2 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

What gif you gonna choose when the Indiana Jones: Dial of Destiny box office results come in? lol

The same one would apply, wouldn't it?  Or perhaps the one with the two steam locomotives running into each other...

3 hours ago, mechaninac said:

The same one would apply, wouldn't it?  Or perhaps the one with the two steam locomotives running into each other...

Since it’s dial of destiny, it should be one with an old man dropping his fancy watch 

On 6/19/2023 at 5:19 PM, sh9000 said:

https://collider.com/the-flash-alternate-endings/

I would have preferred ending 1 or ending 2.

Hide contents

9B5413F5-A919-4693-B68C-547084E3E641.jpeg.45745d77cb7e5fa60c72d05716fdf708.jpeg

Same here. Though I really enjoyed The Flash, it was a bummer with

Spoiler

Keaton's Batman and Kara being killed off. It's like that last bite of a great meal that just isn't as sweet or tasty and you wished you'd eaten that part first. Don't get me wrong I like Clooney, but what are they thinking going forward with a Batman from a bombed batman movie rather than the most beloved version?! I would have loved to have seen Keaton getting out of that car and seeing Sasha's Kara zooming by over head!

Oh well. I enjoyed it. It had a lot of good action a plenty of comedic moments between Barry and... Barry. You just have to keep in mind that this is a Flash movie and not a Batman or Supergirl movie. ;)

Edited by Thom

12 hours ago, Thom said:

Hide contents

Keaton's Batman and Kara being killed off. It's like that last bite of a great meal that just isn't as sweet or tasty and you wished you'd eaten that part first. Don't get me wrong I like Clooney, but what are they thinking going forward with a Batman from a bombed batman movie rather than the most beloved version?! I would have loved to have seen Keaton getting out of that car and seeing Sasha's Kara zooming by over head!

Oh well. I enjoyed it. It had a lot of good action a plenty of comedic moments between Barry and... Barry. You just have to keep in mind that this is a Flash movie and not a Batman or Supergirl movie. ;)

Well, considering that there are endless realities (earths), they can always change it again and get Mr. Keaton for another one. :)

10 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Well, considering that there are endless realities (earths), they can always change it again and get Mr. Keaton for another one. :)

That's how I'm consoling myself!! :DSomewhere out there there is another Keaton Batman instructing his mentor as Supergirl flies the skies.

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

52E3F872-C8CB-451B-AC8D-133BED2D368C.jpeg.efaa1f1e8e6432964155930686bc6e81.jpeg

I'd watch the 4-hour cut if it had more Keaton Batman, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, and Supergirl's R-rated killing scenes.

The blu-ray comes out on September 5.

Same here! Though it's a shame they didn't go with one of the first alternate endings they'd filmed.

2 hours ago, Thom said:

That's how I'm consoling myself!! :DSomewhere out there there is another Keaton Batman instructing his mentor as Supergirl flies the skies.

He'd be the perfect old curmudgeonly Bruce Wayne mentor figure for a Batman Beyond theatrical foray...

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Whether or not the Flash makes a butt-load of money, they should still go ahead with it. Guaranteed viewer, right here!!

1 hour ago, ErikElvis said:

Not really into DC. I like Batman. Thought the first Wonder Woman was good. Just watched justice league on a whim and really liked it.  Makes me want to see this flash movie. 

Zack Synder's Justice League or Jostice League?

So I guess is this even worse bothering? I just saw the new Spider-verse film and didn't honestly care for it all that much...probably because it's a two parter and I felt it was to slow yet rushed. 

42 minutes ago, Hikuro said:

So I guess is this even worse bothering? I just saw the new Spider-verse film and didn't honestly care for it all that much...probably because it's a two parter and I felt it was to slow yet rushed. 

Well, from someone who really liked Into the Spiderverse despite it being Part 1, I think that the Flash is really good movie. It was fun and exciting, esp seeing Keaton as Batman again, and Miller did great playing off of himself. And where it mattered it didn't pull any punches. There are somethings I wish had been done differently, but those are commented on further up the page.

