Question on YF19 Fastpack thats coming

Sam

If it is truly based on that sculpt, I'll buy one! :lol:

Posted on Sep 9 2003, 12:15 PM Poor S.O.B. selling your toys cuz you got married... what kind of man are you?!

I better start savin for the new 19... and maybe the 21... poor poor married man... wait I work at a movie theatre and I can't legally drink I'm worse off!! sad.gif

Patience young padawan :D:p

I believe the YF-19 was designed with the assistence of Studio Half Eye.

When I first saw the prototype, I was very impressed with the sculpture.

But when it finally came out, there was alot of problems with fitting certain parts.

Glad they decided to redo everything :D

Actually I hope they reduce the die-cast content abit and re-enforce the joint\moving areas with die-cast. The 1/48 had a nice balance for me :) My opinion there. :D

I believe the YF-19 was designed with the assistance of Studio Half Eye.

When I first saw the prototype, I was very impressed with the sculpture.

But when it finally came out, there was alot of problems with fitting certain parts.

Glad they decided to redo everything :D

Actually I hope they reduce the die-cast content abit and re-enforce the joint\moving areas with die-cast. The 1/48 had a nice balance for me :) My opinion there. :D

Don't forget that they also hired Mr. Sakuragawa to do this. Once they have ironed out all the flaws for the

prototype, then the final product, it will be a must-have.

I would like to get the new YF-19 in a different color than what the original looked like. Something along the lines of the 1/48 Low Viz, a more realistic scheme.

I also think that the YF-19 (along with it's similar incarnations) has the worst Gerwalk mode. It doesn't look very stable or technically functional with those wings hanging off the end and the arms set over them instead of under them. The armless Gerwalk mode however is more pleasing.

Despite their flaws, I am happy with the YF-19 Yamato made. They were a one of a kind, and my first Macross Plus Valkyrie (that I never knew about).

I would like to get the new YF-19 in a different color than what the original looked like. Something along the lines of the 1/48 Low Viz, a more realistic scheme.

I also think that the YF-19 (along with it's similar incarnations) has the worst Gerwalk mode. It doesn't look very stable or technically functional with those wings hanging off the end and the arms set over them instead of under them. The armless Gerwalk mode however is more pleasing.

Despite their flaws, I am happy with the YF-19 Yamato made. They were a one of a kind, and my first Macross Plus Valkyrie (that I never knew about).

The actual gerwalk mode according to the lineart is pretty nice and quite stable looking.

yf-19-gerwalk.jpg

Unfortunately, no toy has come close to looking anywhere near that cool, though it doesn't look so difficult to do.

If you want to talk about unstable looking gerwalks, take a look at the VF-17.

I would only ask Graham a single question: G, in your honest opinion, does this new sculpt look good?

Just knowing that it was based on the model is not good enough for me.

EDIT I don't want to see the pictures because I know Graham wouldn't let me in the first place. All I want to know is if the new sculpt looks good or not. If Graham reckons it looks great then that's enough for me, I 'll start polishing the plastic.

Edited by kensei

• 5 months later...

I Personaly think that the YF-19 Yamato realesed was awsome and i have the vf-19a toy and still trying to get my hands on a yf-19 as for comments about the ver.1 and ver.2 being bulky and wierd looking these people have to remember that it was made to be a toy and as such had to be playable leave perfect detail to modles and give me a toy that works however ive seen pics of some of the previous works from the sculpter doing the YF-19 fast pack and im sure we wont be disapointed i just cant wait to get one im buying it no matter what people say and i still want a ver. 1 and a ver. 2 the 19 rocks. B))

isn't that the pic that the higher powers asked us not to post?

If the *is* a beta pic of the new YF-19 fp, I'm pretty happy.

The original YF-19 is the toy that got me back into collecting toys and I'd love to have a sleeker version to display next to my 1/48 VF-1's.

