Question on YF19 Fastpack thats coming

Sam

My question is this. Do I spend the extra money and buy a YF-19 or VF-19A, or patiently wait for the FP version to come out? If the FP version is improved I think it may be worth the wait. However long it maybe.

I'd wait, since IMO the current 19 offerings look like crap. If you haven't already bought one, I'd recommend the Bandai VF-19; I like the sculpt, and the transformation is flawless (I like to pretend that it doesn't say Macross 7 on the box!). :)

My question is this.  Do I spend the extra money and buy a YF-19 or VF-19A, or patiently wait for the FP version to come out?  If the FP version is improved I think it may be worth the wait.  However long it maybe.

I'd wait, since IMO the current 19 offerings look like crap. If you haven't already bought one, I'd recommend the Bandai VF-19; I like the sculpt, and the transformation is flawless (I like to pretend that it doesn't say Macross 7 on the box!). :)

Are the Bandai VF-19's still easily available??

My question is this.  Do I spend the extra money and buy a YF-19 or VF-19A, or patiently wait for the FP version to come out?  If the FP version is improved I think it may be worth the wait.  However long it maybe.

The Gundam Store has the red "Fire Valkyrie" for $29.99. I personally don't like the red color, but the sculp and transformation is great, and you could also repaint. Oh, I just realized that the Macross 7 "Fire Valkyrie" has a mouth on it. Damn. My opinion was based on the blue "Blazer Valkyrie" that I have. But for $29.99, I'd still get the red one over the Yamato 19 variants.

Does this answer your question :

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN900136

Thanks....but I want the Emerald Force ones....the blue ones that is. Looks like HLJ doesn't have em. Bah. But I saw some Kaiyodo resin kits. Too bad i'm not a modeller.

Thanks....but I want the Emerald Force ones....the blue ones that is. Looks like HLJ doesn't have em. Bah. But I saw some Kaiyodo resin kits. Too bad i'm not a modeller.

Bandai never reissued the VF-19S (dammit Bandai :( ) An original of those goes for 80-100 bucks. One just sold here for 95. I was tempted but couldn't afford another hundred bucks this month, that, and I already have a Fire Valk -19 and a Yamato VF-19A, so I at least have something for now.

There are some bootlegs flaoting around of the blue VF-19S, just they have the Fire Valks longer wings. Those are cheap, and I considered one for myself before but haven't found one in a long time.

If you want a Fire Valk VF-19 Gundam Store and More still has them for 30 bucks as well as the VF-17.

There are also Bandai's 1/100 models of the VF-19 F/S and the VF-19 Fire Valk. That's prety cheap, and also available at HLJ. Looks kind of chunky though.

Bandai VF-19 Blazer 1/100

I've almost gone out and bought a Hasegawa to give that a try after waiting so long for the new Yamato.

I was wondering if this was the toy. Guess it wasn't. But a transformable model? That's cool. But like I said, I can't model (actually i just can't paint and make it look nice) for nuts. Sigh!

Personally, I don't really care for the Bandai sculpt of the VF-19, otherwise I would've looked into getting one a long time ago.. I think it's nearly a crime that they made the fighter mode so stubby. The nose should easily be another inch or two long. <_< It's not a bad design otherwise, but I guess that's what they had to do to give it a perfect transformation.

Guess I will just wait and buy the new YF-19(FP) versions, whenever they come out. Hopefully we will get some news on them soon. They gotta be running out of 1/48 VF-1's soon, so maybe they will get back to work on the F-19. I have seen pictures of the Bandai F-19 and I am not impressed, so I will just hold onto my money.