1/60 Gbp

1 VF-1 2NV

when i feel my 1/60 leg join came loose, i have 3 simple steps to fix the problem..

- prepare a color paint (or your wife's nail paint) and a small brush (or a tooth pick)

- apply the paint to the leg joins

- leave it dry

see here...

this small tip has help me a lot with my toys, also help me to resist the 1/48... :rolleyes:

just my 2 cents... :)

$im@n

I going have to try that. I have one 1/60 VF-1J with will not stand up at all. Before I say this I was just going to put the GBP armor on and lean it against the back of my display cabinet.

I want to say is, if yamatio make the hip armor thiner and smaller,

the look must be better than now.

I have a minor photoshop retouch for the hip proportion, let see and give some comment :)

are those hands the hands the 1/60's come with?...they kinda look like the hasegawa battroid hands :blink:

slightly off topic but,

if anyone plans on throwing out their VF-1J w/GBP box, let me know. i only got 2 armor sets cause i have 2 1J hikarus already(extra FP on the 1D :D ) and couldn't justify buying a 3rd. :p

BTW, nice pics doods! :)

Thanks for the small review, Graham. I am a little disappointed that pieces pop off easily but I guess that is expected. I plan on getting one but will wait to find a good deal. I also recently became a father and need to watch my spending. It's going to be tough with the Toynami Alpha's and all the new Alternators.

hey , I´ve got no problem with the loose crotch part as far as QC issues goes , I could use some double sided tape in the worst case sceneario but the idea of a fixed gbp is not that bad , the gbp is fixed in battroid anyway so...

Can´t wait to get mine , then i´ll probably buy a 1/48 and customise it.

I going have to try that.  I have one 1/60 VF-1J with will not stand up at all.  Before I say this I was just going to put the GBP armor on and lean it against the back of my display cabinet.

Another easy solution is to get a screwdriver and tighten the philips screw on the hips (the piece where the intakes are). By doing this the hip pegs which are ball-jointed become tight again and the battroid has NO MORE tendency to falling forward or backwards! :lol:

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Gonna try and get a longer review with photos up at the weekend. It won't be a very complementary review though :angry:

The more I handle this toy, the more convinced I am that the person responsible for approving this POS for production (Yes, you know who you are if you are reading this) should be taken out behind Yamato's office and be soundly flogged.

While the overall sculpt is nice and the plastic used is good quality, the constantly falling off front groin peice and inadequate hip joint connection should never, ever have made it into production.

These days, since the bar has been raised so high with the 1/48, this kind of sloppiness is just unacceptable.

Graham

Dang graham I feel the pain you're having especially when you pay so much money in item you expect a certain amount of quality. Maybe they'll fix the problem in the second production run like the yf 19. :lol:

Dang graham I feel the pain you're having especially when you pay so much money in item you expect a certain amount of quality.  Maybe they'll fix the problem in the second production run like the yf 19.  :lol:

They won't.

It's Yamato's "Good Enough" syndrome they have had lately. Loose GBP armor (seriously, how hard would it have been to make it attach properly :angry: ), crappy Millia pilot with the Q-rau, expecting us to buy a good one in this Millia 3-pack upcoming, crappy VF-0 that's not even really variable but basically a fix figuration figure instead, and vaporware YF-19 there is no reason not to have finished by now and released. Yamato has been on a down trend lately, and I hope that starting with the VB-6 they get back on track.

I mean seriously, they are becoming like Toynami.

I am going to keep my pre-order, because I want to armor up my Hikaru 1J, but that's it. No GBP -1A.

Edited by Anubis

They won't.

It's Yamato's "Good Enough" syndrome they have had lately. Loose GBP armor (seriously, how hard would it have been to make it attach properly :angry: ), crappy Millia pilot with the Q-rau, expecting us to buy a good one in this Millia 3-pack upcoming, crappy VF-0 that's not even really variable but basically a fix figuration figure instead, and vaporware YF-19 there is no reason not to have finished by now and released. Yamato has been on a down trend lately, and I hope that starting with the VB-6 they get back on track.

