1/60 Gbp

1 VF-1 2NV

Got mine from Kevin... (THANKS KEVIN! )

Must say...Grahams review was spot on...its a nice set...and as someone who doesn't "play" with his toys but rather displays them I'm happy to have it....but the crotch piece is ludicrously loose...and the legs drop out if I sneeze while in the same room.

Ahh well...Hey Yamato! You better beg Graham to come back and do your QC!

:blink:

:unsure:

finally got around to sticking it on my max 1s.

thanks, kev.

it looks cool but woud be better if you put it on a differant vf-1s because it is the max blue that makes the max s so cool looking and the armor covers it up.

i am curious is it a transplant -s head or resin recast .

heh, Max was the only one that didn't have fast packs on, so until i dig out my cannon fodder out of the basement, he's got to wear it.

it was just a head from a Focker that I transplanted and painted the arrows blue.

and just removed the 013 off the wing and stuck an 001 sticker on it. i ended up putting a black heatshield on him later instead of the blue.

i had some pics up at valkyrie hanger, let me find the link, he's got all sorts of people's customs there.

oh well, site's been deactivated, hopefully someone finds the owner and tells him to reactivate it.

here's some pics of it if you want to see:

Max-1S

Edited by Chowser

me too, but it's a bit expensive, but I think Vermillion One is selling his custom 1/48 Max 1S with fast packs. But I just spent $600 on a wakizashi, so my funds are a little low or else I would just buy it from him as well as his Hikaru 1S, so I can have my 3 1S Fleet.

wonder if he would sell them without the fast packs...

me too, but it's a bit expensive, but I think Vermillion One is selling his custom 1/48 Max 1S with fast packs. But I just spent $600 on a wakizashi, so my funds are a little low or else I would just buy it from him as well as his Hikaru 1S, so I can have my 3 1S Fleet.

wonder if he would sell them without the fast packs...

That Max 1S is a good deal... if I had the cash... :rolleyes:

maybe i should go 1/60 crazy? :unsure:

its actually not that bad making a 1/48 1S max and involved very little time to make one.

i bought an extra 1S hik pulled the S head and 001 wing off it. i had the 1A max(don't really care for the 1A head) and swapped the head and wing. i slapped the 1A head on what used to be a 1S hik, and made it a 1A hikaru. its only sitting there for spare parts in case i break a DYRL valk and to offer up to the spare parts thread.

i did the same thing for custom LV 1J. bought the J, pulled the head off, offered what i could to the spare parts thread to make some of the money back and again, i'm keeping the rest, just in case i break a TV valk....well a 1J hik anyway.

not really cost effective but i'd like to think of it as being prepared(as far as me breaking something) as opposed to i bought a bunch of dups for no reason. :p

i have my 1/48 S fleet(roy, hik, max), J fleet(hik, M&M's), plus 3 super 1J(1 in each mode, my fav.), a regular 1J(non FP), 1J/A LV and all i need now is a 1S LV and i'll be a happy man. :D

I got my own gbp yesterday (thx for fast shipping kev) and do like it. However, the crotch piece doesn't even come close to staying together and it kind of pisses me off. It seems like Yamato just has to do one annoying qc flaw to each toy to avoid perfection like it's some kind of sin. Everything else fits like a charm. The legs do come out easily but only if you are trying to do a spread eagle so I don't mind that.

I got mine in today and I have the same problem. Also the legs come off way to easy. but if you don't play with and just have it up for display it is a nice addition to the 1/60 line up. B)) Next the 1/48 set. :D:p

yup.

especially in the widestance/spread-eagle mode. it's just an awesome figure to display.

I've yet the DYRL-stance. Wish I had those clear tri-stands that are sold out from Twinmoons.

why don't you pick them up from me? my price is $11 each(wholesale) and we could use your support getting to the 100 stand mark. click the link in my sig if you're interested.

yup.

especially in the widestance/spread-eagle mode. it's just an awesome figure to display.

I've yet the DYRL-stance. Wish I had those clear tri-stands that are sold out from Twinmoons.

why don't you pick them up from me? my price is $11 each(wholesale) and we could use your support getting to the 100 stand mark. click the link in my sig if you're interested.

damn!

i should've known about your offer earlier. already blew my budget for the month of july. :(

yup.

damn!

i should've known about your offer earlier. already blew my budget for the month of july. :(

oh well, what can you do?

i made some ridiculous 1/48 purchases lately and i'm strapped for cash as well. ....come on mega millions! :D:lol: