Bandai HG 1/100 VF-19 Kai

Convectuoso

I wonder what if any parts will be shared from the YF-19. They're superficially similar, but pretty much every single aspect of the design is altered in some way for the VF-19 that I would be very surprised if ANYTHING transfers over. Maybe... the arms? wings? feet?

Regardless, this and the 1/72 prototype have got to be good news for those who like the design.

48 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I wonder what if any parts will be shared from the YF-19. They're superficially similar, but pretty much every single aspect of the design is altered in some way for the VF-19 that I would be very surprised if ANYTHING transfers over. Maybe... the arms? wings? feet?

Regardless, this and the 1/72 prototype have got to be good news for those who like the design.

It’s probably gonna use quite a bit from the internal parts some of the outer armor may transfer as well

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Cool.  I might get only one HG since I still like my HM VF-19 Fire Valkyrie in Fighter mode.

That one did have a sleeker fighter and is close in scale although might still look a bit big. The yf-19 definitely looked better in battroid mode and I’m pretty sure this will as well since it’s going to be fairly similar.

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I think the cartoony proportions of this one will probably help it look better than the YF-19 did.

And boy oh boy do I hope they don't fubar the heels again. <_< 

I’m pretty sure they are just gonna reuse the ones from the yf-19

43 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Of course. 

Expect only the head and colour to differ. 

There’s a bit more like the shoulder detail as well as lower legs. I’m gonna have to take a look at the artwork to see what else, but I believe the internal parts and joints are the same, but may just need the outer armor changed up here and there.

3 minutes ago, Big s said:

There’s a bit more like the shoulder detail as well as lower legs. I’m gonna have to take a look at the artwork to see what else, but I believe the internal parts and joints are the same, but may just need the outer armor changed up here and there.

Still curious if they'll add Basara with and without guitar. 

And happy this is coming soon eventhough I don't care about it, but as it will sell well, it will help getting going my only interest of Macross 7, which are Max's and fodder VF-22. 

6 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Still curious if they'll add Basara with and without guitar. 

And happy this is coming soon eventhough I don't care about it, but as it will sell well, it will help getting going my only interest of Macross 7, which are Max's and fodder VF-22. 

I’m sure the vf-22 will be on the way. It looks like a simpler change from the existing yf-21 then the yf-19 to the vf-19

So to show the differences in yf-19 to vf-19 and the YF-21 to VF 22 here’s some pictures IMG_2243.jpeg.0c00891d4cd9592aacc37e37340df271.jpegIMG_2245.jpeg.a9f64e51edfd05bf8532b1f6a2d06652.jpegIMG_2244.jpeg.b124ead595b1ef6d16fd25613ffb9085.jpegIMG_2246.jpeg.b2023b55cad2ac8143f41841c13e588d.jpegyou can see the majority of the joints are the same on the 19’s, but the outer armor has a lot of minor differences. The wings and stabilizers look the same though. Actually the wings look a bit different IMG_2248.jpeg.215a57ef5bc640ead9b2ccb0f3f3742f.jpegIMG_2247.jpeg.7677a5d9586190c2144cb52b8e95ec4d.jpegas far as the YF-21 to YF-22 everything other than the face and possibly the wings are the same

Edited by Big s

2 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

@Big s - Yeah, you right. 

The 19 is gonna need a major overhaul, especially the legs.

But the 22 is easy conversion for Bandai. 

Oddly after looking at them side by side, I kinda wonder if the made the feet bigger so they would work on the VF-19. They look the same but chunkier 

16 hours ago, Big s said:

Oddly after looking at them side by side, I kinda wonder if the made the feet bigger so they would work on the VF-19. They look the same but chunkier 

Neither of which look anything even remotely like the heels Bandai slapped on their YF-19.  They completely misinterpreted the design, giving it VF-1-style heels.

The actual heels need to rotate a full 90 degrees to lay flat, because they're paddles like the VF-4.

