DX Chogokin YF-25 Prophecy

SaitouSad

Besides the RVF-171 there is pretty much nothing left to be done with the Macross Frontier license and after the self exploding triangle fiasco I think is more likely we see more 25 repaints than that.

Edited by 3D-Brainx

I would love to see an RVF-171 still but Bandai already seems happy doing various Mac30 repaints for the 29, and supposedly the 30 is still on it's way as well. Who wants to take bets we'll be seeing a Leon paint scheme sometime soon as well?

As regards the YF-24, have you compared the top-down silhouettes of the 24 with the 30?

Edited by Mommar

I forgot about the YF-24! Is it doable?? Is there line art?

I would love to see the RVF-171 too, I would get Lucca's custom for sure. But as you said, I think is more likely to see Leons 25 than the RVF-171. Hope I'm wrong.

Here's something of line art for the YF-24. A few cosmetic changes and it becomes the YF-30 really.

by that logic,a few cosmetic changes to the YF-30 and it becomes a VF-0D. The only real similarities between them is that they both have delta wings and are jets that turn into robots.

by that logic,a few cosmetic changes to the YF-30 and it becomes a VF-0D. The only real similarities between them is that they both have delta wings and are jets that turn into robots.

You've not compared the pictures have you? The 0D and 30 look nothing alike. The 24 and 30 are extremely similar even if the transformation mechanisms have been modified. Enough people on here alone have confused the 30 for being a part of Frontier or for being another extension of the 25, because they look that similar. Nobody is confusing the 0D for any of these other fighters.

For those of you hoping for another Quarter, I hope you get your wish. We need more capitol ships. For myself, however, I cannot abide that "cruiser" mode.

Edited by Mommar

The quarter needs to be renewal'd for sure.

Also need a Monster, preferably 1/100 or 1/72.

1/144 was to small for the other DX's.

The DX Monster was 1/100.

The monster was meant to be paired up with the Robot Damashii side VF series of toys, but had DX quality hence the marketing of "DX Chogokin x Robot Damashii" on the box. It was really meant to be paired up with the Side <VF> toys for scale. I mean it would be awesome to have a 1/60 lol but it would be way too big and expensive.

I bought all of the Side VF toys to go with it so it could have it's own display with Pixie squad, Alto and Michael. Unfortunately they failed to launch the Ozma variant so the set is incomplete, but looks great paired together nonetheless.

I would take a renewal quarter if it was done in the right colors. I buy most Macross toys and I just could not buy the old quarter even at under 100 USD. The colors were all wrong and it seemed to be floppy in Cruiser mode. I did want one though to go with my SDF-1.

Edited by Loop

The monster was meant to be paired up with the Robot Damashii side VF series of toys, but had DX quality hence the marketing of "DX Chogokin x Robot Damashii" on the box. It was really meant to be paired up with the Side <VF> toys for scale. I mean it would be awesome to have a 1/60 lol but it would be way too big and expensive.

I bought all of the Side VF toys to go with it so it could have it's own display with Pixie squad, Alto and Michael. Unfortunately they failed to launch the Ozma variant so the set is incomplete, but looks great paired together nonetheless.

I would take a renewal quarter if it was done in the right colors. I buy most Macross toys and I just could not buy the old quarter even at under 100 USD. The colors were all wrong and it seemed to be floppy in Cruiser mode. I did want one though to go with my SDF-1.

Correct, it's a DX release but fits with the Robot Spirits line. It's roughly 1/100 the same way the DX Valks are roughly 1/60.

Also, odds are decently good that you might see them still on sale, even at NY or HLJ, after the official release. While this one might be a little harder to grab because of uniqueness, it doesn't have any canon chraracter attached to it at all, and that seems to be the biggest selling point for most of the Frontier line.

As far as this one goes, i can take it or leave it. I love the homage to the YF-16 prototype markings, but like many of bandai's releases, they just went berserk with the multiple colors, and the black and yellow tails just really clash with the rest of the scheme I think. They should have just stuck to the red/white/blue of the original. Even the orange isn't so terrible, but the tails just look out of place.

aak.jpg?m=1371919972

Edited by Chronocidal

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ok, my contact in japan, just quoted 12900 yen to preorder the yf25. But he usually charges about 3200 yen for ems. I have one at cdjapan for 14000yen. With sal 1700 yen. I wonder if it's worth getting a double.

Also i agree that this wont be as popular as no character is attached to it and prob will be able to find this for cost at release.

The quarter needs to be renewal'd for sure.

Also need a Monster, preferably 1/100 or 1/72.

1/144 was to small for the other DX's.

You've not compared the pictures have you? The 0D and 30 look nothing alike. The 24 and 30 are extremely similar even if the transformation mechanisms have been modified. Enough people on here alone have confused the 30 for being a part of Frontier or for being another extension of the 25, because they look that similar. Nobody is confusing the 0D for any of these other fighters.

For those of you hoping for another Quarter, I hope you get your wish. We need more capitol ships. For myself, however, I cannot abide that "cruiser" mode.

The Quarter definitely would need to be redone if they would want to release it again. There's large, visible screw holes everywhere, among other things. But I'm not fond of the carrier mode.

I agree that we need more capitol ships and I think they ought to do the New Macross class carriers. The carrier mode for those look pretty awesome, imo, and I can guarantee they wouldn't be floppy as there is nothing in that mode to flop around. They'd be even more solid than the SDF-1 in cruiser mode since they don't even have the arms extending down the sides. I think the attack mode looks better than the Quarter's as well.

Oh yes, and I think I'm going to wait until after release to get the YF-25. This is a rather obscure valk in comparison and not tied to a major character. I think there's a high chance this will be easily available after launch.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I'll take the first two. Don't want the Vajra though.

I don't even necessarily want transformable one's. I'll take an Uruga or Northampton as well. Though a Battle 7 would be cool I'm honestly not fond of the Attack mode look. The carrier mode looks really good though.

I grabbed one because of what's happened with the VF-X with Yamato. No not to make money, but idont want to want one years from now and find out its a rare and expensive valk. The VF-X was one readily available just like this one.

I also think it will look great with the canopy open and a ground crew around it inside a chain base.

I must say that the price fluctuations from Japanese web retailers are the craziest ones I have ever seen. I have never seen such rapid price increases and decreases within a matter of days. Bizarre (and frustrating). Personally I pre-ordered the YF 29 Ozma instead. Am going to take my chances with the YF 25 and wait for when it is released. Hopefully it will be available at retail price (no markups). If not then I'll wait and see if any other colourways may appear in the future. I dont know why but I am not feeling the orange colour that much.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

i had 2 on preorder but just got refunded for my cdjapan one. i'm going to just get one and try and keep an extra yf-19