I am going to keep my pre-order, because I want to armor up my Hikaru 1J, but that's it. No GBP -1A.

Y'know... I feel your pain, bro... but I think you're more than a little over the top in your accusations. Yamato is nothing like Toynami, even if they've had some releases lately that aren't quite as good as a year ago.

The GBP armor I can't speak about, because I don't have it yet.

The Millia pilot for the Q-Rau isn't exactly crappy, and when fans complained they decided to make a better one, including some variations that are most fanboys' dreams... I can't fault them for that. At least they're listening.

The VF-0 is a bad design and very far from perfect transformation - but it's not as though they're hiding this fact and then forcing you to buy it.

The YF-19FP - this one in particular I'm getting tired of hearing about in rants. They've said they were going to make one and they haven't yet. They haven't even shown prototypes. If they make it fine, if they don't - fine. It's their decision and again, it's really up to them to decide if such a release is what they want to focus on at this time.

There may be a horde of reasons it hasn't been released at this time. For one, they may feel that their Scopedog or Koenig will make them more money. Another could be problems with the sculpt or production.

It seems pretty simple to me that they didn't just slap Fast Packs on the old sculpt (like the YF-21 and VF-11B) because they wanted to make something better. All of the ranting about it is simply customer impatience. "I want it now. Give it!"

You guys really need to learn that Yamato is running a business, not a wish fulfillment center.

Yamato has made pretty great strides forward as a company. Their early releases were exceptionally shoddy. I haven't seen ANYTHING they've put out that rivals the craptastic quality of the VF-11 with exploding hips. Nowadays, we have members here crying because they made a paint line too fuzzy.

With each 1/60, they got a bit better and constantly tried to innovate on their toy designs. With the 1/48, they scored a home run. Recently we've seen them branch out into new designs, new licenses, etc. There's bound to be some growing pains involved.

But I know for a fact that I can look at my toy shelf and see some top notch toys there, all made by Yamato. I'm not trying to flame you or anything, Anubis - but seriously, I don't see these problems as anything nearly as bad as what Toynami has put out, or even better, what Yamato has done in the past.

They won't.

It's Yamato's "Good Enough" syndrome they have had lately.  Loose GBP armor (seriously, how hard would it have been to make it attach properly :angry: ), crappy Millia pilot with the Q-rau, expecting us to buy a good one in this Millia 3-pack upcoming, crappy VF-0 that's not even really variable but basically a fix figuration figure instead, and vaporware YF-19 there is no reason not to have finished by now and released.  Yamato has been on a down trend lately, and I hope that starting with the VB-6 they get back on track.

I am going to keep my pre-order, because I want to armor up my Hikaru 1J, but that's it.  No GBP -1A.

Y'know... I feel your pain, bro... but I think you're more than a little over the top in your accusations. Yamato is nothing like Toynami, even if they've had some releases lately that aren't quite as good as a year ago.

The Millia pilot for the Q-Rau isn't exactly crappy, and when fans complained they decided to make a better one, including some variations that are most fanboys' dreams... I can't fault them for that. At least they're listening.

The VF-0 is a bad design and very far from perfect transformation - but it's not as though they're hiding this fact and then forcing you to buy it.

The YF-19FP - this one in particular I'm getting tired of hearing about in rants. They've said they were going to make one and they haven't yet. They haven't even shown prototypes. If they make it fine, if they don't - fine. It's their decision and again, it's really up to them to decide if such a release is what they want to focus on at this time.

There may be a horde of reasons it hasn't been released at this time. For one, they may feel that their Scopedog or Koenig will make them more money. Another could be problems with the sculpt or production.

It seems pretty simple to me that they didn't just slap Fast Packs on the old sculpt (like the YF-21 and VF-11B) because they wanted to make something better. All of the ranting about it is simply customer impatience. "I want it now. Give it!"

You guys really need to learn that Yamato is running a business, not a wish fulfillment center.

Yamato has made pretty great strides forward as a company. Their early releases were exceptionally shoddy. I haven't seen ANYTHING they've put out that rivals the craptastic quality of the VF-11 with exploding hips. Nowadays, we have members here crying because they made a paint line too fuzzy.

