2 hours ago, tekering said:

Where's The Marvels?  Or No Way Home🤨

I realize Agents of SHIELD is a grey zone (despite how hard they tried to work around the Phase Two films), but don't the Venom films (and Morbius) count, at least?  Certainly, their inclusion on this timeline would make a helluva lot more sense than including What If...  😒

IGN, your timeline sucks.  🙄

The Marvels haven’t hit streaming yet, No Way  home should be there and morbius and the venom films are in the Garfield spiderverse. Although if what if is on the list, maybe those should be there too. I just don’t remember if they’re on D+

I liked the series a lot and would certainly like to see a season 2, but by its very nature it is a CGI heavy show. They could work around not having such a high cost per episode... just have less She-Hulk... Which I would be alright with, as Maslany did great in either half of the persona. Perhaps they should have taken an idea from the original series and had a second, muscular actress in practical make-up and just used CGI to clean up around the edges.

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

More money on each episode of She-Hulk then an episode of Game of Thrones just isn't sustainable, one season was enough. 

Especially on a show that had a fraction of the audience. It’s also a show that a good amount of people didn’t like. Game of thrones isn’t a show I’m into, but the fans love it even when it’s bad and we’re very willing to give it another chance when house of the dragon came out. She hulk would just get an even smaller audience than it already had.

Finally finished Echoe. It started out good, but the ending was a huge letdown. It was such a short show that you’d think that they didn’t have much to write for, but wrote one of the lamest endings possible. I think the problem was keeping Fisk as the big bad and main bad of the show. I think it might’ve been better to have kept him in the shadows letting everyone believe he was still dead.
They could’ve set up a much cooler assassin type character that needed to be handled or even one that had also been manipulated by Fisk that could’ve been shown the truth by Echoe. 

Spoiler

I think just letting Fisk have a little cry and simply leave just felt lame. That whole last episode was only half an hour, but just a letdown. Having your big bad being Fisk, there’s really only two real options and that’s to kill him or imprison him, but they just let him have a little cry and I guess he’ll just get over things back in New York 

You mean like how they did in Daredevil twice or how Maya shot him in the face in Hawkeye?

Give them credit for trying something different, rather than spamming the hero tropes (you can’t be seriously suggesting another play on the hero fighting someone with similar powers bit, right?).

As demented as Fisk is, he did take care of her as a daughter in his own weird, twisted way.

And considering how much pain her own family caused her,

Spoiler

it would have been hypocritical of her NOT to try to help “Uncle” Fisk through his traumas.

I forgot where I read it, but someone said Fisk would rather do anything else, other than go to therapy and deal with his ish (which is kinda what Maya was trying to do for him).

So rather than face his issues (or go after Maya again), he’ll instead dive headlong into this mayor stuff, which could lead to some interesting stories (another round with DD, butting heads with Spidey, bringing back Harlem’s own “kingpin” in Luke Cage).

44 minutes ago, Mog said:

You mean like how they did in Daredevil twice or how Maya shot him in the face in Hawkeye?

Give them credit for trying something different, rather than spamming the hero tropes (you can’t be seriously suggesting another play on the hero fighting someone with similar powers bit, right?).

As demented as Fisk is, he did take care of her as a daughter in his own weird, twisted way.

And considering how much pain her own family caused her,

I’d definitely take that over what we got. It was a lame ending and something tired would’ve been better than what we got. And I’d give credit to someone that could’ve given us something original, if they knew how to write something original that wasn’t stupid.

It’s a superhero show that tries to give an emotional ending, that isn’t very emotional and tries to give it to a character that doesn’t deserve that kind of forgiveness. He basically killed her father and turned her into a weapon and then tries to murder  her family and the entire town.

Hero tropes may be tropes and can be overplayed, but it works more often than I’d doesn’t. That’s why people try to make comic book and sci fi hero adaptations. And that’s why we don’t get many stories where we just make the big badguy cry and then just go home and then go back to being the big bad guy in the next show. How many times do we have to watch Batman either kill off a badguy or send them to an asylum or jail? obviously a lot. That doesn’t make Batman a bad story. It might be same old same old, but it works. Batman making the Joker have feelings for a couple of days after setting him free , even though he just finished a murder spree and killed Robin doesn’t 

It gives Fisk a reason to not go after Maya anymore.  He doesn’t want to deal with his issues, because he wants to keep that rage.  In some deep dark crevice of his mind, he doesn’t want to confront that childhood trauma again, to feel weak again.  And somehow he knows that she’ll force him to deal with it, if he goes after her again.

Better for Fisk to go back, play mayor, and fall back to his old habits.  Again, he’d rather bash someone’s skull in than deal with his ish.

As for Maya, she was raging too, waging war and wanting to replace Fisk.  It’s only after she honestly deals with her family hang-ups that she finally heals.

2 hours ago, Mog said:

Better for Fisk to go back, play mayor, and fall back to his old habits.  Again, he’d rather bash someone’s skull in than deal with his ish.

The mayor thing seems a bit odd. He’s got so much on him if they keep the Daredevil stuff as part of the story. If they erased the events of Daredevil, then it makes more sense. 

I have a bad feeling people would still vote for Fisk, regardless of all his criminal issues.

Sadly, we can point to real-life examples where this is exactly the case.

Edited by Mog

5 minutes ago, Mog said:

I have a bad feeling people would still vote for Fisk, regardless of all his criminal issues.

Sadly, we can point to real-life examples where this is exactly the case.

I honestly don’t think anyone would put a someone convicted of the crimes that Kingpin was in trouble for in the ticket in the first place, let alone the things that he had done that to others would have been heavily rumored about.

And I do think there are some here that have gotten pretty far having certain allegations against them, they were running major criminal organizations and having murder accusations thrown around about them. But like I said earlier, it depends on how much this is sticking to the events of the Netflix stuff.

11 hours ago, Big s said:

I do think there are some here that have gotten pretty far having certain allegations against them, they were running major criminal organizations and having murder accusations thrown around about them.

Oh dear... has my past finally caught up with me? 😟

Apologies to Black Dynamite:

”FIENDISH @tekering!  Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for KUNG-FU TREACHERY!!”

🤪

Edited by Mog

Age of Ulton was on the other night and it was to the point where the city started to drop, and there's the helicarrier in the background, and the thought suddenly popped into my, 'well, there's the Ark.' Because if they had failed, the safest place to be would be in the air above it all, with several thousand survivors and a tech base to restart civilization with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to Marvel Studios and Animation Disney+ TV Shows
  • azrael changed the title to Marvel Studios TV Shows and Animation on Disney+
  • 2 weeks later...

After starting a rewatch of the old episodes, I’m definitely far less excited for this. I’ve gotten about half way through season 2 and the dialogue and action is pure cheese. They really had a small budget back then. 
I know the big complaints included Rogue having her bodacious body nerfed and that Morph is nonbinary now, but Rogue already had her looks nerfed and Morph was trying to seduce dudes in the old episodes. 
Honestly, I’d have rather seen a brand new project that just has good writers and better animation 

9 hours ago, Big s said:

After starting a rewatch of the old episodes, I’m definitely far less excited for this. I’ve gotten about half way through season 2 and the dialogue and action is pure cheese. They really had a small budget back then. 
I know the big complaints included Rogue having her bodacious body nerfed and that Morph is nonbinary now, but Rogue already had her looks nerfed and Morph was trying to seduce dudes in the old episodes. 
Honestly, I’d have rather seen a brand new project that just has good writers and better animation 

Disney milks all things nostalgia run by their department made up of 'member berries. It's kinda sad tbh.