Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Oh yeah SDCC here I come!!!! but not till friday. :angry::(

Hey George (bigkid) I got my hound at walmart near where Exo lives. The one on Carson off the 605. it was the only one they had but they had two silver streaks. I think its those damn toy scalpers who swoop in and jack them all.

Isnt that Devastator jsut a reapint of that RID construction autobot?

Thanks for the info.

Hey, Exo wanna help me out?!

My local target has Sideswipe and Smokescreen on clearance for 13.95, not sure if this is all over the U.S. but if you were waiting for a deal or a sale now seems to be the time to snatch them cheap.

That is not good unless Target is using a different stock number for the new assortments

That's good news about the predaking set, but what about the sales of the original ones? That kinda sucks for the people who have it already. Prices on the old predaking will go down. :( Or hopefully not. :p:D:lol: Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna pick up this sucker! Can't get enough of predaking! :p:D:lol:

:o a predaking giftset, i definetly want that, kinda sucks though, i have been trying to conserve money lately these type of releases are not helping me though <_<

My local target has Sideswipe and Smokescreen on clearance for 13.95, not sure if this is all over the U.S. but if you were waiting for a deal or a sale now seems to be the time to snatch them cheap.

Maybe I'll finally pick up a Sideswipe. B))

ooohhh I love predaking. I always wanted him as a kid. I have an original Japanese Bull MIB that I got for 10 dollars at Pony Ground way back when they were in the Yaohan plaza. I still remember them being at Honda Plaza. ah those were the days but poor me I was too young to have disposable income.

Transformer fans will like the new September 2004 isssue of Dengeki Hobby magazine (Japan ver.) just released today as it comes with a boxed set of two mini transforming Transformer toys. One is a little Optimus Prime, who stands about 5.5cm tall in robot mode, the other is the bad guy who changes into a Walther P38 pistol, sorry I've no idea what his name is.

As I don't like Transformers, the two toys are going to become targets for the office airsoft gun....Mwhahahahah :p

Graham

Damn.

You guys ready for this.

2005 Ford Mustang Alternator and Mini Cooper!

G R I M L O C K !

Now if you never read the comics you may not be as excited but Grimlock is awesome in the comics. Not as dumb but just as pig headed.

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=3245&mode=flat

post-26-1090599976_thumb.jpg

Grimlock is the Mustang

The Mini Cooper is announced but no name yet.

It has to be Bumblebee or Cliffjumper.

;)

Awww....nooo....i prefered Grimlock as a dinobot. :angry:

seems kinda weird having Grimlock as a car , why not Prowl? or something.

Transformer fans will like the new September 2004 isssue of Dengeki Hobby magazine (Japan ver.) just released today as it comes with a boxed set of two mini transforming Transformer toys. One is a little Optimus Prime, who stands about 5.5cm tall in robot mode, the other is the bad guy who changes into a Walther P38 pistol, sorry I've no idea what his name is.

As I don't like Transformers, the two toys are going to become targets for the office airsoft gun....Mwhahahahah :p

Graham

hey graham, can you take a picture of what your talking about? I'd like to see so I can go buy a copy! thanx! :p:D:lol:

Oh, and that grimlock.... eh, why they gonna do that to grimlock? He was never meant to be a car..... the mini on the other hand is ok for bumblebee or cliffjumper. I'm still a little steamed about that grimlock.... <_<:p:D:lol:

Yeah, Grimlock as a car is just weird.

It is nice to at least see a variation on the transformation though. Even if it is pretty minor. Of course when they tried to make it really different (Sideswipe) everyone thought it looked lame. :lol:

Where's prowl dammit?

Maybe for the next Mustang as a police repaint. I can only hope. Seeing grimlock as a car is wierd, but I love Mustangs.

Grimlock as a Ford Mustang? Wacky! I'm dissapointed, variety made the original Transformers so great, and Grimlock was always a Dinobot. Still, he looks awesome and I look forward to adding him to my collection. Can't wait to hear more about this Mini Coop, I'm hoping for Bumblebee!

I'm also gonna pick up Grimlock but with a sweet design like the Mustang WHY CHOOSE A DINOBOT?

With a plethora of G1 muscle cars they could have gone with they choose him?

:p

I'm also gonna pick up Grimlock but with a sweet design like the Mustang WHY CHOOSE A DINOBOT?

With a plethora of G1 muscle cars they could have gone with they choose him?

:p

cuz he's popular?

actually, I think grimlock is a good fit.... muscle cars are never looked as having much finese... it's all brawn right? fits grimlocks personality pretty well, I think... though, I suppose a big truck would do just as well.

Damn.

You guys ready for this.

2005 Ford Mustang Alternator and Mini Cooper!

G R I M L O C K !

Now if you never read the comics you may not be as excited but Grimlock is awesome in the comics. Not as dumb but just as pig headed.

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=3245&mode=flat

Hhhollly crap!

actually, I think grimlock is a good fit.... muscle cars are never looked as having much finese... it's all brawn right? fits grimlocks personality pretty well, I think... though, I suppose a big truck would do just as well.

I agree. I have no problem with Grimlock being a car as long as he's a brute force looking car (although I would've preferred more of the car-orientated G1 Autobots first). Nothing overly sleek. Would've preferred a truck or pickup ("Me Grimlock Ram-tough!" ...maybe a repaint of whatever they make Trailbreaker?), but a Mustang works...although the Dinobots should've all been old school muscle cars....would've been more fitting for their style and they would've been auto-dinosaurs of a sort....although Sludge and Slag would be odd, almost disturbing names for cars...

Never understood Grimlock's popularity short of robots+dinosaurs. I hated both the cartoon and comic versions of him. Liked the toy, though. When I played with him as a kid, he was very independent minded and not necessarily the brightest bulb, but he wasn't seven bits short of a byte and always causing trouble.

Yeah, Grimlock as a car is just weird.

It is nice to at least see a variation on the transformation though. Even if it is pretty minor. Of course when they tried to make it really different (Sideswipe) everyone thought it looked lame. :lol:

i think people were more upset about sideswipe being the less than impressive new viper as opposed to a lamborghini than they were about the transformation (though i'd say there are more than a few issues there as well).

i think grimlock looks great, the differences between his transformation and smokescreen/*streak/meister/jazz are fairly pronounced, the legs are totall different, as is the transformation for the mid-car section, the doors have a very different look. plus i'd say it fits into the "reformatted" binaltech storyline if anybody really cares, though a bigger alt form would have made a little more sense. at least they didn't opt for a hummer alt mode, the H2s are beyond ugly, and do the even make the original hummer anymore?

Wow. I never thought I'd see Grimlock as a car.

But check out the transformation. They've obviously tried to keep it similar to the original Grimlock, even though he transforms into a completely different thing. That's clever.

I think I'm getting this one.

So, my want-list so far --

Tracks

Jazz

Grimlock

Screw the rest.

Graham

Jesus Christ, Graham!!

That's like saying, "You know, that blue-haired girl in the chinese dress from Macross".

Hehe. Yeah, I think I know what they are, anyway. I have a few of those mini-version ones myself (Soundwave, Prime, Megatron and Thrust, if anyone's interested) and I use them for target practice, too. :) In particuar, Prime. He's just so crappy. :p

Grimlock is growing on me quite a bit. I'm not more excited about picking him up than just about any Alternator besides Jazz (and Sunstreaker if they ever make him).