Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Obviously some vintage stuff.  I love the Convertors line because it's a low cost alternative to my OCD collection habits in the vintage world.  It satisfies that itch.  Plus I just think it's cool that I have a windup toy in my collection.  I can still hear the nails-on-chalkboard scratching when the toy unwound.

Convertors defenders - 1.jpeg

I got one of those Metal 3D models from Aliexpress, the ones which are like pre-cut cardboard parts where you press the shapes out of the board & fold them into the desired item, except this one is metal, and comes pre-painted.

What attracted me was the Macross the First Minmei itasha used for this VF-1S. From the size of the fuselage & wings, this looks to be slightly larger than the old CharaWorks 1/144 VF-1. The printing of Minmei herself & the graphics are not very high-resolution, but I think decent enough for this scale especially as a cheap 3rd party item, and now that I'm thinking of it, Sheryl's itasha on the much larger Chogokin VF-171EX Maruyama wasn't that sharp either. 

Metal3DVF-1SMacrosstheFirstnt.jpg.24f923308919060de54835497766eddd.jpg

On 9/18/2023 at 10:58 AM, MKT said:

I got one of those Metal 3D models from Aliexpress, the ones which are like pre-cut cardboard parts where you press the shapes out of the board & fold them into the desired item, except this one is metal, and comes pre-painted.

What attracted me was the Macross the First Minmei itasha used for this VF-1S. From the size of the fuselage & wings, this looks to be slightly larger than the old CharaWorks 1/144 VF-1. The printing of Minmei herself & the graphics are not very high-resolution, but I think decent enough for this scale especially as a cheap 3rd party item, and now that I'm thinking of it, Sheryl's itasha on the much larger Chogokin VF-171EX Maruyama wasn't that sharp either. 

Metal3DVF-1SMacrosstheFirstnt.jpg.24f923308919060de54835497766eddd.jpg

You gonna build it?

This is my first Moshow figure got from AmiAmi today and Im just blown away of the quality of materials, height and heft, had lots of Metal Builds but this one holy hell!, just thinking about what Moshow will do for the Mospeada cyclone it just gives me goosebumps!image.jpeg.a351e7cf577224300a0cceaf743b00c4.jpeg

4 hours ago, Alex GS said:

This is my first Moshow figure got from AmiAmi today and Im just blown away of the quality of materials, height and heft, had lots of Metal Builds but this one holy hell!, just thinking about what Moshow will do for the Mospeada cyclone it just gives me goosebumps!image.jpeg.a351e7cf577224300a0cceaf743b00c4.jpeg

I've only seen and read positive things about Mo-show. But always looking forward to more pics and insight from a Macross collector. 

10 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

I've only seen and read positive things about Mo-show. But always looking forward to more pics and insight from a Macross collector. 

I Have Moshow Takeda Shingen and it is among the best quality, engineered, hefty and detailed figures I have at any price, let alone being around half the price of a Metal Build. It's bigger, better and cheaper than the mostly compared Metal Build figures I have.

Edited by Slave IV

On 9/22/2023 at 1:49 PM, Slave IV said:

I Have Moshow Takeda Shingen and it is among the best quality, engineered, hefty and detailed figures I have at any price, let alone being around half the price of a Metal Build. It's bigger, better and cheaper than the mostly compared Metal Build figures I have.

I can vouch for this.  I had a MoSho, one of the early ones, and it was amazing.  And big.  Dwarfed any of my Metal Builds I have and the quality is comparable.  The price at the time was around $100.

Sadly, I gave it up because I'm a box collector and the box was all messed up.  Should have just kept it.  The dude I sold it to was raving about it.

Just picked up this beauty from the post office

IMG_20230926_093143.jpg.1f8f8a4bcb9ecf2e30b337efb0b23a82.jpg

I'm still missing the VF-4 and the VT-1 that I'd really like to get. A brownie would be nice too but Im starting to realize how hard to find/get.

I know the post title is not legally bound and could be read a bit ambiguously, but lets try to keep this one for Toys only.
There are a lot of toy purchases that should sort of be in the Anime/SciFi other section, but at page 662...that cat is out of the bag.

For model purchases lets keep those in their respective top level section, and follow other categories as well.

The catch-all is the Collectors section-my favorite! :)