Question on YF19 Fastpack thats coming

Sam

I did a search, couldn't see anything that resembled an answer to this, so heres my question! :)

I know the 1st n 2nd incarnations were chunky, but has yamato given 'official' update or details on what they were redoing in particular? I can't imagine the overall transformation will change dramatically, Im thinking more just streamlining it like the S.H.E? If they could somehow make the nose lil longer and streamlined without that bigass pot belly under the cockpit, it would be better....

And has there been any update on when its coming out? I really want the original paint scheme, as I only was able to get the vfx2 verison. I thought it was still gonna be this year, wasn't it?

Any info appreciated! tah in advance ! :D

Sam

Like you I'm eagerly awaiting the upcoming -19 FP. But I kinda doubt that they'll make any big changes except for the additions of the FPs. Just look at the previous 1/72 Mac+ valks: -11B improved the hip joint, -21 improved the fuselage belly to make it streamlined. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Like you I'm eagerly awaiting the upcoming -19 FP. But I kinda doubt that they'll make any big changes except for the additions of the FPs. Just look at the previous 1/72 Mac+ valks: -11B improved the hip joint, -21 improved the fuselage belly to make it streamlined. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The new '19 is confirmed to be an all new sculpt, so no - it won't be like the other Macross Plus Yammies that were re-released with FP's. Other than that, there haven't been any other updates at all.

I would imagine the transformation will be pretty much the same too: It wouldn't be a YF-19 if it was much different, would it? It is expected to look a lot better than the original 19 they released, but no one's seen it outside of Yamato to confirm this (maybe Graham, but he won't talk).

(maybe Graham, but he won't talk).

*sigh*

when offered to have either a house, or E.S.P, why, oh WHY, did I choose to have a roof over my head? :(

How did G. manage to get hooked up with Yamato in the first place? :huh:

Did you save a Yamato rep. from in front of a speeding bus or something, and then he owed you big time, G?

:p

Or maybe just good Karma.... :)

Whatever it is, its a power that allows you to control the thought patterns of literally hundreds of macross ppl... Oh the power of the dark side....... :D

Too tired, time to go to sleeeeeeeeeep.... -_-

I was thinking, perhaps the reason its so delayed is that perhaps they are debating just skiping the 1/72 scale and making it 1/60th or 1/48th :p

Now that's what I'm talking about. Either 1/60 or 1/48 19s will be appreciated. No 1/72 anything for me, including Macross Zero. Yamato should definately reconsider their 1/72 projects.

Yeah, the new 19's sculpt is going to be great, hopefully.

I was thinking, perhaps the reason its so delayed is that perhaps they are debating just skiping the 1/72 scale and making it 1/60th or 1/48th :p

That´d be great! 1/60 sounds pretty good, or even 1/48.

I´d like an upgrade to 1/60.

You got that right on the money! :D Just wait sometime next year. :)

If I could remember, there was a thread here about the right scale for the 19, and I can't seem to remember what appropriate scale was determined. :(

Wow, if it is gonna be based from THAT, than its all good!

Only problem i see is the landing gear, it looks like a replaceable part that has to be interchanged. I think I would rather have that though just so I can have a really nice fighter mode, to rival the nice lines of the 1/48.

thats what helps make the 1st version chunkier, landing gear and other parts trying to make the lines look smooth, but sacrificing the thinness that was the front cockpit.

Also theres the whole 'making it strong nuff to be a toy that doesn't break in two seconds'

Be awesome if Yamato decided to detail like that model too! :)

Im really really REALLY looking forward to it now! Thanks for those pix, wish I could get a hold of a mass production version of that model to make for myself!

The fighter and gerwalk pictures look amazing! But the battroid mode leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe it's just the angle, but the arms look too short, the chestplate a little too big, and ugh...what's wrong with that crotch piece? :blink: Since Yamato doesn't give two craps about battroid mode anyways, I think this is pretty close to what the new YF-19 will look like.

Wow, if it is gonna be based from THAT, than its all good!

Only problem i see is the landing gear, it looks like a replaceable part that has to be interchanged. I think I would rather have that though just so I can have a really nice fighter mode, to rival the nice lines of the 1/48.

thats what helps make the 1st version chunkier, landing gear and other parts trying to make the lines look smooth, but sacrificing the thinness that was the front cockpit.

Also theres the whole 'making it strong nuff to be a toy that doesn't break in two seconds'

Be awesome if Yamato decided to detail like that model too! :)

Im really really REALLY looking forward to it now! Thanks for those pix, wish I could get a hold of a mass production version of that model to make for myself!

