DX Chogokin VF-1J 50th Anniversary

MKT

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

Said it elsewhere, so probably should here: If anyone needs someone to try and pick up a copy for them at Tamashii NYC, I would try.

I just don't know if purchase limits will be imposed for this like they were at the Tamashii popup at Grand Central for the Max VF-0S.

If we find out it will be sold there, I will definitely hit you up!

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

Said it elsewhere, so probably should here: If anyone needs someone to try and pick up a copy for them at Tamashii NYC, I would try.

I just don't know if purchase limits will be imposed for this like they were at the Tamashii popup at Grand Central for the Max VF-0S.

Please count me in if you don't mind, I'd appreciate it. The markup Luna park has going on is kind of awful on the wallet. I think Shawn's made a good point, it might look better in other modes like Battroid. I didn't know this was tied to an old model kit that must have been breathtaking for its time.

I find it kind of strange that we have only really one image of this bird, and only in fighter mode, You think if Bandai was proud of this release they would have shown us more pictures and shown of Gerwalk and Batroid as well.... 🤔

item_0000014921_DA399tTG_400.jpg

Edited by grogall

The only other pic I remember was at one of the older shows(below), and it had a clear nose cone tip, which is different than the chromed one now shown
I'm happier with more chrome bits for sure.

29F13772-AC93-4427-A020-B44880CF265C.jpeg

Agreed that more pics should have been shown. The official Bandai pics (or rather, just one pic) can look cool in some way, even if the clear parts are weird.
But the older pic from exhibition is a big no-no since there's too much of a difference in tone between the different surface treatments. It looks like someone's incomplete kit bash, or a VF that has crashed, replaced with new panels but not painted yet. :p

Bandai should have went completely with the Imai Iron Type scheme that @Shawn posted, that would be infinitely cooler even if it gives us a shiny finish all round. At least we know where KC got inspiration from for their Dark Red scheme.

2 hours ago, MKT said:

Agreed that more pics should have been shown. The official Bandai pics (or rather, just one pic) can look cool in some way, even if the clear parts are weird.
But the older pic from exhibition is a big no-no since there's too much of a difference in tone between the different surface treatments. It looks like someone's incomplete kit bash, or a VF that has crashed, replaced with new panels but not painted yet. :p

Bandai should have went completely with the Imai Iron Type scheme that @Shawn posted, that would be infinitely cooler even if it gives us a shiny finish all round. At least we know where KC got inspiration from for their Dark Red scheme.

Agreed, full Iron Type would have been an insta-buy for me. This one...not so much. I can appreciate the creativity that went into producing it, but it's just not my thing. I have my fingers crossed that all who want it can get their hands on it, though. Especially if it will be available at the Tamashii Nations store in New York.

3 hours ago, Zeliard said:

PO up!

IMG-20240415-WA0005.jpg

Wow, a 69% markup over the published price (Â¥33,000 with tax included). That's very high, even for Luna Park...which based on the experiences of other MW members seems to mark up Macross items quite a bit compared to other stores. And they have it listed as being exclusive to Japan, but the Tamashii Nations website indicates that it will be available in Japan, Asia more broadly, and the US.

The VF-1S Strike Mechanic Edition is currently selling on Yahoo Japan for roughly the same price. I'll be interested to see if other stores offer this for less. Another option would be to wait until release and pick one up on the secondary market. I'm having a difficult time believing it will cost more than ¥55,800 to get one that way, but maybe the "Tamashii Store Event" nature of it will make it really difficult to obtain? :unknw:

Another pic from a slightly different angle. Hopefully we see more shots especially the back, but perhaps not since the display looks to be blocked from behind and sides.

IMG_2838.JPG.cee6d14332b544c4245e5849bb0cc9c8.JPG

30 minutes ago, MKT said:

Another pic from a slightly different angle. Hopefully we see more shots especially the back, but perhaps not since the display looks to be blocked from behind and sides.

IMG_2838.JPG.cee6d14332b544c4245e5849bb0cc9c8.JPG

Looks cool wish it had super packs.

10 minutes ago, grogall said:

Official picture in Batroid mode....

1000210210_1.jpg

20240417_TNS_VF1J_s.jpg

Great find :good:
So far I’m seeing 3 different finishes - Matt chrome, piano black, smoked clear. Am I missing anything else?

54 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Something must be wrong with me, because I'm liking it more and more. ^_^

I think I’m with you on this lol.. but that price tag is still a killjoy.

43 minutes ago, grogall said:

Looks like it's out already....🤪

s-l1600.png

The Absolute Chogokin VF's will still have more diecast than the Chogokin 50th VF-1J....lol

gallery_12176_633_1739856.jpg

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/42999-absolute-chogokin/?do=findComment&comment=1239351

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/42999-absolute-chogokin/?do=findComment&comment=1256727

Edited by jvmacross

13 hours ago, MKT said:

Great find :good:
So far I’m seeing 3 different finishes - Matt chrome, piano black, smoked clear. Am I missing anything else?

