Yamato Newsletter (9/1)

imode

Old news.... 1/60 Q-Rau and Monster for 2004.

One interesting thing however, reissues of previous 1/48's are being released starting october. So if you missed out on the 1/48 Hikaru and you're dying to get it in the 1A version (don't look at me...), here's your chance.

One interesting thing however, reissues of previous 1/48's are being released starting october. So if you missed out on the 1/48 Hikaru and you're dying to get it in the 1A version (don't look at me...), here's your chance.

Will the reissues have QC problems resolved like the nosecone ane tail insignias?

Crap! And I just bought a Roy! Aaarrggghhhhh. :(

Oh well. He'll be in permanent battroid anyway, so if I get the crooked tailfin markings I won't see them anyway.

Edited by Anubis

Hey, if Yamato releases a ver. 2.0 of Roy's VF-1S with all the current upgrades present in the Low Vis then I'm definitely getting one. ;)

:angry::angry: Whoo could you elaborated the upgrade between the two since I don't have the Low Vis yet? Other than the slightly crook of the skull and the nonstand still canopy opening, I don't see any problem with 1/48 Roy.

....Other than the slightly crook of the skull and the nonstand still canopy opening, I don't see any problem with 1/48 Roy......

totally agree :D

There is no problem with the ver. 1 of Roy... No reason to do a second.

....Other than the slightly crook of the skull and the nonstand still canopy opening, I don't see any problem with 1/48 Roy......

totally agree :D

There is no problem with the ver. 1 of Roy... No reason to do a second.

My Skull emblem wasn't too bad actually... not enough for me to buy a new one anyway....

The only think really wrong with my Roy is the canopy won't stay up on its own, but that's an easy fix....

This is good news though for people that missed out on the Hikaru 1A.... And it also says something for the 1/48 line in general that it is a good seller.... Hmmm..... where does that leave us with the 1/60s? I hope they still complete the line....

Oh Boy..... more 1/48s.... you know they will be coming, and you know we will all be carrying our collections around in shopping carts. :ph34r:

Hey, if Yamato releases a ver. 2.0 of Roy's VF-1S with all the current upgrades present in the Low Vis then I'm definitely getting one. ;)

:D

You guys are starting to make this sounds like an OS from certain company called "M" from you know who....

I would guess they would try to improve the QC problems...and PERHAPS smaller packaging?!

Paulo

Hey, if Yamato releases a ver. 2.0 of Roy's VF-1S with all the current upgrades present in the Low Vis then I'm definitely getting one.  ;)

:angry::angry: Whoo could you elaborated the upgrade between the two since I don't have the Low Vis yet? Other than the slightly crook of the skull and the nonstand still canopy opening, I don't see any problem with 1/48 Roy.

There's the extra grooves in the nose cone making it less prone to falling off. There's the added space in the arm hollow to facilitate 90 degree elbow bends and added room to open that little arm hatch thing. And lastly (unless I'm forgetting something...) the flaps don't fall off so often.

Truthfully, I don't know what Yamato has in store regarding fixing these issues in the re-releases. If it's not mentioned in the newsletter, then I don't know. Asking Graham to elaborate would be the wiser choice.

What is all this about "missing out" on the Hikaru 1A. I've been debating getting a second one because I'd like one to keep in the box. Right now there are plenty mint/un-opened ones on Ebay. And Keven even still has some over at VE.

H

Crap. . . I hate this "collector's gene" I inherited from my dad.

If wanted to get another 1A because I have modified my first one quite a bit (the nose gear gap fix). I figured it would be cool to have one in the box as "mint". . . especially since I might panel-line my current one and do other mods.

But now, that they might be releasing an updated one, I'm bitter cuz I'd rather have the better-quality one out of the box. . . but the one that has been "fixed" can't be considered "mint." So, of course, now I'm thinking about buying 2-3 more! One of the originals to keep in the box. And two of the re-releases.

Don't worry, I'll come to my senses before I do that. But I hate fighting the urge.

No, I don't have the money to do it either. I mean, I do. But I should be spending it on other things. . . like paying off my credit card! :p

Finally, is it possible that we're confusing "re-issue" of the 1A etc. with the release of the 1S Hikaru. Doubtful. . . but I'm just curious just how clear this newsletter is about what will be (re)released.

Best Regards,

H

Re-release of the previous 1/48 yammies is a good thing for the ones who have missed the 1 release

BUT

it is a bad new for the collectors

&

it will delay the release of the 1J  :(  :(  :(  :(  Is it really such a good new afterall ?  :unsure:

Uh. . . bad news for the collectors? These have been out for only a year or two. The price increase has been negligable so far. If you're buying these for their investment value, I suggest you go to the stock market. :p

Bad news for the 1J because it will be delayed? Why? It is entirely possible that Yamato is capable of putting out both at the same time. The reissues are already designed, sculpted, etc. All they needed to do was paint them.

Who knows, maybe they have a new production line.

Sorry if I sound bitter. I just hate unqualified assertions of fact when there is really nothing certain known.

Either way, I think this re-release (if it pans out) bodes well for Yamato and the 1/48 line. Obviously, there is a large demand for them!

Hmmmm, wasn't someone on the old boards saying that the 1/48s would bankrupt Yamato? :p

H

Edited by Hurin

Re-release of the previous 1/48 yammies is a good thing for the ones who have missed the 1 release

BUT

it is a bad new for the collectors

&

it will delay the release of the 1J  :(  :(  :(  :(  Is it really such a good new afterall ?  :unsure:

Uh. . . bad news for the collectors? These have been out for only a year or two. The price increase has been negligable so far. If you're buying these for their investment value, I suggest you go to the stock market. :p

Bad news for the 1J because it will be delayed? Why? It is entirely possible that Yamato is capable of putting out both at the same time. The reissues are already designed, sculpted, etc. All they needed to do was paint them.

