• 2 weeks later...

The big talk in the news has been the mess with Daredevil. When your show is so bad they decide to scrap most of what was filmed and fire the show runners it really makes me wish they had just not bothered with it. Hopefully they can rescue the show and not just pump out another secret invasion mess, but it’s not sounding hopeful at the moment 

On 10/13/2023 at 4:40 PM, Big s said:

The big talk in the news has been the mess with Daredevil. When your show is so bad they decide to scrap most of what was filmed and fire the show runners it really makes me wish they had just not bothered with it. Hopefully they can rescue the show and not just pump out another secret invasion mess, but it’s not sounding hopeful at the moment 

Yeah if they ruin my boy after three seasons on Netflix, two of which were really good, I'll be highly disappointed. At least they realized what they were doing was crap and scrapped it early enough, I've also read the series is going to be dialed back to half the promised episodes, which is fine, the Netflix shows had too many episodes and those were all still better written then any of the D+ MCU shows, so yeah, less is probably more in this case. 

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Yeah if they ruin my boy after three seasons on Netflix, two of which were really good, I'll be highly disappointed. At least they realized what they were doing was crap and scrapped it early enough, I've also read the series is going to be dialed back to half the promised episodes, which is fine, the Netflix shows had too many episodes and those were all still better written then any of the D+ MCU shows, so yeah, less is probably more in this case. 

I agree about shortening the season. Disney can barely keep it together these days and expecting them to handle a long season is too much for them. I’ll take Netflix fluff over Disney trying to overstretch an unsure concept.

Or here’s a novel idea:  why not hire the folks who did the Netflix series, and let them do what they were planning for Season 4 (with Bullseye coming back)?

The hubris Disney had to call it “Born Again,” when Season 3 practically did that story, was annoying.

3 hours ago, Mog said:

Or here’s a novel idea:  why not hire the folks who did the Netflix series, and let them do what they were planning for Season 4 (with Bullseye coming back)?

The hubris Disney had to call it “Born Again,” when Season 3 practically did that story, was annoying.

This as well. The Netflix crew had, from what I've read, basically everything ready to start production on season 4 then the plug got pulled. I know Disney wants this to be a light reboot, but why not just continue things, and for those that didn't watch the Netflix stuff just give us a summary or some dialogue to quickly cover things. And yes, season 3 was the Netflix crew adapting "Born Again", even though Disney swears they aren't adapting that the name doesn't help and even taking cues from that will probably end up coming closer to DD Netflix season 3 then they wanted or were expecting. 

Either way I'm nervous, Netflix DD was , overall, pretty fantastic, and I was hyped to see a "proper" Bullseye in season 4, D+ knows they have a lot to live up to so scrapping things if they were terrible is at least a small first step in the right direction. 

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Official Trailer unsubbed and subbed.

The trailer looks good, but I’m not sure on this one. I’m just hoping that they can get back to good shows.
I like Loki, but I’m getting tired of the multiverse. At least Echo looks more grounded

5 minutes ago, Big s said:

The trailer looks good, but I’m not sure on this one. I’m just hoping that they can get back to good shows.
I like Loki, but I’m getting tired of the multiverse. At least Echo looks more grounded

I got excited when I saw the man without fear on the trailer even for a fraction of a second. :wub: 

I'm hoping she's going to wear the handpaint thru mid-season. ;) 

7 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Not for Disney+ as I just cancelled renewing my annual subscription plan. Last year I paid $80 and this year it would have been $140.

I’ve been thinking about doing the same. If I weren’t getting let down by them I wouldn’t consider it, but somehow they manage. Loki is ok, but it feels like a show with no consequences, just a gimmick that’s worn very thin. Daredevil sucked so bad Disney was ashamed and Samuel L. Jackson finally got a show to himself and it totally sucked. Then there’s the Star Wars stuff, turning gold into turds in some kinda weird reverse alchemy.

I keep hanging by a thread because they have access to some of the greatest franchises of all time and I want them to be good and keep hoping they’re gonna learn from their mistakes.