Colonel Sanders leads Robotech into 2004!

ComicKaze

Is it so difficult and repulsive to think that people actually like Robotech?

Yeah, especially of these ppl know that ROBOCRAP is nothing but 3 different shows AND YET they continue to like it. How would you like it if I combined Fist of the North Star with Mazinkaiser and gave it a catchy name?

Watching Robotech makes me sick and I used to love Robotech back in 1985.

Even if Robotech 2004 comes out, what HG did to those 3 series will leave a bad impression forever.

Thank God Transformers was/is legit. Atleast something from my good old childhood days remain pure even if Armada/RID/Beast Machines sucked big time.

Hate to tell you this, but aside from the original G1, Transformers suck. And I bet if I watch it now I would change my mind about G1. The problem with that would be that it would legitimately suck.

Hahahahahah...Robotech 2004? If there's one thing that....wait, isn't it 2004 right now? Even if it's going to debut this fall, should they be announcing some...any...details by now? At least, that what nearly every other TV show would do.

Well...there is the Coming Soon tab at Robotech.com. Also, Harmony Gold is attending the National Association of Television Program Executives in Las Vegas. They have a booth....but then again, they have a booth every year. Only time will tell if Robotech '04 will happen or not. Unlike The Sentinels, the new series has had plenty of preproduction.

Look at the picture carefully. The blue screen is clearly at an angle. And whoever made this image cropped the tops of the two photos to follow the angle of the text. But look at the photos themselves... they are clearly not at an angle, however their tops are cropped. Somebody made this picture. And a blue screen with text about a new Robotech series with a picture of some Japanese men in white lab coats and a second picture of the Tatsunoko building added on later really doesn't mean too much.

but the only way that I'll ever get to see anything more for my beloved Southern Cross is if they remake The Sentinels.

Not to sound like I'm running you down, 1BRD, but the odds of them ever doing a sequel to Southern Cross under any circumstances are dramatically low. It's not a bad show, but it did so poorly in the ratings (in the same timeslot as the hit Macross and the moderate success Orguss, no less) that it was essentially cancelled.

Then again...Police Squad! did come back as The Naked Gun, so who knows? :)

Given some of the responses already listed in this thread... it's already one.

Nah, it's getting to be more of a "So, I Married an Axe Murderer" thread, looks like...

Still waiting for my sharks with frickin' laser beams attached (Yes, I know that's from Austin Powers...)

Not to sound like I'm running you down, 1BRD, but the odds of them ever doing a sequel to Southern Cross under any circumstances are dramatically low.

I know...but as I was saying..the only way for me to see any sort of continuation of Southern Cross would be in a remake of The Sentinels. I realise that the likelihood of them releasing it as an SC sequel in Japan is nonexesitant.

Maybe is it Macross Zero repackaged into Robotech 2004.

Shin could be Rick Hunter's son or something. ahah.

The hory froating head really would go over there and smite them. :lol:

Look at the picture carefully. The blue screen is clearly at an angle. And whoever made this image cropped the tops of the two photos to follow the angle of the text. But look at the photos themselves... they are clearly not at an angle, however their tops are cropped. Somebody made this picture. And a blue screen with text about a new Robotech series with a picture of some Japanese men in white lab coats and a second picture of the Tatsunoko building added on later really doesn't mean too much.

And the conspiracy theorists come out.... :rolleyes:

Seriously, it looks just like the slides HG uses at the Anime Expo and SDCC Robotech panels. They've already mentioned plenty of times before Tatsunoko was involved, so there's no reason anyone would create a hoax like this. Tatsunoko and HG are on good standing, afterall it was Tatsunoko who sold the rights to Macross, Southern Cross and Mospeada to HG in the first place, along with doing soem of the pre-production and animation for The Sentinels.

That's because it's a picture of Harmony Gold's presentation slide somebody posted in the old Macrossworld forum.

http://members.aol.com/tatfanclub/shist.html

Sigh, really...why do conspiracies always pop up? This is really funny guys. :p

Oh by the way, here are some more slides from the presentation.

rt_armored_shadow_fighter.jpg

rt_armored_shadow_fighter_2.jpg

Sure looks real to me. :D

Well look what we have here......

They tweaked the VF-X-4 and gave it a new transformation after all. VF-4's (or whatever they call it) and Alphas in the same show, huh.

© 2001? :blink:

post-26-1074565464.jpg

Edited by Anubis

0_o I only see a resemblance of the VF-4 in fighter mode, nothing else...I suppose I'm really the only one who doesn't really give a crap about this since I take what HG says with a grain of salt, it's almost making me laugh at you guys JUST A LITTLE BIT when most of you just bicker about Robotech when just about 80-90% of all of us started out with Robotech.

