YF-1R (Jack Archer)

OK, so I posted this link once before, but it was removed. So here is the link to a review of the YF-1R:

Blue Forge Games Please check it out.

Also, if I could get an explanation as to why the first post was removed. I have reviewed the general rules for posting and cannot find why the first post was objectionable in any way. I am also not certain who actually removed it, so I cannot PM them directly, otherwise I would. So if the mod who removed it could either please PM me or reply here as to what was the problem with the first post so I do not repeat the mistake, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

I am not certain what you mean.  What are you referring to by "this kinda thing"?  I would like to have a heads up if and when it happens.

Mainly, since this thing is part of Robotech and not Macross, you should consider posting your link to the pinned MPC thread in the Other Anime and Science Fiction forum.

Some people are pretty touchy about Robotech, Harmony Gold, and the MPC's due to the legal tactics used by HG in an effort to keep Yamato's Valkyries out of the US. (For which, see here but think twice before posting unless you've read the whole thread.)

Edited by ewilen

Guilty.

Just so you know if your post was removed once it is not a good idea to post it again. Your review was moved want to know why?

This is Macross World not Robotech World. If it's not Macross don't too surprized if it's moved.

And this Jack Archer character sounds like someone HG dreamed up as a Fokker replacement.

He was the star of the video game Robotech: Battlecry.

If anything he was a Rick Hunter replacement; look at that hair and the fact that he's a major wuss. Sadly, just about all the characters in Battlecry were mor eor less soulless copies of the original Macross cast.

And this Jack Archer character sounds like someone HG dreamed up as a Fokker replacement.

He was the star of the video game Robotech: Battlecry.

If anything he was a Rick Hunter replacement; look at that hair and the fact that he's a major wuss. Sadly, just about all the characters in Battlecry were mor eor less soulless copies of the original Macross cast.

Actually, it looks like they took Roy, took off some wrinkles and added Rick Hunter hair.

I still say the MPC has the best looking Guardian/Gerwalk mode of any VF-1 toy yet.

How do you figure? This isn't an attack I just don't see how it is.

I see it in the way the MPCs legs bend into the A stance and slant away from the vertical, as well as the way the body of the mecha looks against those legs.

I dunno why, but to me, it has a better looking A-stance than the other toys.

Posse Comitatus,

Are the legs ratches tight or loose on this one?

For the model we used, the joints worked out as follows:

Hip- slightly loose;

hip/upper thigh- tight;

middle of upper thigh- slightly loose;

knees- tight

The "bar" that holds the leg to the body is the slightly loose point. However, with the one we took the photos with, it held just fine. It keeps its poses fine. If you are holding it in the air and jar it, the looser joints might rotate out of position, but it will otherwise stay in its pose.

The joints are really good at adjusting to the table top/ground: it's not so tight that you have to work at getting the YF-1R into a pose, but it's not so loose that it just falls over. The model for the photographs we used was put through some abuse in order to get all of the photos, and it held up great.

As a side note, if you are interested in keeping up the longevity of your YF-1R, or any of your mecha, please check out our quick tips page at: Blue Forge Games Quick Tips

The Robotech researchers wanted to achieve a Veritech that could attain top speed and maneuverability over existing Veritech versions, so they striped the YF-1R of almost all of its armor.

I looked at all the photos but see no evidence of any removal of armor. :D

They switched from heavy construction paper over to newsprint for the armor. Looks the same, but not as strong. :lol:

Edited by yellowlightman

That and

Due to the speed and high performance of the YF-1R, it is also referred to as a "stealth" Veritech for its capability to avoid detection by pure speed.
are both pretty silly. It sounds like they're just writing up any old thing that pops into their heads. (No offense to PC; I assume the source is HG.) Edited by ewilen

Oh, god, it's been a while since I've seen an MPC.

Seriously, that thing just looks like one of the old Bandai kits I used to make. At least with those I could blame myself if I built it and it didn't look right. Eeuchhh!

"Nice video, shame about the song".

Also "a-hole World", apparently.  :p

Welcome to "a-hole World"! Here, have a door knob! :lol:

edit:

Just checked out the YF-1R review... :rolleyes:

Then a review for a 1/60 Yamato CF.

http://www.blueforgegames.com/ProductDescr...iption_VF1A.php

This is a Macross Valk he's reviewing. WTF is this description about nose-cone lasers on veritechs when in the rest of the thing they write "valkyrie"? :angry:

Edited by Sumdumgai

That and
Due to the speed and high performance of the YF-1R, it is also referred to as a "stealth" Veritech for its capability to avoid detection by pure speed.
are both pretty silly. It sounds like they're just writing up any old thing that pops into their heads. (No offense to PC; I assume the source is HG.)

hey, if it's going fast enough, it would be practically invisible to the actual units (rather than their radar). Ever try catching a bullet? No really, you're absolutely right, FZero-One, the storyline on the YF-1R's abilitiy to evade detection is very much akin to the SR-71, and not to the B-bomber or the f-117.

Also, thanks, Sumdumgai, for catching that error on the VF-1A. We do try to keep the veritechs with the veritechs, and the valkyries with the valkyries. Sometimes they intermingle without our consent. If anyone catches any editing mistakes, please go ahead and point them out. We appreciate the help.

Guilty.

Just so you know if your post was removed once it is not a good idea to post it again.  Your review was moved want to know why?

This is Macross World not Robotech World.  If it's not Macross don't too surprized if it's moved.

Also "a-hole World", apparently. :p

whow,,, I guess its justified considering the bullits Posse's review thread is taking

in other words, keep it in the HG debate thread people