Yes, that's what they're basing it on. The scultor's name is Mr. Sakuragawa. His work was featured in the June 2002 Model Graphix magazine. "Even though the new YF-19 will be heavily based on this design, it's not going to be identical due to the need to make the toy durable and also to have it transform without removing any parts", according to Graham, in his interview with Yamato.

God, I can't wait for this toy to come out....I just recently decided to get all the Yamato Macross Plus FP toys...I just last night ordered the VF-11B FP....If the new sculpt is going to as closely as possible follow the sculpt from the links in the page above. I just wish that Graham would be able to give us some more firm information...I know that he said that he has seen the sculpt of the toy, I just wish that they would share this.

Later,

Larry

After seeing this my valk-addiction has reached summit. Damn, Yamato modelers work great but not fast enough.

"Perfection"

QUOTE (Angel's Fury @ Sep 6 2003, 11:30 PM)

"Perfection"

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Next to the Optimus Prime 20th Aneversery toy this is really the only one (toy that is) I'm looking forward to getting.

heh, can tell by ur avatar comicb.h that ur keen on it.

damn it does look nice.

Least I should be able to afford it if it comes out next year. :D

(Sam @ Sep 7 2003, 01:45 AM)

heh, can tell by ur avatar comicb.h that ur keen on it.

damn it does look nice.

Least I should be able to afford it if it comes out next year. 

Darn and I thought I was being subtle :rolleyes: . I can think of no better way to start 2004 then by releasing the YF-19 with F/P, it would just be too cool especially if it looked like that B) !

Edited by Comicbookheros

Lightning 06 Posted on Sep 7 2003, 07:03 PM

be really cool if it had opening leg missle bays!

Yes that would be cool, and a fold engin would be iceing on the cake :D .

You know , something very weird happened to me today , I was looking through my stuff at home and suddenly my old VF-11B catched my attention within its box , I looked at it for a minute or two and noticed something ...god that toy is beautiful , I don´t care if it´s crap but damn I love that toy , and the best thing is that it hasn´t suffered any hip problems yet (it´s in its box after 1 transformation ). I also realised that 1/72 is not a bad scale afterall , it´s actually big enough and pretty nice , specially considering the M0 mechas are even bigger than the M+ ones so I´m pretty sure Yamato will get it right when they come.

After that I started to think about the upcoming re-sculpted YF-19FP and realised that that toy is gonna kick ass , I just can´t wait for it to come out :rolleyes:

Posted on Sep 7 2003, 07:36 AM

QUOTE (eming @ Sep 7 2003, 06:05 AM)

I've already sold all my other macross stuff.

Only kept my M+ toys smile.gif biggrin.gif

God, I can't wait for this toy to come out....I just recently decided to get all the Yamato Macross Plus FP toys..

WHY!?!?!?!? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

It was a very hard decision to make :(

I guess $$ was the main culprit.

Getting Married and moving house soon :rolleyes:

Sold tonnes of my toys.

I guess once things have settled down,

I will slowly pick up again.

The best have yet to come from Yamato :D:D

Poor S.O.B. selling your toys cuz you got married... what kind of man are you?!

I better start savin for the new 19... and maybe the 21... poor poor married man... wait I work at a movie theatre and I can't legally drink I'm worse off!! :(

I sort of asked this question on the old board. Graham replied that even though Yamato liked the battroid mode they were REALLY disappointed with the fighter mode. Then he went through and listed some of the stuff that they didn't like. It's not a definite answer but you have to figure that they'll try and correct those issues. The only thing that I can really remember is that they didn't like the way that the YF-19 sloped forward in fighter. Try searching the old boards for the topic.

I sort of asked this question on the old board. Graham replied that even though Yamato liked the battroid mode they were REALLY disappointed with the fighter mode. Then he went through and listed some of the stuff that they didn't like. It's not a definite answer but you have to figure that they'll try and correct those issues. The only thing that I can really remember is that they didn't like the way that the YF-19 sloped forward in fighter. Try searching the old boards for the topic.

the yamato 19 is hands down the worst sculpt yamato as produced in all modes.

I really am looking forward to this toy too.... My first Yammie was the -19A... True it's not too poseable, kind of chunky, and a bit inaccurate... but it's still one of my favorites... It's one of the very few I have multiples of. So a new sculpt and fast packs, possible fold engine... OH YEAH, that baby WILL be mine! :lol:

Actually, in regards to the forward slope in fighter mode.... I kind of like it... makes it look really mean from the front. B)

Anyone know if it will be made with the original colour scheme? The 19 is the only yamato toy I don't have as I missed out when it was released.. :( I have the 19a but I always wanted the 'ol white and red one.