Official release of Hasbor's Alternators

vlenhoff

Greenguy, i'm in orlando and got mine at the target near the florida mall... if you must find your alternators... try the collector car side first, check out the corners and sides of the shelves first then move towards the middle, because they are mostly hidden at times at that locations first.

I've looked.... nothing yet. It's odd. Normally, these new releases are EVERYWHERE in Clearwater. I've got some down time today. I think I'll go by Target and Wal-Mart, and ask the employees to check their computers... haven't bothered doing that yet... lol

BINGO!!!! Score 2 smokescreens this morning!!! Houston, TX at the Westheimer/wilcrest Target store. They were only two of them, and my roomate that was with me, snatched one of them. I was going to buy the two of them, in case any of you MWers wanted one, oh well.

Here is my review:

Details:95%

Quality: 95%

Dieacast content:0%

Entertainment value: 100%

Easy transformation:25%

I think the rear doors "fitting" should be a little more flush with the frame of the car. Overall, I like it a lot, it is like a dream come true, and for the price, even though I like diecast content,I really don't mind having the no diecast version. It's kinda' like a 1/48 :lol:

I've got the Takara 20th Optimus, and I love how brutaly heavy it is. I also like how the transformation takes place. I think for a $20.00 toy, Smokescreen is the best that can ever happen to any Transformers collector. Myself, I now "only" collect Macross, and that's why I'm getting the american versions of the Alternators. If Takara makes a Megatron or a Starscream, I may also get those imported from Japan. I don't really think TRU will sell a new kick@$$ reallistic version of a gun that transforms. Or probably they would paint the barrel in red :lol: color?

Bottom line, I'm satisfied!

B)) VIC B))

Now, have anybody seen Sideswipe?

Edited by vlenhoff

Hell, even my Energon Starscream came with a collectors card and comic book...

Sort of off-topic, but how do you like Starscream? I got one last week and even though it's nicely done, I don't like it quite as much as I thought I would. I think it might be the colors they used.

I'm actually very pleased with Energon Starscream. The colors are different from the traditional Starscream color scheme, but I believe they are very accurate to the new animated series. I love the head sculpt the most and how his eyes light up when light passes through the back. He features a fair amount of articulation in robot mode and has cool weapons. The fighter mode leaves a lot to be desired, but it's not bad. I'm just glad that they thought to include retractable landing gear. It even has somewhat of a GERWALK mode. Anyway, for the size, price and quality, I have to commend Hasbro/Takara on a job well done.

I also bought Energon Scorponik, but I haven't made my mind up about that one yet.

1072763937528_Energon_SS_and_Scorponik.jpg

Edited by Sephiroth

If anyone living in the East Bay (SF Bay Area) the Armada Unicrons are on clearence for 29.00 at San Pablo Target and I'm sure (if there's any left) in a few weeks they'll decrease the price ridiculously lower.

I didn't manage to get one, since I don't have any room, I bought a MicroSizer/Bit-CharG mini RC Toyota bB for 12 bucks.

~G25

BINGO!!!! Score 2 smokescreens this morning!!! Houston, TX at the Westheimer/wilcrest Target store. They were only two of them, and my roomate that was with me, snatched one of them. I was going to buy the two of them, in case any of you MWers wanted one, oh well.

You punk, I was just there like yesterday and didn't find any. I didn't even see a bare spot on a shelf where they were supposed to be. I live just down the street from that Target. Oh well, I will eventually find one after all the holiday shopping settles down.

My brother and I each scored a Smokescreen at TRU Shaumburg, IL yesterday. It is definately worth a $20.00 investment.

BTW, Alternator Smokescreen's transformation and robot mode is exactly like G1 Smokescreen's right down to the 180 degree hip turn and how the arms are folded. The only difference is the feet require an extra step and the head pops out of the hood differently. My brother has the TRU Smokescreen and we were comparing them last night.

BTW, kinda off topic but I heard that the Binaltech Smokescreen has real problems with paint chips around the shoulders and by the doors. Is that true???

Mine has a few very tiny chips in the midsection, but they're not very noticable. Most of the paint-chipping complaints seem to be inflated and dramatized. What in reality is a few very minor flakes for some reason makes people think of large patches of bare metal and flakes coming off all over the place. Frankly, I'll live with some paint chips because the realistic lustre of the painted diecast is like steak compared to the Alternators, which look slightly salisbury to me. :p

Don't get me wrong though, if the plasticy Alternators were the only thing available, I'd be happy with them. They sure have the right price.

:D I just found one myself at the Target in Memorial City Mall in Houston. There was 2 left if anyone on the west side of H-town is still looking for one. I can't wait to play with it at home this weekend. :)

Memorial City maLL? I visited that place like a million times with no luck. Goos thing is that I have mine already!

Vic!

Just picked up 2 at the Wal-Mart in Hamilton, NJ. Definately a nice piece of toy engineering. Transformation was a little difficult at first, but thats okay because its soo beautiful. I picked up two and I am currently selling the other if anyone is interested.

jawjaw, how much was it? I think I'll head over there tomorrow.. we're both on the west side, h-town, ya know B))

sup vic! where'd you get yours?

Zorclone!!!! Long time no see!!! :lol: I got it at Target on Westheimer/Wilcrest. A friend o' mine also got it there. I'm so digging sidewipe now, but I don't know when is it comming out.

vic.

i saw alternator smokescreen at a couple targets and a walmart in the Chicago area, along with re-released gundam wing arch-enemies figures in the targets. the TRU i went to had tons of the energon basics and the US re-issues, but that was about it. since i already have the #8 BT smokescreen i'm skipping the alternator version, but i may pick up the alternator sideswipe, though i think its the only one of the BinaTech/alternators figures announced so far that i'll pick the plastic version over the die cast.

Got my Alternators Smokescreen today here at Wal-Mart in Simi Valley, CA. As previously stated by others, it's in the Model Cars aisle. I might make a mini-review of the toy if anyone's interested... just point me where I should place it. ^_^''''

Edit: if you're in Simi and you try to get it today (01/05/04), just so you know..... I got the LAST ONE. :D

Edited by ManxoChu

The closest I've come to the Hasbro Smokescreen was yesterday at a TRU in Tustin, CA. I walked in and went straight to the Transformers section but didn't see any Alternators or a place for them on the shelf so I walked around the action figure section on my way to the cars. I looked around the car section and didn't find them. On my way back to the Transformers section I saw a little kid with a Smokescreen in his hand!!! :angry: I asked him where he got it and he said that it was behind some stuff as if someone was trying to hide it. :ph34r: Dude. It could have been mine!!! <_< Pooh.