Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

I want a Nissan Sentra alternator. :p

ok is it just me or is there a serious lack of Japanese cars. Granted I love what they have done so far. But right now its jsut WRX, RX8, S2000. Where are the rest? When the hell will Mitsubishi get with the program. Heck Evo 8 jsut sounds decepticon.

I love the concept Mustang and GT Viper but Im tired of the US cars.

and no I doubt they will do old school muscle cars. So we can all forget that dream

Edited by Solscud007

Wouldn't you think the MPC prime would be good enough to near scale with the Alternators, I got mine standing next to Prime and it looks pretty nice. Just get like a G2 Megatron, a Prime and your altnerators and walah.

I'd like to see more variety in the Alternators line, or even a somewhat related line of highly detailed and articulate Transformers that are possibly not in scale with the Alternators, but still in scale with each other (such as many imagine the Decepticon jets and other war vehicles would be handled).

Trucks would be cool, not even like Dump Trucks, Semis and Firetrucks, just like a regular truck, truck. Grok? Som motorcycles maybe?

I for one would welcome the variety in robot mode sizes, adds a bit of to the whole 'realism' thing we loosly apply to giant transforming robots.

emergency vehicles are already out.  and its been suggested that larger vehicles like trucks are out because those characters will be significantly bigger.

oh please a police car could be made.

well i would think it would be a no brainer, but apparently hasbro doesn't think so, or at least that's what they seem to have said of the matter at OFTCC. but given hasbro's track record with the truth, we'll see.

given that alternators/binaltech is a line of officially Licenced vehicles in real world paint schemes, i suspect they'll have a very hard time finding an easily marketable real world emergency vehicles to include in the line. the real world japanese impreza police cars would probably work for binaltech, but i doubt it would sell for alternators.

Wouldn't you think the MPC prime would be good enough to near scale with the Alternators, I got mine standing next to Prime and it looks pretty nice. Just get like a G2 Megatron, a Prime and your altnerators and walah.

I think MPC Prime is supposed to be in scale with the Alt/Binals anyway. I read that somewhere (official).

For example, Lambor fits into Prime's trailer just perfectly. Well, I say "perfectly"... the trailer collapses into a pile of mush, though.

Therefore, I think that's as good a G1 Prime as we're gonna get.

post-26-1092680662_thumb.jpg

And the new Binaltech body. Obviously some smart-ass professor in my faculty likes to show off his new 'vette in the Human Sciences car park... Either that or they really are robots in disguise, and I am right in the middle of Autobot City (after taking these pics, I saw -- in the same place -- both a Mazda RX-8 and an Impreza zoom by)!

(I apologise for the size)

post-26-1092681274_thumb.jpg

could be cliffjumper. Judging by the face. S2000 is a small car. Or it could be windcharger. I guess we'll have to wait and see! :p:D:lol:

I sincerely doubt that it is Hot Rod or Cliffjumper, given the Binaltech/Alternator staple of giving the character heads close to their G1 animation designs. The head does bare a vague likeness to Windcharger's toy's original head, but not that strongly at all. Given that, I would rule out all of those guesses.

Could be Red Alert maybe? It has a slight resemblance....

But here's a thought ^_^ how about Optimus Prime as a Nissan Titan?

^_^ just for the hell of it, tomorrow I shall bring my digital Camera and take some pictures of Nissan Titans and 350Z on the lot.

If prime were a Titan, I'd say it'd have to be one of those heavey modded, with a bank exhaust, long bed extended, maybe with the funky roof rack, sadly don't got that!

Ah well I'll grab my camera tomorrow morning and take pictures of some Nissan vehciles which would make good alternators.

you do not suppose this is maybe another deception? they are about to release swindle any chance of them making a new mold and having it a deception first instead of waiting and doing a repaint? or now that we are seeing grimlock a not so expected binaltech car is it perhaps not even a generation 1 car, perhaps another dinobot or someone else entirely? does the head look familiar to anyone?

Edited by zeo-mare

i found a close up of the original box art for Swoop, if you remove the crest on his head and just look at the face it looks very similar, i know on the protoype the glass face plate is clear but if they color it dark it will look very much alike, i was going to post the close up of the face that was on the link that chowyunskinny put up but the link is not working for me right now for some reason.

Edited by zeo-mare

ahh here we go, if you color the clear part dark it will look similar, i know they are trying to make the face like the original, though they are not always exact,. to top that off we just saw grimlock so you never know

Edited by zeo-mare

I can see Swoop in that.

Doesn't look a thing like Windcharger. Windcharger had a visor, and a face plate. Don't remember what his cartoon face looked like, though. To be Windcharger hi legs would have to trahsform like Alt Grimlocks

Either way, maybe this will get people to quit complainingthat they all transform the same. I'm sure they'll find something else to complain about, though. <_<

I can see Swoop in that.

Doesn't look a thing like Windcharger. Windcharger had a visor, and a face plate. Don't remember what his cartoon face looked like, though. To be Windcharger hi legs would have to trahsform like Alt Grimlocks

Either way, maybe this will get people to quit complainingthat they all transform the same. I'm sure they'll find something else to complain about, though. <_<

the they transform all the same argument is such bs. Right now there are 4 distinct transformation variations, Tracks, Sideswipe, hound and smokescreen. grimlock's transformation is new, and while meister is very similar to smokescreen anyone who has seen a slide show of his transformation can see there are distinct differences with the arms and the the way the rear seats fold up.

Oooh...that S2000 looks like it might turn out to be my favorite Bin/Alt yet...well, next to Hound. The feet are totally backwards in that set of photos though. The legs are similar to Sideswipe but look like they might have a greater range of movement. Can't wait for this one!

Oh, and I hope it is Swoop. :p