Gundam.com

Boxer

Howdy.

Zeta Otaku from Gundam.com

I migrated here as a lurker and 2005 Boards where I'm pretty active and where I have a rep as an excellent author... though I don't believe the hype I get at all.

Let's see... my only claim to fame from Gundam.com was my custom Zeta MG 1.5 that I made by kitbashing a classic MG Zeta and MG Zeta Plus A1.

I used to hang out over there but I had left long before the site shut down, I think one to two years before it closed. I went by Hazard there. I'm glad I didn't stick around, I heard the quality of the posters went way down. I'm not talking about not knowledgeable but just rude people, jerks, etc.

yeah I used to go there under the SN as bobjoemac.. and the Billvine avater...

I left a few months before it went down dunno why prob because it was way to huge and everythread in the AU was "Wing iz so SW33T" and if one tried to have a discussion on a unheard of UC show such as V and F-91 it was always the same few people with a few morons asking dumb questions like "how come Z gundam transforms is it like based off of gundam wing" <_<

yeah that was gundam.com

I hope to god Macrossworld NEVER turns out like that.

I was happy having my circle of freinds in the Beamfish. That and the people there talked real anime too. And it had a lot more space... and a lot of people to talk to.

I think the only equivelant to wingers over here is the Robotech people- and they seem fine.

At least it's not as slow as some places....

There's a MOD forum for the HW TC to DYRL? that updates...yearly?

And then there's Gundam.com, which never updates at all.

So when IS GUndam.com comming back? They updated from 'down temporarily' to under 'pre-production' whatever that means. Is there no way to find out from the runners of the site?

Gundam.com...

What could have been great was overrun by immature spamming crazy folk. I made some cool friends there but I mainly stayed here and hung out on gundamwatch.com which was more mature.

I was of course MilkManX on Gundam.com

;)

People were pretty immature there. Though on both sides. You had some of the younger crowded spamming threads and what not. The ones that give Wing and G Gundam fans a bad name. Then you had the more knowledgeable members that acted like complete asses, jerks, etc... that acted as if their opinion was fact. You know the ones that UC fans a bad name, the ones that act like everyone else is below them just because they know more about UC and have seen a lot of it. That could have easily been stopped but I don't think the mods ever did their job, and let some of the veteran members act anyway they wanted(even after other veteran members asked them to stop, this I remember cause I tried as well) no matter how nasty they became. I left at the beginning of all this, I can only imagine what it was like near the end.

Edited by Effect

hmm I am curious... the only Gundam series I have seen are the Original, Gundam Wing, and G-Gundam. I'm not personally really into gundam and never visited the site. But out of the 3 I have seen I liked Wing, Gundam was OK, and G-Gundam.... not gonna go there. Besides the fact that apparently Wing sounded like it had a fad going is there a reason why everytime it gets mentioned other gundam fans bash it to death?

Rob :ph34r:

Gundam.com just stopped being interesting for me

MacrossWorld seems to be sliding down a slippery slope itself.

there are still quality folks around here. :)

There is more to MacrossWorld than this unfinished forum. Everyone seems to have forgotten about the bulk of MacrossWorld, that its actually a website, not just a message board. Shawn needs to find administrative help for the page, or start saving himself some money by shutting down the rest of the site.

hmm I am curious... the only Gundam series I have seen are the Original, Gundam Wing, and G-Gundam. I'm not personally really into gundam and never visited the site. But out of the 3 I have seen I liked Wing, Gundam was OK, and G-Gundam.... not gonna go there. Besides the fact that apparently Wing sounded like it had a fad going is there a reason why everytime it gets mentioned other gundam fans bash it to death?

Rob :ph34r:

From what I've seen, not this doesn't apply to everyone that dislikes Wing, but some people bash it or dislike it cause its the series that really launched Gundam here in the states. It brought in tons of new fans, mainly kids when it was first released. Honestly it launched my interst in Gundam as well but I had actually seen it a few months before it came on Cartoon Network. I had gotten fansubs on VHS. Since its the first Gundam series to be shown on TV on a large scale you have people wondering or saying that everything else copied it when other shows are released. This seems to drive the older fans crazy but instead of trying to correct people in a calm manner some jump the gun and start bashing it and the fans. That's where things got out of hand, its one thing to dislike the show but bashing the fans shouldn't be done. A good deal of fans prefer the UC type of Gundam since it has more realism. A good deal of fans like myself enjoy both types of Gundam and there are those that enjoy the Wing like Gundam the best. Wing gets bashed all the time cause those that dislike it are very vocal about it and a few try to pass on their opinions of the show as fact. There are a few(not the same as the others) that think anyone that likes Wing is stupid and hasn't seen much of Gundam and must be childish. Personally I've seen almost all of Gundam outside of ZZ, and the second half of V and I still consider Wing as one of my favorites. I think on some level, some dislikers of it feel the need to constantly bash it because it was so popular while what they feel is the much better series isn't liked as much. Things like "Wing is so cool", "the Heavyarms would be the GP01 any day of the week" do tend to get annoying and to cause people to bash it more then normal. Then there are a few UC elitiest that just hate anything outside of the UC.