With each 1/60, they got a bit better and constantly tried to innovate on their toy designs. With the 1/48, they scored a home run. Recently we've seen them branch out into new designs, new licenses, etc. There's bound to be some growing pains involved.

But I know for a fact that I can look at my toy shelf and see some top notch toys there, all made by Yamato. I'm not trying to flame you or anything, Anubis - but seriously, I don't see these problems as anything nearly as bad as what Toynami has put out, or even better, what Yamato has done in the past.

**Applause**

Well said!!!

I want to say is, if yamatio make the hip armor thiner and smaller,

the look must be better than now.

I have a minor photoshop retouch for the hip proportion, let see and give some comment  :)

are those hands the hands the 1/60's come with?...they kinda look like the hasegawa battroid hands :blink:

it's just the original one, you've illusion :p

They won't.

It's Yamato's "Good Enough" syndrome they have had lately.  Loose GBP armor (seriously, how hard would it have been to make it attach properly :angry: ), crappy Millia pilot with the Q-rau, expecting us to buy a good one in this Millia 3-pack upcoming, crappy VF-0 that's not even really variable but basically a fix figuration figure instead, and vaporware YF-19 there is no reason not to have finished by now and released.  Yamato has been on a down trend lately, and I hope that starting with the VB-6 they get back on track.

I am going to keep my pre-order, because I want to armor up my Hikaru 1J, but that's it.  No GBP -1A.

**Applause**

Well said!!!

OK, I overstated, I admit that, but they have been on the wrong path lately. That's what I was trying to convey.

As for the -19, I too am not really waiting anymore, though it would be nice. Just ordered a Hasegawa that I'll try my hand at. My VF-19A will be sufficient for Battroid.

My point is there are many things that are obvious they didn't put the effort they could have into it. I absolutely love the Q-rau I bought. Looking at the new figure set though you do have to question why that much nicer type of pilot figure didn't come with the q-rau to begin with. Listening in after thought or not. The VF-0 is obviously being made by an inferior shop. For how long they took to develop the GBP armor and even delaying it a few months, the legs should have been able to secure properly. Massive props to them for making the GBP, but they could have secured the nose cover and legs better out of common sense.

I'm sorry if I sounded over-reacting, but there are a few things that don't sit right.

This is Yamato here, the makers of the 1/48 VF-1! Mistakes like these should be beneath them, but have become common.

Edited by Anubis

Just to clarify for those with malfunctioning humour detectors, my post about transforming the 1J was indeed a joke. IT HUTR MY CAT!

But not as much of a joke as the QC on recent Yamato products! Yikes. I am still buying one (which is why Yamato can afford to sell its crappier products) but man. How do these things happen?

has there been any info on the Yamato BBS?

OK, I overstated, I admit that, but they have been on the wrong path lately. That's what I was trying to convey.

As for the -19, I too am not really waiting anymore, though it would be nice. Just ordered a Hasegawa that I'll try my hand at. My VF-19A will be sufficient for Battroid.

My point is there are many things that are obvious they didn't put the effort they could have into it. I absolutely love the Q-rau I bought. Looking at the new figure set though you do have to question why that much nicer type of pilot figure didn't come with the q-rau to begin with. Listening in after thought or not. The VF-0 is obviously being made by an inferior shop. For how long they took to develop the GBP armor and even delaying it a few months, the legs should have been able to secure properly. Massive props to them for making the GBP, but they could have secured the nose cover and legs better out of common sense.

I'm sorry if I sounded over-reacting, but there are a few things that don't sit right.

This is Yamato here, the makers of the 1/48 VF-1! Mistakes like these should be beneath them, but have become common.

I agree with you, for the most part -

But it's important to remember to put things into perspective -

Not only is this Yamato, makers of the 1/48 VF-1 -

They're also still Yamato, makers of the 1/72 VF-11B. :lol:

Is there anyone that's going to make custom decals for the armor kit?....