The original YF-19 is the toy that got me back into collecting toys and I'd love to have a sleeker version to display next to my 1/48 VF-1's.

The Sith Lords don't want us posting that pic? :( If they want me to take it down then it'll be gone. Must not upset them or I'll feel the power of the darkside. :blink:

Dose anyone have a clue as to when the new yf-19 will be realesed I just cant wait and as for that bootleg i see it as an insult to the YF-19 im to much of a fan of the 19 to not be revolted by that pic :angry:

sorry just my opinion

However The pic of the YF-19 fast pack sculpt looks sick i want one now hehehe i already preorderd 2 on twin moons anime .... i cant wait i cant wait I CANT WAIT sorry kinda lost it there abit

Come on Yamato at least let us see some kick a## picks of it.

The Sith Lords don't want us posting that pic? :( If they want me to take it down then it'll be gone. Must not upset them or I'll feel the power of the darkside. :blink:

Yeah, that pic was brought down mighty qucikly.

I'd PM the "Lords" before posting so as not to incur any wrath!!!icon5.gif

Graham went so far as to delete the enitre last thread, so you may want to take it off before someone does it again. Yamato didn't want that pic made public. He also asked not to post it again here or anywhere else. It only lasted a couple of hours last time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as eager for news as anyone else.

Yeah, that scratchbuild is THE definative -19. I hope the new Yamato version of the YF looks anywhere close to loking like that. Hopefully they can make a new VF-19A as well afterward. I can hope at least.

Edited by Anubis

Hmm, maybe that pic is legit. For those that did not see it, you are not missing much IMO. It is a blurry, thumbnail size pic of an all white yf-19 in battroid mode. You can't tell how big it is or how much detail it has. It does look better proportioned than the 1st yf-19 but that is a given.

Given the immense popularity and anticipation of the YF 19FP, you'd think yamato would have given us something consented and official to drool at by now.

Anyway, I hope yamato takes notice and release the damn thing already.

Oh and just for fun,

This is my "conspiracy theory"... I think the reason for delay is that while working on the yf 19, It hit yamato that the yf 19 was just too damn good and stood out next to the current aged and old 1/72 Mac + valks. Anticipating the inevitable outcry of MAC + fans demanding the 21 and the 11B be given their due justice, they decide to put together a whole new 1/60 scale series. Now again, because they anticipate that fans will want the 21 and the 11B to have new sculpts, they delay the release of the YF 19 FP until they are almost good to go and comfortable with the 1/60 sculpts that they will strategically announce not long after the release of the 19fp. Thus making Yamato immortal amoung it's fans for giving them a kick ass product and a new kick ass series to look forward to.

Maybe? :lol: That's what I'd do if I were yamato. :D

The pic isn't anything to get excited about as far as quality. It was too small to see and it was all the same color so whatever detail you're looking for is washed out. Same thing for the FPs and the fully poseable pilot.

:p I'm just kidding about the poseable pilot... :lol:

Oh and just for fun,

This is my "conspiracy theory"... I think the reason for delay is that while working on the yf 19, It hit yamato that the yf 19 was just too damn good and stood out next to the current aged and old 1/72 Mac + valks.  Anticipating the inevitable outcry of MAC + fans  demanding the 21 and the 11B be given their due justice, they decide to put together a whole new 1/60 scale series.  Now again, because they anticipate that fans will want the 21 and the 11B to have new sculpts, they delay the release of the YF 19 FP until they are almost good to go and comfortable with the 1/60 sculpts that they will strategically announce not long after the release of the 19fp.  Thus making Yamato immortal amoung it's fans for giving them a kick ass product and a new kick ass series to look forward to. 

Maybe?  :lol:  That's what I'd do if I were yamato.  :D

I'll cross my fingers, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

edit: If the conspiracy theory doesn't hold true... Mao shall do to Yamato, what she is doing as my avatar!!! ;):p:lol:

Edited by Sumdumgai