At least that's my opinion on it. This is just what I've seen over the years since I've gotten into the fandom. Being that I really enjoy all aspects of Gundam(well G Gundam takes some work to like) I think I've gotten a good look at things from a three sides. No where near an expert on the subject though.

Gundam.com just stopped being interesting for me

MacrossWorld seems to be sliding down a slippery slope itself.

there are still quality folks around here. :)

There is more to MacrossWorld than this unfinished forum. Everyone seems to have forgotten about the bulk of MacrossWorld, that its actually a website, not just a message board. Shawn needs to find administrative help for the page, or start saving himself some money by shutting down the rest of the site.

There are times that I do forget about the actual site. I think if it had more information similar to the Macross Compendium it might get more notice. I enjoy looking at the different items on it but they are all things I can't get my hands on either to not being in Japan or them no longer being produced.

I lurked a bit in the modeling forums, even posted a bit...most active there when MSG was first airing (post Wing)...gave it up after encountering both the young "Wing rocks!" and "UC forever!" crowds :p

I recall a posting about the MG Zeta kit, and how to fix some of the floppyness problems...started off all nice and legit...then some kid hops in there with something along the lines of "Zeta sucks, it's a poor copy of Wing!"...I calmly tried to explain that "Zeta the series came out in 1985 a full decade before Wing"...some one else actualy hops in with "You noobie! Zeta had 50 episodes not 1,985!!! get it right dofus!" :rolleyes: ...Obviously reading was not a required skill there :p

I guess I never really noticed it because I was never in the AC areas of the forums. Usually I lurked in the Luna II areas or the Anime discussion. I was around fanart and the UC forums sometimes though...

In those forums the moderators did their jobs. I don't know about the rest...

As for Macrossworld, yes, I know it exists, but until it's updated with new content I don't see much reason to go there (Except for model kit reference, maybe... or to see some of the unreleased Macross studd).

hmm I am curious... the only Gundam series I have seen are the Original, Gundam Wing, and G-Gundam.  I'm not personally really into gundam and never visited the site.  But out of the 3 I have seen I liked Wing, Gundam was OK, and G-Gundam.... not gonna go there.  Besides the fact that apparently Wing sounded like it had a fad going is there a reason why everytime it gets mentioned other gundam fans bash it to death?

Rob  :ph34r:

It was considerably popular despite being considered (among older fans at least) among the weakest entries in the series. That popularity was magnified by it being the Gundam series that gained popularity outside Japan the most obviously, so you have a great deal of people who only know of it and not the older series.

It's also usually latched onto by the UC elitists as a reason why the alternate universes suck, despite Wing being the only bad one.

Well actually now that I thick about Gundam.com days the thing that got me were the people who had only read the MAHQ reviews and thought that they were hot crap and new everything. So of course they went by the ratings on MAHQ to judge what was good and what wasn't. THOSE people pissed me off not the wingers.

as for why people bash wing. I for one think it is one of the worst gundam productions ever but its not really THAT bad. But i think the reason why mosy people bash wing was because 90% of its fans were under 13... so even if you tried to have a dicussion on the plot you would eventually get a thread like.

" Why do you think that *insert Q* "

" Dude you B Gay!!"

"Word up G dat be the flat out reason LOL!!!!111"

" ROTFLMAO!!!1111"

" Actually it was probobly because of the oppresive lifesyle some of the colonists had to live somewhat parralel to Z gundam."

"DUDE what B U smokin UC gundam is GAy LOLLLL!!!111"

" HHHAHAHHAHAHAHHHHHAHAHAHJJHHHAH that is so true"

ahhh the memories. <_<

I was a regular on G.Com, first under this name, later as Shin_Kudou. I gained some fame for often arguing with Valkyrie Pirate Rene and his goon squad on political issues (and chasing him off MW before he managed to get five posts :p ), And some respect for a couple of kitbashed and scratchbuilt items.

Despite the wingers and newbies, there was a core group of good posters, like Mark Simmons and his followers, that did lead to good threads. We had some quite good discussions on subjects like artificial gravity, beam weaponry, and Minovsky Physics, that aren't really matched by anything buy the similar discussions we have on the Valkyrie's technical issues here. Additionally, there was a lot of good info on new releases and such to be found on G.com. I've found myself a lot less informed since its collapse.

I still have to say it wasn't just the kids that made things bad. There were a good amount that were actually mature. A some of the older members ruined things as well and played a large part in things. Don't just blame one side now, both sides had a hand in things.

I still have to say it wasn't just the kids that made things bad. There were a good amount that were actually mature. A some of the older members ruined things as well and played a large part in things. Don't just blame one side now, both sides had a hand in things.

Point, I refer to people of that order of manners as "kids" because they act as such.