Adding fuel to the fire

EXO

That...is...a....%$#@%$#...19. :angry::angry::angry:

WTF is this now? And flying next to an Alpha too. How the hell does this work?

Edited by Anubis

Is this from the new Mospaeda comic that just started?

Look under Wildstorm titles

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0402/17/dcindex.htm

ROBOTECH: INVASION #5 

Written by Jay Faerber and Ken Siu-Chong; art by Takeshi Miyazawa and Omar Dogan; cover by Tommy Yune.

In the final chapter of the Invasion saga, Lancer must weigh the price of loyalty and love in an explosive confrontation that will force him to reevaluate his crusade against the Invid, until a massive new invasion force arrives from the Robotech Expedition. In the companion story, Karl Riber is driven to make a heart-wrenching decision at Mars Base that will affect the future of his fiancée and the rest of the Earth. Admiral Lisa Hayes must deal with the burden of burying Robotechnology's most incredible secret.

32 pages, $2.95, in stores on May 5.

Look under Wildstorm titles

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0402/17/dcindex.htm

ROBOTECH: INVASION #5 

Written by Jay Faerber and Ken Siu-Chong; art by Takeshi Miyazawa and Omar Dogan; cover by Tommy Yune.

In the final chapter of the Invasion saga, Lancer must weigh the price of loyalty and love in an explosive confrontation that will force him to reevaluate his crusade against the Invid, until a massive new invasion force arrives from the Robotech Expedition. In the companion story, Karl Riber is driven to make a heart-wrenching decision at Mars Base that will affect the future of his fiancée and the rest of the Earth. Admiral Lisa Hayes must deal with the burden of burying Robotechnology's most incredible secret.

32 pages, $2.95, in stores on May 5.

So.... when is the Robotech Plus DVD being released? :lol:

The VF-X-4 was fair game, there is no way in hell they could even insinuate the same thing for the -19.

This casts a dark shadow over the DYRL situation too if they decided thay would just apporpriate the -19 like this. "Legitimatly liscensed" my ass.

Might as well fuse this one into the debate thread. This month stinks so far.

Edited by Anubis

Yup, it's pretty clearly not fan art. Someone should try to make sure BW knows about this along with the DYRL superposables.

as i siad. if it is not used in the actual comic it;s sjtu acameo. a tribute. hell darth maul showes up in hunterx hunter. the enterpise shuttle shwos up in dragon ball. their quiet normal and fair use.

Has anyone bothered to raise the BS flag at RT yet? The response will probably be the same as DYRL though more than likely = "It's OK, trust us." <_<

Credence to the "All your Macross belongs to us" theory regarding DYRL just increased.

ah,heck it's better than that last american cover.

No. That's still a very crappy cover.

It lends more to my theory that the coloring is the only bit of quality work done on these covers.

BTW- That is a YF/VF-19. No ifs, ands or buts. I wonder how this one will play out? Not only restricting, but actually using M+ designs could spell trouble because they are treading on the very territory that Manga/BigWest/Studio Nue have the only legally recognized ownership of, according to the U.S. government.

I think HG is definitely making a big push on the issue. Let's see what happens?

The issue is being raised. I added that the drawing appears to be a direct copy of the pic below. (Original from http://www.theroseking.net/animehub/macross/macrossplus.jpg )

I thought it looked familiar, and I was plugging my brain trying to remember where I saw that same thing.

Thanks for pointing it out Ewilen... I was getting a headache from the brain-fart.

ps- Does anyone notice how the "laser/shot" from what's-her-name's gun is at a different angle from the line of fire?

DYRL is rocky territory, but Big West has complete legally established dominion over anything Macross Plus, 7, or Zero related.

To use the YF/VF-19 in anything Robotech related is sheer brazenness on HG's part. The VF-4 was bad enough. Now the 19.

It's an early sketch of the cover. Yune hasn't finished it yet. This man needs a horse hed under his blanket already.

Edited by Anubis

it;s called fan art.. scott and lancer are out of proportion.

it might jsut be eye candy.

Ummm... Scott and Lancer aren't out of proportion. The artist is clearly putting together a scene. That's like saying this picture is out proportion:

Because we all know Minmay isn't that huge!!!

lol I think he means body proportions. Scott looks a bit discombobulated. BUt it looks like a rough, so it can still be corrected.

Back to the picture that exo posted, doesn't that pic remind you of when the -19 & the -21 were chasing the ghost & a large explosion was behind them, but this time they substitute the ghost with mini drones of some kind?

DYRL is rocky territory, but Big West has complete legally established dominion over anything Macross Plus, 7, or Zero related.

To use the YF/VF-19 in anything Robotech related is sheer brazenness on HG's part.

It's an early sketch of the cover.  Yune hasn't finished it yet.  This man needs a horse hed under his blanket already.

I guess in thoery they can use a low viz F-14 with the kite and still get away with it.

(Oh great EXO, give them more ideas... <_< )

:rolleyes:

Edited by >EXO<

And to think, the DYRL superposable thread finally made it's way to the 3rd page of the forum without a new post. Now this.

Edited by Anubis

To use the YF/VF-19 in anything Robotech related is sheer brazenness on HG's part.

It's an early sketch of the cover.  Yune hasn't finished it yet.  This man needs a horse hed under his blanket already.

I guess in thoery they can use a low viz F-14 with the kite and still get away with it.

Now copying Mac 0's F-14! :o

Now copying Mac 0's F-14! :o

lol. yeah!!! wow. they copied macross pepsi can. dman them. they cross the line!!