5 hours ago, electric indigo said:

The 80s never get old.

A24 is one of those titles I see and feel like even though I really don’t know what’s going to happen that I feel like I knew that’s how it would play out. Kinda like a Wes Anderson thing, but usually with a tweaks violin somewhere 

15 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Looks good. Check out the WATCHMEN series on MAX if you hadn't seen it yet too.

Damn I had no idea this was even happening, Watchmen is still to this day one of the most influential graphic novels I've ever read, it's still one of the first to make "graphic novel" a thing, it's a masterclass in superhero writing. I loved the Snyder film, for the most part, the Snyder-ness of it sucks, the slow-mo, the celebration of violence, he just missed the point on a lot of what made Watchmen great and it's messaging, but that's Snyder, this looks great. 

On 6/14/2024 at 8:52 AM, Tking22 said:

Damn I had no idea this was even happening, Watchmen is still to this day one of the most influential graphic novels I've ever read, it's still one of the first to make "graphic novel" a thing, it's a masterclass in superhero writing. I loved the Snyder film, for the most part, the Snyder-ness of it sucks, the slow-mo, the celebration of violence, he just missed the point on a lot of what made Watchmen great and it's messaging, but that's Snyder, this looks great. 

Being influential isn't always a good thing. Honestly I'm a little sick of everything being the dark and gritty flawed antihero power corrupts scenario where everyone is a self serving a-hole schtick that Alan Moore created.

I can't help but feel it's about time the pendulum swings the other way and we return to genuinely good people doing good things because they want to, not because they have some secret agenda, are adrenaline addicted kill crazies, or are actually horrible people.

3 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Being influential isn't always a good thing. Honestly I'm a little sick of everything being the dark and gritty flawed antihero power corrupts scenario where everyone is a self serving a-hole schtick that Alan Moore created.

I can't help but feel it's about time the pendulum swings the other way and we return to genuinely good people doing good things because they want to, not because they have some secret agenda, are adrenaline addicted kill crazies, or are actually horrible people.

This. So much this!

17 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Yeah I don't care in the slightest about any of that, Watchmen was the progenitor, it's when comics grew up, dark and edgy was it's identity, the fact that DC, Marvel, and anyone else in the game at the time followed suit is on them. Watchmen is Watchmen, it's identity and tone is set, DC and Marvel are the ones to blame when it comes to chasing trends, I will never fault Watchmen for being Watchmen, it was a pivotal piece of comic book history, it's timeless. 

18 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Wasn’t this pretty much the entire MCU thru Endgame (with a few exceptions)?

5 hours ago, Mog said:

Wasn’t this pretty much the entire MCU thru Endgame (with a few exceptions)?

That is what I was going to say.  DC, yup they tried to be gritty and fell on their face.  MCU for the most part (even Loki in the end) was mostly good folks doing good things for the good of all.

5 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

More details below too. I'm just hoping it's funny as I can't recall watching a comedy in the theater that had me laughing tbh.

Spaceballs Sequel in the Works With Josh Gad Starring, Mel Brooks Producing

https://www.ign.com/articles/spaceballs-sequel-in-the-works-with-josh-gad-starring-mel-brooks-producing

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

More details below too. I'm just hoping it's funny as I can't recall watching a comedy in the theater that had me laughing tbh.

Spaceballs Sequel in the Works With Josh Gad Starring, Mel Brooks Producing

https://www.ign.com/articles/spaceballs-sequel-in-the-works-with-josh-gad-starring-mel-brooks-producing

"The Search for more Money"   It'll be better than Disney Wars. 

On 6/19/2024 at 9:57 AM, Black Valkyrie said:

"The Search for more Money"   It'll be better than Disney Wars. 

I doubt it.  We can't have Bill, John or Joan in this movie, Rick is almost certainly not going to show either.  So they are banking on the nostalgia of the name and the last time Mel tried that was a dumpster fire.

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

I doubt it.  We can't have Bill, John or Joan in this movie, Rick is almost certainly not going to show either.  So they are banking on the nostalgia of the name and the last time Mel tried that was a dumpster fire.

Disney Starwars is a dumpster fire, so it might come down to which fire burns bright and which one engulfs the galaxy far far away

2 hours ago, Big s said:

Disney Starwars is a dumpster fire, so it might come down to which fire burns bright and which one engulfs the galaxy far far away

That is the other problem for this, when SB came out SW was a hot property.  Making a parody of something that has been parodying itself is a losing proposition.  If the main character of SB was Baby Yogurt though...

2 hours ago, Dynaman said:

That is the other problem for this, when SB came out SW was a hot property.  Making a parody of something that has been parodying itself is a losing proposition.  If the main character of SB was Baby Yogurt though...

I would watch for Baby Yogurt!

Went to the movies yesterday and saw Rite Here Rite NowIMG_2692.jpeg.b62734b382089027a59e0af52fbee72c.jpegI wasn’t sure if it should go in the music section, but I figured since it was in theaters it would be more fitting in the movie section.

It was for the most part a professionally filmed concert movie filmed at the LA Forum of Ghost live, but interlaced with a bit of a storyline with little extras added either between songs or when Papa Emeritus IV goes back stage to take breaks from singing or for costume changes.

The band Ghost is a bit of a joke about the satanic church needing a band to increase their reputation, but for being based on such a dark theme it has a comedic yet uplifting message. The basic story is that they usually replace the singer every now and then and that Papa IV’s predecessors were eventually killed off, so he feels that not only is his time in the spotlight about to end, but his time on earth may be ending as well.

Overall, if you’re into music and absurd comedy then it’s a pretty good mix of both and highly recommended, even more for fans of the band itself and the soundtrack is gonna be the best live album of this century because the recording was great with a great mix of songs from the heavy to the soft and the fun and the dark.