Adding fuel to the fire

EXO

I am now considering calling in all my old squadmates, including the tank commanders, helo pilots, special forces operatives, black ops boys, CIA agents, NSA agents and a few others who are even more badass. Mind you they are all macross fans, some hardcore, trust me the pranks I pulled in high school and college would be nothing. Sheol given the time, money and patietence some of them could make HG never exist. Now I'm really tempted to call them.

BTW, I am not kidding or exagerating this at all.

I just think this is funny. They're actually tracing Macross Plus for the comics. Like I'd pay money for these turds when I have real anime and manga. Daidalus has been asking me if I've bought Robotech Invasion yet. I can see now that I don't have to. What's in it that I have to pay for? Nothing that matters. Have you seen the sales numbers for the Robotech comics? Robotech is swirling the bowl and they're about to make another one!

Just to add some more blood in the water, it's been repeatedly said by a number of the Harmony Gold/robotech.com guys that they had ABSOLUTELY NO PLANS in incorporating any of the Macross sequels into Robotech. Besides breaking this "promise" (Harmony Gold keeping a promise, ha!), Harmony Gold is close to breaking Big West's LEGAL US copyright for Macross Plus if they procceed with that artwork either on the cover or within the comic. <_<

Well, seems on some other board, they discovered the picture as well

and from the comments they can't figure it out either

But they are correct about one thing:

Macross purists are having another fit with this one.
:lol:

I still think there something funny about that picture -as in: using it for a cover

Alien Invasions and acts of God aside Macross World does not endorse gathering your own A-Team to attack Harmony Gold.

We've done it before, Roy. Got websites behind us, too. The main MW page even featured the MFA logo for a time.

Alien Invasions and acts of God aside Macross World does not endorse gathering your own A-Team to attack Harmony Gold.

LOL, no need for a team. I work alone. :lol:

I gotta go with AgentOne on this one, there's no reason to get all upset just yet. I mean, it's obviously a copy of the famouse YF-19 picture, it's probably just a place holder for the rough. I would assume this is a rough, at least, given the quality of the artwork. People here tend to forget that a lot of Robotech fans are also Macross fans, some of them even unaware of the legal mess surrounding all of it. Some of them just not caring.

If this was the final, finished, official cover, and HG was trying to use post-tv series Valkyries in it's own comics and whatnot, then there'd be more than enough reason for fans to get all up in arms.

Here is another thought: (as I work in Marketing)

Could it be that HG just released this pic to create controversy so Macross fans buy the issue just to see!!!?

<_<:rolleyes:

Think about it... Its something I would do.

Here is another thought: (as I work in Marketing)

Could it be that HG just released this pic to create controversy so Macross fans buy the issue just to see!!!?

<_<:rolleyes:

Think about it... Its something I would do.

I wouldn't put that past them, but they should know by now that only one of us needs to sacrifice his pride and dish out the dough for the comic, just so he can post scans of anything "wrong" afterwards.

Then again, we must remember that this is the company that put out Robotech 3000 and then tried to back-peddle saying that it was only a joke.

We need to do something to try to notify Big West about this. Either by Graham through Yamato, or by Egan Loo directly to BW.

That's something I hinted at a page (or so) back

anyways, as -yet again- we can only sit and wait what happens, when it happens, if it happens

Everyone says it's crap

Actually: there are hundreds of misguided fools who worship a religion stolen from someone else and

will not accept it is crap, thereby keeping the crap on the shelves :D

Only the Purists on this site will know it's crap

We need to do something to try to notify Big West about this. Either by Graham through Yamato, or by Egan Loo directly to BW.

Well, I emailed Manga pointing out that the image was the same as on the cover of their M+ OAV DVD vol. 2 and asking if they were aware of what's going on. So maybe that will help set the wheels in motion.

Edited by ewilen

LOL, no need for a team. I work alone. :lol:

At this very moment your attacking their front door knob. :lol:

Well, I emailed Manga pointing out that the image was the same as on the cover of their M+ OAV DVD vol. 2 and asking if they were aware of what's going on. So maybe that will help set the wheels in motion.

Many of us have seen the records. The US Copyright Office recognizes Big West's legal claim to Macross Plus and Macross II. Its registered, you can look it up. This is a clear violation of US copyright law. 

