Super Dimension Convention - 2022

I’ve been kinda wondering the same. Some conventions like anime and comic ones are coming back, some with special requirements like vaccination status or masks or lees than normal occupancy.

Last week I took my daughter to our first concert since the shut downs to see Volbeat and Ghost in Anaheim. They required a vaccine card or negative test and the seating was set up to where there was an empty seat next to each group. That place was packed other than the required empty seats and oddly enough no distancing with the GA floor area, probably because they wouldn’t have been able to enforce it.

I know rules are different depending on the counties and they do seem to go back and forth depending on the situation. I’m not sure if any thought to guests or anything at these kinds of events. I know at the concert they did have signings for fans and I think some of the upcoming comic conventions are planning those as well.

1 minute ago, Jasonc said:

Yes, we are doing it again this year, and we're hoping to have something big this year since it's the 40th.

I hope that we get a Blu-Ray release of Macross Delta for the North American fans

19 minutes ago, Zethus said:

I hope that we get a Blu-Ray release of Macross Delta for the North American fans

Yes, I agree. Seeing any Macross series come over here officially would be a welcomed sight.

Just now, Jasonc said:

Yes, I agree. Seeing any Macross series come over here officially would be a welcomed sight.

I think that who would be BIGWEST’s distribution partner would either be Right Stuf or GKIDS

Well, it has a vast library of content from 1987 on, so whoever gets it may need to have some deep pockets. The other issue is, will it be streamed, or will there be Bluray releases with subs (or dubs?) I'd love physical media, but between the two types of distribution methods, there's a lot of options.

4 hours ago, Jasonc said:

Well, it has a vast library of content from 1987 on, so whoever gets it may need to have some deep pockets. The other issue is, will it be streamed, or will there be Bluray releases with subs (or dubs?) I'd love physical media, but between the two types of distribution methods, there's a lot of options.

It would take time for everything to get released. I think that what Creative Sphere is working on (that they can’t say because NDA) would make fans happy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 11:00 PM, sh9000 said:

Looking forward to seeing which guests appear.

I'm actually more interested in hanging out with my fellow fans. Meeting guys like EXO, Jason, Richard, Sirian, Kyle, Adrian, Gwyn, and so many others is incredible. I've been talking to all these folks for years it's great seeing them in person. Lots of drinks, food, fun, and deculture to be had.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

43EF3A4E-F991-45B2-A88E-0BFE51B92669.jpeg.93db69c55371d4369d5143ff5d2fa4ed.jpeg

Seeing this SDF-1 and @nightmareB4macross' collection in person is already worth the price of admission.  Hope you guys have a great SDC this year.

We are going to miss seeing you there.

Hopefully, you can stop by to say ”hello”.

Looking forward to seeing you next year.

On 8/22/2022 at 4:03 PM, oshanmacross said:

I got a question!
If I purchase a regular S.M.S. admission and add the 9AM early admission does that grant me early admission to the dealers room?
It states early admission to the vending hall, is the vending hall different from the dealers room?

Sorry if a silly question....

Just go have higher tier. It’s totally worth the admission.

Thanks for your support and see you at the con.

Don’t forget to tell your friends and bring them too.

47 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Just go have higher tier. It’s totally worth the admission.

Thanks for your support and see you at the con.

Don’t forget to tell your friends and bring them too.

Ok, Lol!

Been a major supporter for years even had model clinics at my table.
Times are rough with rent in LA, just trying to save $ and get my ass there!

IMG_2100.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

MacrossWorld will be on display in the Exhibit hall this year...come see the "Wall of Takani" in person!
Will bring many other fun treats as well  :)

(for the newer folks, Yoshiyuki Takani did all the Box Art for the entire Nichimo line of kits shown here, and also about half the Imai and Arii model kits from 82-84)

20220902_203919.jpg

11 hours ago, Shawn said:

MacrossWorld will be on display in the Exhibit hall this year...come see the "Wall of Takani" in person!
Will bring many other fun treats as well  :)

(for the newer folks, Yoshiyuki Takani did all the Box Art for the entire Nichimo line of kits shown here, and also about half the Imai and Arii model kits from 82-84)

20220902_203919.jpg

Love that artwork 

On 8/22/2022 at 4:03 PM, oshanmacross said:

I got a question!
If I purchase a regular S.M.S. admission and add the 9AM early admission does that grant me early admission to the dealers room?
It states early admission to the vending hall, is the vending hall different from the dealers room?

Sorry if a silly question....

Hey, sorry if this wasn't answered. yeah, dealer's room/vending hall is the same thing.

There should be a nice surprise announcement around the corner, so I'll be excited to see that come up. Stay tuned for it.

Edited by Jasonc