Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Got some stuff in, really excited for this batch.

post-12821-0-38187500-1469025878_thumb.jpg

I know a lot of people don't like the Figuarts Mario releases, but when you have as many different sets and doubles and triples as I do, the figures really start to shine and look great when you set everything up. I had a Monsterarts 2014 Godzilla before but he suffered from derp eyes and Koolaid mouth so I gave him to a nephew, found this one for cheap and I guess I hit the QC lottery because he seems fine. Couple other little things, I love the Power Rangers Legacy line so I've grabbed everything in that, the communicator is pretty nice. Plus I needed lots more stands, Tamashii Stage Acts and two 1/6 stands.

post-12821-0-87273400-1469025862_thumb.jpg

I've been waiting on FansToys Willis, AKA Masterpiece Hound, for a VERY long time. He's my first FansToys figure and I can say, I'm really impressed, I've been let down by Takara's latest releases so I feel if they announce an official one I doubt I'll even bother with it, this guy is just too perfect, and I have little faith Takara will put out anything more then a boring looking green block for official Hound. I got out of 1/6 a few years back after getting burned by several crappy Hot Toys in a row, but I love Breaking Bad, and I figured it would be hard for a company to screw up WW, he's pretty damn great, excellent head sculpt, I'm ready for Jesse to release so I can put the dynamic duo together.

attachicon.gif20160716_133029~01.jpg

I know a lot of people don't like the Figuarts Mario releases, but when you have as many different sets and doubles and triples as I do, the figures really start to shine and look great when you set everything up. I had a Monsterarts 2014 Godzilla before but he suffered from derp eyes and Koolaid mouth so I gave him to a nephew, found this one for cheap and I guess I hit the QC lottery because he seems fine. Couple other little things, I love the Power Rangers Legacy line so I've grabbed everything in that, the communicator is pretty nice. Plus I needed lots more stands, Tamashii Stage Acts and two 1/6 stands.

attachicon.gif20160716_133241.jpg

I've been waiting on FansToys Willis, AKA Masterpiece Hound, for a VERY long time. He's my first FansToys figure and I can say, I'm really impressed, I've been let down by Takara's latest releases so I feel if they announce an official one I doubt I'll even bother with it, this guy is just too perfect, and I have little faith Takara will put out anything more then a boring looking green block for official Hound. I got out of 1/6 a few years back after getting burned by several crappy Hot Toys in a row, but I love Breaking Bad, and I figured it would be hard for a company to screw up WW, he's pretty damn great, excellent head sculpt, I'm ready for Jesse to release so I can put the dynamic duo together.

Really nice haul! Awakening Goku is great! Willis looks nice but after the crap i went through with FT Forager ive decided im only going to stick with their dinos. I wish they wouldve put out that Figuarts MMPR stand set for the rest of the rangers.

Really nice haul! Awakening Goku is great! Willis looks nice but after the crap i went through with FT Forager ive decided im only going to stick with their dinos. I wish they wouldve put out that Figuarts MMPR stand set for the rest of the rangers.

Yeah I'm not an Insecticon fan, but I read plenty about the Forager controversy. He looks pretty damn phenomenal, but that part that is giving people issues is just unacceptable. I read they included a fixed or replacement part on the Iron Dibot release that came right after him, nice for those that bought that release too, crummy for those that didn't and just wanted a nice Third Party Insecticon without any issues. The same thing nearly happened with Willis too. Early reviews said his side mirrors were extremely fragile, 3 of the 5 early reviews had breaks on their side mirrors. It seemed at first all FansToys was going to do was put an extra note in the box that said to be careful like with Forager, but they delayed him and extra two weeks and re-did the side mirrors in a soft, rubbery plastic, which is nice and works well. Definitely agree on the Awakening Goku, great figure, an excellent update over the original "clean" gi release. Plus damaged Goku looks much better with my only other DBZ FIguart, Broly. I'm actually taking some blank Tamashii Stage stands and pad printing them at work with the same exact layout that the little official ones I just got come in, I'm even going to do one for white ranger. Easy enough layout to remake, I think they'll look great.

20160716_133029~01.jpg

attachicon.gif20160716_133241.jpg

hmmm.. those what appear to be display stands to the left of the photo, are they toy specific or a generic thing?

Edited by spanner

Yeah I'm not an Insecticon fan, but I read plenty about the Forager controversy. He looks pretty damn phenomenal, but that part that is giving people issues is just unacceptable. I read they included a fixed or replacement part on the Iron Dibot release that came right after him, nice for those that bought that release too, crummy for those that didn't and just wanted a nice Third Party Insecticon without any issues. The same thing nearly happened with Willis too. Early reviews said his side mirrors were extremely fragile, 3 of the 5 early reviews had breaks on their side mirrors. It seemed at first all FansToys was going to do was put an extra note in the box that said to be careful like with Forager, but they delayed him and extra two weeks and re-did the side mirrors in a soft, rubbery plastic, which is nice and works well. Definitely agree on the Awakening Goku, great figure, an excellent update over the original "clean" gi release. Plus damaged Goku looks much better with my only other DBZ FIguart, Broly. I'm actually taking some blank Tamashii Stage stands and pad printing them at work with the same exact layout that the little official ones I just got come in, I'm even going to do one for white ranger. Easy enough layout to remake, I think they'll look great.

PM me pics of the stands please once you get them done

hmmm.. those what appear to be display stands to the left of the photo, are they toy specific or a generic thing?

