Adding fuel to the fire

EXO

Hmph..... I have a bad feeling about this and how foolish of h.g. to do this  :angry:  Now where did I put my lightsaber.

Not even the lightsaber, they get to be bludgeoned by a wooden sword.

Either that or send Agent One in there with a bottle of Tums and lock the door.

Edited by Anubis

Yup, it's pretty clearly not fan art. Someone should try to make sure BW knows about this along with the DYRL superposables.

as i siad. if it is not used in the actual comic it;s sjtu acameo. a tribute. hell darth maul showes up in hunterx hunter. the enterpise shuttle shwos up in dragon ball. their quiet normal and fair use.

Technically a cameo is illegal period, but everybody tends to overlook it as it's a form of hommage. It's even more common and widely accepted in Japan, because of the way they see such things (doujinshi for an example). But if I'm not wrong, a cameo is pretty much "officially" illegal anywhere.

Quote from my fiancee (who is the Director of Collection for the manga collection at Glénat):

"For an example, in one of the covers of Dragon Ball, Akira Toriyama did an hommage to the brasilian pilot, Ayrton Senna, by drawing Songoku wearing his Formula one uniform, etc, in his racing car. But the sponsor of his racing team was Marlboro, and thus, you could see the brand name and logo on the car.

In Japan, nobody complained, in other countries like Brasil, it was of course very well accepted as an hommage. But in France, Marlboro sued the publishing company, Glénat... After that, they had to remove all brand names etc from their mangas... ^^;; "

On a side note I now own a French collection of Macross 7 Trash! :p

Hmph..... I have a bad feeling about this and how foolish of h.g. to do this  :angry:  Now where did I put my lightsaber.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:D:D

What's that funky smell? :huh::o:D:lol::p

What a bunch of hacks. They've gone too far this time.

No kidding. I hope this finally convinces the anime community what we've been preaching all along. HG is morally and creatively bankrupt, and cannot allow Macross to flourish on its own merits without somehow absorbing its assets into their own plagaristic universe.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHA!!!

I'd gladly hurt some people, but I think this situation is just a case of sloppy judgement.

If Yune did it, it was probably just an initial sketch like something as a concept... I mean it DOES look like crap, and Yune's art (though tends to be big boobed and american targeted) usually shows great artistic talent.

If the 19 shows up in the comic, finished, then it will be time to unleash fan hell and we can not only set ME lose in LA hunting HG blood, we can also have a pizza delivered to Tommy's house every 15 minuites between the hours of 8PM and 5AM.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHA!!!

I'd gladly hurt some people, but I think this situation is just a case of sloppy judgement.

If Yune did it, it was probably just an initial sketch like something as a concept... I mean it DOES look like crap, and Yune's art (though tends to be big boobed and american targeted) usually shows great artistic talent.

If the 19 shows up in the comic, finished, then it will be time to unleash fan hell and we can not only set ME lose in LA hunting HG blood, we can also have a pizza delivered to Tommy's house every 15 minuites between the hours of 8PM and 5AM.

AgentOne just made the most sensible post on this thread.

Well that's TWO things I didn't expect today.

:p

Edited by >EXO<

...and Yune's art (though tends to be big boobed and american targeted) usually shows great artistic talent.

I know people are allowed their opinions, but...

:huh:

Every time I see a new cover by Yune it furthers my opinion that the guy isn't really that good. He has constant issues with proportion, details and mechanics*.

I say: Let 'em die.

*I mean, c'mon!!! mechanics is the most vital feature of any art featuring mecha. I admit that I've done some crappy mechanics in my time (for example, I hate the VF-4 I did here. it's tragic), but his stuff reeks. Like poo.

post-5-1067295164_thumb.jpg

AAAAAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHA!!!

...and a basket of fresh made eclairs. Anyone see Van Wilder? ;)

No kidding. I hope this finally convinces the anime community what we've been preaching all along. HG is morally and creatively bankrupt, and cannot allow Macross to flourish on its own merits without somehow absorbing its assets into their own plagaristic universe.

I couldn't have said it any better myself..... No really, that's what I was thinking, but it would've taken me half a page to get the same idea across. :lol:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHA!!!

Amen.

Now unleash the froating head pics.

Actually, if Toynami were to make a MPC YF-19 it would just be a rip off of Bandai's VF-19 Fire Valk, maybe scaled down to 1/55.

There would be no MPC YF-21 because that would require creative effort on their part. Unless they rip off the Yamato, make it all plastic and kick it up to 1/55. They've shown enough balls so far, why not!

Edited by Anubis

Now unleash the froating head pics.

Actually, if Toynami were to make a MPC YF-19 it would just be a rip off of Bandai's VF-19 Fire Valk, maybe scaled down to 1/55.

There would be no MPC YF-21 because that would require creative effort on their part. Unless they rip off the Yamato, make it all plastic and kick it up to 1/55. They've shown enough balls so far, why not!

Not that I think they would do it, but don't forget the SHE models.

Just one point for the legions of blind people here. That isn't Yune's style. It quite clearly the work of RT: Invasion interior artist Takeshi Miyazawa...

Don't let bias cloud your judgement into assuming that your usual suspect are to blame, when even a 5 year old could tell it was a different artist.

Cyc

Just one point for the legions of blind people here. That isn't Yune's style. It quite clearly the work of RT: Invasion interior artist Takeshi Miyazawa...

Don't let bias cloud your judgement into assuming that your usual suspect are to blame, when even a 5 year old could tell it was a different artist.

Cyc

Cyc, No one said it was Yune's art. If anything, at first it was thought to be fanart. The only time Yune's name came up was to question whether it was or if it wasn't. Don't let your defensivenes cloud your judgement of people here. Sure people are angry, but they've been pretty conservative with their comments from what I could tell.

Cyc

Hey, the article said cover art by Yune.

Anyhow, you are aware that an artist can have several different styles, depending on his mood, subject or materials, right?

Even a 5 year-old knows that.

I mean, would you immediately assume these two drawings (mine) are by different artists simply based on style?

post-26-1077147648_thumb.jpg

Guys, let's not jump the gun, misstakes are easily made, the biggest wars start with the slightest misunderstanding

wherever the whole thing goes, it's BW's territory, any action on our part could only damage MW's reputation

let BW handle it, if they don't - they're morons and sure don't deserve our support

BTW, I know BW's webpage is in japanese, but you can still email them the image of the DYRL? S-posables and this images *new comic with the links

should at least grab their attention

*=I'm not convinced yet how, what, or why this image exists and for what purpose

But the whole point of this thread would be: Why on earth would they even release a pic of a YF-19 on a Robotech comic book cover to a well known site, rough draft or no rough draft. Even if HG has claim to all Macross products (heaven forbid) the YF-19 is not even part of the RT continuity. Where's the sense in that? I mean, people across the ocean are working hard on designing these and to think others are just gonna walk in and say Hey these are ours too! is beyond repulsive, if not illegal. If they need new "veritechs" for their stories, then just design some, is that so hard? What's the point of saying we have people that worked on the original animation, but we're not getting anything original from them. I mean there's a reason why they are called "talents" isn't there?