has anyone explored getting custom shelving built onto a wall for display purposes instead of buying one form of case or another? I have a pair of Detolfs but I loath them to no end. They're cramped, rickety, and hard to move!

IKEA Billy is the best friend of collectors!

http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2016/05/iii-ver-2016-whitebase-iii-of.html

Why doesn't he want it anymore?

Well the paint job is a bit rough as it was brushed on, also the valk is a bit loose and floppy. One of the wing to leg locking pins was broken (by its original owner, which is why it was customised) and the other side pin is worn too so it doesn't lock in properly anymore. Also there is no gun pod. My son does already have an Alto VF-25 so he said i can have this one back. Suits me as im happy to have it back! ;)

Edited by spanner

Well the paint job is a bit rough as it was brushed on, also the valk is a bit loose and floppy. One of the wing to leg locking pins was broken (by its original owner, which is why it was customised) and the other side pin is worn too so it doesn't lock in properly anymore. Also there is no gun pod. My son does already have an Alto VF-25 so he said i can have this one back. Suits me as im happy to have it back! ;)

Wait, do I know that 25?

-b.

most likely you do! its MWF member Scream Man's former custom paint scheme Valkyrie which I traded off him.. ^_^

Ah okay, I just remember at one time I had a VF-25F with a broken peg for sale. I'm pretty sure that I sold it, just honestly can't remember to who. Or maybe I didn't.

So many toys have come and gone... :blink:

Either way, cool custom!

-b.

The closest IKEA to me is 4.5 hours away. I weep daily for it as the availability of anything even remotely decently priced to display my stuff is nonexistent. You lucky people with one nearby have all my jealousy!

So, what I really want to do (if I can ever scrounge up the money to do it) is create a display that would allow me to have a showcase a shelf (or shelves) with an LED back-lit diorama background using swappable printed acrylic sheets (or whatever would work)--like a star field, or planetary landscape, animation cel, etc.

I've been searching and searching for ways to make it happen or to find examples good enough to show to a contractor to explain what I mean without much luck.

But I did see this, lol http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60241544/

kinda small, but neat.

I am getting back in, which display stands did you use for the 1/60 and the ones that have a bit of yellow? (to Pedro)

flightpose stand...those are really good....some people have problem with them..but I have 0 problem. you can find them on Google.

Installed my first set of Ikea LED lights in my Detolf today after work. Pain in the rear getting all the cables neat, but I'm pretty happy with the result for 30 bucks. Took me about 2 hours. Sorry for the sideways pics.

Very nice display. Do you only have the one light bar installed at the top? If so, I'm impressed with how much is making it all the way to the bottom shelf.

I am getting back in, which display stands did you use for the 1/60 and the ones that have a bit of yellow? (to Pedro)

flightpose stand...those are really good....some people have problem with them..but I have 0 problem. you can find them on Google.

I have to agree with Pedro, the Flight Pose stands are good, quite cheap each and represent great value for money! Some people have reported issues with toys sticking to the stalks rubber end caps after sitting for extended lengths of time and in some cases the rubber caps pulling paint off painted surfaces! but I have about 90 Valkyrie's and about 40 of those are sitting on Flight Pose stands and never had any issue.

The Yeti Stands are much better as you can achieve more radical display setups and have multiple Valkyrie's on a single stand (FP stands can only support a single Valk) but they are quite a bit more expensive.. but for good reason.

Very nice display. Do you only have the one light bar installed at the top? If so, I'm impressed with how much is making it all the way to the bottom shelf.

There are 4 light strips in each cabinet, got the 2nd one done yesterday.. friendly piece of advise... put the lights in AS you build your Detolf.. trust me on this.. LOL.

post-11393-0-33173700-1471312891_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-97971300-1471312900_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-13431700-1471312916_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592