They're kind of generic due to the peg size, I've fit a number of different things on them, but they are Tamashii Stage Act 5 stands. They're made for Bandai's various mecha figures like Hi-Metal R, and all of the Robot Damashii/Spirits Gundam figures. The Hi-Metal R Roy exclusive came with one of these with some custom coloring on it, they're pretty great and versatile for the price. There's three per set with all the bits and bobs to customize the included 3 how you want, I've personally got 12 Act 5s stashed, and 16 of the Act 4, which are made for Figuarts figures and 1/12 scale figures in general.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN14285&mode=retail

They're kind of generic due to the peg size, I've fit a number of different things on them, but they are Tamashii Stage Act 5 stands. They're made for Bandai's various mecha figures like Hi-Metal R, and all of the Robot Damashii/Spirits Gundam figures. The Hi-Metal R Roy exclusive came with one of these with some custom coloring on it, they're pretty great and versatile for the price. There's three per set with all the bits and bobs to customize the included 3 how you want, I've personally got 12 Act 5s stashed, and 16 of the Act 4, which are made for Figuarts figures and 1/12 scale figures in general.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN14285&mode=retail

Oh yeah cool! And they not terribly expensive either.. might be worth a look into as a cheap alternative.

Found a VF-1S assembly kit on ebay for a pretty decent price and was (kinda) local.. (Melbourne to Sydney) so I couldn't resist!

For a while I've had thoughts of doing another custom paint and would really like to give it a go doing one myself this time! So here goes eh!

post-21335-0-80649800-1469100323_thumb.jpg

Found a VF-1S assembly kit on ebay for a pretty decent price and was (kinda) local.. (Melbourne to Sydney) so I couldn't resist!

For a while I've had thoughts of doing another custom paint and would really like to give it a go doing one myself this time! So here goes eh!

attachicon.gif$_57.JPG

Congrats. I would love to get a VF-1J Assembly Kit.

my cousin finally came good on his promise of a Cloud 9 Quakeblast W-01 for my birthday! oh yeah it was my 40th last Monday, just sayin..

took a quick photo of it out of the box, looks pretty good! Built well and has a good weight to it. Although smaller, it is heavier than MPP10 Prime! Must have more diecast in it!

overall its quite a nice thing and im happy with it! even more so considering I didn't pay for it! hehe! But MPP10 is still the better toy!

20160723_222517.jpg

Edited by spanner

my cousin finally came good on his promise of a Cloud 9 Quakeblast W-01 for my birthday! oh yeah it was my 40th last Monday, just sayin..

took a quick photo of it out of the box, looks pretty good! Built well and has a good weight to it. Although smaller, it is heavier than MPP10 Prime! Must have more diecast in it!

overall its quite a nice thing and im happy with it! even more so considering I didn't pay for it! hehe! But MPP10 is still the better toy!

20160723_222517.jpg

Happy Birthday old-timer!

-b.

Great purchases everyone! And belated Happy Birthday to you, Spanner! ;)

Got these from the last 2 weeks (or 3?). ^_^ Though I forgot to take photo of Astralith's VF-1S kit.

CM's Hikaru Ichijo and Roy Focker's Canopy Figures

IMG_5472_zpsbk3eoflj.jpg

IMG_5470_zpsx0m2jdvl.jpg

S.H.Figuarts Iron Man MK46
IMG_5487_zpssaiweule.jpg

Hasegawa 1/4000 SDF-1 Attack Mode
IMG_5489_zpstgmbdec1.jpg

Arcadia 1/60 VF-4G Lightning III
IMG_5488_zpsi9sqkpmf.jpg
I can now confirm that Arcadia's VF-4G release has tight shoulder joints but a little bit loose on the knee and ankle joints. Need to use a stand to support it during Gerwalk and Battroid mode.

Man I really am trying hard to resist getting into the 3rd party TF collecting but what yall show off in here is so amazing looking. All I have at home is an original MP-01 Prime, Bumblebee and Prowl. I don't want to replace characters I already have but there are some I'd love to get that either don't exist from Takara, are more than I want to spend on them, or I don't like how they turned out.

It still boggles my mind that I only spent $85 back in the day on the Takara import MP-01.

Man I really am trying hard to resist getting into the 3rd party TF collecting but what yall show off in here is so amazing looking. All I have at home is an original MP-01 Prime, Bumblebee and Prowl. I don't want to replace characters I already have but there are some I'd love to get that either don't exist from Takara, are more than I want to spend on them, or I don't like how they turned out.

It still boggles my mind that I only spent $85 back in the day on the Takara import MP-01.

Right with you on that one buddy! All i have are two 3rd party toys but they are quite impressive, not to mention so many more out there like the Fans Toys Dinobots for example really make it a hard decision not to pull the trigger and buy more of them!

Must.Remain.Focused.On.Macross!

Right with you on that one buddy! All i have are two 3rd party toys but they are quite impressive, not to mention so many more out there like the Fans Toys Dinobots for example really make it a hard decision not to pull the trigger and buy more of them!

Must.Remain.Focused.On.Macross!

To be fair MPP-10 is a KO, not third party.

Nice purchases, Noel! Have you tried tightening the screws on the VF-4?

thanks abbadon! Nope, haven't tried it yet. Will try to do it tonight. ;)

thanks for the B'day wishes Noel! ^_^ and nice purchases too! loving those cockpit pilot displays! B))

You're welcome sir. By now, you should've already tried ube and pandan. ;)

To be fair MPP-10 is a KO, not third party.

Ii'm confused. I thought MPP-10 is already a 3P? Since it's not a direct KO of the existing actual product, right? I mean, they already made it bigger.

Edited by no3ljm