why is everyone selling their renewal valks

slaginpit

The most Renewal Valkyries I see on ebay are above or around the $250 mark and it really is only the VF-25F that are being sold for a lower price. Keep in mind that Altos ride is the only one where Bandai released a reissues so there are much more units around. Mandarake has some of the VF-25F for MSRB.

So my guess it that the people try to sell off additional units that they got during the Renewal craze. I think most of them could be scalpers that couldn't get rid of their stock. Maybe the market is finally cooling down to a more normal level.

However with the preorder madness of the YF-29 Ozma Custom in mind I guess it will take a while until the we get to normal preorder periods with the Renewal stuff.

In general I think the market was extremely overheated and is not going back to normal but a wise man once said to never discuss economics over the Internet so I leave it at that and dust off my Renewal collection. :)

The most Renewal Valkyries I see on ebay are above or around the $250 mark and it really is only the VF-25F that are being sold for a lower price. Keep in mind that Altos ride is the only one where Bandai released a reissues so there are much more units around. Mandarake has some of the VF-25F for MSRB.

So my guess it that the people try to sell off additional units that they got during the Renewal craze. I think most of them could be scalpers that couldn't get rid of their stock. Maybe the market is finally cooling down to a more normal level.

However with the preorder madness of the YF-29 Ozma Custom in mind I guess it will take a while until the we get to normal preorder periods with the Renewal stuff.

In general I think the market was extremely overheated and is not going back to normal but a wise man once said to never discuss economics over the Internet so I leave it at that and dust off my Renewal collection. :)

good points.

I have been after the armor v2 for my blue vf-25 renewal. And I now have a renewal luca coming my way. Don't know what to do with my old one.

I can tell you why I sold mine.

1. They are poorly made. They joints get loose after one transformation. Sloppy.

2. They are poorly painted. Lack of decent paint apps for a $200+ toy. (No fuselage paint or standard show markings)

3. QA issues. The 171 left a bad taste in my mouth with the triangle auto-destruct, and the scratches.

4. Overpaying for PO's and then having the valks be $30-40 bucks cheaper after market. Pump and Dump.

5. Supers and armors are too hard to get a hold of. $200 to upgrade Alto or Ozama so they can look how they should look? F that.

Personal reasons:

1. I have no huge emotional attachment to either the show or the frontier valk design. I enjoyed the OVA but I'm not otaku for it or anything. I love the fighter mode, but the battroid legs are a bit too bell shaped for my tastes and cause a goofy look. And I am REALLY not crazy about the torso. Everything from the VF-11 design onward goes for the uniboob, or uniboob fold and I'm not keen on it. Just fold the front of the jet down please.

2. I didn't enjoy the transformation. Though it's not super difficult, it isn't super fun either. The 171 is an exercise in frustration. Overly complicated and poorly flush engineering.

3. For me, they are not fun to handle in battroid (See point 1) which is my favorite mode. I would pick it up and get pissed off with it. Even with the tons of articulation over the VF-1 Yam/Arc, with the loose joints you're not getting anything special in that department IMO.

4. It pisses me off when they market it as a chogokin, when it has no more diecast than a Yamato really.

I sort of want a Ozama when they renewal it.. but again, finding the armor parts is another $200 bucks and hard to find. Shrug. I'd rather focus on SDF and Zero. My two favorite shows and keep my collection more uniform. I'd rather spend $160 or so on a rareish Yamato piece than throw down $200 for a junkie bandai valk.

You're not going to get $250 unless they are just a rube.

I got about $200 for my Alto, and $140ish for my RVF-25 and just broke even or lost $10 bucks.

Maybe in a year when all the renewal re-issues are cleaned out, but the only one going for a lot is Ozama

Edited by Gakken85

...just waiting on someone to post a link to these cheap/less expensive Bandai (we are talking about Bandai right?) Renewals on eBay.

All the ones I see are, even at their least expensive prices, more than retail with certain models being listed for much higher.

-b.

I see them on japanese sights all the time, or here on the buy/sell/trade, though some people still ask too much haha.

And yeah people are ASKING for more on ebay. But if you put a valk up for $100 bucks and let people bid, they aren't going to pay those prices.

Personal reasons:

1. I have no huge emotional attachment to either the show or the frontier valk design. I enjoyed the OVA but I'm not otaku for it or anything. I love the fighter mode, but the battroid legs are a bit too bell shaped for my tastes and cause a goofy look. And I am REALLY not crazy about the torso. Everything from the VF-11 design onward goes for the uniboob, or uniboob fold and I'm not keen on it. Just fold the front of the jet down please.

Main reason for me not gettin the MacF valks is partly in Gakken's Point #1.

The show just doesnt stick..not much of a storyline, felt too "cartoony" & anime-ish, and the lack of realism in the show, unlike SDF-movie/Plus/Zero (minus Zero's episode 4 & 5 of zero, which a bit too alien-ish, wouldve liked it better if they toned it down a bit) and the valks are too flashy. The only paint scheme I can swallow is the 25A..which I probably will regret not getting few months ahead when the prices start to bloat..heh.

