Armored Gerwalk Update 02

fulcy

Alright, I've been promising this for a while, and here it is.

post-25-1078712276.jpg

post-25-1078712304.jpg

As you can see, the shoulder armor is pretty far along - I've got most of the proportions where I want them to be, and they are a few days from being cast. Now, this doesn't mean they are almost done - as you can see from the following shots, the details are very rough - I don't have the circle-bar verniers on them, or the panels roughed out. I am going to add that detail to the casts that I make from these parts, well, because I think that's the best way to go. Then I need to add the mechanism for the hinge for the door, and the vents on the back, and they'll be done.

post-25-1078712324.jpg

post-25-1078712345.jpg

And, last but not least, is a small teaser on the next part that I'm working on - the arm armor. I think the upper curved part looks damn good (except for the seam going down the middle - that will not be there in the end), and the at the rear is good too - need to make some adjustments for clearance of the upper arm, and do some minor gap filling - but as I said before, I'm pleased with the result so far.

post-25-1078712371.jpg

The next part of the arm armor are the sides, and then I get into the fun stuff - I am going to add details similar to the missile tips on the FAST pack boosters - basically a mechanism to hold and load the next round of missiles.

So, what do you guys think?

I think the seam in the arm armor is hardly noticable....keep up the good work fulcy. Can't wait to see your next set of pictures. B))

Have you decided how you're going to attach the arm armor?

I think the seam in the arm armor is hardly noticable....keep up the good work fulcy. Can't wait to see your next set of pictures. B))

Have you decided how you're going to attach the arm armor?

The idea I had for attaching the arm armor is simple - it's going to come in two halves, and the armor is going to sandwich the forearm. I'll add some details on the inside that will lock into the arm, and keep it securely in place.

As far as the GBP armor is concerned - not too sure. If Yamato doesn't do it, I will probably do it, since I'd be that close to begin with...

Kaolian,

Good to hear from you! Last night I was looking at the line art copies you sent me a while back, and you did a great job. Thanks again, and I hope your 1/48 Max is doing well. ;)

Last I heard you needed a new caliper or something like that so you could finish revising your initial line art since you now have an actual 1/48 to reference.

How is that going?

Fulcy,

I apologize and feel like a complete ass. :( (No, please don't feel the need to rub it in and verify my sentiments.)

This thread has been up (2) days now, and I should have been the first to post, especially since I commissioned it, but I've been so caught up with the VB-6 topic that I failed to post until now.

Of course, I could be a smart ass and say that I was so shocked you posted a real bonafide update that I had a heart attack and just got released from the hospital. :p

All right, enough kidding around. What can I say, but "Wow!"

What you've done so far looks sweet, and I cannot wait to see the finished product. I know it will be absolutely amazing.

I'll be looking forward to the next update, and hopefully we won't have to wait too long...

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Forgot to mention, but someone mentioned Fulcy doing a step by step pictoral so we can follow along.

While that would be cool and I wouldn't mind seeing it myself, the last thing we need to do is create more work or do anything to that could slow the project down.

Hello Rob,,

How are you doing?

Any news or updates regarding your Stampede Valkyrie project?

I can't remember what scale you were going to make it in. Normally you go with 1/55, but that is of course because the Yamato's were not an issue at the time. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
hey whatever happened to this project? any updates on it :)

Wow, just found your post Tank - there will be another update hopefully this weekend, if all goes well - it won't be a big one, unless I kick ass and take names for the next couple of days. Keep an eye out!

This is quite the undertaking.... Looking really great so far....

I look forward to seeing more progress as well. :D