuselage secion is probable THE hardest part of the -19 to design. A removable gear would make it a lot easier.

1/60, yeah it needs a built in gear, 1/72 a removable gear is acceptable. It's going in the air on one of my acrylic stands, so the gear isn't even an issue for me really.

Edited by Anubis

Yamato got extremely irritated and disappointed with Graham because they thought it was leaked (you can't see it clearly anyway and that was my intent). They are very sensitive about this issue and got on his case. Don't vex them.

so how did you make that pic did you use a SHE unpainted it looks alot like it

Pardon my French, but that's pretty RETARDED of them.

Dose anyone have a clue on whats taking so long for the yf-19fp release. i think that if it has been delyed till after the vf-0 has come out than I'm realy gonna be cheezed they already released the 21 and 11b and the 19 is my absolute favorite and i want one sorry if that sounds whiny but i totaly missed out on the 1st and 2nd editions and i just cant win an auction for one on ebay. I was only recently able to get the VF X version so i am realy looking forward to finaly adding the 19 to my collection.

anyways there was a thread simmalr to this one on Twin Moons Anime and then Tam I Am said this

Well, I have received some info about this item but I'm not at liberty to share it either. I think it's just best that we close this thread and have no further speculations about it because it's pretty much pointless.

then he closed the thread so I'm alittle worried.

but if anyone has a YF-19 ver. 1 or ver. 2 they want to sell please contact me and let me know thanx

I still don't get the secrecy behind the thing. Yamato could at least confirm a target quarter or something. Coming Summer 2004 is all they need to say, if it gets delayed fine, revise the date. Hell, the GBP got delayed till May for no reason and it was supposed to arrive by now too. They don't even have to show pics, though it would be nice since they're even showing early VF-0 sculpts through the hobby mags. Why not the -19? The whole thing is just wierd. It like some classified govt secret regarding the -19's progress.

Edited by Anubis

I think you already summed it up. If it was remotely ready to be released, we may have heard something by now. It is probably not ready. I rather wait than have a bad quality product put out. Yamato is probably re-working it in light of new manufacturering techniques, better toys from competition and to appease the fans.

In the meantime, just enjoy other offerings.

.......It is probably not ready. I rather wait than have a bad quality product put out. Yamato is probably re-working it in light of new manufacturering techniques, better toys from competition and to appease the fans.

In the meantime, just enjoy other offerings.

Amen!

The whole thing is just wierd.  It like some classified govt secret regarding the -19's progress.

Heheh.. what if the reason for the delay is to keep the REAL YF-19 prototype design a secret from all of us? :D

Introducing the new Yamato YF-19- IN ALL NEW FULLLY FUNCTIONAL 1/1th SCALE!!! (thermonuclear fuel sold separately) :rolleyes:

Edited by Chronocidal

The whole thing is just wierd.  It like some classified govt secret regarding the -19's progress.

Heheh.. what if the reason for the delay is to keep the REAL YF-19 prototype design a secret from all of us? :D

Introducing the new Yamato YF-19- IN ALL NEW FULLLY FUNCTIONAL 1/1th SCALE!!! (thermonuclear fuel sold separately) :rolleyes:

Yeah right! :p:D

I think that if the delay is because Yamato cant decide on a sculpt than they should give us some pics of maby 3- 4 different sculpts and let the fans decide

I don't even want to think about the civil war that would cause.

The real reason for the delay is because they are making it a 1/1 scale. I know this for sure. So many people were complaining about size. I would've liked a 1/60 scale, but the super top secret hush hush info only tells me, that Yamato has already seen the 1/1 SDF-1 and is far ahead of valkyrie production. You know how these toy companies really excel in real life productions. :D I'm joining U.N. Spacy so I can be a valkyrie :ph34r: and defend the home frontier!!!

BTW, I'm just kidding!!! For those of you who may question my validity.

I want something that's accurate to the lineart.

I don't mind if I have to take a few pieces off, like the landing gear and the crotch piece, as long as it's not something vital, like 1:60 VF-1's. I also don't want it insanely complicated and fragile. My Yamato escaflowne looks very cool, but it's stuck in limbo between dragon and guymelef because the transformation is confusing as crap and I feel like I'm going to break it everytime I pick it up.

Hmm.. it would be nice if they did produce one in the VF-19 Ravens Blue Colour Scheme. Those would be nice.

You mean a re-sculpt right? Since they already released the VF-19A a while back.

I'd like one of them too! :D