Who knows, maybe they have a new production line.

Sorry if I sound bitter. I just hate unqualified assertions of fact when there is really nothing certain known.

Either way, I think this re-release (if it pans out) bodes well for Yamato and the 1/48 line. Obviously, there is a large demand for them!

Hmmmm, wasn't someone on the old boards saying that the 1/48s would bankrupt Yamato? :p

H

I for one wouldn't mind a delay in the 1J. I love the 1/48, but one a month of nothing but different colors of VF-1's gets to be a strain on the bank. Don't worry Yamato, you'll get my money in the end... just please don't take it so fast!

I couldn't agree more. Investing your money in toys in the 21st century is very unwise, especially with the 1/48's. I've seen lots of Hikaru VF-1A's going for $100 or less, with few to none selling even at the MSRP. I don't see these reissues as Yamato's answer to a large demand; simple economics dictates that large demand + limited availability = increased value. Since the 1/48's have not increased in value (and the Hikaru quickly depreciating), this is merely Yamato's way of maximizing revenue by "milking the cow" even more. They're a shrewd company indeed. B) Personally, I'm loving it. In a 2-3 years, I'll be able to buy a fleet of 1/48's at a fraction of the current cost!! :lol:

Uh. . . bad news for the collectors?  These have been out for only a year or two.  The price increase has been negligable so far.  If you're buying these for their investment value, I suggest you go to the stock market.  :p

I couldn't agree more. Investing your money in toys in the 21st century is very unwise, especially with the 1/48's. I've seen lots of Hikaru VF-1A's going for $100 or less, with few to none selling even at the MSRP. I don't see these reissues as Yamato's answer to a large demand; simple economics dictates that large demand + limited availability = increased value. Since the 1/48's have not increased in value (and the Hikaru quickly depreciating), this is merely Yamato's way of maximizing revenue by "milking the cow" even more. They're a shrewd company indeed. B) Personally, I'm loving it. In a 2-3 years, I'll be able to buy a fleet of 1/48's at a fraction of the current cost!! :lol:

Well, I'm hoping the decision to release more 1/48's shows that Yamato has ditched the "Collector's Edition" mentality and gone with just making a mass produced, yet higher quality toy line.

Hi,

May I know, where to get the news?

:angry: This is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm about to plunk down for 4 sets of FaSTpacks. Whos' to say they won't "reissue" it. I'll probably get one Hikaru 1A and a Roy because I can't stand the nosecone and wings falling off during transformations. I'm very happy with my Max 1A and Low-Viz though. As for Hikaru being late, I rather wait and they get things right. Same for the monster and the Q-Rau. Love and hate Yamato for doing this... :angry::):angry::):angry:

Finally, is it possible that we're confusing "re-issue" of the 1A etc. with the release of the 1S Hikaru.  Doubtful. . . but I'm just curious just how clear this newsletter is about what will be (re)released.

Best Regards,

H

That was my first thought as well.

I know it won't be that accurate, but could somebody post a Bablefish translation of the Yamato newsletter please.

Graham

Ugh here it is through babelfish

„­ * 02. ƒ}ƒNƒƒX product information „¯ 02. The ƒ}ƒNƒƒX product information „¯ with this corner of the „®, and it keeps guiding the sale schedule of ƒ}ƒNƒƒXƒVƒŠ[ƒY which plans sale with the mark. „¬ & October sale schedule „« „° 1/48 scale complete deformation VF-1S Ichijo shine embarkation machine „« estimate value: 14,800 Yen (tax removal) „¯

„¬ * 2004 sale schedule „« „° 1/60 action scale model series „« ƒNƒ@ƒhƒ‰ƒ“ low „« price undecided „« „° 1/60 action scale model series „« death toroid monster HWR-OO-M k II „« price undecided

03. The customer communication last week to inquire to customer service, while receiving from, we introduce many ones where especially it is the inquiry. Q: Being already not to enter into the hand it does 1/48 complete deformation editions VF-1S and VF-1A? The ‚  ‚è increase the schedule of resale it is? A: The inquiry thank you. There is schedule of resale in around October. Now please wait for a while. * There are times when sale time inverts with various circumstance. Beforehand Ryo acceptance.

Ugh here it is through babelfish

? * 02. ?}?N???X product information ? 02. The ?}?N???X product information ? with this corner of the ?, and it keeps guiding the sale schedule of ?}?N???X?V???[?Y which plans sale with the mark. ? & October sale schedule ? ? 1/48 scale complete deformation VF-1S Ichijo shine embarkation machine ? estimate value: 14,800 Yen (tax removal) ?

? * 2004 sale schedule ? ? 1/60 action scale model series ? ?N?@?h???? low ? price undecided ? ? 1/60 action scale model series ? death toroid monster HWR-OO-M k II ? price undecided

03. The customer communication last week to inquire to customer service, while receiving from, we introduce many ones where especially it is the inquiry. Q: Being already not to enter into the hand it does 1/48 complete deformation editions VF-1S and VF-1A? The ?? ? increase the schedule of resale it is? A: The inquiry thank you. There is schedule of resale in around October. Now please wait for a while. * There are times when sale time inverts with various circumstance. Beforehand Ryo acceptance.

sounds humorous :lol:

what is 1/60 action scale model? :huh:

very funny statement :lol::lol::lol:

Now please wait for a while. * There are times when sale time inverts with various circumstance. Beforehand Ryo acceptance.

thanks dejr8bud

Beforehand Ryo acceptance

I have no idea what this means. But somehow it leaves me with the impression that someone named "Ryo" is running the show over there and wields incredible power.

H

Edited by Hurin