My Q-rau exploded

Sumdumgai

You know what I've found in cases like this is keep asking and asking until you get someone who knows what the heck is going on. Once they agree to help you out, be really nice and get their name so you can always refer back to the situation.

Also, did you pay using a credit card? I would imagine if I paid using my Amex and this happened, I'd simply get on the phone with Amex and explain the situation to them to try and refuse payment.

Good luck. It's a pain in the rear but sometimes I figure cutting the losses is better than dealing with the stress.

I doubt they will give you that paper saying that they damaged it or they received it damaged. Apparently that way, they can be sued for accepting liabilty so they will just deny everything and tell you to bugger off. Bad thing to do but standard cover my @$$ policy.

Write in to the papers already man!

I would, if it would do anythinng.

But, honestly would this article cause much sympathy?

"Nerd gets package crushed, Chronopost refuses to reimburse closet otaku" :lol:

As for going to law enforcement or anything, they'd probably kick me out of their station. "Hi, Chronopost is giving me the shaft. They broke my expensive toy and won't pay me back."

We were looking for some customer protection associations, but they charge a membership fee of €25-45 to do anything.

So, now it's time to bring out my true American spirit, and bitch at them till there's no tomorrow! My fiançée was going to go over to the office that's screwing us, but they're at the airport and not open to the public (they just destroy the packages at the airport... <_< ).

When I get more news I'll post an update here. (Should I just update by editing a post, so I don't keep bumping this thread?)

Is there any agency that records public businesses service and products... like the Better Business Bureau? You could report them to someone like that....

Or maybe you could put out an email campaign to friends and family about them, and have them forward your message to their friends and family to try and gather more people who have had trouble with Chronopost... If you get enough people that would be willing to make a statement as such, then a call to your local media may actually do something... If you could establish a pattern of bad customer service and damaging of merchandise they have shipped...

Just a thought....

(Somewhat on-topic re: shippers)

I tried something new today with UPS as a kind of an experiment B)) . I have a UPS corporate account which I use to ship 15-20 packages a day, of which roughly about 3-5% have some sort of in transit mishap. I was shipping a particularly fragile fiberglass part which, while not especially valuable, I did in fact want to reach my customer undamaged.

Knowing that marking the box as 'Fragile' is usually an invitation for the idiots in the loading depot to kick/punch/throw/jump on/drive over whatever it is that I'm shipping, I decided to try another tactic. So I insured it for $1000.00 and marked the box in big, block letters: CAUTION - HEAVILY INSURED.

We'll see how it goes :lol:

LOL - Nice!!!!!

Just do it the American way. Keep complaining until they're so sick of your whining that they give you what ever you want. ;)

And you wonder why the world hates us? :p

thiers allways one person at the top.

Anyways, like CID said what is chronopost, subsitiery of UPS?

• 2 weeks later...

Write to the paper. They love to bash companies anyway.

Many places are all fine and dandy with screwing they customers, until they finally get bad publicity, then they play nice. Unfortunate that it takes smearing your foe publically to get anything done.

If there has been any e-amil correspondance, attach that to your submittal.

Then there's always drop off rodents or other unpleasantries at their doorstep. Shipping companies always have some doors or garage doors open somewhere.

Write to the paper. They love to bash companies anyway.

Many places are all fine and dandy with screwing they customers, until they finally get bad publicity, then they play nice. Unfortunate that it takes smearing your foe publically to get anything done.

If there has been any e-amil correspondance, attach that to your submittal.

Then there's always drop off rodents or other unpleasantries at their doorstep. Shipping companies always have some doors or garage doors open somewhere.

Go with Anubis' first sugestion, not the second. :D

Man that really sucks!!!! How can you smash a package like that? :angry:

Hope they give you a solutionon this matter

Package falls out of truck

Truck drivers stops

Truck driver puts truck into reverse

Truck driver rolls over package

Repeat!

Repeat!

& Repeat!

That bites man! Is the toy it self ok though? If you get all you're cash back & manage to get a nice minty one I'll gladly take that one off you're hands :p

(Somewhat on-topic re: shippers)

I tried something new today with UPS as a kind of an experiment B)) . I have a UPS corporate account which I use to ship 15-20 packages a day, of which roughly about 3-5% have some sort of in transit mishap. I was shipping a particularly fragile fiberglass part which, while not especially valuable, I did in fact want to reach my customer undamaged.

Knowing that marking the box as 'Fragile' is usually an invitation for the idiots in the loading depot to kick/punch/throw/jump on/drive over whatever it is that I'm shipping, I decided to try another tactic. So I insured it for $1000.00 and marked the box in big, block letters: CAUTION - HEAVILY INSURED.

We'll see how it goes :lol:

You know you only get what the item is actaully worth right? If it damages you won't actaully get $1000 out of it :D

You know you only get what the item is actaully worth right? If it damages you won't actaully get $1000 out of it :D

Ah, yes, I am aware of this, however as I am the manufacturer of said part, the "worth" is whatever I bloody well choose it to be :lol: , and on the plus side, I have some very cooperative customers ;).

At any rate, the package arrived safely at my customer's doorstep, so it's immaterial anyway.

Basically Chronopost is still giving me the shaft.

They're based in France, they have nothing to do with UPS (I see the occasional UPS truck here).

Since I think I'm screwed anyway, I took the Q-rau out of the packaging to asses how bad the damage was. This is gonna hurt to look at for you guys with Q-raus. I'm going to post the pics in a few hours, I still gotta get them out of my digital camera (plus I gotta go somewhere for a little bit).

