Colonel Sanders leads Robotech into 2004!

ComicKaze

Well It's a well known fact sonny jim that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world called the pentaverate that control everything... including the newspapers... and meet tri-annually in a secret colorado mansion known as the meadows.

So who's in this pentaverate?

the queen, the vatican, the yettis, the lockchilds, and colonel sanders before he went tits up. oh how I hate the colonel, with his wee beady eyes and the smug look on his face... Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken, OH!

dad, how can you hate, the Colonel?

Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it nightly, SMARTARSE!

Well It's a well known fact sonny jim that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world called the pentaverate that control everything... including the newspapers... and meet tri-annually in a secret colorado mansion known as the meadows.

the queen, the vatican, the yettis, the lockchilds, and colonel sanders before he went tits up. oh how I hate the colonel, with his wee beady eyes and the smug look on his face... Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken, OH!

Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it nightly, SMARTARSE!

Either you have had too many drugs, or not enough...I don't know which...:p

Either you have had too many drugs, or not enough...I don't know which...:p

Whatever he's having; I'll take 2 ;)

Ya, its most likely a continuation of MOSPEADA.

It might be released as such in Japan, but the origins of it's creation are definately going to be Robotech. It's looking liek it's going to be a Sentinels type production, where the story and scripts are handled by HG and the animation is handled by Tatsunoko.

There's no way Tatsunoko woudl go out of it's way to make a sequel to Mospeada if the bulk to the finances weren't being taken care of by somebody else (i.e. HG). Mospeada was mildly successful, but making a sequel to a TV series almost 20 years old doesn't make good business sense. However, with HG using the series as a sequel to Robotech, Tatsunoko would be able to release it as a sequel to Mospeada with lesser risk of financial loss. Assuming it even gets released as Mospeada, which I doubt will happen.

Not to mention a direct sequel to a series that old isn't done in Japan. Far more often you see either a remake or a rehashed alternative universe type story (see Bubblegum Crisis 2040).

I think that is from the movie "So I Married An Axe Murderer".

William! Move your head! Look at the size of that boy's head!

Shhhh!

I'm not kidding, that's like an orange on a toothpick!

Shh! You're going to give the kid a complex.

Well, that's a huge noggin! That's a virtual planetoid! Has its own weather system! Head! Move!

Shhhh!

Well, that's a huge noggin! That's a virtual planetoid! Has its own weather system! Head! Move!

ahahahaha ooooh yea that's Axe for sure lol.

Shhhh!

ahahahaha ooooh yea that's Axe for sure lol.

the piper is down, the piper is down!!! :p

I'm amazed a Japanese studio would allow HG to bastardize thier new show if they do make Mospaeda 2. Stuff like that is a huge no-no these days. On top of it, it's common knowlege that anime fans want their shows unbutchered. HG doing that to a new Mospaeda would be extremely screwed up, and I would wonder if that would actually do well.

If they want something new for RT: DO IT THEMSELVES. Don't bastardize new shows.

Shhhh!

HEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAADDDDDDDDDD!!

Vostok 7

I'm amazed a Japanese studio would allow HG to bastardize thier new show if they do make Mospaeda 2. Stuff like that is a huge no-no these days. On top of it, it's common knowlege that anime fans want their shows unbutchered. HG doing that to a new Mospaeda would be extremely screwed up, and I would wonder if that would actually do well.

If they want something new for RT: DO IT THEMSELVES. Don't bastardize new shows.

Um..... it's the other way round.

If there is going to be a Mospeada 2, it'll be Tatsunoko "bastardizing" the Robotech04 to do it.

But odds are long at best...

Cyc

Now why the hell would anyone in Japan want to watch Robocrap?

They have the real thing. :angry:

Just because Tatsunoko is working with Harmony Gold on a new Robotech cartoon, doesn't neccessarily mean that it will be aired in Japan as well as in America.

Until I hear something different, my best guess is that Harmony Gold has simply commisioned (is paying) Tatsunoko to do the animation for the new show.

I doubt the new Robotech cartoon would air in Japan.

Graham

Is it so difficult and repulsive to think that people actually like Robotech?

Yeah, especially of these ppl know that ROBOCRAP is nothing but 3 different shows AND YET they continue to like it. How would you like it if I combined Fist of the North Star with Mazinkaiser and gave it a catchy name?

Watching Robotech makes me sick and I used to love Robotech back in 1985.

Even if Robotech 2004 comes out, what HG did to those 3 series will leave a bad impression forever.

Thank God Transformers was/is legit. Atleast something from my good old childhood days remain pure even if Armada/RID/Beast Machines sucked big time.

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

All HG has done is milk existing RT for years now. Hopefully RT 2004 will tank and they may realize their dumb mistakes, if they waste the time and money involved. Actually going to Tatsunoko for aid in making the new show is actually surprising, but again not really because they can't do anything new on their own. Maybe then they'll learn they need to actually be creative for once.

If they pull it off, more power to them. I don't plan on watching any RT old or new.

Edited by Anubis

Yeah, especially of these ppl know that ROBOCRAP is nothing but 3 different shows AND YET they continue to like it.

Well....far be it from me to judge OTHER anime fans taste.....but maybe some of us think it has an interesting back story?

I hate to break it to you....but the only way that I'll ever get to see anything more for my beloved Southern Cross is if they remake The Sentinels. Im sure there are Mospeada fans that feel the same way....that the only way we can see the mecha we like is if they are used in a new Robotech series. They arent going to be using any more Macross to make Robotech.....so I fail to see why you people GROUSE so much. Stop being anime elitists for once.

Things between HG/Tats and BW will be worked out.....one way or another. You can still get toys from Yamato online or even in shops in the US. Ive never seen so many goddamned people complain when things are going relatively good for their fandom.......

If they screwed up like they did with Robotech 3000 and The Sentinels, I promise that I am off Robotech for good. :angry: Let's wait see what HG and Tatsunoko can do. <_

Edited by kensei

Shhhh!

Head! Paper! Now! Move that melon of yours and get the paper, if you can! Haulin' that gargantuan cranium about.

Shhh.

I'm not kiddin', that boy's head's like Sputnik. Spherical, but quite pointy in parts... Uh, that was offsides, wasn't it?

He'll be cryin' himself to sleep tonight on his huge pillow.