1/48 Fast Packs Sold Out?!?

vf1_soulja

I've been checking out my usual valk pimps - VEX, BBTS, Twin Moons... And they're all sold out. :( One would assume Yamato would produce enough to outfit all the 1/48s the produced and a bit more for future releases.

I've already picked up 2 sets from Kevin/VEX but after drooling over the pics in this forum I wanna pick up a few more for the rest of my 1/48s, including the verified future releases.

man, there's no way yamato is making less fastpacks sets then however many 1/48's they've produced so far, that would be stupid. They have to make more fastpacks than the 1/48 valks, that would make more sense. I wouldn't worry about these fastpacks selling out for good. :p:D:lol:

Actually, it does not makes sense for them to make as many, or more FPs than they did Valks. Not everyone who bought a 1/48 valk will be buying the FPs. And, for sure, not everyone who has several 1/48 valks will be buying FPs for each one.

That being said, I don't know how many they made. . . but it would not make sense for them to do the FPs on a 1-to-1 ratio with the 1/48 valk production line. They'd be swimming in excess FPs.

The only way I can see there being as FPs as valks is if they are producing some with a lot of future valk releases in mind. :)

Just my 2 cents.

H

This may just be a short term shortage. It may just be a case of retailers underestimating demand or it may be that Yamato has not gotten all the orders filled yet. They (retailers and/or Yamato) may not have anticipated how many people would buy multiple sets.

I would think that Yamato would continue to produce batches of FAST packs as long as they sell valks without FPs.

Actually, it does not makes sense for them to make as many, or more FPs than they did Valks. Not everyone who bought a 1/48 valk will be buying the FPs. And, for sure, not everyone who has several 1/48 valks will be buying FPs for each one.

Thats true. For example, If I had the line up of the current 1/48s, I would buy FP for the Hikaru 1A, Max 1A, and Roy 1S. I would not, however, pick up a FP set for the upcoming Hikaru 1J; since in the TV show it never had a FP equipped.

If the packs truly did sell out, YAMATO would be foolish to not make more. Just be patient, all in good time. You'll see, in about 6 months to a year from now, I'll be getting my first 1/48 and fast pack set.... all at once in a gift pack, and at a fraction of what you have paid.

Dat

Does anyone know of an E-tailer that sells them cheaper than what HLJ sells them for the price they came up for me to pay for id 156 bucks just ten dollars more than what I paid for the 1/48 VF-1A/S. I seem to recall someone mentioning Animematrix or what ever it's called that were selling them cheaper, but I could not find it in the old forums someone pleas let me know. :mellow:

I should have more confirmed by the end of the week.

-K

Cool... Kevin to the rescue :)

I used to buy from HLJ, but the shipping options sucked (at least in my experience). SAL was cheap, but it took a month for orders to get to me. EMS wasn't any better - over $30 US to ship a 1/48 and it took longer than UPS (about 2 weeks). :angry:

I just feel the need to armor up all my 1/48 valks :D

:D

Living in Taiwan....usually have to wait about one month after release in Japan, HK, and even USA!

But ordering from Japan is expensive on shipping, especially from HLJ!

So now I order from HK directly, and shipping is cheaper, and you the bad economy that is in HK, you can get good deals there!

So guys, join our Macross shopping spree in HK next January 2004!!!! :lol::p

Paulo

PS: I got 4 fast packs already just in case! (Isn't life sweet?) ;)

If I had the line up of the current 1/48s, I would buy FP for the Hikaru 1A, Max 1A, and Roy 1S. I would not, however, pick up a FP set for the upcoming Hikaru 1J; since in the TV show it never had a FP equipped.

Ah, but here's where Yamato has an ace up its sleeve: the FP for the 1J are different (TV style instead of DYRL style). Even if they don't come out with Max & Millia 1J's, they can be pretty sure that the collector-fanboys won't be able to resist the urge to own all the variations.

Not that I disagree with the basic point that Yamato would be foolish to make as many FP's as VF-1's. Hopefully they've done some market research and they'll get the numbers right.

Ah, but here's where Yamato has an ace up its sleeve: the FP for the 1J are different (TV style instead of DYRL style). Even if they don't come out with Max & Millia 1J's, they can be pretty sure that the collector-fanboys won't be able to resist the urge to own all the variations.

Not that I disagree with the basic point that Yamato would be foolish to make as many FP's as VF-1's. Hopefully they've done some market research and they'll get the numbers right.

Agreed.

BTW, wasn't it the old ET game for the Atari where the marketing people had them so convinced of astronomical sales (which never materialized, obviously) that they actually manufactured more game cartridges than there were Atari consoles in existence? :lol: They were rumored to have eventually been buried in some landfill out in the desert somewhere. Sad but true lessons in business strategy.

As Hurin said, it doesn't make sense for Yamto to produce as many FPs as the total number of Valks produced, as not everybody who bought a Valk will buy an FP.

I've no idea of the production run size, but if the FPs do sell out quickly and retailers start demanding more stock, I'm sure Yamato will do a second production run.

Dont worry, be happy :D

Graham

Agreed.

BTW, wasn't it the old ET game for the Atari where the marketing people had them so convinced of astronomical sales (which never materialized, obviously) that they actually manufactured more game cartridges than there were Atari consoles in existence? :lol: They were rumored to have eventually been buried in some landfill out in the desert somewhere. Sad but true lessons in business strategy.

http://www.snopes.com/business/market/atari.asp

Just more games manufactured than decks in service. Not more than decks made.

And that was actually Pac-Man anyways.

The #s for ET were much more rational(too bad the game sucked so bad that everyone returned it).

And yes, milliones of ETs were crushed and buried.

Along with every other game that didn't sell well that year.

They were more responsible back then than modern game companies.

Then, if a game didn't sell, the stores shipped it back. Now it's the store's problem.

THAT is the lesson companies learned. Not to strategize, but to NEVER EVER EVER buy something back unless you legally had to.

My supplier is sold out as well, save for one 1/48 Low Vis **and FAST Pack** reserved for me.

They are practically selling like pancakes. Now HLJ hurry up with those packs so my 1/48's won't be nekkid no more!

**forgot to add the topic in kwestchun**

Hi Omni,

Does your supplier happens to be Malvin from Greattoys. If so is he getting more Low Vis in and the Fast Pack? My friend is damn lazy, have been asking him to go get it for me from him since early Aug for the low vis. And also been recently asking to get for me the fast pack in the last couple of weeks.

Yo! so cal massive this is a tip from your captain williwoods. Just picked up a set of fastpacks over at treasure island sports in arcadia they have more......and they have the vt-1 + ve-1. they may not be the cheapest (79.95) but they have em in stock and any old regular joe can walk in and pick one up, they also have every 1/48 in stock. they do sell over the net and are quite a bit cheaper (59.95) but they also are on mw's blacklist so maybe read other buyers complaints. They are listed there as tisinc. website tisinc99.com contact info is listed. Or if you wait until Sat they may have some at frank & sons, good luck.

and btw .......................these fast-packs are off the hook!

Also tell em I sent ya cos I told him I would post this here.

Hi Omni,

Does your supplier happens to be Malvin from Greattoys. If so is he getting more Low Vis in and the Fast Pack? My friend is damn lazy, have been asking him to go get it for me from him since early Aug for the low vis. And also been recently asking to get for me the fast pack in the last couple of weeks.

Yeppers!

Been getting all my stuff from Malvin of Greattoys.net

Yep, I believe he's still [trying] to get new stocks of the FAST Packs from his supplier.

If you haven't gotten yours yet, you can visit him at his site. There is a message board link there that you can click on.