If you really wanna get at it, I almost perfer Robotech from watching Macross for my own personal reasons since I own both series now, so in a way, almost looking forward to watching a sequal to Robotech, but than again I don't really care since they've mentioned that over and over for the last few years going on and off.

That concept fighter really reminds me of the VF-14...

Even modified, it still looks like the VF-X-4, which was already fair game for them to use (and already used in the new comic), as long as they didn't copy the actual VF-4 transformation. This is probably what the "battloid" mode in the new HG comic will look as soon as they fix the "transformation malfunction".

The nacelles on the vf-14 were much longer, looking more like the ones on the SR-71, and the VF-14 had the triangular nose section, not a streamlined one.

Edited by Anubis

Cyc, you really don't think Tatsunuko wouldn't want to market RT2K4 in Japan as some kind of Mospeada sequel? It's not as if they'd be able to broadcast it as a Robotech sequel. Couldn't they just rewrite the script and replace the words "Invid" with "Inbit" and replace "Protoculture" with "HBT?"

BTW, did you ever notice just how much they liked saying the words "HBT" in Mospeada? Seriously, every time it was mentioned it was like:

Stig: "We need more HBT."

Fuke: "HBT?"

Jim: "HBT?"

Stig: "Yes, HBT."

That concept fighter really reminds me of the VF-14...

Even modified, it still looks like the VF-X-4, which was already fair game for them to use (and already used in the new comic), as long as they didn't copy the actual VF-4 transformation. This is probably what the "battloid" mode in the new HG comic will look as soon as they fix the "transformation malfunction".

The nacelles on the vf-14 were much longer, looking more like the ones on the SR-71, and the VF-14 had the triangular nose section, not a streamlined one.

Looking at it from the back in battroid though it looks like the took the way the head on the VF-14 works.

It kind of looks like that, but in fighter you can see the head underneath just like a VF-1.

Looking at the battloid mode, it looks like the center/front fuselage comes up and slides back over the rear top of the plane, and then front fuselage folds similar to a VF-11 after that (my guess as there's nowhere else for it to go), head orientating at the same time. The arms look kind of reversed from the VF-4, the front part of the top of the nacelle is the shoulder, and the real half of the top is the rest of the arm. The wings look like they stay with the arm similar looking to how the YF-21's tailfins stay with the arm.

They're using the Alpha's trick of not having much wing surface area.

Edited by Anubis

Couldn't they just rewrite the script and replace the words "Invid" with "Inbit" and replace "Protoculture" with "HBT?"

Heh....

actually...according to B-Club's Artmic Design Works the proper term is Invid. Of course...there are references to Robotech in the same work...so I dont know if Robotech "contaminated" the people who wrote that.

Couldn't they just rewrite the script and replace the words "Invid" with "Inbit" and replace "Protoculture" with "HBT?"

Heh....

actually...according to B-Club's Artmic Design Works the proper term is Invid. Of course...there are references to Robotech in the same work...so I dont know if Robotech "contaminated" the people who wrote that.

B and V are basically the same in Japanese, so it's more a matter of how you want to spell it. I think Invid is a bit easier to pronounce than Inbit, and certainly sounds better in English.

I'm still doubtful over the idea of Tatsunoko using the new Robotech series as a Mospeada sequel in Japan. It's too old, with too little fans. Not to mention if they dont use the alterntive universe/retelling of the original story route, you're gonna have a whole lot of kids who've never heard of Mospeada going 'WTF?'

Cyc, you really don't think Tatsunuko wouldn't want to market RT2K4 in Japan as some kind of Mospeada sequel? It's not as if they'd be able to broadcast it as a Robotech sequel. Couldn't they just rewrite the script and replace the words "Invid" with "Inbit" and replace "Protoculture" with "HBT?"

But I'm assuming we'll see Macross Saga era characters, so it'll take major re-writing, especially if Tat/HG don't give them Sentinels style make-overs.

Tat might want to use it in that fashion, but it might require too much work for them to do it as easily as they hoped...

Cyc

But I'm assuming we'll see Macross Saga era characters, so it'll take major re-writing, especially if Tat/HG don't give them Sentinels style make-overs.

True. I hadn't considered Rick & Co. making a comeback, but I guess anything's possible. Let's hope that those Sentinels make-overs remain in whatever hell spawned them.

And 1BRD, it turns out that my old "Henshin Robo" Ride Armor refers to the Invid in the story capsule on the back of the box, engrish be damned. :o