2 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Hard to say which would be the scarier thought.  That someone thought that trailer would entice anyone to want to see Road House remake or that the trailer actually would entice someone to see the Road House remake.

Looks like a fun movie and will watch it on PRIME but wouldn't pay to see it in the theater. Seems to be the case most films these days.

Ok so in finally watched "The Creator" on D+. I was aware of it slightly lacking in writing, but it turned out the writing was actually insultingly bad and all the pretty pictures couldn't make up for it, and the droning Zimmer soundscape finished it off for me. I feel bad about all the talented concept artists involved in this film.

My recommendation is to just get the artbook and have a nice movie playing in your head.

On 1/29/2024 at 3:49 AM, electric indigo said:

Ok so in finally watched "The Creator" on D+. I was aware of it slightly lacking in writing, but it turned out the writing was actually insultingly bad and all the pretty pictures couldn't make up for it, and the droning Zimmer soundscape finished it off for me. I feel bad about all the talented concept artists involved in this film.

My recommendation is to just get the artbook and have a nice movie playing in your head.

It really is bad, isn't it? I remember a lot of the press it got at the time was for its being shot with relatively cheap commercial cameras, which is great and all, and speaks to what can be accomplished with relatively little nowadays, but... there's still no substitute for competent writing.

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

Thought the same before seeing Napoleon, ugh. I use IGN for movie reviews and they're mostly spot on.

Hope this breaks that trend, as it looks like a good, funny movie,

On 1/29/2024 at 1:49 AM, electric indigo said:

Kinda my impression as well. Based on the trailers, I was excited for this film, but it fell flat in dialog, a bit contradictory regarding the androids, the plot more simplistic than implied, the main character just lacked charm or anything memorable or likeable, really.  The bond between him and the girl was there b/c it was scripted and not because any real relationship was forged. In the end, I felt the visuals were striking but wasted on the script. Quite disappointing.

16 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Thought the same before seeing Napoleon, ugh. I use IGN for movie reviews and they're mostly spot on.

My friend I just got back from watching Argylle, and far and away there are much worse films out there that you could take your wife to for date night. This is miles ahead of Ridley Scott's Napoleon.

Honestly my only complaint is it may be overly long, but it is enjoyable and fun. If you liked Mathew Vaughn's other films like the King's Man series you'll definitely have a blast with this.

My best advice is to go into this blind. Do not look at spoilers or any other reviews as there is a chance it will ruin the film.

That said enjoy date night with the wifey! 😉

Has anyone else watched Killers of the Flower Moon yet? 

If so, what was your take on it? I watched it last night and if I'm being truly honest here, I don't get how it got all the praise that it has. For a 3-hour & 26-minute movie, I found it very slow, choppy editing and uneven pacing. Disappointing overall IMO. 

30 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

If so, what was your take on it? I watched it last night and if I'm being truly honest here, I don't get how it got all the praise that it has. For a 3-hour & 26-minute movie, I found it very slow, choppy editing and uneven pacing. Disappointing overall IMO. 

Same take as well.

43 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Honestly, I skipped it because I hadn’t heard any praise for the film. Only complaints that it was too long and not focused on the right things for being so long.

Damsel looks really good! IF looks good too. Ryan Reynolds usually brings it. Not so sure about Twisters or Wicked though. I don't like it that Twisters looks like a remake, Powell is good to see in i though and I really liked him in Devotion.  And I've never been much of an Oz fan (both the Disney movie and the prison series.)