EDITED : to each their own

Edited by aaajin

I see them on japanese sights all the time, or here on the buy/sell/trade, though some people still ask too much haha.

And yeah people are ASKING for more on ebay. But if you put a valk up for $100 bucks and let people bid, they aren't going to pay those prices.

Yeah, there are sites like Mandarake, Jungle (for the longest I thought that site was my little secret - lol) and other Japanese centric sites that have these at mostly (the 25S and G excluded) reasonable prices, but the OP said eBay so I was just curios where these auctions are.

So I can buy them! :p

-b.

Yeah, there were a few sold RVF-25's and Production 171's that sold for about their original retail prices, along with a small portion of 25A's. Everything else I saw on eBay, including other listings for 25A's were higher.

Oh well, just curious about the eBay listings that prompted the conversation.

-b.

I didn't pay over $200 for any of mine. Close, but the most I paid with shipping was around $189. The armor parts, I didn't even come close to paying $200 for any set. Most was for the Armor parts for Ozma, at $125. Never had the QC issues either , but I do admit, they are a bit sketchy, or can be.

Well, considering I can get a Hot toys, or most of one for $200 with some awesome detail. I'll take that over a frontier valk any day :D

But I have to qualify it and say that's just my expectations and my wants.

I'm sure some people think they are the bee's knees.

Edited by Gakken85

I have my first 25 on the way, I got a 25A off of a member on here for a pretty damn reasonable price. The 25A will likely be my only 25 I keep in my collection, as others have said, Frontier's designs were extremely meh in my opinion. Honestly I would like to get a CF 171 as well, but I've heard nothing but horror stories, I really don't want to buy one then accidentally recreate a death scene while transforming it.

I only have 3 Bandai valks (2 Alto renewals and 1 Focker 29). I don't transform my valks as I'm a fighter mode guy but even handling them in fighter and attaching the various super/armored parts, I really find them to be toylike in comparison to a Yamato which are more model like IMO. That said, once you've got those Tamashi parts on... well then you've really got something killer to display. My super and especially my armored Alto generate a lot of interest from friends and guests who visit the ol' mancave. I'm happy to have them as part of my collection but I will probably limit my Bandai intake to what I have now. I'd consider a 27 if only to add another link in my valk evolution display chain. We'll see.

Like anything in life, it all comes down to what you like, what you want and what you're willing to pay to acquire.

As far as I've seen, they aren't that much cheaper. It's still pretty hard to find an Alto 29 or an Ozma renewal for a decent price. Also the super parts for Alto's 29 along with Ozma's armored parts is just plain stupid on ebay.

Be careful of the RVF, that could become the next Ostrich one day.

I remember picking up an Ostrich V2 on sale at HLJ for $110. Should have bought 20 of them.

Na, the VT-1 played a critical role in DYRL's story line.

Luca is geeky teenager who barely fought. Plus the RVF variant is a half assed design. It's just a VF-25 with a Radar dish and antenna. Where as the VT, is a VE variant (already a rare frame) and unique super parts and head. Without the VT-1, Minmay would have never been captured and in return never have been used by the a zentran as a weapon.

Without Luca (in the TV show) it would have just taken some other nerd to crack the code.

Without Luca (in the movie) nothing would have changed.

Not hating on Luca, he's just a super weak character.

Na, the VT-1 played a critical role in DYRL's story line.

Luca is geeky teenager who barely fought. Plus the RVF variant is a half assed design. It's just a VF-25 with a Radar dish and antenna. Where as the VT, is a VE variant (already a rare frame) and unique super parts and head. Without the VT-1, Minmay would have never been captured and in return never have been used by the a zentran as a weapon.

Without Luca (in the TV show) it would have just taken some other nerd to crack the code.

Without Luca (in the movie) nothing would have changed.

Not hating on Luca, he's just a super weak character.

Everything you said, I totally agree! But for all those reasons is why I'm sceptical. It always happens when something is readily available and no one wants it, suddenly become so desirable. Take the cannon fodder VF-11C. It was available for ages and was on sale for quite some time. Granted it looks a lot cooler than the RVF, but a cannon fodder nonetheless. I don't have real sources to support its production count, but I would assume Bandai produced less compared to the 25F/S because of the Luca factor.

If I'm wrong, poor Luca - but I have to admit I dislike him, not hating on him, just don't really like the dude.

If I'm right, any Valkyrie with a dish on top should be red flagged.

Edited by Isamu Dyson

I can tell you why I sold mine.

