Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

17 minutes ago, MKT said:

Thanks :) The backdrop is from Fext Hobby. They have a few different options, but Sci-Fi 03 is the most versatile for a universal backdrop. I see that they now also have the Sci-Fi 07

These are brilliant. Love the size too. Gonna have to get one end of the month. 

Edited by Raikkonen

52 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

These are brilliant. Love the size too. Gonna have to get one end of the month. 

For the Sci-Fi 03, one set may be enough for smaller toys like the HMR valks, but for the larger 1/60s & 1/48s, you may need multiple sets to comfortably fit them in. @Saburo was the one who designed the graphics for Sci-Fi 03 btw.

Never much like delta-winged fighter jets, purely on visuals, until fairly recently. I trace the bias to the Top Trumps fighter jets card game in the younger days, whereby the delta-winged ones were always somewhat middling in stats compared to those that are top or near the top and were almost always the US 4th gen planes. Fast forward to this HMR VF-0D, it is currently a top favorite..

HMRVF-0DFighterFNRM2-b2-NRM3nt.jpg.301213da9d410be9c03cb30599dda7cf.jpg

2 hours ago, MKT said:

Never much like delta-winged fighter jets, purely on visuals, until fairly recently. I trace the bias to the Top Trumps fighter jets card game in the younger days, whereby the delta-winged ones were always somewhat middling in stats compared to those that are top or near the top and were almost always the US 4th gen planes. Fast forward to this HMR VF-0D, it is currently a top favorite..

Super Trump Cards! Those were the days. I had specs for every fighter jet of the times memorized. 

51 minutes ago, Mog said:

One of my "oldies" pics . . . before getting some Flexi's/Flightpose stands and while I was still using the flash on my pics 🤦‍♂️:

I kinda totally forgot that cameras have flash these days, what with all the advancement in phone cams these days lol.

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Super Trump Cards! Those were the days. I had specs for every fighter jet of the times memorized. 

Those cards, including the ones for cars, were the one of best educational subjects during school bus rides. :lol:

3 minutes ago, MKT said:

I kinda totally forgot that cameras have flash these days, what with all the advancement in phone cams these days lol.

Those cards, including the ones for cars, were the one of best educational subjects during school bus rides. :lol:

Yeah, I had fighter jets and tanks though. I gotta find my cards...I know they are stored away somewhere.

10 hours ago, MKT said:

She's a lovely bird indeed! 

7 hours ago, MKT said:

There used to be a photography thread way, way back in the day.  Taught me the importance of having a tripod or something to stabilize the camera back then.

But yeah, using the phone is just so much faster and more convenient now.

49 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

She's a lovely bird indeed! 

Love it from most angles.. TBH, the least favourite of the VF-0D is from top straight-down view, but there are other nice angles to fire off the imagination & nerd out with.

31 minutes ago, Mog said:

There used to be a photography thread way, way back in the day.  Taught me the importance of having a tripod or something to stabilize the camera back then.

But yeah, using the phone is just so much faster and more convenient now.

Found the thread. Always like to come across interesting tips.
I only recently started using tripod, which is super handy not so much for image stabilisation now as today’s phone seems able handle it well, but for minute adjustments to the subject within the frame.

Yeah, it was always frustrating to snap a bunch of pics, download them onto the computer, and then realize the angle of the gunpod is slightly off or you didn’t get the whole bird in the frame.

I also kinda miss Picasa.  Such a simple and easy program to edit photos back in the day.

The DSLR camera still has its uses.  But with the march of technology, it’s just a longer process now by comparison.

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Sweet! :wub:

The gun blocking the landing hook is a bit of booboo on Bandai's part, mimicking Arcadia's original release. Unlike Arcadia's though, the gun's butt does rub a little against the landing hook. You can still make the gun point straight, but it's easy to bump it aside ever so slightly but thank goodness it's not so noticeable.

HMRVF-0DFighterCobraBNRM2-b2v2nt.jpg.32d11d93f03358fd76d9873a8a32d2e8.jpg

6 hours ago, MKT said:

The gun blocking the landing hook is a bit of booboo on Bandai's part, mimicking Arcadia's original release. Unlike Arcadia's though, the gun's butt does rub a little against the landing hook. You can still make the gun point straight, but it's easy to bump it aside ever so slightly but thank goodness it's not so noticeable.

HMRVF-0DFighterCobraBNRM2-b2v2nt.jpg.32d11d93f03358fd76d9873a8a32d2e8.jpg

I really like the lighting on your pics. I'm always adjusting my primitive setup to get the best light possible. 

I'll have to take your word for it on the gunpod as my 0D is still a pile of parts. 😁

53 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I really like the lighting on your pics. I'm always adjusting my primitive setup to get the best light possible. 

I'll have to take your word for it on the gunpod as my 0D is still a pile of parts. 😁

The recent 0D pics were all mostly lit using a small LED torchlight, narrowly focused through the transparent diffused panels. I like what I think to be layered shadow look to the pics, and exploring more in that direction these days.

I think your 0D will be your best work ever judging by all the custom decals this time. :good: 

1 hour ago, MKT said:

The recent 0D pics were all mostly lit using a small LED torchlight, narrowly focused through the transparent diffused panels. I like what I think to be layered shadow look to the pics, and exploring more in that direction these days.

I think your 0D will be your best work ever judging by all the custom decals this time. :good: 

Interesting technique. I might have to experiment with that. 

Nah I was just gonna slap a few decals and call it a day. It's @Angesdad's "premium finish" version that will be amazing!