Played with my 1/60 VF-1A V1 little bit.

ZDZIYO

I have to admit that I do like the weight of it, although transformation was painful.

It feels great when you hold it in hand.

This makes me wonder how many people would love their valkies to be little bit heavier and actually kept a few v1s for this reason, or one of the reasons.

Edited by ZDZIYO

I have to admit that I do like the weight of it, although transformation was painful.

It feels great when you hold it in hand.

This makes me wonder how many people would love their valkies to be little bit heavier and actually kept a few v1s for this reason, or one of the reasons.

I totally agree with what you say. Not only i kept few of my old vf-1 1.0 but i i still prefer some of the old models to the v2. Specifically the super ostrich and the VF-1J max and millia(except for the pilots). Plus, the legs. I mean the legs of the V.2 are just terrible. In general i feel that the battroid version of the v.1 feel more "mecha" than the v.2, whom are great for posability but they always looked too "human" to me.

The v.1 VF-1 the ugliest, most wretched abortion of a toy I've ever had the misfortune of owning, bar none. They are the worst representation of the VF-1 ever shat out of Satan's butthole, and I'm including the Toynami MPC and super poseables in that statement. I would rather have a rotting human placenta festering on my shelf than a v1 VF-1.

Also, I don't like them.

Edited by anime52k8

The v.1 VF-1 the ugliest, most wretched abortion of a toy I've ever had the misfortune of owning, bar none. They are the worst representation of the VF-1 ever shat out of Satan's butthole, and I'm including the Toynami MPC and super poseables in that statement. I would rather have a rotting human placenta festering on my shelf than a v1 VF-1.

Also, I don't like them.

Hehe! Gotta say i pretty much feel the same about the v1.. Glad i sold em all off.. no regrets! The v2 were such a radical step forward that the first time i held one im my hand i was light headed for days from all the blood rushing to my old fella and away from my brain!

I don't own a V1 so I can't comment on any part of that, I will say concerning the "weight" comment that I don't necessarily equate weight with something feeling quality. I honestly like how the V2 VF-1 and VF-11 feel so light, really. They're easier for me to pick up and flip around versus some of the heavier toys in the collection.

I don't own a V1 so I can't comment on any part of that, I will say concerning the "weight" comment that I don't necessarily equate weight with something feeling quality. I honestly like how the V2 VF-1 and VF-11 feel so light, really. They're easier for me to pick up and flip around versus some of the heavier toys in the collection.

QFT

Pretty sure I still have a couple MISB Yamato v1 1/60 VF-1's somewhere around the house but I have no desire to find or open them. That said they were good releases for the time and still significantly better than anything Toynami came out with.

I'm very happy that Yamato came out with the v2's and I sure do wish the days when they were being released on a regular basis.

-b.

Version one Yamatos. Well what can you say about them. How about.

They were ground breaking for their time. They were the newest "perfect transformation" valks in decades. The best thing before them were the Bandai chunky monkeys, BLEH. They ushered in a new era of valk pricing, collecting and new interest in the franchise.

Were they perfect no, Yamato did open up a whole new world for us and I am grateful. If I had to give up all but one of my valks, I would keep my V1 VF-1J supa. Love that toy in battroid more than any of the others.

vf1j10.jpg

Version one Yamatos. Well what can you say about them. How about.

They were ground breaking for their time. They were the newest "perfect transformation" valks in decades. The best thing before them were the Bandai chunky monkeys, BLEH. They ushered in a new era of valk pricing, collecting and new interest in the franchise.

Were they perfect no, Yamato did open up a whole new world for us and I am grateful. If I had to give up all but one of my valks, I would keep my V1 VF-1J supa. Love that toy in battroid more than any of the others.

vf1j10.jpg

But, isn't that a V2 you've got in that pic? If not, I really need to read up on the differences. I thought they were much more profound.

Perhaps due to the lack of any other alternative at the time, folks may have been more forgiving back then..... ;)

hehe! yeah I guess that was the case.. I'll admit they were pretty cool back in the day and definitely a better proportioned Valkyrie than the 1/55 were but there were a few things that bugged the crap outta me about them.. mostly the transformation which was I always thought was a step backwards compared to the older 1/55.. especially the leg system for battroid mode was not cool.. <_<

but hey there's no point living in the past as we now have way way waaaayyyy more cooler toys to enjoy so who cares right! ;):D