Edited by Thom

1 hour ago, Hikuro said:

I would probably suggest that if you’re not into multiverse overuse, then you probably wouldn’t like it. But if you like Ezra miller Flash, then you might like it. Seing as how it’s his movie, then I’d probably say it depends on how much you like that character more than anything. 

2 hours ago, Hikuro said:

Watch eventually, when it hits streaming or cable, or broadcast TV; that's what I'll be doing as, besides all the negatives reported everywhere, it is a pointless dead-end of a film since the DCEU, if it even survives... Aquaman 2 and Blue Beetle will more than likely suffer the same ignominious box office flop status, will be getting a complete reboot that will render everything in this series utterly irrelevant.

It's kind of odd, most of the singles movie in the current DCU wasn't that bad.  WW84 aside.  It's only when they try to add in the extras into the movie that things start to go weird.  Well, whatever.    Keaton batman wasn't bad, they should've had an opportunity to pull in the Balebat as well. 

Either way, it's what the Drinker said, they've milked the Superhero franchises to death at this point.   If they try to squeeze out more milk with the tits of Marvel and DC, they might start getting blood.   It was a great run while they had it.  Put the stuff on the shelf, give it twenty to thirty years, and then reboot.

4 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

It's kind of odd, most of the singles movie in the current DCU wasn't that bad.  WW84 aside.  It's only when they try to add in the extras into the movie that things start to go weird.  Well, whatever.    Keaton batman wasn't bad, they should've had an opportunity to pull in the Balebat as well. 

Either way, it's what the Drinker said, they've milked the Superhero franchises to death at this point.   If they try to squeeze out more milk with the tits of Marvel and DC, they might start getting blood.   It was a great run while they had it.  Put the stuff on the shelf, give it twenty to thirty years, and then reboot.

I honestly think the drinker is wrong about that. I feel like if they got better writing teams that the films could be better for both Marvel and dc. With better films the audience will come back.

10 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

Interesting but not surprised they didn't touch the Bale or Pattinson Batmen, same with Phoenix's JOKER. Those films are at a level way above all other DC films.

That being said, I don't think James Gunn's DCEU films will be anymore cohesive as they are today. However the studio execs will be fine with James Gunn as long as he keeps raking in $$$.

7 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

However the studio execs will be fine with James Gunn as long as he keeps raking in $$$.

Then I guess they’re not happy. The only film he had a major hand in, was still considered a flop. Although I really liked The Suicide Squad and still think that’s the best film in the dceu. As far as since he’s taken over, nothing else has really made money back. I’m a bit surprised at WB, that with all the hack and slash that happened to the company, that they’re still going ahead.

I’m pretty sure Aquaman 2 will do a little better than the Flash, but I’m not sure if it will be enough. Honestly, I’ve always hated Aquaman as a character. I don’t think anyone other than a few die hard nerds ever liked Aquaman. They pretty much had to make him a completely new character to get people to like him at all, but like the Flash, Aquaman gets some bad rep as a film due to ties with a disgraced actor even though those parts may have been trimmed or removed almost entirely, I don’t know if people are gonna be lining up for tickets.

I’m curious about Blue Beetle since I actually like that character and the kid playing him,  but it would probably have fit better in a completely rebooted universe. But there’s already dislike from the trailer by the more triggered nerds and those will affect the ticket sales, but who knows if it will be significant 

On 6/20/2023 at 4:23 PM, Thom said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

That's not the last bite of a great meal spoiling it, that's finding out the meal gave you e.coli, and the ambulance running over your dog on the way to the hospital.

Why do so many of these movies go out of their way to completely destroy the characters we were teased, and actually interested in seeing?

I honestly was pretty ambivalent to this movie to begin with, but that kind of thing just makes me aggressively disinterested.

Edited by Chronocidal