TakaToys...Anasazi37....anyone? :rolleyes:

i just hate the shitty yammie stickers <_<

i'm sure others on the boards hate them too :rolleyes:

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Thanks for the review Graham...and congrats on the new little Sith almost here...to bad that it sounds like (again) Yamato has come close to the mark, but not really hit it square. The 1/48 has shown what they can do...they need to reach that high again.

Ahh well..Ill still buy it...and Ill probably look to the paint/nail polish trick to keep it together.

just got mine today, thanks Neova! :)

okay some thing to keep in mind....

i'm at work today so i haven't had a chance to slap the armor on a valk yet but i did open the box. :D

first off, the hands are RETARDED. :blink: the armor itself has a nice weight and the quality of plastic seems to be nice. i noticed some paint marks here and there but nothing to get huffy about. i don't know the deal with the crotch armor since i haven't put mine on but i did pull it apart and i see what graham was talking about. though mine is pretty tight, i can understand why he has a valid complaint. with heavy play, i don't see those skinney little pegs holding up for too long. they are sure to break after sometime especially if it takes a "desk dive" to the floor.

my only real complaint is with the leg armor. its cool that all the hatches open but couldn't they have made it so it stays closed? don't get me wrong, they don't open with the slightest breeze or anything like that but a little "catch tab" or something would've been nice.

other than that, i don't see anything wrong with the armor...yet. ;) all i can say is, it sure beats paying $200+ for the only other GBP armor thats out there. :lol: i'd suggest everyone pick up atleast one set, even if you dislike the 1/60's. well, unless you have the 1/55 GBP, then theres no reason to pick this up.

**added**

alright so i slapped them badboys on and now i know exactly what graham was talking about. the only solution is to make it so the nose cones doesn't rotate/pivot, or glue the piece together so it never falls off. indeed this is far from poseable. you can make it take a "step" but thats it. :rolleyes: oh and you can sort of move the arms. :lol: no matter, cause it sure does beat the GP armor i didn't have.

unpopular opinion but, i think we might have been better off with a superposable GBP. :p:D:lol:

Edited by haterist

Picked up my "armor only" package today as well for $40.00. Not bad. My legs and crotch piece have not fallen off. The problem I see is that with all the armor on , the figure is not "animation posable" as it is without. You can't pivit the legs with the armor on, so it looks kind of stiff. This is because the leg swivel joint is buried in the armor, with no way to turn as the armor is a tight fit. If you try the legs will pop off! Odly enough, if a MPC version of this armor is made, you will be able to turn the leg. Those swivel joints are high, and above the armored area.....HMMMMMMM.

I think overall I'm happy I didn't pay the extra 60 bucks just to get a different figure. The armor fits fine on the Super Vf-1J I already own. And with all that armor, you can't see the darn figure anyway!!! Decals look good, but I still wish Yammies came with real decals, and not stickers. I always trim mine down, as I hate all the extra flash that is seen around the sticker.

Just my 2 cents.

Does anybody know how to keep the thrusters on the back from falling off?

you have to slide it all the way up. i thought i had it locked into place for a while but it should go up quite a bit. when it fully locked into position, it should move around a little. if it doesn't jiggle, then either its not on all the way or you got a really good one. ;)

its a little early for that one but i would like to get a more "moveable" hip armor.

as it stands now, theres no hip/leg movement what so ever and i'd really like to pose my valks with the legs spread apart.....okay thats sounds bad. :p but you know what i mean.

i took the hip armor off to see what it would look like and it looks a heck of a lot better with the legs spread open a little than it standing straight up at attention but the hip/intake section looks so small in comparison so i threw them back on.

Got my GBP kit today, no falling legs but it is suffering of the crotch problem, the armor keeps falling off that area each time I try to move it.

Something interesting is that it says Ages14&Up, the box of the 1/60 Valks say 8&Up, so those that means that the GBP was actually thought to be more of display than actual play?

I think I am going to give the scotch treatment to the armor if the crotch part keeps falling off...

That sounded so wrong... :ph34r:

I think I am going to give the scotch treatment to the armor if the crotch part keeps falling off...

That sounded so wrong... :ph34r:

What...make it wear a skirt? (kilt)