22 hours ago, Big s said:

That’s still pretty minor. Just a few differences compared to the amount of work redesigning the yf-19 to the vf-19

Yup. It's a lot of work converting YF-19 to VF-19. And it looks like LEI from Twitter already finished his converted VF-19. :good:

F9XykG0aoAAcHoS.jpg.747059f52ab1fbfa4799b85fe1671ae9.jpg

F9XykUOaQAAZ-Fm.jpg.2ab35e56792701f0173f85f714790a8d.jpg

F8z9c_DakAAlhxr.jpg.743226b1a59d5f730594c77b3d8d159f.jpg

F8z9dJba4AATPPc.jpg.1f15619f8b32e18e4c1456c3bf905618.jpg

FxZ8oXiaMAAUhmV.jpg.e84df6d33143b4e5b9228319a403bd80.jpg

FxZ8pA5aUAEeow8.jpg.9c1fc05dca3f31734c3d492a6f485386.jpg

He's also working on a transforming HG YF-19.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 8:32 PM, Raikkonen said:

Of course. 

Expect only the head and colour to differ. 

As someone who studied the lineart extensively back in mid-90s when Plus and 7 came out (and also from my many discussions with Yamato, back when I was friends with the CEO), from what I remember, it's pretty much nearly every part of the VF-19Kai/F/S/P that is different from the YF-19. You cannot reuse the same molds/tooling.

From what I remember, it's maybe only the hands, biceps and feet that are similar (and the gunpod for the F, S & P). Every other part requires completely different tooling.

Basically, there is very little comonality between the YF-19 and VF-19Kai/F/S/P.

2 hours ago, Graham said:

As someone who studied the lineart extensively back in mid-90s when Plus and 7 came out (and also from my many discussions with Yamato, back when I was friends with the CEO), from what I remember, it's pretty much nearly every part of the VF-19Kai/F/S/P that is different from the YF-19. You cannot reuse the same molds/tooling.

From what I remember, it's maybe only the hands, biceps and feet that are similar (and the gunpod for the F, S & P). Every other part requires completely different tooling.

Basically, there is very little comonality between the YF-19 and VF-19Kai/F/S/P.

From Bandai’s standpoint here, it does seem like the majority of the internal mechanisms will work on the new kit. Mostly I’m thinking the outer armor and a few oddball grey parts. But pretty much all the non grey parts will be new runners. Just about every outer surface detail seems a bit different 

On 11/9/2023 at 10:57 AM, Graham said:

Yup, I did correct myself with my follow up post below. :) 

On 10/28/2023 at 2:23 AM, Raikkonen said:

The 19 is gonna need a major overhaul, especially the legs.

But the 22 is easy conversion for Bandai. 

• 1 month later...

[HOBBY NEW ITEM INFO.]
Scheduled to be released in May!
We are now accepting online reservations!

From " #マクロス7 ", the "VF-19 Kai" piloted by Nekki Basara is now available as a set with the large strengthened weapon "Sound Booster"!
The style just like in the movie is also reproduced by the telescopic movable gimmicks in various parts!
Exclusive water transfer decals will also be released at the same time!

HG 1/100 VF-19改 ファイヤーバルキリー サウンドブースター装備

Edited by VF-1A Cannon Fodder
Added info

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Is this line kinda the HINT HINT that an HM-R version is maaaaybe gonna happen one day or is it a deathnail to the very thought of an HM-R happening? Just wondering???....

Good question. IMO, doubt it. Just based on everything done in this line hasn't been done in HMR. At least, that's my logic. 

1 hour ago, The Sum of Zero said:

Honestly shocked that they included the Sound Booster instead of making it a P-Bandai add-on.

Definitely a pleasant surprise. Also the found a way to hide that ugly hip block in fighter mode. Wish that thought of that when they made the YF-19.  

4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Is this line kinda the HINT HINT that an HM-R version is maaaaybe gonna happen one day or is it a deathnail to the very thought of an HM-R happening? Just wondering???....

I don’t know about a death knell, but the Fire Valkyrie is kinda on fire lately.  There’s this one in1/100 and a 1/72 one from Max Factory and I think there was a recent rerelease of the Arcadia one, I wouldn’t doubt Bandai will eventually get to it either as dx or the recently teased hmr. 
personally I like kits better and whatever happens, I just want a cool vf-11 either from plus or 7 or both and I feel this is a slight step closer