Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Not much of a pose, but I find the 1/48 Yamato can double as a flight stand for the Tiny Sessions figures. ;) 

image.jpeg.0d37a49c5df35d46611bcd785d2ad944.jpeg

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

image.jpeg.eb15edf7ef0e633e02567592ff77bf30.jpegCan even hold the figure. :) 

Pretty cool and a nice breath of fresh air.

• 2 weeks later...

The Yamato 1/200 VFC is great in hand. Line-art accurate despite their small size, & have excellent panel lining details. Plus, the only way to own the VF-9 Cutlass & VA-3 Invader in toy form. :good:

On 5/7/2023 at 8:28 AM, MKT said:

Still amazed at how Macross VFs throughout 40 years always have rather tidy underbellies in Fighter in comparison to other transforming jets, and the VF-25 is no exception. I would have taken off the intake covers for this shot, but the unpainted intake detail bug me more so I left them on.

VF-25SFighterbottomv2NRM2nt.JPG.b4d163e563fbad552ee4ec4bc8b4f864.JPG

Love this shot and effect, @MKT. :wub: :good: 

I sometimes feel the VF-0 in battroid, have a bit of strange proportions. In-universe it is supposed to be the predecessor to the VF-1, but sometimes it feels more like a kitbash of something else to make it look like a VF-1 lol.

HMRVF-0SBattroidReacheditNRM2-b2v2nt.jpg.a34886835e40686aeaa92ee9190d4542.jpg

57 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Such a great color scheme. One of if not my all time favorite from Yamato! :wub:

Agreed.

Let’s hope Arcadia releases another cool non-canon scheme like this for the next anniversary celebrations..

On 6/14/2023 at 8:49 PM, MKT said:

I sometimes feel the VF-0 in battroid, have a bit of strange proportions. In-universe it is supposed to be the predecessor to the VF-1, but sometimes it feels more like a kitbash of something else to make it look like a VF-1 lol.

I have that issue with a lot of ova additions to classic mecha. Like in Gundam 0083 the GM N type custom is a predecessor to the Gm 2 and 3 and looks way more advanced than either. Even the ones from 0080 look more advanced than stuff from ZZ Gundam. Or more recently there’s those new designs from Mospeada that look way more futuristic than the original designs even though it’s a prequel story. Sometimes these things end up being cool enough to forgive though and other times they look a bit too out of place. I do like the VF-0, but I don’t connect Macross Zero to any of the other shows or movies. I kinda think of it as a separate thing altogether like Tenchi. Sure it’s got Roy, but I don’t feel the connection and treat it like an alternate universe, like DYRL

9 hours ago, Big s said:

I do like the VF-0, but I don’t connect Macross Zero to any of the other shows or movies. I kinda think of it as a separate thing altogether like Tenchi. 

Ditto here.. each Macross show have been intentionally different in tone & presentation, so they feel like independent shows but connected to a larger universe. Not really a bad thing, especially in light of so many things being made to crossover these days.

4 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

20150310_141019.jpg

I’ve never transformed mine to Battroid, so always like to look at pics of it other than Fighter. The particular shade of gray Yamato used is just perfect & that yellow matches it so well.

I don’t know why I never saw it or made the link before, but I only now realised the VF-25S basically has almost the same colours. No wonder it was Frontier’s best scheme!

31 minutes ago, MKT said:

I’ve never transformed mine to Battroid, so always like to look at pics of it other than Fighter. The particular shade of gray Yamato used is just perfect & that yellow matches it so well.

I don’t know why I never saw it or made the link before, but I only now realised the VF-25S basically has almost the same colours. No wonder it was Frontier’s best scheme!

It really has a perfect shade of grey. I believe if I had to keep only one 1/60 VF-1 this 1S Low Viz would be it.

11 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

It really has a perfect shade of grey. I believe if I had to keep only one 1/60 VF-1 this 1S Low Viz would be it.

It would be a tough choice between the Low-Vis and the Cavaliers haha. Cavaliers remains a grail for me, and sadly I don't think I will see it pop up for a reasonable price anywhere like how the Low-Vis sometimes does. 

In my very fuzzy memory, I always thought the VF-1J 30th Anniversary scheme appeared with Ranka in one of the Frontier movies, in a short scene of it coming up a carrier lift. The timelines don't match, which meant I must have saw that image somewhere else. I can't seem to find the illustration now though, so I thought I'll make my own of both together8P

VF-1J30thGerwalkARMN-NRMc1nt2.jpg.1d8922acd0160710909491df946dc5a8.jpg

And it so happened, I think I managed to recreate above illustration perfectly with the toy :crazy:

VF-1J30thGerwalkANRM2-b2nt.jpg.bcb223f7c0411ba42d717fe5e26d4869.jpg

Jokes aside, if I look at it slightly cross-eyed, the colors exactly as presented in just this pic down to that bronze canopy, reminds me of a certain other screaming star transforming jet. :p 

Edited by MKT

6 hours ago, MKT said:

In my very fuzzy memory, I always thought the VF-1J 30th Anniversary scheme appeared with Ranka in one of the Frontier movies, in a short scene of it coming up a carrier lift. The timelines don't match, which meant I must have saw that image somewhere else. I can't seem to find the illustration now though, so I thought I'll make my own of both together8P

VF-1J30thGerwalkARMN-NRMc1nt2.jpg.1d8922acd0160710909491df946dc5a8.jpg

And it so happened, I think I managed to recreate above illustration perfectly with the toy :crazy:

VF-1J30thGerwalkANRM2-b2nt.jpg.bcb223f7c0411ba42d717fe5e26d4869.jpg

Jokes aside, if I look at it slightly cross-eyed, the colors exactly as presented in just this pic down to that bronze canopy, reminds me of a certain other screaming star transforming jet. :p 

Great shot!