1. They are poorly made. They joints get loose after one transformation. Sloppy.

2. They are poorly painted. Lack of decent paint apps for a $200+ toy. (No fuselage paint or standard show markings)

3. QA issues. The 171 left a bad taste in my mouth with the triangle auto-destruct, and the scratches.

4. Overpaying for PO's and then having the valks be $30-40 bucks cheaper after market. Pump and Dump.

5. Supers and armors are too hard to get a hold of. $200 to upgrade Alto or Ozama so they can look how they should look? F that.

Personal reasons:

2. I didn't enjoy the transformation. Though it's not super difficult, it isn't super fun either. The 171 is an exercise in frustration. Overly complicated and poorly flush engineering.

3. For me, they are not fun to handle in battroid (See point 1) which is my favorite mode. I would pick it up and get pissed off with it. Even with the tons of articulation over the VF-1 Yam/Arc, with the loose joints you're not getting anything special in that department IMO.

4. It pisses me off when they market it as a chogokin, when it has no more diecast than a Yamato really.

I sort of want a Ozama when they renewal it.. but again, finding the armor parts is another $200 bucks and hard to find. Shrug. I'd rather focus on SDF and Zero. My two favorite shows and keep my collection more uniform. I'd rather spend $160 or so on a rareish Yamato piece than throw down $200 for a junkie bandai valk.

You're not going to get $250 unless they are just a rube.

I got about $200 for my Alto, and $140ish for my RVF-25 and just broke even or lost $10 bucks.

Maybe in a year when all the renewal re-issues are cleaned out, but the only one going for a lot is Ozama

thanks I kinda feel the same way. However after I got the blue VF-25 Renewal I can see the improvements and I was pretty happy for 180. Anything more than that starts getting stupid for a basic fighter. Heck Id rather throw my money towards a Third Party Transformer or a Riobot. Apparently they are are coming out with transforming Getters. But I do like the renewals to buy them just could not afford them. Still want the armor

I came to the party very late, and only have the one 25, the 25A. It was my first modern bandai valk, and I liked it so much that I bought an Isamu 29 when it came out.

I initially resisted the temptation to buy more Frontier valks (found the F and RVF at very good prices), and now I'm glad I did. I feel no need whatsoever to acquire any more frontier valks. The main reason for me is that they all have that exact same weird torso transformation that I find annoying (I like the design, but hate bandai's engineering).

I might get a renewal 27 if they ever come out with a different color, but that'll be strictly to appease the completionist in me that wants at least one of every Valk type.

Edited by BlueSkull

I have a VF-25G with Super Packs, a VF-27 Brera Custom, and two VF-171 CFs, and I'm happy with all of them. I absolutely love the 25G. I'd still like to get a 25S Renewal, as I like Ozma's color scheme, head, and that back print. fortunately, I haven't had any of the negative issues that seem to plague these toys. I broke one of my VF-171s, but it was impatience and stupidity on my part, not a fault with the toy. I do have to say that my second VF-171 felt more loose out of the box than my first, but the little black triangle on both are still intact. I bought all my Bandai Frontier valks through NY, and I paid about $150-160 for each, not the cheapest place, but certainly not breaking the $200 barrier either.

I personally am not a fan of the Macross Frontier show and had skipped all the V1 VF-25(s). But personal tastes asides, I find the renewals quite ok for their price (MSRP), nothing extraordinary but not uninteresting, at least on par with Yamato's products of the same period, except for the gross finish and the ocational scractches.

for loose joints and broken parts, they happened with Yamato too, and other makers.

As for after market prices, it's really difficult to tell. Now that everyone wants the M&M, but when the 1/60 was issued, they did not sell that fast at all. they were sold at around USD100 (each one) for some time. only when the stocks were cleared the prices started to go up. same thing happened with the 1/48 M&M (could be bought at less then USD100 once). Can see why Yamato did not reissue them until the end.

Edited by alchemo

I personally am not a fan of the Macross Frontier show and had skipped all the V1 VF-25(s). But personal tastes asides, I find the renewals quite ok for their price (MSRP), nothing extraordinary but not uninteresting, at least on par with Yamato's products of the same period, except for the gross finish and the ocational scractches.

for loose joints and broken parts, they happened with Yamato too, and other makers.

As for after market prices, it's really difficult to tell. Now that everyone wants the M&M, but when the 1/60 was issued, they did not sell that fast at all. they were sold at around USD100 (each one) for some time. only when the stocks were cleared the prices started to go up. same thing happened with the 1/48 M&M (could be bought at less then USD100 once). Can see why Yamato did not reissue them until the end.

M&M's were never sold at sub $100 each.

1/60 V2 Max & Millia VF-1J were once sold at about HKD785 in some Hong Kong retail shops. (just asked one of my friend to be sure) and 1/48 reissue even cheaper, not for a very long time but maybe a few months

It was around 2009 as I remember. Actually that was the time when many Yamato 1/60 V2 can be found at discount in Hong Kong.

I remember it because that's when I start collecting Yamato VFs, and I was lucky enough to have got quite a few of them at very reasonable price.

Edited by alchemo