Good job ewilen! Duke, ewilen if we hear somewhere in the newswires that HG has a lawsuit coming their way then.......it confirms it.

Edited by Angel's Fury

WTF!!! I can only find one picture to represent my emotions.

How about this one?

If what's happening is what I think is happening, I'd gladly send this guy out to deal with them...just say they called him a "mendicant..."

post-26-1077166978.gif

Whoa........before I report this to Yamato so they can pass it on to BW, I want to make sure that the YF-19 is actually going to appear on the comic cover or in the comic.

That piece of black and white art is obviously just a rough image, not the final cover. So let's just wait and see.

Anyway, even reporting it to Yamato may not achieve anything. I reported the Toynami DYRL Super Poseables a week or so ago and so far have not recieved a reply :(

I'm beginning to wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes with HG and BW that we don't know about yet.

Graham

I'm beginning to wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes with HG and BW that we don't know about yet.

Graham

Well HG says the DYRL? Super Poseables are legit but are keeping quiet on how. Yamato is also slow getting back to Graham.

Deals can be made in which both parties agree to keep certain parts of the deal a secret until it's final. Either that or both sides are playing their usual game of who get away with the most until the other sides lawyers makes a phone call.

Graham

As to DYRL, in a US release, and to a lesser extent other Macross stuff, I'd give you an 80% probability rating that this is true.

You guys have to keep in mind EVERYBODY loses if this legal stalemate continues... The fans can't get the products they want... HG has no content to distribute... And Big West sits on content that would be a hit in the US however never goes anywhere.

If they do strike a deal, even a not so great deal for one party or the other, just to get product moving EVERYBODY wins.

Lot's of things don't add up here, nor smell right yet.

It's possible a deal has been made, and both are being mum about it. Macross 7 Trash was squelched way faster than this though. As though a secret hammer fell. For these to be allowed to linger like this is strange.

It would be nice if we had at least an inkling of what was going on. The DYRL bit is confusing enough. A 19 potentially showing up in the RT comic is bordering twilight zone level crap.

I'm holding out hope that an aggreement for DYRL was hammered out. Everyone will benefit from the 20th avviversary exposure.

A 19 in RT is just :huh: . Maybe a condition HG tacked on since they can't come up with anything else new themselves? Access to some mecha designs? A nod to when Battletech used lots of macross mecha under different guises? Another reason the "YF-4" has not transformed yet being they weren't sure which transformation they were going to be able to use?

I am now in conspirasy theorist mode :ph34r:

Edited by Anubis

Lot's of things don't add up here, nor smell right yet.

It's possible a deal has been made, and both are being mum about it.  Macross 7 Trash was squelched way faster than this though.  As though a secret hammer fell.  For these to be allowed to linger like this is strange.

I'm wondering if Macross 7 Trash was just dropped, because well the US publisher may have realised it probably wouldn't have sold very well, not because of any licensing issue.

Despite the 'Macross 7' in the title, Trash actually has only a slim connection with Macross 7 and the original characters and sod-all in the way of mecha action. Personally, I don't rate it either as a Macross title or as a stand alone Manga.

I'm a hard core Macross 7 fan. I love the anime, characters, and mecha. I have all the toys, models, books and CDs, but to be honest, I'd have no interest in buying an English language version of Trash and I even feel my Japanese editions were a waste of money.

Realistically speaking, how many hard core Macross 7 fans are there in the US that would actually buy this manga, a couple of hundred at most? Or perhaps the publisher hoped to sucker Robotech fans into buying it when they saw the name 'Macross' on the cover.

Just my 2 cents.

Graham

If Trash were dropped due to lack of projected interest, all official records of its announcement wouldn't have dissapeared without any signs whatsoever left. Obviously a legal smack-down. My personal guess, they licensed it from the french company releasing it instead of Big West. Thought they could get away with it, then didn't :)

As for this whole YF-19 thing, I'm as hardcore anti-HG as the next guy (if not more so). However, unless it's an actual featured part of the comic, just appearing in the background of a shot is perfectly fine. It falls under "parody." It's the same reason Studio Nue can use the Arcadia in a background shot in Macross, amongst many other such visual gags that occur in anime & manga.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go take a shower to wash the dirt away for actually defending such a blatantly wrong action by hg........::shudders::