Random things you've picked out watching Macross

rewooh

I was watching an episode of the 'robotech' series, i believe...the episode Paradise Lost and while the supply trucks were delivering, i saw a fast food place in the backround named "MAcross Nalds"

i thought i was funny to see that.

Anyone else picked up any random stuff.

Doubtless accidental(the product hadn't been invented yet), but in episode 13, one of the buildings has a large DirectX logo on it's sign.

Nah, just M$ stole the logo from there ;):rolleyes:

Or else Macross is prophesizing a world owned by Microsoft, where car windshields blue-screen and billboards flash "powered by Microsoft".

Because it couldn't POSSIBLY be that the logo design is so simplistic that it was developed independently by both parties. :)

The one that I always notice and wonder about is in "Pinapple Salad": In the Animeigo sub, they point out a sign during the Max-Millia fight that says something like "Keiko Hondoh." Does anyone know who she is?

the night i found the budweiser can missles in DYRL - i couldn't believe it. we were watching it in the dorm lounge and i said "hold on..." we rewound and slo-moed and there it was LOL. it's more fun finding easter eggs on your own vs being told on the internet. of course, i never would have found out about the orguss-destroid or naked misa in orguss without the internet, so go figure.

The "cast of Mary Poppins" costumes worn by background people using the moving walkways when Guld is saying goodbye to Myung at the spaceport in Macross Plus.

No, I'm not making that up... :huh:

I've also often wondered just what great moments in Macross aviation history are recorded on the wall of Col. Millard Johnsons office at New Edwards...

In one of the episodes after love drifts away there is a scene in which Hikaru and Misa are talking and in the backround there is a store with a sign that says "Adult Toys." I think it is spelt Adalt toy in the episode. Don't know if anybody has caught this before but though I would mention it. Got a chuckle out of me at any rate.

How bout in Dyrl Whin misa walks in on hikaru and minmay, you can see a valkyrie ( the one shoji kawamori named the valkyries after, i forget what its realy called, xb...something) next to the vf-4. and the orguss valkyries in love drifts away, and maxis infamus tail missles.

XB-70 Valkyrie.

And the Orguss Valkyrie appears many places. It was in a stock cell that got moved around a lot, sometimes flipped so it looked diffrent.

Strangest thing I've noticed is in Macross TV: Hikaru loses the left arm off of every Valkyrie he flies... (VT-102 left arm gets shot off with Minmay in it, VF-1J's left arm gets shot off by Kamujin and the VF-1S left arm gets blown off... along with the right... when Hikaru blocks some missles in Love Drifts Away).

Does Kawamori have something against the left arm?

Conspiracy!

:ph34r:

I think the left arm, right arm thing has to do with a paticular fighting stance. Think about it. If your right handed what arm are you going to do most of the blocking with. You can even see this in Macross plus. The VF-11 and YF-19 have there shields on the left arms.

Of course I don't know if this argument can still hold for Hikaru since he gets damaged so much.

Edited by scand

and again.....

Stay call fanboys! This one is the censored version.

Oh, come on... It's not like we haven't seen that "topless Misa" pic uncensored 25 times over... :lol:

There's also the Duke's autogyro from Castle of Cagliostro there.

right at the end of the movie when hikaru is busting thru the fortress to get to bodolza - he unleashes a volley of missles which tears thru the cables etc in the tunnel - one of the missles is a beer can.

That's a beer can? Of course, I can't read Japanese, so I won't feel too stupid if the Japanese characters spell out "beer."

right at the end of the movie when hikaru is busting thru the fortress to get to bodolza - he unleashes a volley of missles which tears thru the cables etc in the tunnel - one of the missles is a beer can.

That's a beer can? Of course, I can't read Japanese, so I won't feel too stupid if the Japanese characters spell out "beer."

Actually, it's clearly a Budweiser can. They even have the sticker for the Yamato 1/48 Fps, IIRC...

Sorry I don't have the screen cap right now. It's not that hard to spot, I actually saw it the first time I watched DYRL.