• 8 months later...

Wow, I wasn't expecting to see another re-release of them. Too bad the other three kits in the series aren't getting re-released also

They're resin kits, with some cast metal parts. And the Supersylph also has some brass photo-etched parts. They're great kits, but not for beginners.

Good news! Read the books, never seen the anime (yet), but I really like the plane designs. Picked up a Super Sylph on Mandarake a few weeks back, have to look around and see if I can find a Mave.

Good news! Read the books, never seen the anime (yet), but I really like the plane designs. Picked up a Super Sylph on Mandarake a few weeks back, have to look around and see if I can find a Mave.

Did you end up getting the Alter one?

I wish Alter would make more of the craft, would love a Fand I and II at some point.

I picked up both a Mave and Sylph last year when they re-released them, but they took so long on the Mave I wasn't even able to ship them together from HLJ. Not a huge deal though, they're both beautiful little kits.

I dream of the day I get my 3D printer up to snuff, so I can print myself a set in 1/48th. :lol:

Did you end up getting the Alter one?

Nope, never had an interest in that one. Might be thinking of someone else.

I generally try to grab kits in the 1/72 scale range.

Love the size of the 1/38 scale!

I am wondering if Alter will release the Hammer head variants again. Could make a nice display of the last battle with a few of those. Been a while since I have seen that show, but didn't they call call them flip knight drones or something like that?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Focslain said:

So this series popped up recently in another thread and was wondering if anyone knew which streaming service might be showing this?

Checked Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Netflix, and none of the three appear to have it.  I don't think that Amazon Video does either.  This may be one of those titles that slipped through the cracks.

3 hours ago, Focslain said:

So this series popped up recently in another thread and was wondering if anyone knew which streaming service might be showing this?

Googling just gives me dailymotion which I will look at later.

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Checked Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Netflix, and none of the three appear to have it.  I don't think that Amazon Video does either.  This may be one of those titles that slipped through the cracks.

If you don't mind watching the English Dubbed version, it's available for free streaming here.

On 2018-02-23 at 10:03 PM, TrickyCustomer said:

I have both the Alter 1/100 models on route, has anyone got them? Would love Bandai to make a 1/60 line of all the aircraft in the series.

You mean the pre-built models? I have all three of them. They are awesome. Highly detailed, lots of armament options, but unfortunately very fragile. I think I broke something on all three of them when trying to arm them or put them on their display stands.

Larger toys would be very welcome indeed, but that will probably not happen given that the show is so old now. 

1 hour ago, Lorindor said:

You mean the pre-built models? I have all three of them. They are awesome. Highly detailed, lots of armament options, but unfortunately very fragile. I think I broke something on all three of them when trying to arm them or put them on their display stands.

Larger toys would be very welcome indeed, but that will probably not happen given that the show is so old now. 

I was considering all of three of them when they were widely available when I dicovered Mandarake back then. But most of the reviews I've read and watched are saying the same thing -- that they're so fragile. And knowing that they're expensive I can't pull the trigger for it before. So I'm just wishing for a bigger scale. And hopefully it comes pre-painted too. Don't mind paying the same price as the Alter ones or a little bit more as long that it's on par like Calibre Wings 1/72 scale make, I'm good to wait. ^_^

3 hours ago, Lorindor said:

Yes that's the ones. I'm just missing the hammerhead now. They are indeed very detailed with lots of accessories but let down by the scale and nowadays... Price. Only reason I bought them is because I'm not a model builder. 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I was considering all of three of them when they were widely available when I dicovered Mandarake back then. But most of the reviews I've read and watched are saying the same thing -- that they're so fragile. And knowing that they're expensive I can't pull the trigger for it before. So I'm just wishing for a bigger scale. And hopefully it comes pre-painted too. Don't mind paying the same price as the Alter ones or a little bit more as long that it's on par like Calibre Wings 1/72 scale make, I'm good to wait. ^_^

I recently pre ordered the calibre wings f-14 s Roy Focker version. Look forward to that! F14 is my favorite real world jet. Love the start of Mac zero with shin dogfighting the migs in one. 

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:04 AM, no3Ljm said:

I've got two of the three releases, and I guess I can see how they're fragile little things, but at the same time, I don't think they're any worse than a professionally built styrene kit would be.*  They're definitely not as sturdy as toys, but if you're after a nice display model, I wouldn't let that deter you. 

If you plan on changing out the weapon loads every other hour, and swooshing them around a lot, yeah, that might not be the best for them, but you're probably not going to find a better representation of them unless you build one from scratch out of sturdier materials.

* Full disclosure, I grew up building and playing with styrene kits to begin with, so my perspective is a little skewed.  I've always been very gentle with any sort of toy or model.

• 1 year later...

There were news where Tom Cruise is to star the movie adaptation of Yukikaze in 2013. What happened? Dead in the track?

I'm guessing Top Gun 2 probably put the kibosh on that. Hollywood execs probably wouldn't want to release two Tom Cruise movies about fighter jets at the same time, and Top Gun just has a larger pop culture presence in general. Bit of a shame, though.

... an F/A-18 is not sensational ....

Fixed that for 'ya!!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Bolt said:

Very interesting design. Is that 1/100?

It's a flying Supercarrier, I think it's more like 1/4000 iirc...

edit: Yukikaze 1/4000 AAC-04 Banshee IV resin model kit

Edited by slide