Official release of Hasbor's Alternators

vlenhoff

Basic advice is to check Target. Yes, other places have had them, but like 95% of sightings are coming from Target. Also check every aisle that sells any sort of toy car. A good chunk of the Target reports say they're (mistakenly) being put in with the diecast and model cars, not even the same aisle as TF's.

Basic advice is to check Target. Yes, other places have had them, but like 95% of sightings are coming from Target. Also check every aisle that sells any sort of toy car. A good chunk of the Target reports say they're (mistakenly) being put in with the diecast and model cars, not even the same aisle as TF's.

Also to add to this.......

This time of year retailers cram all the toys out in hopes of selling more. Check down every aisle.

I'll check tomorrow after work or during lunch. How much are these things running for?

No luck at Target, or Toy's R Us here, in Gaithersburg, MD. Anyone in Frederick have any luck. The 2005 board had some sightings there.

huzah just got it and transformed it and ow my brain that was a ridiculous transformation dont even wanna kno wut itll be like to transform the MP prime

The arms and getting the magnets right is a pain. I am glad he is plastic. I can see how those little magnets would scrape away the paint. I am tempted to take the steering magnet off to make for an easier transformation. They should dump that magnet system to get the front wheels to line up. You can line the wheels up without them. Other then that me likey!

Went back to Target today and found two Smokescreens. One in the Transformer section, another by the toy cars.:blink: Go figure. I only need one, so the other is going up for sale. I thought my brother would want one, but he said no after I bought it.

Might consider a Unicron too, target has it for 43 bucks, the cheapest I've seen it so far. I will see what the after-christmas sales bring.

I spent a couple of hours at the Target ( in Union City, CA ) finishing my X-Mas shopping.

There were NO Alternators.

But plenty of Armada Optimus Primes and Unicrons.

Tons of new Energon figures as well.

DARN. I was SOOOOOO looking foward to picking up an Alternator Sideswipe (before Prime comes in). :ph34r:

Edited by UN Spacy

Went to Target at the Brandywine Town Center in Delaware....Nothing but Armada minicons and one Energon Prime

Went to TRU near the Christiana Mall in DE. No Alternators, but piles of Reissues, Armada, and Energon! Oh My!!! They had literally a wall full of nothing but Armada and Energon Primes, and a couple of shelves of the others. I was SO tempted to get a Reissue Inferno, but thought better of it and bought Midway Treasures on the PS2.

Went back to Target today and found two Smokescreens. One in the Transformer section, another by the toy cars.:blink: Go figure. I only need one, so the other is going up for sale. I thought my brother would want one, but he said no after I bought it.

Might consider a Unicron too, target has it for 43 bucks, the cheapest I've seen it so far. I will see what the after-christmas sales bring.

I just hope there's any Alternators left and Unicrons on clearence after Christmas.

~G25

Anybody in Houston? Ive been to Target on Westheimer, I-10 /gessner, and Fry rd for now 3 days. Tru on Westheimer, Katy mills, I-10, 290/43 for 3 days maybe 4. Walmart twice on westheimer/kirkwood.

It is nowhere to be found.... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

vic :angry:

ain't seen any of these down in San Antonio, either.

Went back to Target today and found two Smokescreens.  One in the Transformer section, another by the toy cars.:blink:  Go figure.  I only need one, so the other is going up for sale.  I thought my brother would want one, but he said no after I bought it.

Might consider a Unicron too, target has it for 43 bucks, the cheapest I've seen it so far.  I will see what the after-christmas sales bring.

I just hope there's any Alternators left and Unicrons on clearence after Christmas.

~G25

Unicron I don't think there will be any problem. Toys R Us and Target had TONS of them. In fact, they might go on sale after christmas to clar inventory. Here's to hoping.

Smokescreen may be easier after Christmas, but will probably continue to dosappear off the shelves. I do have to say, Hasbro's Smokescreen came out pretty good. It's all plastic, but it's good plastic, and the detail came off without a hitch. Well worth the 20 bucks.

post-26-1072324579_thumb.jpg

I haven't managed to find this sucker, and I'm going in the miday-morning section of the day. Shall, I try at other times, maybe? I don't know what to do.

Vic...

goto target use this dcpi #087060744 . this will tell you if they have them in back. Alot of stores don't have a salefloor home for them yet so they're just hanging out in back.

Visited Target only, and they had Unicron on sale for only 29.98! I didn't buy it because even though it is a great character, I'm not THAAT crazy for tranformers. :angry::angry::angry: I just want alternators :angry::angry::angry: Give me, give me, give me!!!

ALTERNATORS NOWWW!

:angry::angry::angry: VIC :angry::angry::angry:

:(

Does anyone know how far south the Alternators line has made it? I live in the Tampa area of Florida and I've had NO luck finding Smokescreen at TRU or Target. Hell, I've even checked Wal-Mart...

Well, I had no luck at all in Rock Hill SC or Spartanburg SC. RH is far north in SC and SB is a little farther down, but I found them in Anderson, which is just an hour south of SB. So ... I guess it has more to do with what managers buy versus how far they've been shipped.

Greenguy, i'm in orlando and got mine at the target near the florida mall... if you must find your alternators... try the collector car side first, check out the corners and sides of the shelves first then move towards the middle, because they are mostly hidden at times at that locations first.

The Wal-Mart near where I live in Minot, ND put out a few Smokescreens; $19.76 each (found in the Transformers section). They also had new Energon figures like Jetfire and Scorponik.

I am actually very pleased with Hasbro's Smokescreen. The plastic is of good quality and the details from the Takara version were transfered flawlessly. While it is considerably lighter, there's no worry of chipping paint or breaking something as the parts were designed to come a part if too much force is used (I'm assuming Takara's version is the same way, but I was too delicate with it to ever find out). What sucks is that the Hasbro version only comes with the standard fold-out instructions. There's no collector card and no story/picture booklet. In fact, there's no supporting storyline included whatsoever on the package. Hell, even my Energon Starscream came with a collectors card and comic book...the suporting story is printed on the back of every Energon/Armada product. Anyway, for $20 a piece, these won't last long so pick 'em up as soon as you can.

Edited by Sephiroth

Hell, even my Energon Starscream came with a collectors card and comic book...

Sort of off-topic, but how do you like Starscream? I got one last week and even though it's nicely done, I don't like it quite as much as I thought I would. I think it might be the colors they used.