I think I’m with you on this lol.. but that price tag is still a killjoy.

Looks like a dark chrome (metallic coating, rather than high-gloss black), matte chrome, and smoke clear to my eye. Also some bare metal.

Definitely looks better in Battroid, but not biting here either. If it was all the dark chrome I'd go for it.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks like a dark chrome (metallic coating, rather than high-gloss black), matte chrome, and smoke clear to my eye. Also some bare metal.

Definitely looks better in Battroid, but not biting here either. If it was all the dark chrome I'd go for it.

Hmm dark chrome.. I think you are right. :good:

15 hours ago, grogall said:

Looks like it's out already....🤪

s-l1600.png

15 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Absolute-ly love these. Wished both the 1S & 1J have different pose instead of just head swaps. Even more, wished Bandai made more varieties of them.

Spoiler

AbsoluteChogokinVF-1NRM2-b2v2nt.jpg.0a2a14f7eb4d377bc0210465442eef1d.jpg

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

It's a shame the other three that were teased were not released....

image.png.f2e636b71c37169b7ee4df98116e0a66.png

Aaarghh.. it would be so great if the Regult & Glaug were released. The whole set will make perfect desktop items - paperweight, play, conversation piece, Monopoly token, stapler holder etc..

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

It's a shame the other three that were teased were not released....

-Snipe-

They could have teased this 50th. Anna VF-1J and I wouldn't have been bothered...🤓

Was anyone able to grab a PO via a proxy or other means?

I guess for US market....this may be available via the NYC Tamashii store....so unless you are close to NY you're still going to have to pay a "finder's fee"....

So far I only see Luna offering it and they have already increased the price for one....lol

The ones listed on eBay may be just as bad or worse....

I do not have access to the sales page....is it still up for PO?

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I do not have access to the sales page....is it still up for PO?

I just checked the page and Bandai changed the sales region to just Japan (Asia and US were removed as options) and it looks like you can only buy it in person at the Tamashii stores in Tokyo and Osaka.

53 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I just checked the page and Bandai changed the sales region to just Japan (Asia and US were removed as options) and it looks like you can only buy it in person at the Tamashii stores in Tokyo and Osaka.

I had thought that it could be PO'd in advance if you were a Tamashii Club member between 4-18 to 4-24....then a more "general" sale between 5-10 to 5-24....interesting

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

So, there is no chance of seeing this one aftermarket at a reasonable price, right?

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I had thought that it could be PO'd in advance if you were a Tamashii Club member between 4-18 to 4-24....then a more "general" sale between 5-10 to 5-24....interesting

I remember seeing that message on Dengeki Hobby Web, but it's not on the official Tamashii Nations product page, which doesn't include a sales link:

https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/2304751/ 

Okay, I found something more official that has the dates you mention and also says no sales or deliveries take place at the Tamashii stores:

https://tamashiiweb.com/store/tokyo/event/detail/202405.html

This is really confusing. Now digging a bit deeper I found this product page with a link to a more general sales site that Bandai makes difficult to access from outside Japan:

https://tamashiiweb.com/store/tokyo/items/detail/14921.html

Bandai is not making this easy to figure out, probably by design. So what I think we know now:

• Japan only
  • Four online sales periods that are a combination of first-come/first-served and lottery, starting today and continuing through 02 July
  • You have to be a Club Tamashii Member to buy one

2 hours ago, Froy said:

So, there is no chance of seeing this one aftermarket at a reasonable price, right?

It all depends on how badly US fans want it....like the DX Mechanics VF-1S...there were 2 waves.....if you waited until the second wave, you definitely paid less than those who "panic" bought when it was first released....

Another example would be the "blue" Max VF-0S.......it was not a "VF-1" from SDFM/Robotech and it was not in "canon" colors....it more or less has not gained much re-sale "value" since its original release....

Personally, I think it will not go beyond the 50K JPY range...may even drop below that after the hype clears.....it has a lot of stuff going against it....mainly the non-canon looks...it may not be desireable enough to command much demand, thus keeping the aftermarket price low....time will tell

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

Bandai is not making this easy to figure out, probably by design. So what I think we know now:

• Japan only
  • Four online sales periods that are a combination of first-come/first-served and lottery, starting today and continuing through 02 July
  • You have to be a Club Tamashii Member to buy one

Gonna be hard to get. Maybe I'll suck it up with evilbay..

This VF is maybe gonna be rare..

After firing up my VPN, I was able to get to the actual sales page:

https://p-bandai.jp/tns-online/?_ga=2.203155601.1429073089.1713525726-751954702.1713525726#event01

There are different purchasing links that you use at different times, depending on your membership level in Club Tamashii. Higher-level members get two opportunities to purchase directly, all other members get to enter two lotteries. I think this has been confusing because the 50th Anniversary celebration is being physically hosted by the Tamashii Nations store in Tokyo, which is in turn selling these commemorative items online through the Premium Bandai site, but not in the normal way. You have to go to the special event page to find the links.