17 minutes ago, m0n5t3r said:

Haha. There was a 2/3 chance to get it right and they still got it wrong. :blink:

Any pics in fighter mode? Are you even gonna transform it, lol?

Yeah, oh well....they probably gave those odds to the tampo printing supervisor and he replied..."hold my beer!"

I have been leaving them in Battroid, but if I get some time, I'll snap some pics of the Angel Birds and LowViz in Gerwalk and Fighter....as I have said before, Fighter is my least favorite mode for the KC VF's beginning with the V 2.x wave...but Battroid and Gerwalk are solid now....just don't handle them too roughly (or too often) or you will live to regret it...;)

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

OK, so now that I am going over the pics...I noticed "two" small errors...tampo errors to be exact....and it could have been minimized if KC would have also tossed in a "LowViz' VF-1J head.....can you spot it? :search:

large.20231227_164952.jpg.afae1933c92bc5

It's sort of comical how of all the available VF types from KC...they went and printed the one type that this release does not represent....I bet a VF-1J "LowViz" with a super low production count release is in the works...lol

Maybe "special paint" VF-1J Rick in the works.

Edited by jenius

13 minutes ago, jenius said:

Maybe "special paint" VF-1J Rick in the world 

Yeah...I'd get it....I'm thinking of Takani and Suzuki when I think "LowViz" VF-1J Hikaru....It'd probably look really nice....send an email to KC and suggest it!  they can include an extra "Low Viz" head without the red stripe to go with the LowViz VF-1A/S...lol

a35a0914a4f5040c6b32c9dd3cc6afef.jpg

0e61d95ee6fb598bbd992e617145c809.jpg

15 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.20231227_165508.jpg.ceb3ef93565158

The Low-Vis grey looks strikingly similar to the Roy Special Paint's grey. Are they the same? From KC's website, they look rather different with Roy's shade being some degrees lighter. But KC's pics are usually quite bad photoshop jobs anyway, and somehow they don't update their pics even after an item's been released. They even continue to use v1 pics for items that have been released multiple times into current v2 generation.

I've e-mailed KC regarding the screwed up modex numbers on my Ben & Max 1A, with a follow up reminder, but they appear resolute in ignoring me lol. Perhaps it's the holidays, I'll shoot them another mail again next week.

20 minutes ago, MKT said:

The Low-Vis grey looks strikingly similar to the Roy Special Paint's grey. Are they the same? From KC's website, they look rather different with Roy's shade being some degrees lighter. But KC's pics are usually quite bad photoshop jobs anyway, and somehow they don't update their pics even after an item's been released. They even continue to use v1 pics for items that have been released multiple times into current v2 generation.

I've e-mailed KC regarding the screwed up modex numbers on my Ben & Max 1A, with a follow up reminder, but they appear resolute in ignoring me lol. Perhaps it's the holidays, I'll shoot them another mail again next week.

They are very similar,   close enough so that it fits in rather nicely.

As for KC customer service,  yeah your probably going to need to hound them now.    I have been ignored a few times as well.

14 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

They are very similar,   close enough so that it fits in rather nicely.

As for KC customer service,  yeah your probably going to need to hound them now.    I have been ignored a few times as well.

Thanks for confirming the colors :good: I was considering of getting the Low-Vis, but I have the old Yammie 1/48 Low-Vis, so perhaps will go for Roy's Special Paint instead as no one else has this scheme.

12 hours ago, jenius said:

Are you emailing them to inform them of the error or asking them to fix it? If the whole run has the error, there's not much they can do which may be why your being ignored.

Trying to see if they have any solution for a fix. I do understand any fix (if available) may not be immediate, but at least an acknowledgement of that issue would be nice. I'm seeing from a few pages back that the previous Vermillion Squadron set (old packaging) have the leg modex numbers the right way up, so it at least confirms that there are different production runs for this squad and perhaps KC might just happen to have extra parts or something. Although I'm not sure if it is replaceable as I haven't properly examined if the leg can be easily opened up.

I just received my order of three Valks, VF-1S- Roy Fokker, VF-1J - Rick Hunter, and VF-1A/S Low Vis a few days ago with 2 fast packs.  As a modeler, I love that these toys as they have the panel lines painted on.  I was considering the Arcadia line-up as an alternative to start collecting, but that added detail by KitzConcept really makes these Valks POP!  Otherwise, as these are the only toy Valks I have ever handled, the only small niggle I have with these is the large intakes and it only looks big in jet mode and not the other modes.  The issue with the gun dragging on the ground when in jet mode on tarmac, doesn't bother me too much as I plan to display the jet flying.  Which comes to my first question, 

Have any of you used a different/better display stand as the one that comes with these Valks don't hold our toys solidly at all.  I looked at the stands on GOKINPLUS but they say you need an adaptor but they don't sell one for our brand.  Has anyone made or adapted any of their stands to work with these Valks?  A different brand to try?