You don't want these pieces, everything is damaged. And, I mean everything... <_<

Gonna try to contact chronopost again, but I doubt anythng is going to happen... :angry:

this may help - contact the courier company and ask that they get their security people to investigate the matter as it looks like one of their employees has tried to steal or tamper with the contents in transit. this always(!) gets the truth out of the guy who smashed the package and 9/10 times the company backs down and they reimburse costs on their own insurance. i have done this (both personally and with work) with UPS and TNT. i even got a new PC out of it once when they smashed mine in transit!!!

And here's just a pic for fun.

UN Spacy pays respects to the downed pilot.

The funny thing is that the pilot figure is like the only thing that was undamaged! :lol:<_<:(:(

edit: added a couple of unhappy smileys...

edit2: My fiancée just finished calling them again. Basically they told us they don't care, it's none of their business, and that it's the fault of EMS and EMS should pay, because the package was sent from Japan... And of course, since it was sent by EMS and not by Chronopost (even though Chronopost handles EMS packages sent to France) they say that it doesn't concern them.

Plus they were really nasty about it. That's French customer service for you... <_< The whole company is full of it, I swear.

When my fiancée tried calling the main office of Chronopost, they redirected her back to customer service, saying "we don't deal with complaints, customer service does." So it's all wonderful, we have to complain to customer service about customer service.... <_<:angry:

Basically we're probably not getting reimbursed. Unfortunately I don't have the time to go to one of those customer protection agencies, since I'm leaving to go on vacation and visit my family back in the US. Plus to get them to do anything you have to pay something like €40-50.

*sigh* Well I'm hoping to go to the Macross panel at AX this year at the least. :) So this is probably the end of this thread, since Chronopost refuses to cooperate. I'll see what the sender can do there in Japan, but I doubt he can do much. At least he's been really cooperative and has been really helpful!

My soon to be father-in-law guestimated the amount of weight it would have taken to crush the box and q-rau this badly. His estimation was 300-500 pounds minimum to do damage like that.

So the lesson is:

-Don't ever get stuff delivered to you from EMS Japan if you live in France, because Chronopost will shaft you if the package is damaged.

-If you do do that, if the package has been damaged don't accept it.

-French customer service sucks.

post-4-1087568075_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sumdumgai

When the VB-6 comes out you can make a little diorama with it in gerwalk stepping on the Q-rau triumphantly. Maybe a GBP armored 1/60 CF if you want it in scale.

That really sucks about that. How in the hell this guy can sleep after doing this stuff to people's packages is beyond me. You are probalby not the only person whose package was destroyed by this guy. The only thing I can chalk this much damage to is running the box over with a forklift, or loweing a pallet on top of it.

Just looking at the backpack is painful. A golem would have had to step on it to do that much damage, so we're talking machinery/vehicle.

Chronopost get the official "worst shipping company ever" title.

I'm serious though, send pictures of all this stuff to a consumer group. They would love some hard evidence pictures like this to compile.

Edited by Anubis

holy crap...

:(

That sucks, the only thing practically holding it together was the smashed box...

it is so sad to see that... damn

It remind me of Emilia's Q-Rau in the end of the M7 movie

Edited by RichterX

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring this back up from the dead, but WOOHOO!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

The deputy shopper that I got the Q-rau through kept on trying to get us a refund and he got us the refund!!!! After my fiancee and I had given up, he's been trying for the past couple of months to get a refund and the post office eventually disregarded Chronopost and gave the refund!

Heh, this is like icing on the cake! :D Since, I got a Q-rau finally on my birthday recently, and ... It was a whole Q-rau! :lol: Not broken, not in pieces, no qc issues! Flat-butt Miria and everything!

Ahhhh... This has been a good day! My Macross The Tribute CD arrived today as well!

Oh yeah, the deputy shop was Crescent Shop! After having done so much for me, Masamichi (the shop owner) deserves some advertising! If you need a good deputy shop go to this guy!

http://www.crescent-shop.com/

congratulations i am glad you got a refund, i was wondering what happened to you since the last post you made, glad to see you got your Q rau

The damage was much worse than the other pics showed. Believe me, you couldn't use these parts to fix anything on another Q-rau. :(

wow, that's good to hear that everything worked out great. Now that you have this left over Q-rau, you can use it to custom some sort of battle scene where a q-rau's in pieces with a VF-1S standing over it. that'd be cool! Well of course you would paint the q-rau to the green version. Can't have miriya die now. :p:D:lol:

I'm telling you, use a 1/60 CF posed standing triumphant among the debris.

Or use a PG Gundam.

Sorry to bring this back up from the dead, but WOOHOO!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

The deputy shopper that I got the Q-rau through kept on trying to get us a refund and he got us the refund!!!! After my fiancee and I had given up, he's been trying for the past couple of months to get a refund and the post office eventually disregarded Chronopost and gave the refund!

Heh, this is like icing on the cake! :D Since, I got a Q-rau finally on my birthday recently, and ... It was a whole Q-rau! :lol: Not broken, not in pieces, no qc issues! Flat-butt Miria and everything!

Ahhhh... This has been a good day! My Macross The Tribute CD arrived today as well!

Oh yeah, the deputy shop was Crescent Shop! After having done so much for me, Masamichi (the shop owner) deserves some advertising! If you need a good deputy shop go to this guy!

http://www.crescent-shop.com/

VICTOLY!

Good to hear you got that cleaned up finally.

And Anubis is right. Cannon fodder all the way.

Good to know that you finally got your refund, Sumdumgai.

BTW, I also have a copy of Macross: The Tribute. The best songs are "Macross" by Yoshiki Fukuyama (singing voice of Basara), "Ai, Oboete Imasu ka?" by Yoko Ueno (1/2 of Azumanga Daioh's Oranges & Lemons) and "Angel Voice" by Mari Iijima. Everything else is okay.