I installed all the batteries to all the Valks and fast packs and all work except for the nose section in my VF-1S - Roy Fokker.  I used known working batteries in there but no joy.  I will be writing KitzConcepts and ask what can be done.

7 hours ago, cfernandez said:

Have any of you used a different/better display stand as the one that comes with these Valks don't hold our toys solidly at all.  I looked at the stands on GOKINPLUS but they say you need an adaptor but they don't sell one for our brand.  Has anyone made or adapted any of their stands to work with these Valks?  A different brand to try?

Usually I would suggest a Flightpose or CalWings Router Stand as a reasonable alternative, but here I'm hesitant to recommend them as the silicone tips had some reputation for stripping off paint, and KC's valks are just about the most painted of any valk toy lol. But to be fair, the paint stripping only appears to have been reported on only certain Flightpose batches, and there's been non reported on CalWings stands so far.

Thinking about it, CalWings' products are mostly painted diecast metal and one would expect that with the added weight pressing down on the tips the paint stripping would be exacerbated, but it hasn't happened so far so it could be safe.  

3 hours ago, shazam said:

I can't wait to see the Dana Sterling figure when it comes out in January. Look forward to seeing everyone's photos. 

That’s if it actually comes out in January. There’s a lot of toy delays lately and I wouldn’t doubt that this comes out a bit later than scheduled 

26 minutes ago, Big s said:

That’s if it actually comes out in January. There’s a lot of toy delays lately and I wouldn’t doubt that this comes out a bit later than scheduled 

This figure has been a no show for months on end so waiting a bit longer is to be expected I guess.

6 hours ago, shazam said:

ds1.jpg

Despite the missing red and black stripes on Dana's duty uniform, I'd gladly take this prototype over the "tampon mesh" bodysuit they have her in now... 😒

Those Macross stands are a testament to how Southern Cross fandom remains alive outside of Japan. 😅

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Despite the missing red and black stripes on Dana's duty uniform, I'd gladly take this prototype over the "tampon mesh" bodysuit they have her in now... 😒

Those Macross stands are a testament to how Southern Cross fandom remains alive outside of Japan. 😅

Yep! 😄

It'll be a waste for KC to give up all they have learned from making Dana & her armour to not offer the other SC characters. 

But at same time, do we want to wait another 3 years or more for the next SC figure? Their backlog is already ever growing as it is. The VF-1A Max & Miriya special color were sold with either Max & Miriya figures, and there has been absolute ZERO progress on either of them, despite their initial gaslighting that both will be out in 2023. Not to mention the deposits they have taken for other older PO items..

Not very long ago I was pretty patient with them but now the goodwill is drying up. The only other company on which I am aware of being so tardy, fast and loose with their release dates would be Super 7? Perhaps Ramen Toys / Calibre Wings as well, but at least Noel is always on top with updates whilst KC is just starting to feel Ponzi-like by using deposits on new orders to finance their older figures..   

13 hours ago, strikevalk said:

Any hope that they'll make others from the Series, besides just "Dana"?

I didn’t think we’d ever see a “Dana” in the first place. But there’s always a slim possibility.

4 hours ago, MKT said:

But at same time, do we want to wait another 3 years or more for the next SC figure?

If they actually produce it, I’ll wait the three or ten years since nobody else has tried since the 80’s. Of course if a better company picked up the idea I’d immediately cancel a preorder.

9 hours ago, mechaninac said:

At least Bandai hasn't taken any money for something they could not deliver in a timely fashion, so the comparison/analogy is flimsy at best, if not totally flawed.

The OP was referring to how long it was taking to release the Dana fig...your response when further by correcting the OP that it has been years not months...but now I guess you are adding more criteria into the comparison...you are amusing at best

19 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The OP was referring to how long it was taking to release the Dana fig...your response when further by correcting the OP that it has been years not months...but now I guess you are adding more criteria into the comparison...you are amusing at best

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...

On 12/28/2023 at 11:05 PM, MKT said:

KC finally got back to me. It was just a brief one saying they will send me replacement parts once they get them from their factory.

45 minutes ago, MKT said:

KC finally got back to me. It was just a brief one saying they will send me replacement parts once they get them from their factory.

I think I will piggy back on this and request they send me corrected legs for my first release set....cause why not...lol